Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Well it looks grim for the UK, what I don't understand is murder suicides, if your suicidal kill yourself don't take innocent people with you.

Cheers Geo

Reactions: mediocre, faust and Sensei
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
From the New York Times, in case anyone was wondering how, like 9/11, "security" measures will be increased:

Apple and Google team up to 'contact trace' the coronavirus.
In one of the most far-ranging attempts to halt the spread of the coronavirus, Apple and Google said they were building software into smartphones that would tell people if they were in recent contact with someone who was infected with the virus.

The technology giants said they were teaming up to release the tool within several months, building it into the operating systems of the billions of iPhones and Android devices around the world. That would enable the smartphones to constantly log other devices they get close to, enabling "contact tracing" of the disease.

With the tool, infected people would notify a public health app that they have the coronavirus, which would then alert phones that had recently come into proximity with that infected person's device.

The effort could raise questions about the reach that these companies have in individuals' lives, especially because Google in particular has faced scrutiny for collecting data for online advertising.

"It could be a useful tool but it raises privacy issues," said Dr. Mike Reid, an assistant professor of medicine and infectious diseases at the University of California, San Francisco, who is helping San Francisco officials with contact tracing. "It's not going to be the sole solution, but as part of a robust sophisticated response, it has a role to play."

Google and Apple said the tool would protect the privacy of smartphone users and that people would have to opt in to use it.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: BlackPoppet, FusRohDracarys, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
nothingleft

nothingleft

Sep 1, 2019
I was actually seriously considering getting further treatment before this happened. I was also planning to take a Hawaii vacation with my dad, because we both really needed a break. Although I've self-isolated far before this epidemic, it's still frustrating. I feel like it's trapping me in this state...helpless.

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and faust
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
I found a PSA about preventing the corona virus. The message is carried by the Straw Hats from the show One Piece. I thought it looked neat, and this PSA broke the 4th wall lol.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I wonder if the huge hit the economy is going to take, coupled with the huge unemployment numbers, loss of loved ones, etc., all that kind of stuff – if it will make prolifers a little more empathetic when more people inevitably begin to CTB as a direct result of the pandemic.
Maybe, maybe not. I know that there are some pro-lifers that are really adamant against death no matter the situation (especially the really religious ones but also secular ones too). As far as people claiming to be more "understanding" that alone is not guarantee that they won't try to intervene or play hero just to score some brownie points and to feel good about themselves (which is selfish on their part).

Reactions: Worthless_nobody, not-2-b-the-answer and Shakespear's Brother
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
When test results came from Germany

Reactions: Jumper Geo and waived
Oppenheimer

Oppenheimer

Apr 7, 2019
Very surprising post from a psychiatrist who prescribes meds, and who has posted a lot of questions on SS about SN as a method. The body will turn blue (potentially gray), it's not going to look like a natural death occurred.

It would take at least five days to find my body my friend. Decomposition will be in another level.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, mediocre, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
When it says seasonal flu deaths is that for a full year or just so far this year in 2020 since January?
"
Quick facts:
  • Every year an estimated 290,000 to 650,000 people die in the world due to complications from seasonal influenza (flu) viruses.
  • This figure corresponds to 795 to 1,781 deaths per day due to the seasonal flu.
Sources and info:

"
So yes, that is in 2020.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, mediocre and GoodPersonEffed
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
I wonder what countries the seasonal flu deaths happened in and if it correlates with the countries where COVID deaths occur. I wonder if quarantining has also lowered the number of flu deaths. I've always thought the quarantine in place measures were bullshit, these numbers seem at first glance to give credence to that sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and mediocre
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I wonder what countries the seasonal flu deaths happened in and if it correlates with the countries where COVID deaths occur. I wonder if quarantining has also lowered the number of flu deaths. I've always thought the quarantine in place measures were bullshit, these numbers seem to at first glance to give credence to that sense.
Well if those figures are correct season influenza killed 130000 in 4 months whereas corona has killed 110000+ the majority in one month. So I do see that as a big difference.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Fragile
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I wonder what countries the seasonal flu deaths happened in and if it correlates with the countries where COVID deaths occur. I wonder if quarantining has also lowered the number of flu deaths. I've always thought the quarantine in place measures were bullshit, these numbers seem at first glance to give credence to that sense.
This is just in US:
Figure 1: Estimated Range of Annual Burden of Flu in the U.S. since 2010
influenza burden chart hi-res graphic

The burden of influenza disease in the United States can vary widely and is determined by a number of factors including the characteristics of circulating viruses, the timing of the season, how well the vaccine is working to protect against illness, and how many people got vaccinated. While the impact of flu varies, it places a substantial burden on the health of people in the United States each year.

CDC estimates that influenza has resulted in between 9 million – 45 million illnesses, between 140,000 – 810,000 hospitalizations and between 12,000 – 61,000 deaths annually since 2010.

Reactions: mediocre
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
Mexico has been interesting.

The president fought social distancing and quarantine in place for quite a while, although schools did close. He kissed babies, hugged constituents, and said his two amulets protect him. Eventually the policies were put in place in an oblique way, such as mayors and governors acting rather than the federal government, and then the federal government got on board.

There is a cartoon character to promote social distancing, Susana Distancia, which is a play on words, su sana distancia, your safe distance. Ja ja ja.

I live in a large, tourist-heavy city. Plenty of people wear masks, but there are also plenty of people who believe COVID is no issue here because it's hot, and they have the mistaken belief that one can't get a cold where it's hot. There is no tourism right now. I passed a large upscale hotel today and the doors were chained shut.

Restaurants are supposed to be closed, but not all of them are, even ones that don't do delivery are open. It's safe to assume the owners probably pay the police, or pay someone who pays the police.

