S

seriouslyeffitall

Aug 24, 2023
Is there a resource on here (I don't have search functionality yet) that compares the carbon output of lump vs briquette in the same size space? Or at least a sampling of successful attempts that I can study?

ChatGPT seems to think the impurities of briquettes give more CO than lump but this forum seems to love lump, but I'm at two attempts and neither was successful. In fact, I woke up feeling honestly incredible after last night's attempt with lump which could be because I took antiemetics and Tylenol before.
I'd really like to shuffle off this mortal coil with the least amount of pain.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
ChatGPT seems to think the impurities of briquettes give more CO than lump
From a chemical point of view: Only the carbon ( C ) can produce CO in incomplete combustion and impurities might not consist of carbon.

Maybe these links can be of interest for you. But obviously they used briquettes there.

This is not proven and it's only what I think from reading related threads here, people taking meds to sedate themselves and / or drink a lot of alc are often failing. I wouldn't take any of this when I attempt. CO itself should make me unconscious quickly, given 8k+ ppm which should be achievable with charcoal.

Last edited: