• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I am a Catholic. Below is a link to the part of the Catechism of the Catholic Church that deals with suicide:

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/__P7Z.HTM

2280 Everyone is responsible for his life before God who has given it to him.
It is God who remains the sovereign Master of life.
We are obliged to accept life gratefully and preserve it for his honor and the salvation of our souls.
We are stewards, not owners, of the life God has entrusted to us.
It is not ours to dispose of.

2281 Suicide contradicts the natural inclination of the human being to preserve and perpetuate his life.
It is gravely contrary to the just love of self.
It likewise offends love of neighbor because it unjustly breaks the ties of solidarity with family, nation, and other human societies to which we continue to have obligations.
Suicide is contrary to love for the living God.

2282 If suicide is committed with the intention of setting an example, especially to the young, it also takes on the gravity of scandal.
Voluntary co-operation in suicide is contrary to the moral law.
Grave psychological disturbances, anguish, or grave fear of hardship, suffering, or torture can diminish the responsibility of the one committing suicide.

2283 We should not despair of the eternal salvation of persons who have taken their own lives. By ways known to him alone, God can provide the opportunity for salutary repentance. The Church prays for persons who have taken their own lives.​

Me again. Since many people who kill themselves have "grave psychological disturbances, anguish or great fear of hardship, suffering or torture", I think that God would be merciful to their souls and grant them Heaven (perhaps after a stay in Purgatory).

I believe that it is all a bit different than the Bible says but that God exists.
Only a truly hateful God would send someone to hell because of suicide.

Reactions: lv-gras
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
What I never really understood about the religions is which one to believe? Christianity says you are going to hell if you don't believe in Jesus, Islam says you go to hell if you do...
which one is right?
Just go directly to God in prayer and ask Him to show you.

Reactions: Desperate_Soul
L

Lionel

Aug 13, 2018
I'm a believer, after growing up atheist my world fell apart and nothing made sense except Christianity.
Youtube videos for whoever is interested.
Darwinism's Downfall, (Evolution)
The Atheist Delusion, (Atheism)
Atheists don't exist, (Atheism)
The Sword and the Crescent. (Islam)
A Historical Case for Christ's resurrection,
Any lecture by Dr Daniel Wallace about the reliability of new testament manuscripts in comparison to other ancient works.

The message of the Bible is that we're all broken and evil and deserve death because God is too perfect a judge, that all sin against him has to be punished.
So Jesus as a man bore our burden and suffered under God's need for justice. So Jesus was sent to suffer and pay the price for his people.

I can't accept Christ's death for me, I deserve death, I poison everything and everyone near me and ruin everything I touch. I try to figure out what to do and how to act but I end up crying on me knees asking God why? Why this? Why make me? But my mind reverts to that verse;
Romans 9:20-22
"But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me like this?" Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction..."

If you want advice I'd say to carry on and bare the burden, be a good person, but I'd be a hypocrite. We all know what's right, but we don't do it. We're so broken, God save us.

M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
I'm a believer, after growing up atheist my world fell apart and nothing made sense except Christianity.
Youtube videos for whoever is interested.
Darwinism's Downfall, (Evolution)
The Atheist Delusion, (Atheism)
Atheists don't exist, (Atheism)
The Sword and the Crescent. (Islam)
A Historical Case for Christ's resurrection,
Any lecture by Dr Daniel Wallace about the reliability of new testament manuscripts in comparison to other ancient works.

The message of the Bible is that we're all broken and evil and deserve death because God is too perfect a judge, that all sin against him has to be punished.
So Jesus as a man bore our burden and suffered under God's need for justice. So Jesus was sent to suffer and pay the price for his people.

I can't accept Christ's death for me, I deserve death, I poison everything and everyone near me and ruin everything I touch. I try to figure out what to do and how to act but I end up crying on me knees asking God why? Why this? Why make me? But my mind reverts to that verse;
Romans 9:20-22
"But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, "Why have you made me like this?" Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use? What if God, desiring to show his wrath and to make known his power, has endured with much patience vessels of wrath prepared for destruction..."

If you want advice I'd say to carry on and bare the burden, be a good person, but I'd be a hypocrite. We all know what's right, but we don't do it. We're so broken, God save us.

if you are a Christian you should accept Jesus' gift to you. EVERYONE deserves love from Jesus, even Hitler. I am sure you are nowhere nearly as bad as him.
Everything will be well for you eventually!

M

medusa

Student
Sep 1, 2018
Just go directly to God in prayer and ask Him to show you.

I have many times and have received no answer.
So I don't believe in the Bible or Islam.
To me, God is the one from the NDEs.

Ashpac

Ashpac

Lost and always will be.
Jul 22, 2018
To me, god is source, energy.

Not a bearded man in the sky who sends people to heaven or hell.

Reactions: medusa and lv-gras