Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
Dame Esther Rantzen joins Dignitas. There's coverage in some British media today. She has stage 4 cancer and she may consider assistance in dying in the Swiss clinic, if cancer treatment is no longer working anymore. She talks about her fears and concerns. There's some good covering stories online. Of course, a clergyman has appeared on t.v with sanctify of life lecturing. No doubt, I wonder what they would say if they suffered this disease or other.?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: dggtscccvfd, hi-okbye, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect this kind of thing will hopefully one day encourage more people to see that having a dignified exit is a good thing. Maybe even one day they will legalise it here. People are so influenced by celebrities. Probably means more coming from them to some people than the 100's of regular people who have gone!

That irks me though that some clergyman has stepped in. I don't think I want to see that. It will just wind me up. I hope he was respectful? Really though- we don't all follow your beliefs! They are just that- beliefs- they aren't the law. Fine if people want to believe all that stuff. Maybe it's from a good place. Maybe they think they're saving us from hell. Maybe they think they're earning brownie points from God trying to 'save' all these people. I wish they'd bear in mind these people are likely in a living hell at the moment though and guess who enabled that to begin with? Or- doesn't seem to be that willing to step in and help now? God- surely? Fine if they want to be a martyre. Not everyone does though. Personally- given the choice- I want nothing to do with another world this God has had anything to do with. I doubt we'll get the choice though and no doubt- I'm already marked down for hell.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd, Rational man and Suicidebydeath
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I always liked Dame Esther Rantzen, because of Childline, Silverline etc. She seems nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rational man
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's really horrible and cruel how there isn't any legalised assisted suicide options in the UK, it's compassionate to allow people that, I hate how this country is so pro-suffering even for those with terminal illnesses.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rational man and Suicidebydeath
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
A
It's really horrible and cruel how there isn't any legalised assisted suicide options in the UK, it's compassionate to allow people that, I hate how this country is so pro-suffering even for those with terminal illnesses.
Agreed
Yes
I always liked Dame Esther Rantzen, because of Childline, Silverline etc. She seems
She's helped so many.
Yes
I always liked Dame Esther Rantzen, because of Childline, Silverline etc. She seems
She's helped so many.
Yes
She's helped so many.
I expect this kind of thing will hopefully one day encourage more people to see that having a dignified exit is a good thing. Maybe even one day they will legalise it here. People are so influenced by celebrities. Probably means more coming from them to some people than the 100's of regular people who have gone!

That irks me though that some clergyman has stepped in. I don't think I want to see that. It will just wind me up. I hope he was respectful? Really though- we don't all follow your beliefs! They are just that- beliefs- they aren't the law. Fine if people want to believe all that stuff. Maybe it's from a good place. Maybe they think they're saving us from hell. Maybe they think they're earning brownie points from God trying to 'save' all these people. I wish they'd bear in mind these people are likely in a living hell at the moment though and guess who enabled that to begin with? Or- doesn't seem to be that willing to step in and help now? God- surely? Fine if they want to be a martyre. Not everyone does though. Personally- given the choice- I want nothing to do with another world this God has had anything to do with. I doubt we'll get the choice though and no doubt- I'm already marked down for hell.
I presume she has the funds, because many people like me do not. Thats why I have plan B. The clergyman was respectful but, there's so much hypocritical behaviour amongst the.authorities. We know that many terminal people are dying a terrible death. We know you cannot save a person with a terminal illness. We know that the appalling state of the NHS means that many people who wanted to live are dying needlessly due to late diagnosis and lack of timely treatment, etc. Of.course, this doesn't play well into the ' God ' narrative of life's sanctity. We would rather see people die needlessly and suffering than take a compassionate view. We send bombs to war zones and let people starve or be homeless. There's something very at odds with humanity.

She's helped so many.

I presume she has the funds, because many people like me do not. Thats why I have plan B. The clergyman was respectful but, there's so much hypothetical behaviour amongst the.authorities. We know that many terminal people are dying a terrible death. We know you cannot save a person with a terminal illness. We kow the that the appalling state of the NHS means that many people who wanted to live are dying needlessly due to late diagnosis and lack of treatment, etc. Of.course, this doesn't play well into the ' God ' narrative of life's sanctity. We would rather see people die needlessly and suffering than take a compassionate view. We send bombs to war zones and let people starve or be homeless. There's something very at odds with humanity.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Forever Sleep