• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
@L0ne1ygh0st, what a horrifying experience. What screen name was this person using?
Yes can you share that

Reactions: autumnal and your pathologist
Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I'm so incredibly happy that you're safe :heart: I don't see why you would get banned for sharing something as important as this. Members need to know about this so that we can all be careful -- our pain will not be taken advantage of. This is supposed to be a safe haven for those of us who have endured pain and want to end it all -- and this is one of the outcomes. To hear this, actually blows my mind because this isn't something I would have ever expected.

You didn't deserve that whatsoever. The fact that you want to take your own life just goes to show the amount of pain that you've faced. Then there's someone who takes complete advantage of your suffering. I'm so SO happy that you're daughter is safe.

We stand for pro-choice and this goes against what we stand for. The outside society is already peering in and making all of these unnecessary assumptions about this community in the first place -- now this. Just by one members actions, I can guarantee that this will enhance the "murderous" image that we already have. Thank you so much for sharing and I'm sending big hugs your way :hug:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, puppy9, Meowkin and 1 other person
your pathologist

your pathologist

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Sep 5, 2018
Thank you for sharing your story
This woulda been tragic. I'm sorry for your suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Meowkin and CyanideSoup
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
@L0ne1ygh0st was this a recent occurrence?
Yes but they said it was traced through the forum.
is this all recent? Like were you just about to take a bus to this creep recently and the police are now investigating?

deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
Yes but they said it was traced through the forum.

If they told you the truth, I don't know how it could have been done without the site collaborating and I don't know what to think about it. In your case, it was to help get evidence against a horrible person that deserves to be in jail but in the future it may be something else. What if they want to identify users and force them into a psych hold? And the laws are highly controversial when it comes to suicide, what if some jurisdiction considers the mere participation in the forum as assisting suicide and the police wants to arrest random users? This kind of thing makes me feel really worried.

Do you feel like your privacy was invaded?

Reactions: Disappointered, puppy9, Brink and 1 other person
L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Never trust anyone, there are many members and many can be trolls, scammers or abusers. I'm glad you are safe. Hope you are alright now.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, puppy9 and your pathologist
Deleted member 10475

Deleted member 10475

Tired.
Sep 11, 2019
I asked the police officer how they found me and he said that they found the messages between the two of us after his arrest and traced my IP address. That's all i was told.

@demonanon

Wtfffff, he was just constantly scoping out people on their profiles. Goading them into raising their post count so he could PM them.

Hopefully this sicko gets charged. I'm so sorry you had to go through this, OP. I've been through some traumatic stuff too with weirdos like this, so I relate in some way and I'm here if you ever need to vent.

I'm sure others are too, there's still a lot of genuine and supportive people on here.

Reactions: puppy9, autumnal, Meowkin and 2 others
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
Forgive me if I didn't understand, but I see he wasn't connected from 2019
Am I wrong?
View attachment 35232
This happened in December, police came to me in February, I made my statement in March and I'm still dealing with the trauma now. I've only just come to terms with it and felt that sharing my experience would help atleast one person atleast keep their guard up.

I felt completely like my privacy was invaded. I understand why they did but what I liked about the site was my anonymity and ability to talk openly about my struggles. Now I knew that all my posts have my name all over them in some police record somewhere and all the pain and trauma I wrote about can be linked back to me. It's scary..

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Sabriel, Secrets1, Deleted member 17331 and 12 others
Yomyom

Yomyom

Darker dearie, much darker
Feb 5, 2020
This happened in December, police came to me in February, I made my statement in March and I'm still dealing with the trauma now. I've only just come to terms with it and felt that sharing my experience would help atleast one person atleast keep their guard up.
I hope you recover from this trauma
Wish you peace :hug: :heart:

Wtfffff, he was just constantly scoping out people on their profiles. Goading them into raising their post count so he could PM them.
It's so disturbing and scary, to how many people he did it, and how the hell he is not banned yet

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας and Deleted member 10475
deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020

I felt completely like my privacy was invaded. I understand why they did but what I liked about the site was my anonymity and ability to talk openly about my struggles. Now I knew that all my posts have my name all over them in some police record somewhere and all the pain and trauma I wrote about can be linked back to me. It's scary..
To think that all our pain, struggles and vulnerabilities can be linked to us is truly scary...

Ἡγησίας

Ἡγησίας

Student
May 20, 2019
@melonhead88

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: voyager, _Minsk, melonhead88 and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020

Sorry, I'm a bit confused. To clarify...

In reading your OP alongside this post, you communicated with him in December, bought the bus ticket for February, and days before the trip you were contacted by the police?

Alain

Alain

Student
Mar 11, 2020
If they told you the truth, I don't know how it could have been done without the site collaborating and I don't know what to think about it. In your case, it was to help get evidence against a horrible person that deserves to be in jail but in the future it may be something else. What if they want to identify users and force them into a psych hold? And the laws are highly controversial when it comes to suicide, what if some jurisdiction considers the mere participation in the forum as assisting suicide and the police wants to arrest random users? This kind of thing makes me feel really worried.

I was just reading the thread, being terrified at first for weak people who can easily get into a trap by any psycho like it was the case for L0ne1ygh0st. So of course my first reaction was (and still is) : I'm really glad you could escape this monster. Please, I beg you, take care of you, never give any personal informations to anyone on a forum, especially this one. I wish you the best to recover from this horrible situation. I can't imagine how much you were scared by that monster.

But damn I'm glad I'm not the only one who understand the major issue with that IP leak. If the police got IPs from the webmaster, you can assume that they have other IPs too. Probably all the logs, including PM even. Mails and metadatas are all they need to know everything about you, from your bank account to your address, your political opinions, your sex orientation, what you eat for breakfast and so on... This makes me feel really uncomfortable with SS now, I won't lie.

We deserve the truth, an official statement from the people behind this website, as we trust them enough to say here what we can't say even to our closest ones. It's essential if they don't want us to just leave the forum. Because if this website gives IPs to the police as soon as they ask, no one of us is safe here.

• Love
Reactions: Nova, Sabriel, Seagirl and 10 others
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. To clarify...

In reading your OP alongside this post, you communicated with him in December, bought the bus ticket for February, and days before the trip you were contacted by the police?

No. All contact happened and plans to travel were in December. He was arrested in December and all contact stopped between us seemingly out of nowhere. This was days before I was meant to travel to him. It wasn't until February when the police turned up on my doorstep that I found out he'd been arrested.

• Hugs
Reactions: FriendofDeath, melonhead88, Ἡγησίας and 1 other person
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
No. All contact happened and plans to travel were in December. He was arrested in December and all contact stopped between us seemingly out of nowhere. This was days before I was meant to travel to him. It wasn't until February when the police turned up on my doorstep that I found out he'd been arrested.

Thank you for clarifying.

What an intense experience. I'm so sorry you went through this.

Edit: btw, when he said he was in cyber security, did he give specific information that led you to believe he knew your location, or was he just acting like he knew?

Last edited:
Reactions: RileyTanaka, autumnal and Yomyom
CyanideSoup

CyanideSoup

Memento mori
Oct 1, 2019
Thank you for clarifying.

What an intense experience. I'm so sorry you went through this.

Edit: btw, when he said he was in cyber security, did he give specific information that led you to believe he knew your location, or was he just acting like he knew?

He was just acting as though he knew, but he would make passing comments about the area I live in that gave my paranoid self reason to be concerned.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, RileyTanaka, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
If you posted your location in the partners thread, he would be able to make general comments.
he also reached out to @Imtrying21 in profile.. wonder if he pmd anything there

Reactions: autumnal and Yomyom
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
Looks like he's been banned now, name is crossed out.

Take care OP and everyone

Reactions: voyager, autumnal, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
deadpixels

deadpixels

Student
May 2, 2020
I was just reading the thread, being terrified at first for weak people who can easily get into a trap by any psycho like it was the case for L0ne1ygh0st. So of course my first reaction was (and still is) : I'm really glad you could escape this monster. Please, I beg you, take care of you, never give any personal informations to anyone on a forum, especially this one. I wish you the best to recover from this horrible situation. I can't imagine how much you were scared by that monster.

But damn I'm glad I'm not the only one who understand the major issue with that IP leak. If the police got IPs from the webmaster, you can assume that they have other IPs too. Probably all the logs, including PM even. Mails and metadatas are all they need to know everything about you, from your bank account to your address, your political opinions, your sex orientation, what you eat for breakfast and so on... This makes me feel really uncomfortable with SS now, I won't lie.

We deserve the truth, an official statement from the people behind this website, as we trust them enough to say here what we can't say even to our closest ones. It's essential if they don't want us to just leave the forum. Because if this website gives IPs to the police as soon as they ask, no one of us is safe here.

I think there might be a way to take this information without necessarily reaching the people behind this site but we better not talk about it until we have an official statement.

And since we don't have the public feedback section anymore, the interested users will have to send individual tickets.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Brink
M

M

Going to sticky this.

I think this is a warning to all.

• Love
Reactions: NorthernStar, HadEnough1974, TowerUpright and 14 others
Status
Not open for further replies.