The streets are very quiet, and there are a lot less taxis, which I rely on, so I have to wait longer for one to pass.

Last week my grocery delivery that I ordered online didn't show up, so I had to walk to the store the next day and make arrangements, and they still showed up hours later than promised. But that could be a Mexico thing as easily as logistical issues caused by the quarantine in place.

Toilet paper is not an issue at all, but I've read news that beer production was being stopped and there would be a run on beer. Today I passed a chain convenience store and, the same as a few days ago, there were dozens of cases of beer stacked on the sidewalk outside, and hundreds of cans stacked to fill a whole huge window. I don't know how the clerks were able to watch the beer outside, maybe because I couldn't see the windows that the cases were blocking.

At Super WalMart today, there was a MASSIVE tower of cases of beer, easily enough to fill a Mexican house, maybe two or three. I asked the cashier if people were buying more beer since the quarantine and she said yes, a lot more. So Mexico seems to have the beer issue covered infinitely better than the States have managed toilet paper. I'm sure lots of girlfriends and wives are getting the crap knocked out of them, I've read in online news that it's a concern. (How do you say "duh" in Spanish?)

I've been to the Super WalMart several times since the measures were gradually put in place. There are no lines outside, no mad rushes for supplies, just more shoppers than usual and extended checkout lines because of sana distancia.

I've had bronchitis for a couple of months and when I cough, nobody even remotely gives a fuck.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: DyslexicForeigner, Oyoy, not-2-b-the-answer and 4 others
G

Glasshouse13

Feb 17, 2020
if what you say is true, then our system is fucked!

I see you are new here?

Sorry, late reply, I had been snooping on here for some time and joined in Feb time (I think) when I was on annual leave and my MH got dangerous. Strangely, this virus has been very distracting for me. Plenty of overtime over these past two weeks, and no time to think about CTB when you're running around like a headless chicken for 12-14 hours a day. Although, I did have a breakdown over the whole thing during the week lockdown was announced, because we had some traumatic cases. This past week we had a huge surge in recovery cases/ITU step-downs, so we're not feeling as crap as we did!

• Hugs
Reactions: faraway_beach, not-2-b-the-answer, Sensei and 1 other person
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019

Bloody hell
I had to translate the video write up

**In Khimki, the FMBA medical center has a giant line of ambulances. It was formed due to the large number of patients with coronavirus. The waiting time is a few hours. The staff assures that all these people will receive the necessary help. Telegram channel VESTI-FM**

• Hugs
Reactions: faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Bloody hell
I had to translate the video write up

**In Khimki, the FMBA medical center has a giant line of ambulances. It was formed due to the large number of patients with coronavirus. The waiting time is a few hours. The staff assures that all these people will receive the necessary help. Telegram channel VESTI-FM**
I think this video is understandable even without sound :sunglasses:
To be clear, the driver has waited for 9 hours.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I think this video is understandable even without sound :sunglasses:
To be clear, the driver has waited for 9 hours.

Oh I am not saying it isn't, I am just a fussy bugger who needs to be able to read the write up!

Reactions: faust
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
As someone who is immunosuppressed,catching this virus would be certain death. I decided that is NOT the way I want to go and that I would CTB immediately on diagnosis.
Anyone else in a similar position?

• Love
Reactions: Fragile and Painpleasure
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
As someone who is immunosuppressed,catching this virus would be certain death. I decided that is NOT the way I want to go and that I would CTB immediately on diagnosis.

i'm in the same position.
i have some bad chronic health issues that affect many parts of my body including my lungs, i'm a smoker and i'm addicted to some substances. the moment that i get a positive diagnose for corona i'm taking my N, dying from that virus is not a good way to go and it would be excruciatingly painful given my situation. might as well die peacefully before the complications from the virus put me in a ICU bed.

• Love
Reactions: Painpleasure, not-2-b-the-answer and kkatt
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
When this corona virus first happended, it wasn't that bad, at least where I lived, most places were still open and such. Now a lot of places are closed and all these social distancing measures are just blah. I mean, I'm not fond of people, but this is just making people more paranoid. What's worse, I fear is that this will probably be at least six months or more before things start to get back to normal. If they do.

Reactions: FusRohDracarys and not-2-b-the-answer
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Parade rehearsal during covid-19 pandemic.
Suicide division marching.
Somewhere near Moscow.

• Wow
Reactions: Sensei and not-2-b-the-answer
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
When this corona virus first happended, it wasn't that bad, at least where I lived, most places were still open and such. Now a lot of places are closed and all these social distancing measures are just blah. I mean, I'm not fond of people, but this is just making people more paranoid. What's worse, I fear is that this will probably be at least six months or more before things start to get back to normal. If they do.
Yeah you're just in the beginning of how it was like this in NY in February

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy
Painpleasure

Painpleasure

Student
Apr 9, 2019
My sister is immuno depressed and it would bring considerable pleasure for me to witness her slow and painful demise should she catch Coronavirus. I wish she catches Coronavirus and dies from it. She has directly caused the pain and suffering I currently experience and she is completely indifferent to my condition. I will simply smile as she coughs her lungs out, hopefully with blood, as she lays on her death bed.

My other sister is a darling and I would be utterly devastated should she die for whatever reason.
i'm in the same position.
i have some bad chronic health issues that affect many parts of my body including my lungs, i'm a smoker and i'm addicted to some substances. the moment that i get a positive diagnose for corona i'm taking my N, dying from that virus is not a good way to go and it would be excruciatingly painful given my situation. might as well die peacefully before the complications from the virus put me in a ICU bed.
I hope you never have to experience the pain caused by Coronavirus. I resonate with chronic health problems and I realise not many people understand our struggles.

Last edited: