helpmehelpme

helpmehelpme

self and collective help
Jan 25, 2020
I came across this today, and it fits. Anyone with tales of success in treating or been diagnosed and treating for it? On a visit back home to see mom and attempt to right myself, and I see how deeply rooted DPD is in me. It is daunting for me to overcome this. I left a marriage, foolishly and naively, although very peacefully, and that has resulted in great remorse and despair. Now making a peaceful exit may be in my cards at some point, as the wheels are falling off what was once a pretty decent life. The thought of bringing mom's health down amid my despairing chatter is a concern. Anyhow, stories about overcoming DPD or codependence welcome.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Sensei
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
Story of my life. Domino effect. If I love my life good. When I hate where I live I become a brat that is a.bottomless pit of need.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and helpmehelpme
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I have this in addition to other stuff. This is why I don't want to get involved w anyone. I put them in the caretaker role over me. I'm very codependent as well. I become overly dependent on a partner.

• Love
Reactions: helpmehelpme
a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Imo a very stupid "diagnosis". We are all dependent as human beings. What do you mean exactly? How does it manifest in your life, would you mind sharing an example or two?

helpmehelpme

helpmehelpme

self and collective help
Jan 25, 2020
For now, I'll reply with a link about it:

And short description:

"Dependent personality disorder (DPD) is an anxious personality disorder characterized by an inability to be alone. People with DPD develop symptoms of anxiety when they're not around others. They rely on other people for comfort, reassurance, advice, and support."

May folllow up later with manifestations, meaning to me, what it might mean to overcome. Short response may be we are all dependent to a degree. Some of us are dependent to a degree that becomes clinical and life-threatening.

Me

Last edited:
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
Try to avoid going too far in the other direction. It's tough not being able to rely on other people.

• Love
Reactions: azucaramargo
helpmehelpme

helpmehelpme

self and collective help
Jan 25, 2020
So I realize I perpetuated this with my ex, and that it was a good thing it ended -- that I did and said exactly what was intended

Took me a while, and a lot of unnecessary pain

There is something to being addicted to pain

I have decided to end that addiction and go beyond this syndrome I brought up in connection with myself

Amen, me

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Try to avoid going too far in the other direction. It's tough not being able to rely on other people.
I went so far the other way I got almost rage induced when people tried to help or it was suggested people try to help.

Reactions: ghostspace
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
I went so far the other way I got almost rage induced when people tried to help or it was suggested people try to help.
Sounds like me. I couldn't (and still to a degree) handle help or love from others. I was raised to expect a cost.

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace