SleeplessSoul

SleeplessSoul

Student
Apr 10, 2020
I believe that all my sins were paid for at the cross. Past present and future. So it has not deterred me, I know God understands my pain.

100% this

It says man shall not lay with men as with a woman. But it says nothing about lesbians. XD

There's a lot of theological debate about this and a single thread can't even go into any of the nuance. Personally, I'm queer and I am supportive of any LGBT person. Jesus is all about welcoming and that's who I like to for advice on stuff like this.

• Wow
Reactions: Flump and not-2-b-the-answer
KuRsAnI

KuRsAnI

Mar 24, 2020
If God condemns suicide and sends you to Hell for it, then that God is a psychotic tyrant and we're in trouble if he's in charge of the universe. Not gonna lie though, I myself and afraid of feeling the pain of burning for eternity. But I feel like doing it anyway.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Flump, voltage268, Pisceslilith and 3 others
DyslexicForeigner

DyslexicForeigner

Student
Dec 27, 2018
If you or somebody you know was raised catholic, then you have probably heard that suicide is a "sin," and anybody who commits suicide will spend all of eternity in unbearable pain and suffering.
Has this detered anybody from attempting to kill themselves?
I think that a loving God ( if there is one) would not punish a person for ending their life because they were in pain and suffering with more pain and suffering.
I also hate this ideology, because my father commited suicide and I can't bare the thought of him burning in hell.

• Love
Reactions: MaybeSoon, Lost in a Dream and K-O
T

Train

Apr 7, 2020
I'm sure my life is worse than hell

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Flump, not-2-b-the-answer and disabledandhopeless
disabledandhopeless

disabledandhopeless

Enlightened
Mar 1, 2020
If their claims are true then it just shows what kind of god he is.

Reactions: Flump, voltage268, Green Destiny and 1 other person
itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
Religion is just a tool used to create fear and control over the Sheeple!... This planet is Hell, as far as I can tell!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Flump, Green Destiny, Pisceslilith and 4 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
If you or somebody you know was raised catholic, then you have probably heard that suicide is a "sin," and anybody who commits suicide will spend all of eternity in unbearable pain and suffering.
I think that a loving God ( if there is one) would not punish a person for ending their life because they were in pain and suffering with more pain and suffering.
I also hate this ideology, because my father commited suicide and I can't bare the thought of him burning in hell.

I was raised in a religious house. I go back & forth about it. I also think the way you do that a loving god wouldn't punish someone for choosing to end it with even more pain. I also think the religious leaders have used faith to scare people into submission or whatever the hell they want.

Reactions: Broken Chimera and itsamadworld
last_tour

last_tour

Apr 8, 2020
Some Christians also do not believe in evolution.. There is overwhelming evidence that its real but there is no evidence at all of heaven or hell. Who would you rather believe?

If you're concerned about heaven/hell. Do yourself a favor and read about evolution, its really interesting. You'll quickly realize how illogical the concept of heaven or hell even is and that its entirely a man made concept that can't exist without us.

One of the main reasons for that is evolution (which follows the laws of the universe) prioritizes offspring. Theres a lot of us here because we evolved to have the most offspring not because we have some sort of hidden purpose in our lives. Chimpanzees are actually more evolved than humans (they devolved but used to have the same traits as humans). Its a cruel fact that It woulnd't matter if we evolved or devolved to carry on a trait that causes prolonged suffering (back pains, cancer, depression?) or are prone to heart problems because we are bipedal. . As long as we get through and can make lots of offsprings evolution will allow these things to carry on. At the same time the evolution and the laws of the universe doesn't differentiate between how a person dies. When we die we're all going to decompose and end up in the same place (the ground) no matter how we go out.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
During the translation of the Bible to English they translated Sheol and Gehenna into hell. Neither of which are the burning hell the Christians believe in. That place is along with the Bible is a work of fiction taken seriously. It was a good tool to enslave people in the early days.

Suicide being a sin only came up when the numbers spiked and the church earnings dropped. The real sin was robbing the church of your hard earned money. That's where that lie came from. The church was and is the biggest con ever.

I've heard something similar to this as well. :angry:

Reactions: Broken Chimera and itsamadworld
Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
I used to be a fundamental Chirstian for 30 years (brainwashed) until I had my first BPD episode at age 40. Then I saw all the mastiness, hypocrisy, a total sham and bullshit "FAITH" is! I am so glad I unwringed myself from it. It took about 6 months. I started listening to : Famous Athiest writers and debates, and getting support resources from : "Recovering from Religion" a non profit. Anyway, I have no more fear of death excpet general SI, which is just a part of my hardwiring. Religion is nothing but a bunch of beliefs not based on facts. No one can prove there is a God, no one can't prove there isn't one. And from what I experince, if there is one is SURE THE HELL AINT THE ONE OF THE CHRISTIIANS!

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, itsamadworld and Broken Chimera
niloc

niloc

Relax — This won't hurt
May 6, 2020
That's fine.. at least it would be something different.. meh.. 12 years of catholic schooling didn't deter me.. bring it on..

