• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
This might be a stupid question, and probably discussed endless times already, pretty sure most people thought of this common idea

But just curious why it is not more considered?

People would go to crazy extremes, such as blow their heads off with gun, jump off bridges and buildings, drown or hang themselves, be run over by a train, ingest poison, freeze themselves to death, some even pretend to skydive, and then take off the parachute in the sky so they can fall to their death

But how come something as simple as not drinking water for a few days, seems so impossible??? When I do a quick search on Google, it seems 3-5 days is the limit the body can survive without water

I am thinking, what if I did that, along with taking a bunch of prescribed sleeping pills, occasionally throughout those few days? So majority of the time I might even be asleep, and just wait out those few days?

Whats stopping this from being a more popular method?

Reactions: Ruru-chan2 and deadalready1
W

Wolf Girl

Nothing ever got better
Jun 12, 2024
Because you will not be able to resist the urge to drink lol. People think they have a lot more control over their behavior than they do. If you can't tolerate choking yourself for 15 seconds or putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger, what makes you think you can suffer through dying of thirst while there's water on tap in the next room? Lolol

• Wow
Reactions: Liamm, bugs_for_brains, hellworldprincess and 10 others
redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024
My opinion:
The problem with VSED is that its course is unpredictable. Every body reacts differently to this extreme situation. In the best-case scenario, you'll just feel extremely thirsty and fall into a coma after 3-5 days and never wake up. In the worst case, you go through other things and it doesn't go "quickly" but you have to suffer for 2 weeks.
It's a question of discipline. How badly do you want to die? And how much are you prepared to suffer?
I'm quite sure it's possible and I'm considering the method myself. But it will be an agonisingly long procedure either way. That's what puts most people off.

Last edited:
Reactions: deadalready1 and sanction
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Because you will not be able to resist the urge to drink lol. People think they have a lot more control over their behavior than they do. If you can't tolerate choking yourself for 15 seconds or putting a gun to your head and pulling the trigger, what makes you think you can suffer through dying of thirst while there's water on tap in the next room? Lolol
Is it really that simple? Of course I am not disagreeing with you, or trying to debate

I'm genuinely trying to understand. What if I went out into the woods or far out in nature, where there is no water close by. Maybe I'll bring some bottled water at first, but once it runs out, I will have none left, and maybe will need to travel at least a few hours to find the next closest source of water

And then I repeat the same. I occasionally take strong prescribed sleeping pills, maybe even painkillers, throughout those 3-5 days, so most of the time I'm asleep, and if any discomfort, maybe the painkillers will make it more bearable, and then just wait it out??

Or do you think survival instinct will still kick in, and will just end up quitting the method half way through, and rush to go find water, even if its a few hours away?

Last edited:
Reactions: deadalready1
W

Wolf Girl

Nothing ever got better
Jun 12, 2024
Is it really that simple? Of course I am not disagreeing with you, or trying to debate

I'm genuinely trying to understand. What if I went out into the woods or far out in nature, where there is no water close by. Maybe I'll bring some bottled water at first, but once it runs out, I will have none left, and maybe will need to travel at least a few hours to find the next closest source of water

And then I repeat the same. I occasionally take strong prescribed sleeping pills, maybe even painkillers, throughout those 3-5 days, so most of them I'm either asleep, and if any discomfort, maybe the painkillers will make it more bearable, and then just wait it out??

Or do you think survival instinct will still kick in, and will just end up quitting the method half way through, and rush to go find water, even if its a few hours away?
If survival instinct has kicked in during any other method, it will kick in in this method, too. People will shoot themselves in the head, survive, and then spend two hours dragging themselves to a phone to call 911. You will attempt to crawl for water on hands and knees while drifting in and out of consciousness from sleeping pills.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
If survival instinct has kicked in during any other method, it will kick in in this method, too. People will shoot themselves in the head, survive, and then spend two hours dragging themselves to a phone to call 911. You will attempt to crawl for water on hands and knees while drifting in and out of consciousness from sleeping pills.
Haha I like your last sentence. You explained it pretty nicely

"You will attempt to crawl for water on hands and knees while drifting in and out of consciousness from sleeping pills"

Which has given me an idea. We should go do this together. But instead, I am the one that does it, and then by the time I am desperate and begin crawling while half consciousness, you film me, and then post it on Tik Tok

After it goes viral, we split the money earned from the views :haha: :pfff: since it seems kind of funny to watch

redeeming_butterfly

redeeming_butterfly

Life is no more beautiful than its cruelest suffer
May 15, 2024
What if I went out into the woods or far out in nature, where there is no water close by.
I don't know where you live, but humidity also has an impact, I think. If the humidity in your location is high, you are literally breathing in water. However, I don't know to what extent you would compensate for that by sweating. Just to mention it.

J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
If you drank 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt dissolved in water, your body will die just as if you went without drinking water for five days. Hypernatremia. Soy sauce work too. Not a fun way to go but it seems effective.

Water drains from the brain trying to restore sodium balance and you go unconscious. But there's no information on how long that takes.

Like SN, it sounds incredibly painful. Vomiting, head pain, lethargy, diarrhea, unconsciousness, coma, death.

Its my backup plan if partial doesn't work.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2796.2004.01411.x

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_poisoning

• Informative
Reactions: Life is overrated, redeeming_butterfly, sserafim and 1 other person
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
This might be a stupid question, and probably discussed endless times already, pretty sure most people thought of this common idea

But just curious why it is not more considered?

People would go to crazy extremes, such as blow their heads off with gun, jump off bridges and buildings, drown or hang themselves, be run over by a train, ingest poison, freeze themselves to death, some even pretend to skydive, and then take off the parachute in the sky so they can fall to their death

But how come something as simple as not drinking water for a few days, seems so impossible??? When I do a quick search on Google, it seems 3-5 days is the limit the body can survive without water

I am thinking, what if I did that, along with taking a bunch of prescribed sleeping pills, occasionally throughout those few days? So majority of the time I might even be asleep, and just wait out those few days?

Whats stopping this from being a more popular method?
Stoping drinking water is very painful to me torture of extreme thirst

To me moving a finger on a trigger instant lights out is painless quick. It's only difficult because of mental stuff like fear of failure and other imo irrational fears. Easy imo if you have a shotgun or rifle just the mental block is difficult getting over
If you drank 2 to 3 tablespoons of salt dissolved in water, your body will die just as if you went without drinking water for five days. Hypernatremia. Soy sauce work too. Not a fun way to go but it seems effective.

Water drains from the brain trying to restore sodium balance and you go unconscious. But there's no information on how long that takes.

Like SN, it sounds incredibly painful. Vomiting, head pain, lethargy, diarrhea, unconsciousness, coma, death.

Its my backup plan if partial doesn't work.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1365-2796.2004.01411.x

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_poisoning

Salt is painful and is not SN. Sn is not painful . There is only one SN.

Plus the ld50 of SN is orders of magnitude lower than salt

Last edited:
Reactions: Talvikki
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Mage
Apr 15, 2024
It can take more than 5 days. 5 days is only if you are out in the wilderness dehydrating. It can take up to 2 weeks to dehydrate. Sleeping pills last only for 6-8 hours, then you wake up. If you take more again, you build tolerance and then they don't work well. Then you will start seeking water desperately. Dehydration and/starving works mostly in hospital settings where the nurses give different medications to ease the symptoms while you dehydrate. Those medications are not available over the counter.

J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
Stoping drinking water is very painful to me torture of extreme thirst

To me moving a finger on a trigger instant lights out is painless quick. It's only difficult because of mental stuff like fear of failure and other imo irrational fears. Easy imo if you have a shotgun or rifle just the mental block is difficult getting over

Salt is painful and is not SN. Sn is not painful . There is only one SN.

Plus the ld50 of SN is orders of magnitude lower than salt
SN not painful…ok sure.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Aug 12, 2019
SN not painful…ok sure.
Prove it . I've seen hundreds of goodby threads here . Prove those prolife scare threads were true . Any one can type anything . Sure humans never lie. I am actually from another planet in the galaxy. See how easy it is to type a lie. Pph also observed many SN suicides all peaceful

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly and Talvikki
M

M48 Patton

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Problem with dehydration (even including starvation) is if you don't commit to it long term and go through with it I've heard of negative short term and long term health consequences such as organ damage etc.

As an example I think for me it probably wouldn't take a lot to starve my body as it's already unhealthy, my body would probably shut down faster but maybe more painfully so it would be dependent upon your health to begin with, environmental factors could play a part too like heat and cold.

I know some users on here have attempted this and not succeeded either through personally withdrawing from the method or through intentional or unintentional intervention from others.

I know people who have terminal illnesses and are hospitalised can get through this method because of medication and attendance from healthcare professionals.

Reactions: redeeming_butterfly
J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
Prove it . I've seen hundreds of goodby threads here . Prove those prolife scare threads were true . Any one can type anything . Sure humans never lie. I am actually from another planet in the galaxy. See how easy it is to type a lie. Pph also observed many SN suicides all peaceful
I read the account/timeline of Moonymoon's passing after taking SN. It was anything but peaceful. And if you read about what's actually taking place in your cells in your body after taking the poison, it's pretty horrific. But so is losing the sodium balance in your cells & cell death by taking too much salt. I think both methods are awful. Taking really really good drugs to knock you out beforehand is the only remedy to that I think. I don't have access to any drugs legal or illegal so, only last resort.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Aug 12, 2019
I read the account/timeline of Moonymoon's passing after taking SN. It was anything but peaceful. And if you read about what's actually taking place in your cells in your body after taking the poison, it's pretty horrific. But so is losing the sodium balance in your cells & cell death by taking too much salt. I think both methods are awful. Taking really really good drugs to knock you out beforehand is the only remedy to that I think. I don't have access to any drugs legal or illegal so, only last resort.
I trust the peaceful pill handbook they observed many . I trust the hundreds of goodbye threads and many accounts of being brought back to life in the ER all said painless . More so Over a few false accounts . No SN works through hipoxia painless. it is not salt . Salt doesn't bind to the hemoglobin. Co and SN bind to the hemoglobin

Reactions: Talvikki
J

JenX

Jun 24, 2024
I trust the peaceful pill handbook they observed many . I trust the hundreds of goodbye threads and many accounts of being brought back to life in the ER all said painless . More so Over a few false accounts . No SN works through hipoxia painless. it is not salt . Salt doesn't bind to the hemoglobin. Co and SN bind to the hemoglobin
"The mechanism of salt ingestion causing death is believed to be related to hypernatremia with the serum sodium levels in reported fatalities ranging from 175 to 255 mmol/L. Ingestion of as little as two tablespoons of salt has been reported to increase serum sodium levels by as much as 30 mmol/L with the potential to cause severe irreversible neurological damage [7,9]."

See also~ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt_poisoning

Look, you can die from ingesting too much salt, or even soy sauce. I read thats a popular method in Asia. But its not fun. Neither is SN. We just happen to know more about SN at this site because it's kind of promoted here I guess you could call it…its weird.

We're going to have to agree to disagree that SN is peaceful. Hope you have a good day.🙏💕

• Informative
Reactions: Life is overrated
DoubleUp8

DoubleUp8

Gambler
Dec 14, 2023
VSED is unpredictable as hell. I always say hunger strike. I have tried and failed I don't know how many times. I just went a week where I only ate twice in moments of mental weakness to temptation of delicious stuff. I think I was nearly successful because I was exposed to brutal heat and humidity as well. I'm trying again July 1 and gonna try totally dry. We'll see how it goes but I really need to die somehow. Some way. Not eating solid foods isn't all that hard. But trying not to drink anything is a different story. It's close to involuntary reaction to drink something if you're really thirsty.

GreyCTB

GreyCTB

Student
Aug 26, 2022
I survived 3 days without drinking or eating once and it was not fun at all. Depending on your environment you can probably go 2 weeks or more without any water and survive, people do this regularly it is called dry fasting. To me personally it seems much more easier and comfortable to find a method where you can go instantly or in a few minutes. Instead of having to resist the ever increasing thirst and suffer a bunch of extremely uncomfortable symptoms for weeks before finally dying

Imprisoned

Imprisoned

Oblivion
Jan 10, 2024
Wouldn't the SN itself knock you out before experiencing too much pain? This is kinda concerning considering how popular SN is on here, so I hope someone more knowledgable than me can chip in, but the PPH green lights SN as a peaceful method so idk.

kyhoti

kyhoti

May 27, 2024
I've tried VSED a couple of times recently. I lasted a few miserable days until I just caved. Even as a diabetic, it just wasn't "effective". I have an idea that the only way I could possibly make it work for me is to handcuff myself to a tree or something, but I have a feeling that I might "wolf out" and escape. Just sayin'.

MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
This probably wouldn't work as a lot of foods you eat also have water so on top of not drinking you can't eat either and that's painful and I doubt many are strong enough for that. Also why suffer when there are easier ways?

m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

m1dn1ghtmyst3ry

𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓻𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓸 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓳𝓾𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓽
Feb 20, 2024
Definitely one of the methods I'll be choosing if I back out on my other ones (hanging or drowning). I've tested this before and didn't drink or eat for 3 days. All I did was sleep so I didn't experience any symptoms.

Reactions: die_young
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
If you want to die by thirst, it would be best to head out into the desert, far from people, in very hot weather. By the time the heat and the dehydration start to take effect, you would be too weak to return to civilization. If you were to start early morninng, and keep walking, you probably wouldn't live to see the sunset.
Note that I do mean very hot weather (40 degrees C or more = 104 Fahrenheit or more) , not just warm.