Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I have been here long enough to notice a continuing pattern within the Discussion threads. Members have inquired about varied CTB methods, and upon making a decision, drill down as to where and how much these equipment or toxic medications (CTB Gear) can be sourced. The Sanctioned Suicide (SS) website -- to its credit – has facilitated ground-breaking discussions in both its forum threads and preservation of discussions in the mega threads for which we remain eternally grateful.

However, the knowledge transfer aspect of up-to-date sourcing of Gear to achieve CTB is fragmented across many threads, deeply buried within the mega threads, goes undocumented, or moderated out due to website policy. Moreover, some of the finest domain experts and contributors to the SS site are no longer with us; upon their passing, so too are gone of their knowledge and expertise. I believe it is important to preserve such knowledge and to not repeat the rediscovery process every time a thread is "bumped" to make room for another. Simply said CTB knowledge transfer in its current form is both inefficient and frustrating.

I would like to propose the development of a simple but authoritative CTB blog to serve as a knowledge database of CTB Gear information. I believe that the blog should be easy to navigate and collaboratively curated by volunteer SS Forum members. Simplicity is paramount to avoid never-ending mega threads from potentially dubious sources. It will contain the lastest source weblinks within its inventory. The aspect of collaboration is important as no one person has complete knowledge of all methods, and to minimize personal bias as what is the best CTB Gear for specific methods.

So, I would like to bounce this idea to the SS Forum community to its relevance and solicit opinions and interest in its development.

Please feel free to PM me. Thank you.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: NeverSatisfied, Deleted member 4993, DeadBirdSaysGoodbye and 6 others
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
I have been here long enough to notice a continuing pattern within the Discussion threads. Members have inquired about varied CTB methods, and upon making a decision, drill down as to where and how much these equipment or toxic medications (CTB Gear) can be sourced. The Sanctioned Suicide (SS) website -- to its credit – has facilitated ground-breaking discussions in both its forum threads and preservation of discussions in the mega threads for which we remain eternally grateful.

However, the knowledge transfer aspect of up-to-date sourcing of Gear to achieve CTB is fragmented across many threads, deeply buried within the mega threads, goes undocumented, or moderated out due to website policy. Moreover, some of the finest domain experts and contributors to the SS site are no longer with us; upon their passing, so too are gone of their knowledge and expertise. I believe it is important to preserve such knowledge and to not repeat the rediscovery process every time a thread is "bumped" to make room for another. Simply said CTB knowledge transfer in its current form is both inefficient and frustrating.

I would like to propose the development of a simple but authoritative CTB blog to serve as a knowledge database of CTB Gear information. I believe that the blog should be easy to navigate and collaboratively curated by volunteer SS Forum members. Simplicity is paramount to avoid never-ending mega threads from potentially dubious sources. It will contain the lastest source weblinks within its inventory. The aspect of collaboration is important as no one person has complete knowledge of all methods, and to minimize personal bias as what is the best CTB Gear for specific methods.

So, I would like to bounce this idea to the SS Forum community to its relevance and solicit opinions and interest in its development.

Very good idea.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Count me in!

• Love
Reactions: Nelos and Greenberg
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020

I agree this idea seems like it would be helpful, but I do see some potential issues that may present some obstacles.
1. Would having documents with this information residing on the site that are curated, edited, etc., even by members as opposed to the staff, cross a boundary between just providing a place to exchange information and actually being a source of the information, if you understand the distinction I am making? I'm thinking of the difference between an online discussion forum and Wikipedia. The Resource Compilation thread is aIready on the site, but those are links to information compiled by people not associated with the site as opposed to users of the site. I don't know the answer myself, and I think the staff would have to decide if that would constitute a change away from their vision for the site, and whether such a change could create ethical, legal, or unwanted publicity issues.
2. I know that posting web links to products is against the rules. I think there is good reason, because products identified as being linked on the site could be made more difficult to obtain by their vendors, vendors could attempt to take actions against the site, etc.
3. Choosing who can enter and maintain the information seems difficult because there are many varied opinions of each method. Who would choose those allowed to post information and based on what criteria?

Reactions: nitroautnz
Greenberg

Greenberg

nitrogenexit.blogspot.com
Jun 28, 2020
I agree this idea seems like it would be helpful, but I do see some potential issues that may present some obstacles.
1. Would having documents with this information residing on the site that are curated, edited, etc., even by members as opposed to the staff, cross a boundary between just providing a place to exchange information and actually being a source of the information, if you understand the distinction I am making? I'm thinking of the difference between an online discussion forum and Wikipedia. The Resource Compilation thread is aIready on the site, but those are links to information compiled by people not associated with the site as opposed to users of the site. I don't know the answer myself, and I think the staff would have to decide if that would constitute a change away from their vision for the site, and whether such a change could create ethical, legal, or unwanted publicity issues.
2. I know that posting web links to products is against the rules. I think there is good reason, because products identified as being linked on the site could be made more difficult to obtain by their vendors, vendors could attempt to take actions against the site, etc.
3. Choosing who can enter and maintain the information seems difficult because there are many varied opinions of each method. Who would choose those allowed to post information and based on what criteria?
You raise very good points! And this is why I want it to be a collaborative affair and not simply based on one person's vision.

1. i do not believe there is a problem being a source of information. Look at the PPH; it is readily available and priced at a ridiculous amount for What I believe to be public domain information. Please note this blog is not affiliated with the SS website itself but only with its membership. We will be a separate and independent entity.

2. I think we would have to weigh the benefits of having the (product) weblinks available over the possibility of vendors taking action against the site. Worse comes to worst, we simply remove the web link from the site. I think this is a minor issue.

3. A valid question: I propose a voluntary panel of SS Forum members. I believe there should be a vote or at least consensus from the SS membership as to who will be panel member based on to-be-determined criteria.

Again, thank you for your feedback. This blog ought to be useful to CTBers

Reactions: Deleted member 4993