• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

escape_from_hell

Student
Feb 22, 2024
When I was very young and the internet was first becoming popular in the late 1990s, I found an online IQ test one of the first times using a computer.

The questions seemed like ones you would see on any IQ test. There were maybe 5-10 questions per page you'd answer before clicking 'next' to answer more. I kept diligently answering the questions, thinking I was doing okay and eager to see my score. So I would keep clicking and clicking. Eventually, I noticed the test was really taking a long time. It did not say how many questions or pages there were.

I was young and did not have a ton of experience with computers, but already I had encountered buggy websites and pages not loading properly. So I had even restarted the test, and kept going and going. I cannot remember exactly but there was some type of button to 'give up' or stop but there was something written encouraging you to answer as many questions as possible for better results, warning you would not get a proper or lower score or something like that.

Once you 'gave up' it turned out the test was a prank. Your IQ score was higher the earlier you caught on and gave up, and lower the longer you continued with the futile game. I was pretty embarrassed at how long I went.

Sometimes I wonder if this is what my or all of our lives all. Some kind of prank IQ test. We will die and wake up to cosmic beings laughing at us: "Dude, you went for 70 years!? Hahaha, what the fuck is wrong with you lol. I left at 8 it was so obvious!"