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
Meh. <shrug> Look at my tagline: "The Hell I'm going to for CTB'ing is the Garden of Eden compared to the Hell I'm leaving." I think it's plenty comforting.

itsamadworld

itsamadworld

i wanna die somewhere like up there
Mar 15, 2020
I used to be a fundamental Chirstian for 30 years (brainwashed) until I had my first BPD episode at age 40. Then I saw all the mastiness, hypocrisy, a total sham and bullshit "FAITH" is! I am so glad I unwringed myself from it. It took about 6 months. I started listening to : Famous Athiest writers and debates, and getting support resources from : "Recovering from Religion" a non profit. Anyway, I have no more fear of death excpet general SI, which is just a part of my hardwiring. Religion is nothing but a bunch of beliefs not based on facts. No one can prove there is a God, no one can't prove there isn't one. And from what I experince, if there is one is SURE THE HELL AINT THE ONE OF THE CHRISTIIANS!
I was brainwashed pretty badly for 7 years, between the ages of 28- 35. I came out of it returning to my former self, but worse....My BPD got worse, i drank and smoked weed to cope, and i used to have less of a dislike for humanity. BUt now my dislike is more intense as i saw the worst of humanity when i was around religion. I already was suicidal before my religious brainwashing. BUt i think as a desperate attempt to find stability after many failed attempts, i turned to religion. IAnd yikes, did religion turn on me!....I just don't see myself ever returning to that fake!. I just don't like to be lied to. I also listened to atheist/agnostic individuals. That helped un-brainwash me...The fear of hell really messed with me. And it worked, because my handlers (who ever they are) sure got a few more years of slavery out of me....Well, i gotta go to work now....i hate my life....

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Crushed_Innocence and DyslexicForeigner
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I find the idea of God difficult. If God is all powerful and has planned my life could I, a mere mortal, outwit this all powerful being by ctb? Surely if I ctb that must be part of this all powerful God's plan? I have worried about hell and being punished for eternity but this life is already a punishment, a living hell. Now my concerns are just that ctb won't be punished but it might not be the end of the suffering somehow.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, disabledandhopeless and MyStateKilledMe
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
As an atheist and someone who has studied the Bible as well as attended church in the past (not so much nowadays), I don't believe that suicide is a 'sin' specifically, contrary to what many modern Christians and preachers claim in today's world. I believe you are correct about the Catholic Church claiming suicide to be a sin and part of their reasoning from that time period is to use religion and fear to enact social order and conformity on the masses (general population of people rather than an act of worship).

In fact, as someone who has read the Bible before, I can claim that suicide is mentioned throughout many of the stories in the Bible (e.g. Judas after he betrayed Jesus, Samson, and Saul & the armor bearer, to name a few.). While I can't say that it is specifically a sin, those people certainly didn't go to Hell for simply CTB'ing, but for other reasons. As for the Judas story (Judas Iscariot), even if Christian scholars claim that he went to Hell, it would be more because he betrayed Jesus and committed blasphemy of the Holy Spirit (the unforgivable sin) rather than the fact he CTB'ed.

All in all, I don't believe in religious dogma or a God(s) (don't mistake this for claiming that there is no God(s); atheists only merely don't believe in God(s), but neither confirm nor deny that there is a God(s).), so I am not deterred by the prospect of going to Hell and suffering for all of eternity.

• Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, DyslexicForeigner, disabledandhopeless and 1 other person
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
With a more or less atheistical approach to life I generally reject all religions, Christianity in particular because historically it's mainly used as a tool to control the population.
Theology is an interesting subject though and if actually had to choose a religion I gravitate more towards the less invasive ones like buddhism.

It would imagine that having a strong belief could be good too, many many people find both strength and existential peace through faith. I can even feel a little envious of those people.
The concept of heaven and hell never made much sense to me though, I would reckon it to be more a state of mind than a physical place anyways and if that's the case then this existence could very well be considered a type of hell.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and disabledandhopeless
M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
I find the idea of God difficult. If God is all powerful and has planned my life could I, a mere mortal, outwit this all powerful being by ctb? Surely if I ctb that must be part of this all powerful God's plan? I have worried about hell and being punished for eternity but this life is already a punishment, a living hell. Now my concerns are just that ctb won't be punished but it might not be the end of the suffering somehow.
Until I became an atheist, I believed in god, but thought of him as a sociopath who enjoys torturing humans for fun, just to see how much he can get away with, all while preventing them from voluntarily escaping. Namely, by making the punishment for CTB seem worse than the abuse he inflicts. Not unlike the Elite Hunting Club clients torturing their victims for hours, in the movie "Hostel". (At least they kill the victim in the end, as opposed to leaving them tied in a chair, only to return the next day and continue the torture.)

So I always thought of CTB'ing as a clever, ingenious way---perhaps the ONLY way---to give god the middle finger. Even if I go to hell, there's no way it's worse than living in this sorry excuse for a world. I'd even volunteer to be an Elite Hunting Club victim, as long as I knew the client wasn't too sadistic. (Like, get zapped with a cattle prod vs. get literally eaten alive; both are actual "Hostel" scenes.) Which might even be a CTB loophole, and technically not be an actual suicide.

Speaking of god, how's this: "Is god powerful enough to create a rock so heavy that even he himself can't lift it?"

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and DyslexicForeigner
MrOptions

MrOptions

Let it go. This to shall pass.
Jan 6, 2020
Fuck what the christians say or any other religious type out there for condemning people to "hell".
Hell is a state of mind not a place. Even though earth seems like a living hell for most.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and itsamadworld
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
I'm already in hell, can't get any worse.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and RayoSinSol
R

rebelsue

Hope Addict
Dec 12, 2019
It's a really good strategy to keep your religion alive by encouraging procreation by demonizing recreational sex, and by demonizing suicide. Keeps everybody alive and making more Christians, no matter how much life sucks or how they actually feel.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Good4Nothing
S

Scott1878

May 6, 2020
Partial hanging sleeping tablets would you die in sleep

I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
I've found that the only universal constant in life is that shit always can get worse, and usually will.

I keep falling into the trap of thinking that this time I've really hit rock bottom and that things can't get any worse and then they do. I think that's what's delaying my ctb - fear of failing and making things worse or succeeding and it's somehow still worse. I do nothing and things get worse, I do something and things get worse - this is hell already.

• Love
Reactions: Asianfailure, not-2-b-the-answer, Good4Nothing and 2 others
Werewolf

Werewolf

Without shelter
May 12, 2020
I keep falling into the trap of thinking that this time I've really hit rock bottom and that things can't get any worse and then they do. I think that's what's delaying my ctb - fear of failing and making things worse or succeeding and it's somehow still worse. I do nothing and things get worse, I do something and things get worse - this is hell already.

Yeah I feel you friend.
I've been there many times and the bottom is only more black tar and you keep sinking.

• Love
Reactions: Asianfailure and not-2-b-the-answer
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Being an Atheist I don't believe that there's an afterlife after this current existence. You didn't exist before you were conceived by your birth parents and you go back to not existing when you die.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Crushed_Innocence
I

Iwantoutrightnow

Experienced
Jun 27, 2019
Rational thought also tells me this but the irrational keeps rearing it's ugly head.

I keep thinking back to being in a coma, I remember being in an ambulance then I remember a room and being aware of a tube in my mouth that it was trying to remove and someone saying 'we can't take it out until you can keep your eyes open.' 2 weeks past between those memories and I know nothing of that time. They reckon you can still hear when you're in a coma but if anyone said anything to me I have no recollection of it. Rational thought tells me that I was unconscious and when I die I will no longer be conscious so death must be like this but then from somewhere I get 'yeah, but what if you're wrong'

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
Christians claim this, sure, but as others have said, it isn't suicide that will send someone to hell, but rather, the other things they have done while they are alive.
The Bible claims that all people are wicked and have "fallen short of the glory of God", which means merely being human is a crime worthy of being sent to Hell. If the religion is true, then only by kissing their god's ass and liking it can you be saved from Hell.

I honestly don't believe any of the theistic claims made by the Bible any more than I believe the theistic claims in The Iliad. Real life people and locations are mentioned in them from time to time, but it doesn't suddenly make the gods real. If it turns out to be the case that I am wrong about the claims made in the Bible, then there is nothing I can do about it if some omnipotent and omniscient dictator wants to send me to an eternal Auschwitz. This possibility isn't enough to prevent me from killing myself because I would still end up there eventually. All that committing suicide would do is send me there a little sooner.

Of course, there is also the possibility that Christianity is all BS, so I see no reason to worry about it.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, DyslexicForeigner and Broken Chimera
L

Lostkitten1

Apr 28, 2020
Anyone who claims this hasn't known their own hell in this existence. Those of us that have know that anything will be better than what we live with now

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, Green Destiny, Crushed_Innocence and 1 other person
Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
Being an Atheist I don't believe that there's an afterlife after this current existence. You didn't exist before you were conceived by your birth parents and you go back to not existing when you die.
I think this too......

RayoSinSol

RayoSinSol

I can’t ignore the abyss. It is real.
Mar 26, 2020
It doesn't seem like the Bible even directly mentions suicide ANYWHERE, in direct regards to what happens to people who choose it, in death.

The Bible mentions people being condemned for committing murder, which is what a lot of Christians seem to cite as proof that suicide is wrong.

Suicide = "Self-murder," I guess.

But if we're supposed to take that as proof of anything, it would be immediately negated by the fact that the Bible condones humans murdering other humans multiple times. The conquest of Jericho, the binding of Isaac, and so forth. Not even to mention all the times God himself murdered hordes of people just to prove a point.

Plus, the term "murder" has its own subjective meaning that's generally associated with a violent act of killing another person out of hatred or jealousy. Suicide is almost always, except when coerced, an act of a person trying to end their own suffering, with their own consent and will behind it - not someone else stealing someone's life from them.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and Lost in a Dream