• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I did a thing today and I have feelings about it.

I deleted Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and hibernated my LinkedIn account (I'm a little afraid of losing that one for good lol but I don't post there much anyway).

Facebook was the big one for me. I have 1.2k friends there and there are a lot of people I used to talk with over Messenger with that I don't have phone numbers for which is why I was always afraid to leave. I realized today I have no one left there anymore that I care to stay in touch with and who cares to stay in touch with me apparently (before I left I was waiting on 3 people who were formerly really close to me to reply to me after I messaged them after my attempt 2 weeks ago), so I decided to leave. Like, delete, not just deactivate, which I've done before. I have 30 days to change my mind, and maybe I will, but we'll see.

I feel a little weird because I assumed that the way my old friends and acquaintances would find out about my ctb is that I'd get tagged in some posts on there or something after the fact, but now I feel like a bunch of people just aren't going to know, which, it's probably bold of me to assume that they'd care (although, idk, I care when old friends/acquaintances die but maybe that's just me), but still. It's a wildly different experience just disappearing off the face of the earth. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's probably good for me and maybe what I deserve.

Dark Window

Dark Window

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
I did a thing today and I have feelings about it.

I deleted Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and hibernated my LinkedIn account (I'm a little afraid of losing that one for good lol but I don't post there much anyway).

Facebook was the big one for me. I have 1.2k friends there and there are a lot of people I used to talk with over Messenger with that I don't have phone numbers for which is why I was always afraid to leave. I realized today I have no one left there anymore that I care to stay in touch with and who cares to stay in touch with me apparently (before I left I was waiting on 3 people who were formerly really close to me to reply to me after I messaged them after my attempt 2 weeks ago), so I decided to leave. Like, delete, not just deactivate, which I've done before. I have 30 days to change my mind, and maybe I will, but we'll see.

I feel a little weird because I assumed that the way my old friends and acquaintances would find out about my ctb is that I'd get tagged in some posts on there or something after the fact, but now I feel like a bunch of people just aren't going to know, which, it's probably bold of me to assume that they'd care (although, idk, I care when old friends/acquaintances die but maybe that's just me), but still. It's a wildly different experience just disappearing off the face of the earth. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but it's probably good for me and maybe what I deserve.
Part of me thinks you want people to know about your suicide. That's fine.

Just write a suicide note and send a time release email.

But remember when you're dead you wont care. Just like you don't care in your sleep.

Reactions: iloverachel
E

Esokabat

Apr 22, 2024
I am gradually doing this too. I deleted LinkedIn. I will be soon deleting Facebook.
My reason is that I do NOT want all my friends, co-workers etc finding out about my CTB and I don't want people posting and tagging about my CTB. I already removed almost all my friends, locked my profile. I haven't yet removed family and co-workers. Instead I will just close the account and keep messenger as family sometimes messages me there. You can delete your Facebook account and keep Messenger

A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
I am gradually doing this too. I deleted LinkedIn. I will be soon deleting Facebook.
My reason is that I do NOT want all my friends, co-workers etc finding out about my CTB and I don't want people posting and tagging about my CTB. I already removed almost all my friends, locked my profile. I haven't yet removed family and co-workers. Instead I will just close the account and keep messenger as family sometimes messages mee there. You can delete your Facebook account and keep Messenger
I did the same for the same reasons. No one knows what happened to me and I'd like to keep it that way. The people that find out I killed myself are going to be pretty shocked. But I have no choice unfortunately.

Reactions: Esokabat
E

Esokabat

Apr 22, 2024
I did the same for the same reasons. No one knows what happened to me and I'd like to keep it that way. The people that find out I killed myself are going to be pretty shocked. But I have no choice unfortunately.
Same here. People will be completely shocked. They will not be able to imagine, it will come completely out of the blue. I will communicate it to my manager at work in a delayed email that is delayed by 7 days (in case I end up in the hospital or something) but I will ask to only share the information on a need to know basis and tell everyone else I was in an accident (or that I quit). The less people know, the better in my opinion. I need to let my manager (and he will tell HR) due to some work benefit stuff for my family.

Reactions: Aprilfarewell4