• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I've learned there is a method with a 100% success rate. It's called "aging", and the best part is you don't have to do anything! All you have to do is wait 'til you are 80 and die, one of the easiest methods. Why aren't more people going for it? 🤔

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Time is certainly the most reliable CTB method bar none but plenty of other things can help speed it along. Who needs antiemetics when substances such as nicotine, alcohol, lead, high fructose corn syrup, and plastics all help facilitate the Old Age method?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I think most people go for it, we're only a minority who doesn't want to go for it. Probably bc of a terrible life quality.

I'd go for it, I'm not afraid of old age.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't know. I'm starting to get terrified of the technology that could exist in the future such as technology to counteract old age. Technology has been advancing at a rapid rate and, knowing how insane pro lifers can be at keeping everybody alive, I'm scared that they would forcibly increase everybody's lifespan. I know that your post is meant to be humour but I genuinely am terrified about the technology that can develop in the future which could counteract old age far before I even reach old age (which I won't because I don't have the skills to get employed and work but still)

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I don't know. I'm starting to get terrified of the technology that could exist in the future such as technology to counteract old age. Technology has been advancing at a rapid rate and, knowing how insane pro lifers can be at keeping everybody alive, I'm scared that they would forcibly increase everybody's lifespan. I know that your post is meant to be humour but I genuinely am terrified about the technology that can develop in the future which could counteract old age far before I even reach old age (which I won't because I don't have the skills to get employed and work but still)
I think it can also be good. Degenerative illnesses are being researched, and if we are lucky, it may mean old age won't be near as bad.

Also, in the future you talk about, I'm gonna replace my old cells with nanomachines, until there is no meat left. I'm gonna be IMMORTAL BABY. 😎

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
. I'm starting to get terrified of the technology that could exist in the future such as technology to counteract old age
It technically already exists. We've found out how to genetically modify telomeres to never shorten. It just comes with the high risk of getting cancer xD

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It technically already exists. We've found out how to genetically modify telomeres to never shorten. It just comes with the high risk of getting cancer xD
Do you think that cancer cells could provide insight into stopping aging? Some of them are immortal right, like the HeLa cells? They divide forever

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Do you think that cancer cells could provide insight into stopping aging? Some of them are immortal right, like the HeLa cells? They divide forever
Cancerous cells aren't good for observation of immortality. Cancer cells have an issue in the cell check cycle that allows for unlimited growth. That's a bad thing because the cell could be unhealthy and need to suicide [apoptosis] but it can't because the cell check doesn't catch it.

Telomeres and stem cells are where it's at. Creatures like planarians and axolotls are being studied for their ability to regenerate and the planarian's immortality.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Cancerous cells aren't good for observation of immortality. Cancer cells have an issue in the cell check cycle that allows for unlimited growth. That's a bad thing because the cell could be unhealthy and need to suicide [apoptosis] but it can't because the cell check doesn't catch it.

Telomeres and stem cells are where it's at. Creatures like planarians and axolotls are being studied for their ability to regenerate and the planarian's immortality.
Can you regenerate telomeres or use stem cells to substitute for and replace worn out cells?
How exactly do you genetically modify telomeres to never shorten?

Last edited:
Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Can you regenerate telomeres or use stem cells to substitute for and replace worn out cells?

You activate telomerase, you repair those telomeres and extend them on all of your healthy cells, you could live forever. That's how cancer is able to replicate forever—it extends the telomeres. But it's better observed in planarians, where it naturally occurs with correct cell cycle checks. A planarian does grow old as it lives, but as soon as you cut them in half, their stem cells work to create the new half of them and they're basically reset to a new planarian. They are revitalized. They are young again. Even their old cells reset to young. You can grow a whole new worm from a SINGLE CELL! WOW!

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
You activate telomerase, you repair those telomeres and extend them on all of your healthy cells, you could live forever. That's how cancer is able to replicate forever—it extends the telomeres. But it's better observed in planarians, where it naturally occurs with correct cell cycle checks. A planarian does grow old as it lives, but as soon as you cut them in half, their stem cells work to create the new half of them and they're basically reset to a new planarian. They are revitalized. They are young again. Even their old cells reset to young. You can grow a whole new worm from a SINGLE CELL! WOW!
Can this be done in a living human?

Unicr0n

Unicr0n

Stuck in a black hole...
Mar 26, 2024
Can this be done in a living human?
In this day and age, there is no way any trials would pass to have that done to a human. We're still arguing over gene modification to reduce people's suffering like sickle cell disease xD

• Aww..