• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BipolarExpat

BipolarExpat

Accomplished faker
May 30, 2019
A book series

I don't know if Neale Donald Walsch's books have given anyone comfort here or not, but they used to provide me with some.

Here are some quotes from Book 3:

Quotes:
  • "Everything that has happened in your life has happened perfectly in order for you—and all the souls involved with you—to grow in exactly the way you've needed and wanted to grow" - Page 3
  • "You must learn to be gentle with yourself. And stop judging yourself" - Page 3
  • "Truth is truth, and it can neither be proven nor disproven. It simply is" - Page 4
  • "Only when you require no approval from outside yourself can you own yourself" - Page 4
  • "There is no devil" - Page 6
  • "Happiness is a state of mind. And like all states of mind, it reproduces itself in physical form" - Page 15
  • "Whatever you choose for yourself, give to another" - Page 17
  • "When you die, you do not stop creating" - Page 58
  • "the reason you do not stop creating when you die is that you don't even die. You cannot. For you are life itself. And life cannot not be life. Therefore you cannot die" - Page 58
  • "In the physical life there might be a lapse between thought and experience. In the spirit's realm there is no lapse; results are instantaneous" - Page 60
  • "Everything that occurs—everything that has occurred, is occurring, and ever will occur—is the outward physical manifestation of your innermost thoughts, choices, ideas, and determinations regarding Who You Are and Who You Choose to Be" - Page 68
  • "Nothing in the universe occurs by accident. There is no such thing as an 'accident,' nor is there any such thing as 'coincidence' " - Page 96
  • "There is nowhere to go, nothing to do, and no one you have to 'be' except exactly who you're being right now" - Page 103
  • "The truth is that there is no journey. You are right now what you are attempting to be. You are right now where you are attempting to go" - 103
  • "The more you act on your intuition fearlessly the more your intuition will serve you" - Page 114
  • "To be psychic, you've got to be out of your mind" - Page 115
  • "Every feeling you've ever had resides in your soul. Your soul is the sum total of all your feelings" - Page 115
  • "Whatever you cause another to experience, you will one day experience" - Page 120
  • "People will always believe in hell, and in a God who would send them there, as long as they believe that God is like man—ruthless, self-serving, unforgiving, and vengeful" - Page 127
  • "No experience is visited upon any soul against the soul's will" - Page 140
  • "No soul dies—ever" - Page 141
  • "Death is never an end, but always a beginning" - Page 143
  • "Nothing is permanent. All is changing. In every instant. In every moment" - Page 144
  • "Enlightenment begins with acceptance, without judgment of "what is" - Page 150
  • "There is nothing ignoble, or unholy, about having sex. You have to get that idea out of your mind, and out of your culture" - Page 155
  • "The soul is lightness and freedom. It is also peace and joy. It is also limitlessness and painlessness; perfect wisdom and perfect love - Page 159
  • "Smile a lot. It will cure whatever ails you" - Page 163
  • "...the silences hold the secrets. And the sweetest sound is the sound of silence. This is the song of the soul" - Page 165
  • "If you believe the noises of the world, rather than the silences of your soul, you will be lost" - Page 165
  • "The soul is larger than the body. It is not carried within the body, but carries the body within it" - Page 173
  • "Your life was never meant to be a struggle, and doesn't have to be, now or ever" - Page 184
  • "Love is that which is unlimited. There is no beginning and no end to it. No before and no after. Love always was, always is, and always will be" - Page 206
  • "There is only one sacred promise—and that is to tell and live your truth. All other promises are forfeitures of freedom, and that can never be sacred" - Page 210
  • "Until you can create your future, you cannot predict your future. Until you can predict your future, you cannot promise anything truthfully about it" - Page 211
On a...common topic:

Excerpt #1 - The Morality of Suicide!
Will You speak to me now of something that is troubling me ? Ineed to talk about suicide. Why is there such a taboo against the ending of one's life?

Indeed, why is there?

You mean it's not wrong to kill yourself?

The question cannot be answered to your satisfaction, because the question itself contains two false concepts; it is based on two false assumptions; it contains two errors.
The first false assumption is that there is such a thing as "right" and "wrong." The second false assumption is that killing is possible. Your question itself, therefore, disintegrates the moment it is dissected.

"Right" and "wrong" are philosophical polarities in a human value system which have nothing to do with ultimate reality—a point which I have made repeatedly throughout this dialogue. They are, furthermore, not even constant constructs within your own system, but rather, values which keep shifting from time to time.

You are doing the shifting, changing your mind about these values as it suits you (which rightly you should, as evolving beings), yet insisting at each step along the way that you haven't done this, and that it is your unchanging values which form the core of your society's integrity. You have thus built your society on a paradox. You keep changing your values, all the while proclaiming that it is unchanging values which you . . . well, value!

The answer to the problems presented by this paradox is not to throw cold water on the sand in an attempt to make it concrete, but to celebrate the shifting of the sand. Celebrate its beauty while it holds itself in the shape of your castle, but then also celebrate the new form and shape it takes as the tide comes in.

Celebrate the shifting sands as they form the new mountains you would climb, and atop which—and with which—you will build your new castles. Yet understand that these mountains and these castles are monuments to change, not to permanence.

Glorify what you are today, yet do not condemn what you were yesterday, nor preclude what you could become tomorrow.

Understand that "right" and "wrong" are figments of your imagination, and that "okay" and "not okay" are merely announcements of your latest preferences and imaginings.

For example, on the question of ending one's life, it is the current imagining of the majority of people on your planet that it is "not okay" to do that.

Similarly, many of you still insist that it is not okay to assist another who wishes to end his or her life.

In both cases you say this should be "against the law." You have come to this conclusion, presumably, because the ending of the life occurs relatively quickly. Actions which end a life over a somewhat longer period of time are not against the law, even though they achieve the same result.

Thus, if a person in your society kills himself with a gun, his family members lose insurance benefits. If he does so with cigarettes, they do not.

If a doctor assists you in your suicide, it is called manslaughter, while if a tobacco company does, it is called commerce.

With you, it seems to be merely a question of time. The legality of self-destruction—the "rightness" or "wrongness" of it—seems to have much to do with how quickly the deed is done, as well as who is doing it. The faster the death, the more "wrong" it seems to be. The slower the death, the more it slips into "okayness."
Interestingly, this is the exact opposite of what a truly humane society would conclude. By any reasonable definition of what you would call "humane," the shorter the death, the better. Yet your society punishes those who would seek to do the humane thing, and rewards those who would do the insane.

It is insane to think that endless suffering is what God requires, and that a quick, humane end to the suffering is "wrong."
"Punish the humane, reward the insane."
This is a motto which only a society of beings with limited understanding could embrace.

So you poison your system by inhaling carcinogens, you poison your system by eating food treated with chemicals that over the long run kill you, and you poison your system by breathing air which you have continually polluted. You poison your system in a hundred different ways over a thousand different moments, and you do this knowing these substances are no good for you. But because it takes a longer time for them to kill you, you commit suicide with impunity.

If you poison yourself with something that works faster, you are said to have done something against moral law.

Link: http://www.inner-growth.info/conversations_with_god/conversations_with_god_book3.htm

