x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
I used to love it when I was a child and throughout my teens and twenties (party, party, party.) I loved it when my children were small as well, the magic of it all. But now my children are grown, I just see it as a headache, and I hate the social aspect of it too. Baa humbug.

• Hugs
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, Brick In The Wall, ecmnesia and 1 other person
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
As a child it was the best and most magical time of the year I don´t even have words for how amazing Christmas was and how much joy, wonder and happiness I felt doing that time but it´s been so long it feels almost like a distant dream.

Last Christmas I even cried when walking around the Christmas tree when singing the old Christmas songs fortunately nobody noticed since I hid it, it was just Christmas only feels tragic and a desperate attempt to hold on to traditions and we used to be so many more family members now it´s basically just me, my siblings and parents, there is no snow anymore and we used to get a ton of snow and snow free days how can you feel the Christmas spirit when there is no snow? And even back when we had snow I felt the last tiny spark of Christmas spirit at 17 which was 9 years ago but it will never be the same as when I was a child which is why I get so sad and feel Christmas Eve is so depressing, as a child Santa Claus (my dad in a costume) showed up with our presents and we would be so amazed me and my brothers to see "the real Santa Claus" and we got the most amazing and fun presents now as an adult we only get practical stuff which is soooo boring, sure I would´ve to buy the things myself so I save the money but I am not excited opening presents with clothes or kitchen items I need.

To me Christmas is dead, I live in Scandinavia yet last year we got no snow at all, we are so few people in our family left at Christmas, and it´s not at my family home anymore since it got demolished so not even any nostalgia by thinking if I turned the clock back x amount of years I would be dancing around the Christmas tree at this exact spot, and of course presents are not fun or exciting anymore they are boring grownup stuff and birthdays isn´t any better it´s just a reminder that I am one year further away from my magnificent paradise of a childhood where I also would wake up to getting a present from my parents a fun exciting present I usually had wished for, last year I got salt and pepper grinders, it was something I needed and would have to buy myself so I saved some money but it´s not like I get excited or light up as a child opening presents I hate being an adult it´s just too boring. But I also still feel in many ways I am 16-17 probably because of my Aspergers so that might explain some things plus I got Peter Pan Syndrome (self-diagnosed).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, Brick In The Wall, Good4Nothing and 2 others
ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
hate it.

every Christmas my father family gathers and we are suppose to stay there all night pretending we actually do not hate each other's. it's a big pretending show and it sucks. nothing to do with the real meaning of the holiday, not that i am religious or anything, I couldn't careless, but it's just awful being forced to stay in the same room as your abuser (tho, no one but you both knows about it) and people who used to treat you poorly when you are kid.

it always crushes me, honestly.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, Brick In The Wall, Good4Nothing and 2 others
D

Deleted member 23374

deministrator
Nov 1, 2020
Santa needs to ctb, and all the money has to go.
I don't think i'm "faithful" but,
when i can do it, i like to wrap a tree with soft white/blue light
on christmas eve
that looks mystical in a fog and has been a beacon in a blizzard
it's the guiding star, it gets me
other than that, yeah, fuck christmas.

Reactions: LooksAtMoonDog, ecmnesia, Brick In The Wall and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
We can message over the holidays here if you like? Health permitting my end (sleep etc). My buddy and I just treat like any other day. His parents passed (he's old. ;-). ) and I cut ties from mine), so I have no family stuff either. Hug x
I intend to be here, it's not like I have anywhere else to go.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
sarahR

sarahR

Experienced
Nov 11, 2020
Not really a fan of the forced feeling to it, feels like there's an expectation for everything to go perfectly and some people can get overly stressed about that. I still like it when it's more relaxed though, my mum loves Christmas and so I always celebrate it with her. I'm glad it can bring many people a lot of happiness.
To most people yes. To some not really. Still love home alone though. Always makes sense to watch it at Xmas.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal