• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
1 minute I'm euphoric. Next minute suicidal. When I get triggered I get sent over the edge. Typically I can manage throughout the day but I'm trying therapy and it triggers me and I become very suicidal

I can experience something similar, especially during depressive epidoses. As has been suggested in a related thread, there are some similarities with bipolar rapid cycling. Rapid cycling is unfortunately difficult to treat, but it might be worth reading up on it anyway, because you might find some useful tips.

azucaramargo

azucaramargo

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2018
I have borderline personality disorder. Does anyone else have it? How do you manage it? I'm seeming to be losing hope. Anything would help.
What about meds? I've got this, too, and it is difficult to manage, but not impossible. I applaud you for doing therapy.

BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I take SSRI's and antipsychotics for my BPD, as well as sleeping medication. DBT and CBT are supposedly the best treatment as medication alone won't fix it. Meds can only do so much, but if you want to know what I'm on and what I've tried drop me a message.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I am 56, and just diagnosed with BPD 11 months ago.
I did find some good information and self care tips on this website:
https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/borderline-personality-disorder-bpd/
Damn it's hard figuring this out at around late 30's or so and I can't imagine finding out at 56. It was hard enuf to figure out on my own through YouTube. I have the more hidden version when it comes to outward appearances but it's just as debilitating. I feel like my life has been stolen by it. I felt very angry that nobody diagnosed it early when I was exhibiting problems. I did talk about my childhood when I attempted to seek help when I recognized that something was wrong with me.

Unfortunately the mental health system is very bad in the US if u are not rich especially, shit even rich people lose loved ones to the crappy mental health system. They are quick to medicate u but never actually investigate and make sure u are getting the right help before you end up incarcerated or homeless down the road. You know it's bad when qualified people miss a common mental health disorder. I'm sorry this is so common I've known so many people with it. Probably since we gravitate towards peope with similar issues and don't fit it in with the normals. Maybe that's why it feels common.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
T42

T42

Dec 27, 2019
Meeeee I do! I take Wellbutrin and have tried CBT, DBT, and EMDR, but I'm not in therapy currently. I'm still a wreck haha. Right now I just listen to a lot of Buddhist podcasts and do yoga for at least 15 minutes each day to practice mindfulness.

mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I've been diagnosed with BPD, bipolar, schizoaffective but I think the BPD was a misdiagnosis because I don't get the BPD style mood swings that happen one minute to the next. I take Prozac, Lithium, rexulti, Seroquel and I'm utterly miserable. I'm not manic or psychotic so I guess meds sort of work.

• Hugs
mathieu

mathieu

Enlightened
Jun 5, 2019
I hope so. You don't get manic episodes or psychoses If you have bipolar disorder II, though.
I tend towards hypomania rather than full blown mania but I get psychotic so probably schizoaffective was the correct dx. It did used to be BPII, though

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I tend towards hypomania rather than full blown mania but I get psychotic so probably schizoaffective was the correct dx. It did used to be BPII, though

I see. Schizoaffective disorder is very often misdiagnosed as bipolar disorder, and sometimes it's the other way around too. There are moments when I think it's all just one big spectrum. I hope they will find the right diagnosis for you so that they can customize your treatment to fit your needs. Good luck, mathieu.

sai96

sai96

Dec 29, 2019
Hey dear, I have BPD too. Journaling is what helps me - I get to analyze my thoughts and feelings and calm down for a moment =) Would recommend it!

memataporfavor

memataporfavor

( つ・o・)つ still ill ╮|。>ー<。|╭
Apr 6, 2019
I have borderline personality disorder. Does anyone else have it? How do you manage it? I'm seeming to be losing hope. Anything would help.
hey
I have bpd too
I take a shitton of meds and been going to therapy every week for 4 years now
My mood swings are much better than when I started...
I'm not a pool of joy but it's worth trying therapy
even if it does not seem to work now, in the future you'll suddenly notice how much progress you've made
even if you're totally hopeless, just do it like you do everything else, you know? give it a try