Book 1

It is your life story which brought you here. It is your personal experience to which this material has relevance.
· The Foundation: I talk to everyone. All the time. The question is not to whom do I talk, but who listens?
· My most common form of communication is through feeling.
· Feeling is the language of the soul.
· I also communicate with thought.
· I often use images and pictures.
· I also use the vehicle of experience as a grand communicator.
· Words are really the least effective communicator. They are most open to misinterpretation, most often misunderstood.
· Words may help you understand something. Experience allows you to know.
· ..not all feelings, not all thoughts, not all experience, and not all words are from Me.
· The challenge is one of discernment.
· Discrimination is a simple matter with the application of a basic rule:
Mine is always your Highest Thought, your Clearest Word, your Grandest Feeling. Anything less is from another source.
· The Highest Thought is always that thought which contains joy. The Clearest Words are those words which contain truth. The Grandest Feeling is that feeling which you call love.
· Joy, Truth, Love.
· …the only question remaining is whether My messages will be heeded.
· Most of My messages are not. Some, because they seem too difficult to follow. Many, because they are simply misunderstood. Most, because they are not received.
· The result of your not listening to our experience is that you keep re-living it, over and over again. For My purpose will not be thwarted, nor My will be ignored. You will get the message. Sooner or later.
· I will not force you to, however. I will never coerce you.
· You will know these words are from Me because you, of your own accord, have never spoken so clearly.
· All people are special, and all moments are golden. There is no person and there is no time one more special than another.
· By listening to what other people think they heard Me say, you don't have to think at all.
· This is the biggest reason for most people turning from My messages on a personal level. If you acknowledge that you are receiving My messages directly, then you are responsible for interpreting them.
· I invite you to a new form of communication with God. A two – way communication.
· Obviously, there is something you don't understand.
· I cannot tell you My Truth until you stop telling Me yours.
· Leaders, Ministers, Rabbis, Priests, Books. The Bible, for heaven's sake!
· …what is?
· Listen to your feelings. Listen to your Highest Thoughts. Listen to your experience. Whenever any one of these differ from what you've been told by your teachers, or read in your books, forget the words.
· Words are the least reliable purveyor of Truth.

If any of this gives even one of you a modicum of relief, it's worth it.

If it tees you off and makes you grimace with discomfort, I apologize.

Attachments

• F39CD14F-51EE-4CA2-8644-4E5F7E581396.png
    F39CD14F-51EE-4CA2-8644-4E5F7E581396.png
    534.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Thanks for sharing. It's nice to read on the surface...and then I remember real life in the physical world isn't nearly that simple. I'm way behind financially for my age and no amount of smiling or thinking my highest and grandest thought is going to change that.

It's God's obsession with money and basically the inherent law of it leading to a better life, or even just a life at all is what I hate. All of this would make sense if not for that. If you could actually just wake up and start anew. But instead, money issues can absolutely drown you and any of these nice thoughts.

Reactions: Beautifulletdown
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
I don't wish to offend any religious types on here but personally l think God is a Liar a Thief and a Charlatan and l want nothing to do do with the (Rude Word)!!!

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Religion is not a practical tool for the purpose of improving your material prosperity. It's about the big picture of what happens afterwards, and what you should do to not mess up your immortal aspects in the long term. The way that the quotes in OP are phrased show this indirectly, but don't state it explicitly. I think modern Christianity is really bad at getting this point across. Instead people are vaguely lead to believe that they should pray to God for health, money and popularity and then feel betrayed when God doesn't send them any. I'm originally from a non-Christian country so it's extra obvious to me how silly the average westerner's attitude towards relgion is.

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
A religion that emphasizes the material tends to be difficult to distinguish from many occult practices, like magic (what you have to do to get what you want). When you add into the mix those who seek to exploit or enrich themselves at the expense of others, these "religions" can be frustrating to the point of anger.

The citations given by BipolarExpat do not seem to emphasize the material. They seem to point to or approximate truth. Truths are important because we can use them to build a foundation for our life. A child might have an experience that gives him an valuable truth like "the stove can be hot".

When truths can be obtained without our own painful experiences, it can be much more advantages than having to experience each truth for ourselves. When we construct a foundation for our life with truths, some may turn out to be in error or incomplete. As these are replaced or modified, our life grows closer to real truth.

Some may balk at a truth that reveals a personal deficiency such as pride or even greed. However, these truths can be the most useful as, if we can accept them, we might move forward in a new and more positive direction.

Life is not so much about being right or wrong, than it is about growing in an increasingly healthy direction and letting go of that which has hindered us in the past. In a way, life is about daily renewal and being renewed in such a way that truth increasingly accumulated.

BipolarExpat has shared many of the truths he has found significant. This is a generous gift. When you share that which has helped you, it is an offering that others may take nuggets of truth that they might find useful.

Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
Stopped reading after he said God spoke to him. I'm sure the book has good messages but dood ain't Jesus. Guess you sell more books if the content is from the man himself.

Reactions: Makko