• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
hi, so i'm finishing up my college apps and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stay calm?

the anxiety of having to wait for admission results is super scary, and so is the idea that i've made it this far

and also the next bit of time is gonna be really hard bc of how many essays i have to finish up oops

Last edited:
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
Write horrible essays right before the deadline and accept failure is my strategy.
haha that is very tempting but i'm tryna get into some decent ones just in case i'm still around, ya know

instead i will try my best for a long time and still write horrible essays -- i've accepted failure but ig i'm avoiding it lmaooo

itstoolateforme

itstoolateforme

some things can’t be recovered from
Dec 31, 2020
hi, so i'm finishing up my college apps and i was just wondering if anyone had any tips to stay calm?

the anxiety of having to wait for admission results is super scary, and so is the idea that i've made it this far

and also the next bit of time is gonna be really hard bc of how many essays i have to finish up oops
Ive been feeling the same way. Calming down is difficukt bc i dont have any good coping mechanisms but sometimes i listen to old tavern music and make food bc then i can dance around the rooom and feel like im in an old movie. Bref, Try to use music and sensory stuff to find ur happy place.

• Hugs
Reactions: nomoreenergy
N

netrezven

Mage
Dec 13, 2018
I never wanted to work for anybody, so I didn't care at all. Ironically I have to learn and read every single day to sustain my business.

Reactions: nomoreenergy
N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
Ive been feeling the same way. Calming down is difficukt bc i dont have any good coping mechanisms but sometimes i listen to old tavern music and make food bc then i can dance around the rooom and feel like im in an old movie. Bref, Try to use music and sensory stuff to find ur happy place.
thank you for the tips i hope things are going well for you xo !!

shadowchaser

shadowchaser

Aug 1, 2019
@itstoolateforme gave some good tips with the sensory stuff! It can really take your mind off things to try to engage or pay attention to some senses you wouldn't normally pay attention to, like taste (a dessert, a hot cup of tea, etc) or touch (weighted blanket, maybe?). You could also put on a tv show you like (rewatching Friends works for me lmao).
You've already done the hard work, and whatever happens, I hope you can recognize that and be proud of yourself <3 :)

N

nomoreenergy

Feb 29, 2020
@itstoolateforme gave some good tips with the sensory stuff! It can really take your mind off things to try to engage or pay attention to some senses you wouldn't normally pay attention to, like taste (a dessert, a hot cup of tea, etc) or touch (weighted blanket, maybe?). You could also put on a tv show you like (rewatching Friends works for me lmao).
You've already done the hard work, and whatever happens, I hope you can recognize that and be proud of yourself <3 :)
thank you for the tips i like the rewatching ideas <3

• Love
Reactions: shadowchaser