Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I don't know. As I wrote in a post here to you yesterday, soda lime is supposed to specifically prevent CO2 retention in anesthesia, legit rebreathers, SCUBA diving, etc.

Edit: In thinking about it, the distress felt nothing like asthma. My lungs were actually expanding more, not being limited and tight feeling.

The soda lime can only eliminate co2 that's being exhaled, though. I'm afraid the co2 stuck in my lungs would prevent me from taking in what the rebreather has to offer (which is increasingly anoxic and hypocapnic nitrogen, right?)

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
The soda lime can only eliminate co2 that's being exhaled, though. I'm afraid the co2 stuck in my lungs would prevent me from taking in what the rebreather has to offer (which is increasingly anoxic and hypocapnic nitrogen, right?)

Going by that logic, and this is only logic because I don't have medical training, anaesthesia wouldn't work either.

Of course, oxygen is added in that instance, just as it is in SCUBA and rebreathers for high altitudes. But still, with the nitrogen and hypoxic response, the body doesn't detect the difference between nitrogen and oxygen and so there's no feeling of suffocation.

Reactions: Soul
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
I don't know, @GoodPersonEffed, and I'd better stop speculating.

N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
Is anybody elses debreather stuck somewhere? mine is stuck ina chinese sorting Center since a month now… i thought it would have reached me Long ago by now… according to a shipment Company it might still take months… Maybe 2 months till it reaches me :-((( i cant wait any longer and also i ask myself if it is really worth it to keep on waiting? It doenst seem to be too reliable or Maybe it is? Also there will be the newer Version in August..
R. said that the current Version would work as well as Long as i make sure that it is airtight…. i am really desperate and hope it will reach me soon, so i can have a look at it... i wouldnt know what else to do except Jumping off some cliff …..

• Aww..
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
It doenst seem to be too reliable or Maybe it is? Also there will be the newer Version in August..
R. said that the current Version would work as well as Long as i make sure that it is airtight…. i am really desperate and hope it will reach me soon, so i can have a look at it... i wouldnt know what else to do except Jumping off some cliff …..
Getting it air tight and staying that way seems to be a big challenge and if you do, it sounds like it's very distressing and not the peaceful hypoxia exit they claim.
Is it possible you could share what R. told you?

Reactions: GoodPersonEffed and Ἡγησίας
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
He said " Honestly, if you inspect the device with care to see that there are no leaks, and if you practice donning the mask and adjusting the fit to also make sure it is airtight, the original RB will perform in exactly the same way as the new one"

On the one hand this gives me hope, on the other hand im still quite fearful and sceptical... it just sounds so easy... but everything that Deals with taking your breath cant be that pleasant, right?

Reactions: Overnoutofhere
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
On the one hand this gives me hope, on the other hand im still quite fearful and sceptical... it just sounds so easy... but everything that Deals with taking your breath cant be that pleasant, right?
No. It's supposed to be like CO and pass out without feeling distress.

Reactions: nirvana
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
He said " Honestly, if you inspect the device with care to see that there are no leaks, and if you practice donning the mask and adjusting the fit to also make sure it is airtight, the original RB will perform in exactly the same way as the new one"

It's supposed to replace your breath, not take it. Replace oxygen with nitrogen and cause hypoxia, which can be pleasant. When I tried the rebreather, it was unpleasant, it didn't work like it was supposed to, and it wasn't just a problem of leaks. Please see posts on this thread over the past week by me and @enjolras, who shared what Exit has reported.

Thank you for sharing Richard's response, it doesn't sound like the new rebreather is going to work any better and actually create hypoxia.

Reactions: Overnoutofhere, whitefeather, Yomyom and 1 other person
D

Darksektori

Experienced
Jun 8, 2020
So the DeBreather is latest thing out of Exit, sounds too good too be true.
Yes I have read the other posts on here.
The web site seems sketchy, clicked on the purchase button and it said to come back in February, they are working on things.
BE curios to hear if any one actually purchases one of these things. If the site is legit, better be first in line to purchase before it gets shut down.

PLEASE POST IF YOU ACTUALLY BUY A DeBreather ----- PLEASE POST !!!!
or
Please post if you tried to purchase from the site and share what happened!!!
thanks
Excuse my ignorance but what exactly is this device? And how its supposed to work?

Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
I would be interested if they (R2D) would open to an upgraded mask, I will pay extra. I have the device but after reading the pitfalls of the cheap mask I have become very concerned. I don't feel confident it will perform as needed. I am a scuba diver so I know how to seal a mask, maybe it will be okay. I know when my time comes, I don't want any chance of screwing up! I am sure we all feel that way.

Reactions: Wrennie, Deleted member 1768 and GoodPersonEffed
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I would be interested if they (R2D) would open to an upgraded mask, I will pay extra. I have the device but after reading the pitfalls of the cheap mask I have become very concerned. I don't feel confident it will perform as needed. I am a scuba diver so I know how to seal a mask, maybe it will be okay. I know when my time comes, I don't want any chance of screwing up! I am sure we all feel that way.
It's a lot more than just the mask imo as GPE felt it was unbearable once the mask was secured with forearm. And other users found it distressing. It seems if the mask is secure, it's not peaceful

Reactions: Overnoutofhere and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020

According to PN, you can use a different mask. But I caution that it has to be able to connect to the tube. I don't have anything with which to measure the diameter of the tube, but if you email Richard I would think he'd be able to tell you. I'd imagine if the tube is a little too small for the mask's fitting that it can be attached and sealed with duct tape.

The mask is nothing even remotely like a SCUBA mask, it's inflated where it touches the face, it doesn't suck to the face. The only way I can think of to keep it sealed is using denture adhesive and then taping down tightly with duct tape.

But as @Living sucks referred to, after breathing with the device for a couple of minutes while manually maintaining the seal, I experienced incrementally increasing discomfort and had to abort. It was not at all a hypoxic/anoxic response. According to the screenshot of the PPH shared by @enjolras, others have also experienced breathing difficulty.

As @nirvana shared in post 1087, the improved version does not address this issue, but I would recommend confirming that with Richard.

I have not personally emailed Richard and have no desire to have any contact with him, I prefer to maintain my anonymity and privacy, but anyone is welcome to send him links to my posts detailing my experience since this is a public forum.

Reactions: Overnoutofhere
Overnoutofhere

Overnoutofhere

Mar 30, 2020
According to PN, you can use a different mask. But I caution that it has to be able to connect to the tube. I don't have anything with which to measure the diameter of the tube, but if you email Richard I would think he'd be able to tell you. I'd imagine if the tube is a little too small for the mask's fitting that it can be attached and sealed with duct tape.

The mask is nothing even remotely like a SCUBA mask, it's inflated where it touches the face, it doesn't suck to the face. The only way I can think of to keep it sealed is using denture adhesive and then taping down tightly with duct tape.

But as @Living sucks referred to, after breathing with the device for a couple of minutes while manually maintaining the seal, I experienced incrementally increasing discomfort and had to abort. It was not at all a hypoxic/anoxic response. According to the screenshot of the PPH shared by @enjolras, others have also experienced breathing difficulty.

As [

I have not personally emailed Richard and have no desire to have any contact with him, I prefer to maintain my anonymity and privacy, but anyone is welcome to send him links to my posts detailing my experience since this is a public forum.
have not personally emailed Richard and have no desire to have any contact with him, I prefer to maintain my anonymity and privacy, but anyone is welcome to send him links to my posts detailing my experience since this is a public forum.
I bet he has people on our Forum. This made even more depressed, this method is not reliable. Back to SN and die like a smurf.

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I'm going to post everything sometime in the next 7-10 days including pictures. Everything is much easier to get than you might currently imagine.

Hey, it's been almost a month! I saw you posted on another thread yesterday that you've tested it and it's ready to go. I hope you'll consider sharing the plans very, very soon. Not tryna push, but yeah, I admit I am.

Oh look! A hug! ------> :hug:

Aaaaand...a heart! ------> :heart:

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul and Deleted member 1768
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
Are there any other people willing to share their experiences with this product with me and others? I was trying to talk to somebody else but unfortuantely that person is not willing to share things with me. Even though that person apparently has lots more of precious info! ( which is unfair towards the whole group i guess).

Im just trying to collect as many infos as possible to be prepared in case i would
use it although i dont even have it yet.
:-(
And also still trying to find out all pros and cons for everybody who is interested as well.

Reactions: Overnoutofhere and AnxietyAttack44
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Are there any other people willing to share their experiences with this product with me and others? I was trying to talk to somebody else but unfortuantely that person is not willing to share things with me. Even though that person apparently has lots more of precious info! ( which is unfair towards the whole group i guess).

Im just trying to collect as many infos as possible to be prepared in case i would
use it although i dont even have it yet.
:-(
And also still trying to find out all pros and cons for everybody who is interested as well.

When you approached me via PM, you requested personal information that is unrelated to my thoroughly and publicly reported experience of the product.

