• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
I said a little bit about this in a previous thread, but I wanted to get some advice. I lived for years in a state with strict gun laws. (That's the state which issued my current ID.) In 2023, I seriously messed up my life, lost my apartment, and had to move back to a different state that also has strict gun laws, let's say Connecticut for privacy reasons. I have no hope of finding a job. I'm down to my last couple thousand bucks, so my most recent plan was to go to a beautiful small town, which I've visited twice before, in a state with lax gun laws, let's say Iowa. I was going to buy a gun and during the waiting period, I would walk the streets, read books I love in the surprisingly good restaurants this town has, go into nature, and drink wine. (I'm an alcoholic.) Being from a big city with no gun culture, I don't know anything about firearms and I didn't realize that I couldn't purchase a weapon, even in a red state with loose restrictions on firearms, with an out-of-state ID. (Duh, I'm a fool.)

This is the second time in a week my plan has been blown up—I had surgery a while ago and tried taking all the leftover pain meds I had, but I woke up in a state of euphoria, which plunged into even deeper despair, which I've felt ever since, except when I drink. (Again, alcoholic.)

I'm trying to formulate a new plan. I would still like to be somewhere beautiful when I go out, and spend the little money that I have remaining on good experiences, preferably involving food, books, and wine. My preferred method is still firearms, but even in a country positively swimming in guns, it seems that obtaining one will be harder than I had anticipated.

What would you advise?

Thank you.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If someone wants to buy a gun, they should just go to a gun show in a red state and buy a gun from a private seller (non FFL seller).

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
If someone wants to buy a gun, they should just go to a gun show in a red state and buy a gun from a private seller (non FFL seller).
My understanding is that legally, it's no longer that simple. How do you do that?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
My understanding is that legally, it's no longer that simple. How do you do that?
Why isn't it? I haven't heard that. Is that a new law? When did that pass? If it is a new law, has it gone into affect? I can't imagine that any new gun law would have gotten through a Republican-controlled House of Representatives. I may have missed it if some new regulation were put in force for private sales. IDK.

L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
Why isn't it? I haven't heard that. Is that a new law? When did that pass? If it is a new law, has it gone into affect? I can't imagine that any new gun law would have gotten through a Republican-controlled House of Representatives. I may have missed it if some new regulation were put in force for private sales. IDK.
I know about the gun show loophole, and that it hasn't been closed. But it only applies to private sales between people who reside in the same state, which for practical purposes means the state where your ID was issued. So I don't think I can just go to a gun show in Texas and legally buy a weapon from someone unlicensed. If I'm wrong, though, please tell me! I would love to be wrong, or for there to be a workaround.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I know about the gun show loophole, and that it hasn't been closed. But it only applies to private sales between people who reside in the same state, which for practical purposes means the state where your ID was issued. So I don't think I can just go to a gun show in Texas and legally buy a weapon from someone unlicensed. If I'm wrong, though, please tell me! I would love to be wrong, or for there to be a workaround.
Everything depends on what your home state's gun laws are. Does your home state permit out-of-state purchases? First, there is no way for you to buy a handgun legally in a state that is not your home state of residence. The first thing you need to do is find out if your state of residence permits out-of-state purchases, and if they do, you will still be limited to the purchase of a long gun of some sort. You could always try and find someone who will sell privately and bypass all gun laws. It does happen. Is it completely impossible for you to purchase a gun in your state of residence?

Reactions: Goku Black
L

legaleaglesexit

Feb 13, 2023
Everything depends on what your home state's gun laws are. Does your home state permit out-of-state purchases? First, there is no way for you to buy a handgun legally in a state that is not your home state of residence. The first thing you need to do is find out if your state of residence permits out-of-state purchases, and if they do, you will still be limited to the purchase of a long gun of some sort. You could always try and find someone who will sell privately and bypass all gun laws. It does happen. Is it completely impossible for you to purchase a gun in your state of residence?
OK, a long gun it is. (I have none of the sort of contacts that would allow me to purchase a gun illegally, though I have no moral aversion to trying.) My *official* state of residence (not where I'm currently living, but where my ID is from) has strict gun laws (of which I approve in theory, though they're hindering me now). They require you to have a FOID, and those take 4-6 weeks to ship—a bummer, since I was planning on doing it this week, partly because my funds are dwindling. There are FOID eCards that are quicker, but I'm nervous about applying since it creates paperwork that could be intercepted. You can buy a long gun out-of-state, but it has to be sent to a FFL in the home state? At least that's what googling has turned up. It all seems very baffling and confusing. If you're willing to help me navigate this, then DM. And if anyone else has advice (or useful contacts) then please let me know because I am desperate to get this all over with quickly. I realize I should have thought about this problem sooner, but I guess as a blue state person I always just assumed these loose gun laws in red states meant they more or less handed out firearms like candy.

I appreciate the help. I'm in a dire state.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You can buy a long gun out-of-state, but it has to be sent to a FFL in the home state?
Yes. As long as the gun is legal in your state.

Still, I think the easiest way would be for you to hold off a bit on your CTB, apply for your FOID, and just buy the gun in your own state. Don't forget, there are a lot of additional "fees" that have to be paid to the FFL dealer, too, probably on both ends.