• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

FruityFairy

FruityFairy

Oct 7, 2023
It's been a few months now that I have intrusive thoughts and urges to jam a fork into an electric socket. At first the idea of the pain kept me from trying this method but I since have failed attempts using more reliable methods and I feel so pathetic about it. I need a way to end my life where I don't have the option to give up and stop half way through. I'm also terrified of failing and winding up physically disabled as a result. I feel so hopeless about the future and I hate to be stuck on this earth. There are no humain ways to die easily accessible to anyone and that's so fucking cruel. I think if I were to go through with electrocuting myself I could bear the pain but I would need to be sure I will finally succeed. Any piece of advice is welcome.

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
It's very difficult to electocute yourself with mains electricity. In most cases, the circuit will trip and even if you take a shock, it's far from guaranteed to cause death.

Reactions: FruityFairy and KillMeh
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This isn't a good idea, There was a similar thread (about 12V car battery) recently. This is a slow and painful death, if death occurs at all. If you want to know more about this method you can read about executions on the electric chair.

I don't recommend this method at all.

You can read about way better methods in the Suicide Resource Compilation.

Reactions: myusername890 and FruityFairy
avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
There are plenty of recorded deaths of people who made a DIY Lichtenberg Machine (DLM) from the transformer of a microwave. There's an unverified statistic that 7 out of 10 people who accidentally electrocuted themselves using the DLM died. The other 3 out of 10 people who survived usually did so because of a person nearby who saved them: turning off the power; doing CPR; or calling emergency services. But those people aren't left unscathed, they usually have very bad injuries to their hands (skin that touched the DLM probes) and permanent injury to their hearts.

Death by electrocution is said to be very painful while you're still conscious though. Your muscles are contracting uncontrollably and will eventually burn. I suggest you look at different methods.

Note: I never really looked into DLM's so definitely do your research first.

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalShore
FruityFairy

FruityFairy

Oct 7, 2023
There are plenty of recorded deaths of people who made a DIY Lichtenberg Machine (DLM) from the transformer of a microwave. There's an unverified statistic that 7 out of 10 people who accidentally electrocuted themselves using the DLM died. The other 3 out of 10 people who survived usually did so because of a person nearby who saved them: turning off the power; doing CPR; or calling emergency services. But those people aren't left unscathed, they usually have very bad injuries to their hands (skin that touched the DLM probes) and permanent injury to their hearts.

Death by electrocution is said to be very painful while you're still conscious though. Your muscles are contracting uncontrollably and will eventually burn. I suggest you look at different methods.

Note: I never really looked into DLM's so definitely do your research first.
Thanks! Obviously I can tell there are better methods but my brain keeps urging me to do this so I figured I'd ask for advice here. I'll do more research on the subject as I don't rly have access to better more gentle ways to go but ultimately I hope I find something and settle on a more reliable and less painful option

• Hugs
S

soleil

Apr 28, 2023
I've accidentally gotten shocked messing with a broken socket. It was close to a weak taser gun, I doubt it would do anything or much to you.

I also know of someone that was working on power lines and was electrocuted and survived. It went from his hand, down his leg and barely missed his junk.. he just has a messed up hand and completely fine.

Not reliable at all!

Last edited:
Reactions: FruityFairy
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I've grabbed an electric fence once or twice as a bored kid. I didn't find it enjoyable.

At all.

I would imagine being electrocuted by voltage strong enough to kill you is going to be an extremely painful death.

EternalShore

EternalShore

Hardworking Lass who Dreams of Love~ 💕✨
Jun 9, 2023
Thanks! Obviously I can tell there are better methods but my brain keeps urging me to do this so I figured I'd ask for advice here. I'll do more research on the subject as I don't rly have access to better more gentle ways to go but ultimately I hope I find something and settle on a more reliable and less painful option
yeahhhh, I was originally planning to do microwave method too, but it requires so many supplies! >_< You'll additionally need jumper cables and to prevent yourself from missing fingers should you survive it, the suction cups you would get from electric shock therapy~ :)
If you survive, you'll be in very much pain and burned all over, and I don't like the feeling of that at all! :( It's better than being a vegetable, but the side effects of surviving appear to be more favorable with a higher success rate too (83% vs. 70% in recorded cases)~ That's why I'm probably just going to do SN or N instead~ hehe~

EDIT: avoid gets it mostly right (I didn't even know about the heart injuries! xD but I'm pretty sure people survive because it just didn't work, not because people saved them~)

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: AllFoxedOut
FruityFairy

FruityFairy

Oct 7, 2023
yeahhhh, I was originally planning to do microwave method too, but it requires so many supplies! >_< You'll additionally need jumper cables and to prevent yourself from missing fingers should you survive it, the suction cups you would get from electric shock therapy~ :)
If you survive, you'll be in very much pain and burned all over, and I don't like the feeling of that at all! :( It's better than being a vegetable, but the side effects of surviving appear to be more favorable with a higher success rate too (83% vs. 70% in recorded cases)~ That's why I'm probably just going to do SN or N instead~ hehe~

EDIT: avoid gets it mostly right (I didn't even know about the heart injuries! xD but I'm pretty sure people survive because it just didn't work, not because people saved them~)
yikes yeah that sounds like a lot of planning ahead /: I know of one person who died from electrocution I guess that's why it's so tempting to me but his death was accidental. Lots of people talk about SN here but it seems really difficult to gather all the supplies necessary for this method too. At this point I think I should just go back to daydreaming about owning a gun lol
I've accidentally gotten shocked messing with a broken socket. It was close to a weak taser gun, I doubt it would do anything or much to you.

I also know of someone that was working on power lines and was electrocuted and survived. It went from his hand, down his leg and barely missed his junk.. he just has a messed up hand and completely fine.

Not reliable at all!
Hand injuries (especially paralysis) is what I fear most. According to everyone's replies this method sounds less and less reliable and I definitely wouldn't risk doing it "just to see what happens"

• Hugs
AshClouds

AshClouds

In time I started growing inward.
Apr 10, 2023
It's very difficult to electocute yourself with mains electricity. In most cases, the circuit will trip and even if you take a shock, it's far from guaranteed to cause death.
Unless if you touch a transformer.

Also electrocuting yourself is very very painful. I've been electrocuted before. I got this odd sensation of something crawling up my arm before I felt any pain. It was not pleasant at all.

FruityFairy

FruityFairy

Oct 7, 2023
I've grabbed an electric fence once or twice as a bored kid. I didn't find it enjoyable.

At all.

I would imagine being electrocuted by voltage strong enough to kill you is going to be an extremely painful death.
The pain is definitely a scary factor but I would still be wiling to put myself through it if it meant I was definitely not going to survive. According to people's answers this method is quite unreliable tho so I'm definitely finding it less appealing now

avoid

avoid

⦿ ⦿
Jul 31, 2023
I've met a person who accidentally touched some electronic components in an electrical box that regulated the high voltage cable for trains. He lost both his lower arms and had two prosthetic arms with double-hook squeezers at the end. So I guess he belongs to the 30% (assuming the figure is correct).

This post has no point.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It's been a few months now that I have intrusive thoughts and urges to jam a fork into an electric socket. At first the idea of the pain kept me from trying this method but I since have failed attempts using more reliable methods and I feel so pathetic about it. I need a way to end my life where I don't have the option to give up and stop half way through. I'm also terrified of failing and winding up physically disabled as a result. I feel so hopeless about the future and I hate to be stuck on this earth. There are no humain ways to die easily accessible to anyone and that's so fucking cruel. I think if I were to go through with electrocuting myself I could bear the pain but I would need to be sure I will finally succeed. Any piece of advice is welcome.
Sounds painful, otherwise why did they execute Ted Bundy with the electric chair?