• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

FreeMe

FreeMe

Feb 18, 2021
I've been going through my most recent "episode" for the past 2 months and have been yo-yoing back and forth between recovery and ctb. Somehow, I found myself seeking treatment while researching ctb methods. This week, my SN has arrived and I found out I was accepted into a DBT group program. I've participated in many types of therapy before, but practice, maintenance, and self help seem to be my downfall.

Does anyone have experience with DBT therapy? Care to share you experiences?

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
I took DBT for 6 weeks, it can be effective for some. I took it as group therapy- I don't know what to say about it, do you have specific questions?

• Love
Reactions: FreeMe
FreeMe

FreeMe

Feb 18, 2021
I took DBT for 6 weeks, it can be effective for some. I took it as group therapy- I don't know what to say about it, do you have specific questions?
Hmm my main questions would be around how it's specifically more helpful for BPD than other therapies. BPD is notorious for impatience and giving up if there's no quick result/relief. Does DBT group therapy address that?

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Hmm my main questions would be around how it's specifically more helpful for BPD than other therapies. BPD is notorious for impatience and giving up if there's no quick result/relief. Does DBT group therapy address that?
They had us attending 3 days a week, would give us "homework" to ensure we were actually practicing the skills and would set goals weekly to help build good habits and mastery skills.

We learned distress tolerance skills, mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness skills, CBT.

FreeMe

FreeMe

Feb 18, 2021
They had us attending 3 days a week, would give us "homework" to ensure we were actually practicing the skills and would set goals weekly to help build good habits and mastery skills.

We learned distress tolerance skills, mindfulness, interpersonal effectiveness skills, CBT.
Thanks for sharing your experience with me @UnaccompaniedJourney ! How did you feel and function after the program compared to before starting it?
Cock Ball Torture can help to divert pain and improve focus, yes.
This sounds very interesting and worth researching into :)

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens
NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience with me @UnaccompaniedJourney ! How did you feel and function after the program compared to before starting it?

It will vary person to person, but I did feel somewhat better. I had a traumatic events transpire before I finished therapy, so I am mildly biased. But I found aspects of DBT more effective than others.

No problem. :)

• Love
Reactions: FreeMe
Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
@Marquis
@RainAndSadness
@Meretlein

Please do something about Nicole13th...

I haven't been on all day and I come back on... reading a bunch of comments from them like this.

• Hmph!
Reactions: Nicothe13th