NeverReallyHere

NeverReallyHere

Mar 15, 2021
Murder is either acceptable or not acceptable. The difference between you ctbing or you taking someone elses life seems to be hypocritical and attempting to justify an act that you would classify as ok in one situation and not okay in another. It's a difficult thing to come to terms with and i'll im saying is I get it.
I don't want to seem like I'm having a go or anything, but are you really unable to see the clear ethical difference between taking one's own life and taking someone else's?

• Love
Reactions: Sleeper System, Peerless_Cucumber, Adûnâi and 2 others
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
I wish my parents killed me before let say before 4 years old , you don't really know you are alive. You are not self aware yet.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sleeper System and Adûnâi
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Suicide is about a person's right to choose. I am unsympathetic to those who try to take away others people's rights, even if they have good intentions. Forcing someone to die is a lot like forcing them to live, in that way.
100%

• Love
Reactions: Sleeper System, Adûnâi and Slow_Farewell
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
My response is quite short and simple, to decide the fate of others is to take that decision out of their hands and into your own it would be no difference from someone stopping you from making your choice to exit this world and keeping you here for their own reasons no matter how much you are suffering, can anybody on this forum agree that this is what they would want, I very much doubt it as we ( or most of us ) are here because we at least have that choice and are free to do so.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Peerless_Cucumber and Tears in Rain
DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
The condrumn you found yourself in philosophy of antinatalism is the decision you may have made to spawn sentient entities, children, into this world without their anticipatory consent or agreeing to their existence in the world that you have brought them into and the household they won't or are being raised in. Under social contract theory, you are obligated to be a parent and protect your children and family from harm, while preserving and respecting their free agency and autonomy.

You cannot discharge or rescind your obligations by foreclosing their lives by force or compulsion against their will under the premise that you believe that they would be better off dead, because you no longer own their lives and cannot lay a claim on their lives in depriving them of their liberty in the pursuit of their happiness, peace or freedom.

• Love
Reactions: Sleeper System, Adûnâi, Tears in Rain and 1 other person
P

Peerless_Cucumber

The one and only king of cucumbers
Feb 22, 2023
The way you call your potential children your seed is dehumanizing and awful. They're sentient beings once you've brought them into this world. Treat them as such. They deserve to make their own choice on wether they want to live or not. You don't get to take that away from them.

Reactions: Tears in Rain, Celerity and Sleeper System
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The condrumn you found yourself in philosophy of antinatalism
Anti-natalism is too late when the belly-dwellers have hatched, it's pro-mortalism time here (xd).

(I have translated an abominable Russian term пузожители.)

Reactions: Sleeper System
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Murder is either acceptable or not acceptable. The difference between you ctbing or you taking someone elses life seems to be hypocritical and attempting to justify an act that you would classify as ok in one situation and not okay in another. It's a difficult thing to come to terms with and i'll im saying is I get it.
Killing yourself is not at all like killing someone else aside from the verbiage. I genuinely don't understand how you can't see that. How could I possible be pro-choice and think I have a right to make that decision for someone else?

• Love
Reactions: Tears in Rain, Sleeper System and Adûnâi
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Killing yourself is not at all like killing someone else aside from the verbiage. I genuinely don't understand how you can't see that. How could I possible be pro-choice and think I have a right to make that decision for someone else?
That's your opinion. In some countries it's illegal to attempt suicide. The punishment is near the same as trying to murder someone else. The difference is that if you succeed in suicide, there is no one to prosecute.
I know what you're trying to get at and yes technically it's a little different but murder is stealing and destroying a life. Even if it's your own. I agree it's wrong. I'm just saying i can't fully condemn it because I could understand.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
That's your opinion. In some countries it's illegal to attempt suicide. The punishment is near the same as trying to murder someone else. The difference is that if you succeed in suicide, there is no one to prosecute.
I know what you're trying to get at and yes technically it's a little different but murder is stealing and destroying a life. Even if it's your own. I agree it's wrong. I'm just saying i can't fully condemn it because I could understand.
It's all nonsense anyway, good luck trying to rationalise this absurd existence. Human rights my ass. "Justice of the grave" © Arthas Menethil the emo king

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
My belief that murder is wrong is an opinion. Saying murder is acceptable is a logical contradiction of being pro-choice. Nothing you have shared here refutes that. Whatever your position on suicide, pro-choice isn't it. That is why you are getting such strong pushback here aside from the obvious.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
My belief that murder is wrong is an opinion. Saying murder is acceptable is a logical contradiction of being pro-choice. Nothing you have shared here refutes that. Whatever your position on suicide, pro-choice isn't it. That is why you are getting such strong pushback here aside from the obvious.
When did I claim to be pro-choice? Your entire point is lost if that's your foundation.
I only said that I can understand why someone would do it. Not that I would or could or want to.
It's not the sound thinking of someone being rational. but the flawed prospective of someone broken.
A human being trying to justify something in this absurd world.

• Love
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
When did I claim to be pro-choice? Your entire point is lost if that's your foundation.
I only said that I can understand why someone would do it. Not that I would or could or want to.
It's not the sound thinking of someone being rational. but the flawed prospective of someone broken.
A human being trying to justify something in this absurd world.
What then do you think gives you the right to kill yourself? Or is morality not even a consideration?

Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
What then do you think gives you the right to kill yourself? Or is morality not even a consideration?
I don't believe you need the right to do anything you want to do. If you want to do it then do it. We live in a world of actions and consequences and you will be judged based upon the current societal structure. That has never stopped anyone from doing anything in this world. It has however caused regret after the fact.

• Love
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
I don't believe you need the right to do anything you want to do. If you want to do it then do it. We live in a world of actions and consequences and you will be judged based upon the current societal structure. That has never stopped anyone from doing anything in this world. It has however caused regret after the fact.
I disagree with you. Guilt (or the ability to feel it) is the foundation of morality. The Catholics have it right for once. It has definitely stopped me from doing what I want. The fear of facing judgment has too. So you are essentially arguing for amorality. Yeah, the vast majority of people will never agree with that.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I disagree with you. Guilt (or the ability to feel it) is the foundation of morality. The Catholics have it right for once.
Guilt is only an emotion that happens in Western Eurasia among Christians. The Japanese will fuck you up as long as they are anonymous and won't suffer a hit to their reputation. And moralities are different all around the world. In Kenya, it will be considered evil NOT to mutilate your child. Humanity can go fuck itself. Along with the rest of the animal kingdom, I don't discriminate.

Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Guilt is only an emotion that happens in Western Eurasia among Christians. The Japanese will fuck you up as long as they are anonymous and won't suffer a hit to their reputation. And moralities are different all around the world. In Kenya, it will be considered evil NOT to mutilate your child. Humanity can go fuck itself. Along with the rest of the animal kingdom, I don't discriminate.
We all may have different practices and beliefs, and guilt may play a larger part in some morality systems than others, but I have never heard anyone claim that guilt isn't a universal emotion - with the notable exception of psychopaths. Even if I accept that the Japanese feel more shame than guilt per se, I still don't see how they could possibly be considered amoral.

• Love
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
We all may have different practices and beliefs, and guilt may play a larger part in some morality systems than others, but I have never heard anyone claim that guilt isn't a universal emotion - with the notable exception of psychopaths. Even if I accept that the Japanese feel more shame than guilt per se, I still don't see how they could possibly be considered amoral.
Guilt comes after the action doesn't it? People often say " I'd feel guilty doing that." referring to what they think they'll feel when all is said and done. but what if there is no AFTER for you to feel guilt about? Everyone is dead and no one is bound by any conscious.

• Love
Celerity

Celerity

Jan 24, 2021
Guilt comes after the action doesn't it? People often say " I'd feel guilty doing that." referring to what they think they'll feel when all is said and done. but what if there is no AFTER for you to feel guilt about? Everyone is dead and no one is bound by any conscious.
It is the ability to feel guilt or shame that motivates one to behave morally when they otherwise wouldn't. Do you feel guilt? No amount of telling myself that I'll never feel guilt again (because I'd be dead) would be enough to assuage my feelings of guilt. Even if I knew the day and the time down to the minute that I would die, it's not like guilt would suddenly become irrelevant. It's instinctual. You either feel guilty about the idea of hurting others, or you don't. My concern for others would not even allow me to contemplate the idea of killing my family before I die. It's not even an idea that's on the table. In that case, I guess we should speak more of desire. What could possibly motivate a sane, moral actor to do such a thing? I can't think of a motive that could possibly make sense.

• Love