Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Hmm...from what I'm seeing online, single skin tents are made with breathable material to aid in ventilation....

Reactions: thundersnail, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
As far as I know, my tent is a single skin......I'll have to check if it's waterproof, and read into that thread you said. I'm a bit confused right now.

Reactions: Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
As far as I know, my tent is a single skin......I'll have to check if it's waterproof, and read into that thread you said. I'm a bit confused right now.
I'm surprised honestly..

I would've said sulphuric and formic was a more productive and reliable method
Its true but each one has its advantage. Charcoal burning is cheaper and easier for those who don't want to learn basic chemistry just to die. Acid mixing aka the COgen is definitely a desirable method but most of us avoid it for some reason or another.

Best method would be just attaching a mask to a CO tank but nobody can get those :(

Reactions: NoIdeaAtAll, thundersnail, outhor and 4 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I would've said sulphuric and formic was a more productive and reliable method
I would think that it would be unpleasant due to breathing in the acid mixed with the fumes. Charcoal should be peaceful and unnoticeable...

Reactions: aenr21, vfghjkjhilkj, Deafsn0w and 1 other person
E

epil

Sep 7, 2018
I would think that it would be unpleasant due to breathing in the acid mixed with the fumes. Charcoal should be peaceful and unnoticeable...
A potassium hydroxide wash would eliminate any acid fumes in the gas. I tried with just water and the gas wasn't that unpleasant to breath.

Reactions: thundersnail, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
A potassium hydroxide wash would eliminate any acid fumes in the gas. I tried with just water and the gas wasn't that unpleasant to breath.
Interesting.... I take it this is the method you are going with?

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
E

epil

Sep 7, 2018
I also tried the charcoal method. I survived. Maybe not enough charcoal. It was far from pleasant.

Last edited:
Reactions: Saed, thundersnail, Deafsn0w and 2 others
E

epil

Sep 7, 2018
Interesting.... I take it this is the method you are going with?
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/carbon-monoxide-acids-stepping-over-the-edge.3893/#post-67298

Check out my thread

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and lv-gras
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I also tried the charcoal method. I survived. Maybe not enough charcoal. It was far from pleasant.
Sorry to hear that but, like the acid mixing, its a method that can fail if not entirely understood. Although its very simple..
Light charcoal in chimney burner
Tip into container, bucket, whatever
Place on heat mat or in another bucket/tray of water to catch downward heat
Get in tent with the coals and wait

Tent should be a single skin with taped seams and preferably 3000mm hydrostatic head or higher.

Ez pz that's my plan and its worked for others. The absolute most important thing is to not have a leakage especially with charcoal burning because of the slower CO production.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, vfghjkjhilkj, SMarie1204 and 4 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I just had a good idea. Maybe unnecessary, but still a good precaution. A cardboard box that is just the right size to comfortably lay your head in while you fall asleep, so that the gas will accumulate around your face :D

Reactions: AtomicNewt, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
C

cappuccinogirl

Experienced
Aug 11, 2018
Hi does anyone know if carbon monoxide itself makes you sleep. Thanks

Reactions: Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, SamK and 1 other person
bbq1

bbq1

Gone
Aug 3, 2018
Hi does anyone know if carbon monoxide itself makes you sleep. Thanks
It does. It's one of it's traits. By lowering the total amount of oxygen in your blood you'll feel sleepy and settle down for a nice nap. A permanent one.

Reactions: thebelljarrr, mama_1990, aenr21 and 6 others
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
I've decided to do this in my back yard shed after all. I'm going to put my tent inside of the shed with a tarp over it. Impossible to survive.

Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Did you read the 8chan thread or anything? The tent needs to be a water proof, SINGLE SKIN its really important, with taped seams.
What thread are you talking about?

couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
i was thinking about a tent but atm i think if i go for this method ill just look for a lonley shack to rent in the woods

more comfy then a tent

more privacy then a hotel room

Reactions: vfghjkjhilkj, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Dani Paradox

Dani Paradox

Permanently Banned
Aug 17, 2018
i was thinking about a tent but atm i think if i go for this method ill just look for a lonley shack to rent in the woods

more comfy then a tent

more privacy then a hotel room
Careful about not enough CO, though, if you go that route. The smaller the space the better. Otherwise, could end badly...

couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
Careful about not enough CO, though, if you go that route. The smaller the space the better. Otherwise, could end badly...

i look for shack with a small bathroom or just a small extra room in general

Reactions: vfghjkjhilkj, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
couldntthinkofaname

couldntthinkofaname

Mage
Aug 31, 2018
Einsame-H%C3%BCtte.jpg

comfy

Reactions: Kiri1988, Deafsn0w, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 1 other person
SamK

SamK

Cloud Surfing
Aug 21, 2018
I have a malawi tent. (unnamed) used this tent and succeeded... i'm just putting that out there. Its made by regetta. But i'm sure that's not the biggest factor in the success of unnamed person

Reactions: aenr21, Deafsn0w and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals