• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It's insane that frozen embryos have more rights than most people. I saw on the news that in Alabama, frozen embryos have been ruled to be children and parents can now sue IVF clinics for "wrongful death" in the case of thawed, nonviable embryos. They also said that more and more states are ruling that life begins at conception. We're literally living in The Handmaid's Tale…

On another note: I don't understand why these parents are so adamant to have their own children, and go through such measures and costs just to have biological children (like IVF for example). Like do you honestly need your own biological child? Why don't they just adopt? There's an abundance of orphans…

Last edited:
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
I agree, I think people are very narcissistic about having their own children, instead of adopting etc. They don't want "someone else's" child, or maybe even view orphans as problematic and unwanted.

More people should adopt, definitely. As long as they're decent parents, ofc.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
It makes me wish I could've been a frozen embryo that thawed out and died. Oh, what could've been...

Unfortunately, the way I see it, these frozen embryos don't actually have rights, even though the people trying to protect them claim that they do. At the end of day, they're only keeping these embryos alive with legal protection so these embryos can one day become exploitable, expendable wage slaves like the rest of us. If those embryos end up disabled once they're here, they will be punished with poverty by the same system that claimed their lives were worth saving when they were still frozen clumps of cells.

Adopting kids without parents would be much better than someone creating their own kids, even if it's harder to do. It would've been much more ethical if my parents had done that, instead of forcing me into this life just so they could exploit me for free labor.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
It makes me wish I could've been a frozen embryo that thawed out and died. Oh, what could've been...

Unfortunately, the way I see it, these frozen embryos don't actually have rights, even though the people trying to protect them claim that they do. At the end of day, they're only keeping these embryos alive with legal protection so these embryos can one day become exploitable, expendable wage slaves like the rest of us. If those embryos end up disabled once they're here, they will be punished with poverty by the same system that claimed their lives were worth saving when they were still frozen clumps of cells.

Adopting kids without parents would be much better than someone creating their own kids, even if it's harder to do. It would've been much more ethical if my parents had done that, instead of forcing me into this life just so they could exploit me for free labor.
Same, I wish I could've been aborted or something. Agreed. They just want to keep the embryos alive to become slaves to the system…must feed society and the capitalist machine

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
I don't think this is going to be very popular with people who choose to freeze embryos. Aren't there always a certain number of non-viable ones anyway? I thought that's how a disproportionate percentage of people who use IVF end up with higher-order multiple pregnancies—doctors implanting a collection of embryos on the assumption that most won't take.

Weird if you're now required to implant every single embryo that's fertilized. How many is that? Like 10? 30? 50? The surely-impending embryo custody battles will be interesting to watch too.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Those embryos have no rights. It's their parents that have all the rights... They don't consult the embryo before they do whatever they do to bring it to life or they dispose of it in clinical waste. You have greater autonomy over your own being than those poor frozen specimens awaiting their fate.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
In my opinion, it seems that (those with religious proclivities especially) people assign a lot more weight and value to a POTENTIAL life or a young one that they have decided is full of potential to succeed, than an existing soul that is struggling. This is why they cling so hard onto the issue of non-viable embryos and unwanted pregnancies, they believe that EVERY fetus that is conceived, even if it cannot successfully be gestated to term and born as a healthy child, has the potential for an amazing life and by aborting a potential pregnancy you are shutting down the possibility of a miracle.

Every time I see an obituary of a person my age (mid twenties) or younger on a news site, all the comments will be full of, "But they didn't marry, have a career, or have children yet, it's a tragic shame they didn't get to experience these things. Think of all they could achieve! Taken too soon," type sentiments, as if life is only valuable if one has the potential to become something and "succeed" by these metrics.

And this mindset really shows when you see people gunning for IVF because they want a mini-me who will follow in their footsteps or do better than their parents. Many potential mothers and fathers to be turn their noses up at orphans or foster children, thinking they are too problematic and beyond help, more trouble than their worth, then don't even realise their biological children could meet a similar fate of experiencing health issues, traumatic experiences like abuse, poverty, etc later down the line if the roll of the dice is unlucky enough.

To be anti-abortion/pro life by American standards seems to be focused on nebulous ideas of the unborn's potential, only to kick new lives to the curb if they are unwanted by their parents or are born into dicey socio-economic circumstances that require a robust safety net to uplift their chances of succeeding in life.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
In my opinion, it seems that (those with religious proclivities especially) people assign a lot more weight and value to a POTENTIAL life or a young one that they have decided is full of potential to succeed, than an existing soul that is struggling. This is why they cling so hard onto the issue of non-viable embryos and unwanted pregnancies, they believe that EVERY fetus that is conceived, even if it cannot successfully be gestated to term and born as a healthy child, has the potential for an amazing life and by aborting a potential pregnancy you are shutting down the possibility of a miracle.

Every time I see an obituary of a person my age (mid twenties) or younger on a news site, all the comments will be full of, "But they didn't marry, have a career, or have children yet, it's a tragic shame they didn't get to experience these things. Think of all they could achieve! Taken too soon," type sentiments, as if life is only valuable if one has the potential to become something and "succeed" by these metrics.

And this mindset really shows when you see people gunning for IVF because they want a mini-me who will follow in their footsteps or do better than their parents. Many potential mothers and fathers to be turn their noses up at orphans or foster children, thinking they are too problematic and beyond help, more trouble than their worth, then don't even realise their biological children could meet a similar fate of experiencing health issues, traumatic experiences like abuse, poverty, etc later down the line if the roll of the dice is unlucky enough.

To be anti-abortion/pro life by American standards seems to be focused on nebulous ideas of the unborn's potential, only to kick new lives to the curb if they are unwanted by their parents or are born into dicey socio-economic circumstances that require a robust safety net to uplift their chances of succeeding in life.
You should read my thread: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/some-random-musings-on-suicide-and-ethics.143329