J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
What do you guys think? Are hypoxia people conscious for their convulsions? How bad would this be? Is it just wretching?

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
If you do it right, you should have lost consciousness long before that point or any of the unpleasant things that may happen.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, lofistos345, Ghost2211 and 2 others
Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
even if you aren't unconscious, you should be delirious enough to not be fully conscious of it.

Reactions: Ghost2211, Beforeigo, MiseryLovesMyCompany and 2 others
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
You can be very much conscious during convulsions. Just because you're becoming hypoxic does not stop your ability to realise what's going on, in fact you'd be even more panicked with a fast heart rate.

• Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Disco Biscuit
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
You can be very much conscious during convulsions. Just because you're becoming hypoxic does not stop your ability to realise what's going on, in fact you'd be even more panicked with a fast heart rate.
Except convulsions are a later stage thing, so you shouldn't be very conscious at that point if things went as planned.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Disco Biscuit, Brokensaddle and 2 others
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
Except convulsions are a later stage thing, so you shouldn't be very conscious at that point if things went as planned.
When I used to scuba dive, back when life was actually good there used to be people who always had decompression sickness. They had convulsions and they were all conscious and could explain what happened after. So as much as it seems like a later stage thing, i am still pretty sure you are conscious for it even if it doesn't look like it.

I really do think SN is an abhorrent way to go and I'm so shocked anyone suggested it. Which is why I always speak out on the SN threads. I worked in the medical field and it's shocking that sodium nitrate is used for a suicide.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, deleted, TattiQueen and 2 others
depressedsally

depressedsally

Dead
Nov 6, 2020
When I used to scuba dive, back when life was actually good there used to be people who always had decompression sickness. They had convulsions and they were all conscious and could explain what happened after. So as much as it seems like a later stage thing, i am still pretty sure you are conscious for it even if it doesn't look like it.

I really do think SN is an abhorrent way to go and I'm so shocked anyone suggested it. Which is why I always speak out on the SN threads. I worked in the medical field and it's shocking that sodium nitrate is used for a suicide.
Glad I've changed tactics

Reactions: royalfuzz
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020

Hi, just to let you know it's Sodium Nitrite, not Nitrate. The circumstances would be different with Nitrate

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, deleted, Disco Biscuit and 6 others
M

Moon Flower

I'll soon be sleeping sound
Oct 14, 2019
I had my blood pressure tank once getting blood drawn to the point I became hypoxic. I passed out and went into the convulsions apparently but I woke up with no recollection of it. 100% peaceful
It was actually really funny because I was trying to be brave about it because my s/o is terrified of needles. I knew I was gonna pass out because I always do, but this time I woke up wearing one shoe and surrounded by concerned staff members, and the first thing I do is look at him and go "See? Nothing to be afraid of" with no knowledge that I pretty much had a seizure

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, virginiawoolf86, flower and 7 others
U

Umbrellaterm

All parents are evil incarnate
Oct 22, 2020
Propranolol.

R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
Hi, just to let you know it's Sodium Nitrite, not Nitrate. The circumstances would be different with Nitrate
You're correct, I apologise, my auto correct changed it.
I had my blood pressure tank once getting blood drawn to the point I became hypoxic. I passed out and went into the convulsions apparently but I woke up with no recollection of it. 100% peaceful
It was actually really funny because I was trying to be brave about it because my s/o is terrified of needles. I knew I was gonna pass out because I always do, but this time I woke up wearing one shoe and surrounded by concerned staff members, and the first thing I do is look at him and go "See? Nothing to be afraid of" with no knowledge that I pretty much had a seizure
Low blood pressure causes you to faint for a reason. When you faint and fall on the ground your heart has an easier time pumping blood around the body.

It's not the same as becoming hypoxic through SN.
Propranolol.
Yes, this could make things easier, but again, look at how different people react to SN, it's the same for propranolol. How can anyone be so certain with something they don't even know how they react to?

I've watched 6 people in my career have severe reactions to ibuprofen. They never tried it before and had no idea. One died horribly because we were out in the countryside without any adrenaline.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Ghost2211
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019

With SN alone, I'd be inclined to agree. But this why we have all the ancillary drugs with it. The specific way they work together is what speeds the process up and makes it more peaceful. That's why I said if done right, you should be unconscious first.

If you really research the method, most failures and even successes with unpleasant experiences like delayed unconsciousness are people who omit or change the cocktail.

Deleted member 23586

Deleted member 23586

Hope ur final midnight feels like the hug you need
Nov 8, 2020

I probably shouldn't be laughing at this story as hard as I am xD

• Yay!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Niftypoint124 and timetofly
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
With SN alone, I'd be inclined to agree. But this why we have all the ancillary drugs with it. The specific way they work together is what speeds the process up and makes it more peaceful. That's why I said if done right, you should be unconscious first.

If you really research the method, most failures and even successes with unpleasant experiences like delayed unconsciousness are people who omit or change the cocktail.
Meto is regularly advised, it empties your stomach faster but it's not going to make you not feel nauseous, it's why people are still sick.
Adding a benzo may help but it unless you take a large amount it won't really reduce your anxiety. You'll likely pass out, throw up the SN and wake again. This is why people wake up and return to the forum after failed SN attempt.
The beta blocker, again, all it will do is lower your heart rate, if anything it will prolong your suffering not help it.

That guide was given a peaceful rating because they watched 6 people take it. 6. That is no where near enough to make any assumptions on anything. You'd be laughed out of a research degree if you did a study on 6 people and then made conclusions on that.

SN is not peaceful, it will be metabolised by people in many different ways so there is no guarantee it's peaceful to take.

It shouldn't be recommended. Ever.

• Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, justpeachy and raindrop
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
I'm not going to argue with you. I never claimed to do any sort of scientific-level study. I also put little faith in the PPH for general reasons. Their study criteria is laughable at best. But I have been paying close attention for over a year and researching on my own, and I'm comfortable with my decision.

Last edited:
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Spitfire, rt1989526 and 6 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
If you do it right, you should have lost consciousness long before that point or any of the unpleasant things that may happen.
Most seem to lose consciousness in ten minutes or less. Even after vomiting.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, job1315, elfgyoza and 4 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Yes, this could make things easier, but again, look at how different people react to SN, it's the same for propranolol. How can anyone be so certain with something they don't even know how they react to?
Also worth noting, I regularly take all the drugs involved and know exactly how they affect me. Meto and propranolol I have to take daily right now. SN is obviously the wild card, but I understand what I'd be getting into.

Seiniar

Seiniar

Nov 2, 2020
Almost all the stories of people who survived because of being found out by someone say they fell unconcious within 10 minutes and had no memory of seizures or any other pain. Their stories are a good indicator of how ctb with SN feels like

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, stoicseal, job1315 and 7 others
TheSomebody

TheSomebody

Sep 28, 2020
That guide was given a peaceful rating because they watched 6 people take it. 6. That is no where near enough to make any assumptions on anything. You'd be laughed out of a research degree if you did a study on 6 people and then made conclusions on that.

Wait, you say that the guide rating on SN is laughable because they took conclusion only from 6 people. But you also do the same by drawing conclusions from only a few people who were aware during their convulsion...

don't you think you are being contradictory here?

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, Meditation guide and 4 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
Meto is regularly advised, it empties your stomach faster but it's not going to make you not feel nauseous, it's why people are still sick.
Adding a benzo may help but it unless you take a large amount it won't really reduce your anxiety. You'll likely pass out, throw up the SN and wake again. This is why people wake up and return to the forum after failed SN attempt.
The beta blocker, again, all it will do is lower your heart rate, if anything it will prolong your suffering not help it.

SN is not peaceful, it will be metabolised by people in many different ways so there is no guarantee it's peaceful to take.

Peaceful is a relative term. We all tolerate different sensations differently. Picking a method is about learning the possibilities and seeing if they would be ok for you. I can easily tolerate hypoxia and tachycardia for example. I have a long history of breathing issues so I don't fear hypoxia in the slightest. I do admit nausea and vomiting is highly unpleasant, and as such I wouldn't considering SN "peaceful". It is however easy to get, easy to use, low risk with failure, and consuming a drink is easier for a lot of people than jumping or hanging (the other common methods).

I respect it's not a good option for you personally, but for many it would be tolerable. All options come with benefit and risk.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hazelnut, chrisbate7 and 4 others
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
Wait, you say that the guide rating on SN is laughable because they took conclusion only from 6 people. But you also do the same by drawing conclusions from only a few people who were aware during their convulsion...

don't you think you are being contradictory here?
I work in the medical field, I'm not taking anything here into account, I'm taking my medical knowledge and years of caring for people into account. I've worked with epileptic and asthmatic people and know all about hypoxia. I'm not being contradictory.

Also, when scuba diving, I dove with 100s of people! I worked in Aus back then and it's not just a handful of people.
I'm also not trying to be horrible. I truly just don't want anyone to suffer and with SN people will. I'd rather people go into something knowing there is A chance they won't become unconscious quickly as people seem to believe happens, that's all.

• Hmph!
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

Is that the only reason you are here?
Why is it shocking to you? Why is it an abhorrent way to go?
You are/were in the medical field, so please do say what would be the better options vs SN. Otherwise it just appears as if you are someone disinterested in ending your suffering, but very interested in prolonging other's by use of fear mongering regarding the most popular method at the moment.
I have my own concerns about SN but I'm telling you how your comments come across. Basically all of them. Suspicious.

Many of us really don't have a choice either way, but if you have knowledge of SN being such a disgrace then please expand upon this further. I imagine if you have the wherewithal to deem one avenue of death unacceptable, then you must also have the ability to discern the opposite..at least on a sliding scale, given no death is exactly going to be pleasant. But nor is life.
Almost all the stories of people who survived because of being found out by someone say they fell unconcious within 10 minutes and had no memory of seizures or any other pain. Their stories are a good indicator of how ctb with SN feels like
Yes though I do question the validity of some stories to be completely honest. Not all..but some.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Broken Chimera, Hazelnut and 8 others
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
@royalfuzz I'm curious. Looking at your post history you have literally only posted anti SN comments. Was that the only reason for joining us? I would be happy to get to know you and hear your story.

• Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Broken Chimera, Hazelnut and 7 others
Abir_london

Abir_london

Experienced
Jun 15, 2020

Now I'm scared :(

• Aww..
Reactions: stoicseal, Brokensaddle and LastFlowers
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
@royalfuzz I'm curious. Looking at your post history you have literally only posted anti SN comments. Was that the only reason for joining us? I would be happy to get to know you and hear your story.

Yeah curious because my bet is that she is a prolifer here for scaremongering, as has been pointed out by @LastFlowers. Her claims and reasoning are so off that I won't bother to play her game and address them.

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, it's_all_a_game, Broken Chimera and 10 others
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
I have been looking at this site for a long time. I felt compelled to comment on the SN threads because I don't want people to suffer. I have been looking at this site to find a method for myself other than the obvious ones I know that would work like fentanyl as I have an allergy to it and although it would be quick it would be sore first. Wouldn't last long but still.

I have been diagnosed with a degenerative condition which meant I had to quit my job and quit doing all the sports I love. Within the next 2 years I won't be able to ctb without help so I need to do it whilst I'm still able to move etc.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game and raindrop
Delia

Delia

Cerulean star
May 15, 2018
well this thread is mad headache inducing

Reactions: Brokensaddle and Niftypoint124
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
Yeah curious because my bet is that she is a prolifer here for scaremongering, as has been pointed out by @LastFlowers. Her claims and reasoning are so off that I won't bother to play her game and address them.
If I was a prolifer I would be talking out on all the methods, I don't because I've no issue with hanging etc. It's the SN I have issue with because I know hypoxia through SN is no joke and it would be a scary way to die. I'm sorry for trying to make people more aware of what may happen.

Like I've said, I've worked in the medical field. So I'm not just pulling this out of my ass.

• Hmph!
Niftypoint124

Niftypoint124

Student
Nov 7, 2020
An infiltrator's post history speaks for itself, in my never-humble-cause-I'm-old opinion.

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, woxihuanni and timetofly
R

royalfuzz

Sep 29, 2020
Is that the only reason you are here?
Why is it shocking to you? Why is it an abhorrent way to go?
You are/were in the medical field, so please do say what would be the better options vs SN. Otherwise it just appears as if you are someone disinterested in ending your suffering, but very interested in prolonging other's by use of fear mongering regarding the most popular method at the moment.
I have my own concerns about SN but I'm telling you how your comments come across. Basically all of them. Suspicious.

Many of us really don't have a choice either way, but if you have knowledge of SN being such a disgrace then please expand upon this further. I imagine if you have the wherewithal to deem one avenue of death unacceptable, then you must also have the ability to discern the opposite..at least on a sliding scale, given no death is exactly going to be pleasant. But nor is life.

Yes though I do question the validity of some stories to be completely honest. Not all..but some.
And just to say Nembutal is a good way to go. Fentanyl if you can get it is also very quick.

• Hmph!