However, I told you that I respected and even valued you asking what you did and why, and said that I would be downright happy to answer your questions if you brought them to this thread, where I would answer publicly.

You declined.

Your reason for not asking the question publicly was also personal and I respected your choice to keep it private and to not disclose. Your sharing the story that motivated you to approach me would greatly benefit the community, it is far more precious, and my response to it would only enhance that, and you choose not to. Is your desire to protect something personal for you unfair to the whole group as well?

I choose to honor your no, and never disclose the story on this thread or in a PM. In return, please show me the mutual respect of likewise accepting my no, and not trying to stealth shame me on this thread.

I said no, you said no, please leave it at that.

Next step is mod involvement if this harassment doesn't cease immediately.

If you would like to delete your comment that I quoted, I will be glad to delete mine as well and move on from this. I wish you no ill. However, on second thought, you've actually already written one comment like this today, and deleted when I wrote a similar response. Now you've posted again and upped the shaming rhetoric. The level of harassment has been met. What do you think I should do?

Would "the whole group" care to chime in about this, since @nirvana is trying to bring you into it and start a battle on an extremely valuable thread that could end up getting locked because of it?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Soul and Yomyom
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
In which way is that harassment? What i have to share is nothing special at all and you know that. You are making a big mysterium about what you have to share though and probably it is nothing as well.
It is just not nice at all to almost force me to post just to find out what it is that you are hiding. I am totally tired of this. If you cant contribute i will accept it. It would be beneficial for all of us but that is human nature nowadays i guess.
And now you are threating me again by threatening to report me?? You have done though in your first answer to me even though i just asked you a polite question. I wish you no ill as well but you should distinguish between personal trust issues and a greater purpose

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
And now you are threating me again by threatening to report me?? You have done though in your first answer to me even though i just asked you a polite question

In my third reply to you repeating my boundaries and what I was willing to do, that is, to have a public conversation and not private, I told you that if you continued to message me about it I would no longer respond, and if you persisted, I would put you on ignore. No threats of reporting were made in that conversation.

Have a good evening.

Reactions: Yomyom
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
To be honest i already got my answers i guess.. i dont think there is anything that really helps anybody here in a productive way or why else make such a thing about it.
I wont spend further time in investigating in it. I hope im not wrong though. Also i never mentioned that i was referring to you but that just shows that you take it all personally. I could also refer to a totally different person.

Anyway after all we are all kind of in the same boat. So best wishes

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
In which way is that harassment? What i have to share is nothing special at all and you know that. You are making a big mysterium about what you have to share though and probably it is nothing as well.
It is just not nice at all to almost force me to post just to find out what it is that you are hiding. I am totally tired of this. If you cant contribute i will accept it. It would be beneficial for all of us but that is human nature nowadays i guess.
And now you are threating me again by threatening to report me?? You have done though in your first answer to me even though i just asked you a polite question. I wish you no ill as well but you should distinguish between personal trust issues and a greater purpose
If what you have to share is nothing special or private, why don't you post your questions here? You mentioned you want to benefit all of us and it seems you have questions the rest of us haven't thought of. So please benefit the rest of us.

IMO we're dealing with a bullshit non working device that needs a major redesign . And if I purchased one, I'd be sending it back for a refund. But that's me

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I will only share one quote and the rest you can ask the other person who posted here!!
Im tired of people attacking me here!!
Possible explanation why it didnt work:

There is also some concern as to whether he may be more sensitive to CO2 than normal individuals. There are other possibilities, but we have already had him troubleshoot the most likely hardware issues, and so far there's no obvious explanation for his bad experience

Please be so kind as to clarify for all: Who are you quoting? How did it come about that you are certain this person you're quoting is talking about me?

I already know the answers, but I said I would not reveal anything from your PM and am honoring that.

Edit: Would you also be willing to share the two sentences in the quote prior to what you shared? They give the full picture and are relevant to my pending response.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yomyom
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
I have not even mentioned that this person is talking about you ? Where did i write that? You said to me that you will reveal certain things if i reveal what i know. So i just did and now you are attacking me again.
Is this the standard here? People are sticking together and i know that there are some who attack others but i am not going to say more. Enjoy your discussion here. i am out. You will never reveal what you know and it looks like we gotta accept it. Bye then

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I will only share one quote and the rest you can ask the other person who posted here!!
Im tired of people attacking me here!!
Possible explanation why it didnt work:

There is also some concern as to whether he may be more sensitive to CO2 than normal individuals. There are other possibilities, but we have already had him troubleshoot the most likely hardware issues, and so far there's no obvious explanation for his bad experience
I'm not attacking you. I don't think you're being attacked by anyone. Your initial post shamed someone for not corresponding with you in pm.. that's their choice and right.
you stated we can all benefit from the knowledge but wouldn't post your questions publicly? We can't help if you can't help. What you posted is already in discussion without resolve.

and you're blaming us for not knowing what you know and can't answer your questions that we do not know?

if you're trying to avoid exit from figuring out who you are and banning you, then that is a concern for you. But that's not our fault.

does anyone else feel like this could be an alt for lmroch?

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I have not even mentioned that this person is talking about you ? Where did i write that? You said to me that you will reveal certain things if i reveal what i know. So i just did and now you are attacking me again.

Well, you said this:

There are other possibilities, but we have already had him troubleshoot the most likely hardware issues, and so far there's no obvious explanation for his bad experience.

Who was saying this? And if it's not about me, then why did you PM me?

Why are you complaining that I (or anyone, since you say it may not be me) is refusing to reveal "precious" information when you won't make it clear your reasons for asking for it?

So, who are you quoting, and why do you believe they are referring to me? It is because of these things that I'm willing to respond. And it will be of value to the community only if you give the whole picture. Including the two sentences of the quote prior to what you did quote, as they are very relevant.

Edit: To other members, I'm trying very hard here to not reveal info from the PM. The OP knows what I am referring to. If you're confused, please note that I'm not the one who keeps writing vague posts. I didn't cause this, but am doing my best to stay in integrity: not reveal what's in the PM, and not be willing to be provoked and manipulated into sharing information unless it's made clear why I'm being asked to. The OP keeps making the focus about me, and not the actual concerns s/he has that prompted him/her to approach me for clarification. Those concerns are the issue, and I'd loooooooove to address them, but I can't without the OP telling the whole story. Again, I'm acting in integrity. I'm holding my ground.

Last edited:
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
You cant adress them without me telling the whole story? I dont even know what story it is that you would loooooove to share!
If i wouldnt have contacted you nobody here would have known in the first place that you have a story to share.
This is too much for me. I cant be involved in something that i personally know nothing about. share what you have to share or dont.
Best wishes.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
If i wouldnt have contacted you nobody here would have known in the first place that you have a story to share.

They wouldn't have known I had a story if you hadn't posted here.

And my story only exists because of what prompted you to contact me.

But you keep reframing it as me withholding precious information from the community, having trust issues, etc.

I have responded to each of your posts calmly, rationally, and clearly. However, you perceive my personal boundaries and rational responses as attacks.

What I have to share is only relevant to the community if you share what prompted to you approach me. I am respecting your boundaries by not revealing what you wrote in PM, only you can decide whether or not to share it. It is a sign of my ethics and integrity that I don't reveal it in spite of your repeated attacks. Your PM is not my defense, my integrity is.

I've clearly laid out on this thread and, previously, in my first PM response, what I require in order to give you the answers you want. Until that's met, I have nothing to share. I'll lay it out one final time:

1. What happened that prompted you to approach me and ask me for information that would give you clarification? Why is it about me in particular? This is the foundational issue. If that had not happened, and if it had not been related to me, you would not have sought clarification from me.

2. Who did you quote in the two sentences you already shared in this thread?

3. What were the first two sentences of that quote?

4. If you provide these responses on this thread, then I will respond on this thread. Otherwise, it's an invasion into my personal life, and I have no obligation to satisfy your questions or soothe any discomfort you may feel, because I didn't cause it. (If other members are uncomfortable, I bear no responsibility for that. I didn't introduce the discussion or reframe issues to prompt them to view me with suspicion of withholding, or as selfish.)

5. If you are unwilling to meet these requirements, I have no reason to continue to engage with you in PM or on the thread.

Sincere best wishes to you as well.

Last edited:
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I have a question for anyone who currently has a debreather in their possession.

would you still attempt to use this method after the pph info release about the handful of attempts and the info from the 2 users here?

Reactions: AnxietyAttack44
N

nirvana

Mar 14, 2019
i contacted you since you said it didnt work for you.
So i asked R. About it and he said he heard about a case where it didnt work and is trying to figure out the reason. He said he is working with that person or at least trying to. thats why i contacted you to confirm if you wete in personal touch with R cause in another post you said you werent! Which got me confused cause why wouldnt you tell the truth?
I have no idea if he was referring to you or anybody else. He suggested it might be necessary to replace the soda lime to make sure its not the source of he poblem.
Now it is your turn i guess. Thanks for sharing with us whatever it is that you would love to share
Best wishes

Last edited: