• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
I have been considering rail suicide for a while for a couple of reasons. What do you all think about it?

1. Ease of access is a big factor for anyone considering this method to ctb. For me personally, I can only overcome SI when i'm feeling extremely down / impulsive and emotional. It helps knowing it is a possibility always available to me at any time. I don't need to buy anything or hide anything.

2. Guaranteed Death??? This study claims that nearly 80% of attempts are fatal. Does anyone know any specifics on how to ctb by this method to ensure death? I'm guessing the best way would be to lay down on the tracks with your neck over the rails. But i'm still not sure about how much it'll hurt or which way I should orient myself to ensure death. What speed does the train need to be going? is there a chance that the train might mangle you instead of cleanly cutting your neck after you get sucked under? etc

There are a few disadvantages though...

1. Societal implications if you care. I don't think I need to explain this one. This page goes into depth on the effect it has on train drivers but anecdotally, I know that whoever experiences it has a significant chance of receiving trauma. Personally, I lost any drive to care about the consequences a while ago but maybe some of you think there are better ways to ctb which are similar to rail suicide.

2. Possibility of living the rest of your life without limbs. That sounds like hell :'(. I plan on lying in a fetal position with my neck over the tracks so hopefully my legs don't get sliced first if at all.

Given that i'm most likely going to choose this method in the upcoming weeks, any additional information is always appreciated.

Last edited:
cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Wait, is it just 80%? I thought it was way higher.

This is the only method I have available as well, but seeing all the potential risks that come with it just keeps pushing me farther and farther away.

iLikeFrogs

iLikeFrogs

In the grippy socks jail
May 5, 2023
It's my dream method. I think I'll try it again but I'm really scared of someone talking me out of it again. It was a weird experience ngl

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
I considered this method when I was desperate and even stood near the tracks to see for myself how I would proceed. What I concluded is that you either stand in front of the train while it moving in high speed or what you suggest laying on the tracks. I found the window were you can successfully ctb to be very short, but that all depends on location.

In my case I would have to basically hide and run out to the track upon hearing the train incoming, which would feel spontaneous and SI taking over is high. I would like to come to peace with myself and in the right mood and not act of spontaneous desperation.

Laying already on the track could be problematic since if someone spots you police would be notified and any train on the track halted. The train engineer would also have a chance to spot you from far away. But this depends on location, but tracks are often open and you would easily detected in a not rural location.

Guaranteed Death??? This study claims that nearly 80% of attempts are fatal. Does anyone know any specifics on how to ctb by this method to ensure death? I'm guessing the best way would be to lay down on the tracks with your neck over the rails. But i'm still not sure about how much it'll hurt or which way I should orient myself to ensure death. What speed does the train need to be going? is there a chance that the train might mangle you instead of cleanly cutting your neck after you get sucked under? etc

If you lay with your neck at the track the speed is not an issue, it could roll at 5 mph and still slice your neck, the forces here are tremendous. Pain would not be an issue since it out of your control after being decapitated, if there's any pain it would be very momentarily.

1. Societal implications if you care. I don't think I need to explain this one. This page goes into depth on the effect it has on train drivers but anecdotally, I know that whoever experiences it has a significant chance of receiving trauma. Personally, I lost any drive to care about the consequences a while ago but maybe some of you think there are better ways to ctb which are similar to rail suicide.

This is my main reasons not to recommend this method to anyone, being suicidal has giving me great empathy to those who are suffering and giving me a new perspective I wouldn't have otherwise. I considered this method upon desperation, but seriously planning ctb and writing letters I came to the conclusion that another method is needed. Who am I to involve an innocent bystander the weapons of my own destruction. Who am I to exchange my pain to another innocent human being whose only crime is showing up to work on the wrong day. What if they ultimately take their own life out of guilt?

I'm pro choice but that doesn't gives me the right to involve an innocent individual to forcefully participate in my own destruction.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear but needs to be said, the engineers wellbeing is just as valid as your own.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
I would never risk just getting hit by a train but train decapitation is a method I fantasize about sometimes like if every other method failed. I think train decapitation is fool proof it´s just like a guilotine not like people jumping in front of a train it´s like the wheel of fortune do they die instantly, cut in half or lose limbs no I would never risk that method.

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
It's my dream method. I think I'll try it again but I'm really scared of someone talking me out of it again. It was a weird experience ngl
Do you mind sharing what the experience was like? No pressure of course. I just want to be ready for anything and am genuinely interested.
Laying already on the track could be problematic since if someone spots you police would be notified and any train on the track halted. The train engineer would also have a chance to spot you from far away. But this depends on location, but tracks are often open and you would easily detected in a not rural location.

If you lay with your neck at the track the speed is not an issue, it could roll at 5 mph and still slice your neck, the forces here are tremendous. Pain would not be an issue since it out of your control after being decapitated, if there's any pain it would be very momentarily.
Thanks for the insight! Personally, I have more than enough time to lie on the tracks without interruption. The tracks here have a long history already! Also I am aware that with my respective train system I haven't heard of anyone surviving but of many people dying. That isn't what concerns me mostly. But what i'm more concerned about is the fact that the trains here have bumpers in front of them? I don't know what they are called. I can add a picture or something if you don't know what i'm talking about for clarification. But they seem very close to the tracks. I'm a pretty big person. I'm not sure if my neck will fit under there and i'm scared that if I hit it i'll fall out of position and then the death won't be as clear cut especially if the train is going slow. Once again the goal is no pain or as little as possible.
This is my main reasons not to recommend this method to anyone, being suicidal has giving me great empathy to those who are suffering and giving me a new perspective I wouldn't have otherwise. I considered this method upon desperation, but seriously planning ctb and writing letters I came to the conclusion that another method is needed. Who am I to involve an innocent bystander the weapons of my own destruction. Who am I to exchange my pain to another innocent human being whose only crime is showing up to work on the wrong day. What if they ultimately take their own life out of guilt?

I'm pro choice but that doesn't gives me the right to involve an innocent individual to forcefully participate in my own destruction.

This is probably not what you wanted to hear but needs to be said, the engineers wellbeing is just as valid as your own.
I used to have this same view and I fully empathize with it. I already know that many people who are close to me such as family, friends, and people I know will mourn my death regardless because they have told me that themselves. It doesn't change the fact I want to ctb. I don't see any reason to think some harm to others is fine if I ctb this way but no, if I choose something a little more devastating that is wrong. It's not something I think about when thinking about methods.
Wait, is it just 80%? I thought it was way higher.

This is the only method I have available as well, but seeing all the potential risks that come with it just keeps pushing me farther and farther away.
I am inclined to believe the ones who fail do so because they try to ctb in a reckless way. Like jumping in front of the train last second and hoping they get killed the right way or wandering aimlessly on the tracks. Remember, a lot of people who ctb aren't thinking rationally. I'd be pleased to see any other data showing fatality rate based on the position of the victim but I haven't found anything as of now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4am and davidtorez
etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
I have been considering rail suicide for a while for a couple of reasons. What do you all think about it?

1. Ease of access is a big factor for anyone considering this method to ctb. For me personally, I can only overcome SI when i'm feeling extremely down / impulsive and emotional. It helps knowing it is a possibility always available to me at any time. I don't need to buy anything or hide anything.

2. Guaranteed Death??? This study claims that nearly 80% of attempts are fatal. Does anyone know any specifics on how to ctb by this method to ensure death? I'm guessing the best way would be to lay down on the tracks with your neck over the rails. But i'm still not sure about how much it'll hurt or which way I should orient myself to ensure death. What speed does the train need to be going? is there a chance that the train might mangle you instead of cleanly cutting your neck after you get sucked under? etc

2. Possibility of living the rest of your life without limbs. That sounds like hell :'(. I plan on lying in a fetal position with my neck over the tracks so hopefully my legs don't get sliced first if at all.

Given that i'm most likely going to choose this method in the upcoming weeks, any additional information is always appreciated.
Too big of a risk of turning into a vegetable... not worth it.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I don't see how placing one's neck on a RR track would only provide an 80% chance of death. I do think that lying in wait on the tracks for a train to come can reduce your chances of success. The only way I see this method working is to be "hiding" somewhere near the tracks, perhaps in bushes near the side of the tracks, and waiting until a train is getting very close, until finally coming out of the bushes and immediately going to the tracks and placing one's neck on a rail. That way you don't give the engineer as much time to spot you and possibly stop the train, nor do you give anyone else (railroad cops) time to spot you. Also, I think darkness would provide the best chance for this method to work. I'm going to refrain from commenting on any trauma that *may* be inflicted onto the engineer and crew.

Reactions: ieatcrayons and 4am
ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
I don't see how placing one's neck on a RR track would only provide an 80% chance of death. I do think that lying in wait on the tracks for a train to come can reduce your chances of success. The only way I see this method working is to be "hiding" somewhere near the tracks, perhaps in bushes near the side of the tracks, and waiting until a train is getting very close, until finally coming out of the bushes and immediately going to the tracks and placing one's neck on a rail. That way you don't give the engineer as much time to spot you and possibly stop the train, nor do you give anyone else (railroad cops) time to spot you. Also, I think darkness would provide the best chance for this method to work. I'm going to refrain from commenting on any trauma that *may* be inflicted onto the engineer and crew.
You are right. The study I linked showed that bystanders intervening accounted for 7% of all cases and they counted it as a "failed attempt". Which would bring it up to 85%ish. I do plan on using this method at night though so there's less of a chance I get caught and less of a chance the conductor can see me.

Too big of a risk of turning into a vegetable... not worth it.
I respectfully disagree with you. Almost all methods have crazy risks involved such as organ failure, brain damage, physical trauma etc... If done properly the chance of severed limbs seems to be nearly nil. That being said, I understand how the thought of failure with this method would seem far more icky than others. Well, if I survive i'll admit you're right haha.
Terrible method. No one has the right to traumatise and ruin someone else's life.
I didn't want this thread to derail (pun unintended haha) into a debate surrounding the ethics of rail suicide as it is a personal preference for most. But I genuinely don't understand how it's unfair to traumatize the engineers and conductors but not the police officers who would find your body hanging or the poor soul that finds you with your brains blown out. I know that these events aren't proportional in harm but then at what point is doing this harm okay or not?

Reactions: helicoptero
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
law enforcement is told ahead of time theres a dead body and its gruesome and trained to handle it, train conductors are literally operating the vehicle that may kill the person. it is not the same at fucking all to be on a clean up/investigation crew vs being the person who suddenly feels directly responsible no matter how many times they can tell themselves theyre not. if someone suddenly jumped in front of your car and offed themselves, you can tell yourself over and over youre not a murderer and you may not be, but your vehicle that you were operating was in fact the thing that took their life and you had to forcibly witness it. its not fucking okay to traumatize train conductors just because its a quick easy method. youve potentially ruined someone elses life just to end yours. when does the cycle of pain stop? there's no reason to make your last moments someone elses personal hell

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
I agree that the chances of you being screwed up are LOW. But you still need to come to acceptance that there is the chance of you surviving and being absolutely mutilated. Like any major decision, you need to come to acceptance with any possible setbacks that come your way. The same way you'd acknowledge all the risks before getting married or doing a major business decision, the same way with suicide. You need to accept the risk of failure. You can't just stick your head in the ground and hope you're the lucky one. You're more likely to be lucky but again, it circles back: there's still the chance. If that screws up your chances to attempt again, you're in seriously bad luck. When thinking about probability, I like to think about it like a wheel. Like that wheel in GTA where you get random prizes and shit. You can be on the unlucky part of the wheel. Huge rant, I'm sorry you're a victim of my big paragraph LOL I've been pondering so much about whether I want to suicide because I can't accept the possibility of fucking myself up and having to live with it
No need to be sorry. I understand your POV completely. I also strayed away from this method for a while because I REALLY REALLY don't want to end up without limbs. That world scares me greatly. But doesn't every ctb method have extreme risks? Would you not be scared of going brain dead by hanging in case a branch snaps? What about shooting yourself and ending up being a vegetable? Correct me if i'm wrong but you seem to be scared of the risks of ctb in general. I'm glad that it does scare you. These things should for healthy people. For me though, its something that my suicidal state has overcome on its own though.

law enforcement is told ahead of time theres a dead body and its gruesome and trained to handle it, train conductors are literally operating the vehicle that may kill the person. it is not the same at fucking all to be on a clean up/investigation crew vs being the person who suddenly feels directly responsible no matter how many times they can tell themselves theyre not. if someone suddenly jumped in front of your car and offed themselves, you can tell yourself over and over youre not a murderer and you may not be, but your vehicle that you were operating was in fact the thing that took their life and you had to forcibly witness it. its not fucking okay to traumatize train conductors just because its a quick easy method. youve potentially ruined someone elses life just to end yours. when does the cycle of pain stop? there's no reason to make your last moments someone elses personal hell
It's not more true at all that clean up crews are "trained" to experience death more than a train driver is. I'm lucky that in my area rail suicide is common enough that most conductors are given decent (not decent enough) compensation for traumatic experiences. Most clean up crews are full of ordinary people that need to pay their bills. Even though I understand your sentiment, once again, at what point is doing damage okay? All ctb does damage to some extent. I've been living a long time with the urge to ctb, and one of the reasons i've decided not to do anything as of now is because of the societal implications of doing so. But what if that guilt doesn't make one feel worse anymore? People who commit rail suicide don't want to go out in this way. It's gruesome and prone to failure. But I can't see how we can dismiss every single event along the way and blame the victim. Especially with the stigma surrounding ctb.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
wtf do you think "clean up crew" in this context implies theyre cleaning up. thats their job: the aftermath. it is not a train conductors job (nor should it ever be) to know how to deal with killing someone. there are ways to go out that dont directly fuck up other peoples lives

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024

Careful with this method. You may traumatize many people. Along with the risks being profuse. Also everyone wants to be a hero nowadays , imagine it got recorded. Even after death….
so don't let someone see you hanging around the tracks. I guess if they pull out their cell phones, or try to stop you by force that's a reflection of themselves. Just some stuff to consider though.
Whatever you do, I wish you peace. ☮️

M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
No offense. this is politically incorrect. I don't care if other people are traumatized by this method. The reason is if there would be other legal methods like N that are available for every adult above 20 years old, then this method would be immoral.
I AM NOT FOR THIS CTN NY TRAIN METHOD.

Also access to N and a real method has shown that about half of people would take it. Some want to have an exit option available all the time. But the continue so their life ends naturally.

Reactions: divinemistress36
noctilucent

noctilucent

Apr 5, 2024
Been lurking for a while and finally made an account so I could comment here. I live incredibly close to a track and every time I hear the horns going off I think about it. It's hard not to.

I've been talked out of it previously based on the impact it'll have on the driver and any passerby who may see me. Sometimes I can't bring myself to care about these things, so I understand your perspective, but other times it stops me from thinking about it.

My main concern other than that is that if I fail, get spotted, the train slows down in time, etc. that I'll be fined heavily for "tresspassing." I can't afford that. If anyone in the thread reading this knows of stories about that sort of outcome, I'd be interested to hear.

I saw your concerns about being bigger as well, which is something that would affect me too that I hadn't considered. My plan was always to lay along the outside with only my neck on the track and only put my upper body at risk. I don't know if that would even be effective, but if it would, I wouldn't have to worry about losing limbs or anything.

That all being said, it's sort of a Plan C last resort method in my opinion.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
The idea that it doesn't matter about others because society banned N is completely messed up.

The stop making N was a commercial decision... but pentobarbital is still made by others. Even if people had it at home, most still wouldn't use it anyway. People use it as an excuse, there's plenty of methods out there. Society has made suicide easier, not harder. Drugs literally flood our cities and towns.

There is never justification for innocent people to see a body in 400 pieces from a train collision.

E

EternalWinter

Bad company, ‘til the day I die
Apr 4, 2024
It's not difficult to acquire a nitrogen bottle and regulator in most places. You basically just fall asleep. Make sure you're sitting somewhere stable, you'd be surprised how unruly a body can be when it becomes limp.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023

We believe the deceased have no concerns. You do you, don't bother yourself with the concerns of others.

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
It's not difficult to acquire a nitrogen bottle and regulator in most places. You basically just fall asleep. Make sure you're sitting somewhere stable, you'd be surprised how unruly a body can be when it becomes limp.

This 100% this method is both more peaceful and much less traumatic on the people who will have to deal with your remains. It also gives you the opportunity to do it at your own pace and not around a train schedule.

I will say it again, train are for the desperate who has no other way or in a rush. If you have the time and means, there are no excuse to inflict horrible trauma on innocent bystanders.

We believe the deceased have no concerns. You do you, don't bother yourself with the concerns of others.

Don't include me in your philosophy, i may forsaken my own life but I haven't forsaken my morale.

ieatcrayons

ieatcrayons

Apr 5, 2024
Just to address the people who like to cry about the "trauma" rail suicide causes or whatever, we know.... Pretty much no matter how one ctb's they will always do harm. Don't tell yourself that this fact isn't true whether you hang yourself, go into the forest and shoot yourself, or get euthanized by the state. But if you all were such upstanding citizens and cared so much maybe you wouldn't ctb. Now i'm not saying that I don't feel terrible for the trauma caused by rail suicide or any suicide in general, but it seems very hypocritical for this forum out of all places to be critical of rail suicide and the hurt you need to be in to reach that point when they themselves can't tolerate life.

Been lurking for a while and finally made an account so I could comment here. I live incredibly close to a track and every time I hear the horns going off I think about it. It's hard not to.

I've been talked out of it previously based on the impact it'll have on the driver and any passerby who may see me. Sometimes I can't bring myself to care about these things, so I understand your perspective, but other times it stops me from thinking about it.

My main concern other than that is that if I fail, get spotted, the train slows down in time, etc. that I'll be fined heavily for "tresspassing." I can't afford that. If anyone in the thread reading this knows of stories about that sort of outcome, I'd be interested to hear.

I saw your concerns about being bigger as well, which is something that would affect me too that I hadn't considered. My plan was always to lay along the outside with only my neck on the track and only put my upper body at risk. I don't know if that would even be effective, but if it would, I wouldn't have to worry about losing limbs or anything.

That all being said, it's sort of a Plan C last resort method in my opinion.
Thanks for the insight! I also live close to a track and it's really tempting haha. Personally, I am going to ctb near a rail crossing near a roadway. That way I can stand on pedestrian pathways until the train arrives and then I can ctb just a little off the road. I would recommend you either do it at the station or somewhere with pedestrian access if you plan to ctb this way. Don't risk getting caught. It's too stressful and you're risking too much. You should not be stressed in your final moments. Make your decision to ctb with clarity and confidence.

I also don't recommend only putting your head on the tracks. There's a chance that it might not cleanly cut your head off and instead you might go flying depending on how low the train is which will hurt unless you get knocked out. You might not die either depending on how open the tracks are. I need to do more research but I plan on lying in a fetal position with my neck on the tracks closest to the train. That way even if it does hurt there is no way i'm surviving. I'm getting sucked under.

I'm glad that this is your plan C. It was mine as well. Unfortunately the people around me know about my past attempts so buying materials is not something I can do and additionally, I can't tolerate living. ctbing by train is gruesome, reckless, and destructive. Not just to yourself but others as well. But after all your other attempts fail, it doesn't feel so bad.

The idea that it doesn't matter about others because society banned N is completely messed up.

The stop making N was a commercial decision... but pentobarbital is still made by others. Even if people had it at home, most still wouldn't use it anyway. People use it as an excuse, there's plenty of methods out there. Society has made suicide easier, not harder. Drugs literally flood our cities and towns.

There is never justification for innocent people to see a body in 400 pieces from a train collision.
Not everyone has money, has access to "drugs", has the motivation to even leave their bed and approach other people?? It shocks me that the people on this forum cry and bitch about their issues all the time but can't sympathize with the plights of their peers. Truly, everyone on this forum is going through something or the other. Try to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: divinemistress36
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Just to address the people who like to cry about the "trauma" rail suicide causes or whatever, we know.... Pretty much no matter how one ctb's they will always do harm. Don't tell yourself that this fact isn't true whether you hang yourself, go into the forest and shoot yourself, or get euthanized by the state. But if you all were such upstanding citizens and cared so much maybe you wouldn't ctb. Now i'm not saying that I don't feel terrible for the trauma caused by rail suicide or any suicide in general, but it seems very hypocritical for this forum out of all places to be critical of rail suicide and the hurt you need to be in to reach that point when they themselves can't tolerate life.

Thanks for the insight! I also live close to a track and it's really tempting haha. Personally, I am going to ctb near a rail crossing near a roadway. That way I can stand on pedestrian pathways until the train arrives and then I can ctb just a little off the road. I would recommend you either do it at the station or somewhere with pedestrian access if you plan to ctb this way. Don't risk getting caught. It's too stressful and you're risking too much. You should not be stressed in your final moments. Make your decision to ctb with clarity and confidence.

I also don't recommend only putting your head on the tracks. There's a chance that it might not cleanly cut your head off and instead you might go flying depending on how low the train is which will hurt unless you get knocked out. You might not die either depending on how open the tracks are. I need to do more research but I plan on lying in a fetal position with my neck on the tracks closest to the train. That way even if it does hurt there is no way i'm surviving. I'm getting sucked under.

I'm glad that this is your plan C. It was mine as well. Unfortunately the people around me know about my past attempts so buying materials is not something I can do and additionally, I can't tolerate living. ctbing by train is gruesome, reckless, and destructive. Not just to yourself but others as well. But after all your other attempts fail, it doesn't feel so bad.

Not everyone has money, has access to "drugs", has the motivation to even leave their bed and approach other people?? It shocks me that the people on this forum cry and bitch about their issues all the time but can't sympathize with the plights of their peers. Truly, everyone on this forum is going through something or the other. Try to give people the benefit of the doubt.
To prevent people jumping in front of trains is what we are here for. To share knowledge on reliable peaceful methods that doesn't traumatise a train full of passengers and the staff who clean up the mess.

Reactions: Forveleth
S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
if someone suddenly jumped in front of your car and offed themselves, you can tell yourself over and over youre not a murderer and you may not be, but your vehicle that you were operating was in fact the thing that took their life and you had to forcibly witness it.
This happened to me about 15 years ago. Not an attempt, just a drunk who made a stupid misjudgement and jumped Infront of my car. I still don't know what happened to them in the end (police wouldn't tell me, just got a letter months later saying they weren't taking any further action). It never leaves you. I still get occasional flashbacks of the body hitting and rolling over the car. I'm sure it's the same for train drivers who get caught up in anything like this 😥

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023

honestly 80% is really high