• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Do you think we should keep our Twitter Account?

• Yes

Votes: 38 27.5%
  • No

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
grungeCat

grungeCat

Awkward & weird
Jul 5, 2020
I voted yes and I think we should keep our twitter account.
This site is not illegal so why we cannot have a twitter?! We do nothing bad so there is no reason to take us down. I think it's a good opportunity to show we are not evil at all and we will not allow ourselves to be bullied. We shouldn't give up mainstream media activity just because some butthurting snowflakes want to censor the whole internet to hide out the suicide problem. This site actually saved a lot of people by providing a safe space to vent and by showing them that contemplating suicide is something that should be discussed. This site is helpful and needed. We should promote ourselves in order to help more people.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
No. Get rid of it.
I understand why it might have been considered but I guarantee it will bring nothing but bad things. Short term edification and the solidarity felt by some is not worth it if it causes more friction both on and off site. I believe the welfare of the members of this place should come before anything else and that having an input to so divisive a social media platform will cause, and already is causing division and fear for some members.
Regardless of all that, it's simply an unsound strategic move, giving over uncoordinated tactical control to individuals whose comments off site will be un-moderated. We see how threads often devolve into shit-storm and that's in a moderated environment. What do you think will happen on the vile cesspool of twitter? It's natural that people with passionate views on both sides will get dragged in to argument.
It feels like instead of adopting a considered strategic approach to attack, all tactics are thrown into the wind in an impassioned rush into the field devoid of any tactical thinking.
I reckon it may have exactly the opposite effect to the desired one. It may be ostensibly be an outlet to defend the forums, but is it worth banging that drum if it may makes things worse?
Haven't we seen this sort of thing before?

Last edited:
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I voted other because while I think in theory a twitter account may be useful to prevent lies about the site to persist, I don't know whether that potential is worth the risk and effort tbh. I think it'd be fighting a losing battle.

Suicide and the root causes of it are routinely dismissed and often mocked to an extent, whereas grief is a universal and deeply sympathetic position, and so I doubt anything you could say would be sufficient regardless of how eloquent it was put.

I also think that the stress of debating them constantly also tends to make more intense and personal hatred come from both sides. I've seen a little on here and in the way fixthe26 conduct themselves in videos/twitter with other SS members from this and threads. I don't think that's great for either how people perceive us or our members mental wellbeing.

Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I voted No although I like twitter I've had enough of Fixit26 to last me a life time, :smiling: I think we should keep them out and not give them anymore airtime, we all know there agenda and members have tried to be civil with them and been blocked but I can't stop thinking how they will spin it later to get more media attention and make SS look bad.

Cheers

Geo

O

Onomotopoeia

Experienced
Feb 8, 2019
Not enough options there so I chose other. I mentioned it in the other thread but will here as well as I think twitter is a great idea however

it should NOT be directly tied to SS. There is no reason we cannot create another presence not directly associated with SS. This is the internet after all

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I vote for removing it.

People come here for help, often at the nadir of their life.

I do not think we should actively invite, court or engage people who would do additional harm.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Tell Patient Zero he can have his rib back.
Jun 15, 2020
i'm uncomfortable to consider myself allied with people who spew the vitriol i've seen. some people on our side have no zen.

Couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate some members are getting caught up in the high school drama of this. It's off putting and does nothing but give this site and the people on here more reasons to be looked down on.

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
Couldn't agree more. It's unfortunate some members are getting caught up in the high school drama of this. It's off putting and does nothing but give this site and the people on here more reasons to be looked down on.
Yeah, so far we were looked down on because they considered us murderers, child abusers, pedos, traffickers, sadists; now they'll look down on us for being merciless debaters who do not turn the other cheek too. Huh.
in the vagina

Sorry, that's just a quote from a film I find funny.
Bonus points if you can name the film
Adam Sandler comes to mind.

Last edited:
feast or famine

feast or famine

Jun 15, 2020
Yeah, so far we were looked down on because they considered us murderers, child abusers, pedos, traffickers, sadists; now they'll look down on us for being merciless debaters who do not turn the other cheek too. Huh.
Fight fire with more fire? That generally works well. Huh.

feast or famine

feast or famine

Jun 15, 2020
Nah, let's just sit and be quiet while they lie and slander us.
I don't engage with others who intentionally misinterpret what I say or don't say to fit a narrative they already have formed in their mind.

I didn't suggest sitting back and letting them bulldoze us was the answer, but you're welcome to think that.

Have a lovely night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.