• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Bedrock48

Bedrock48

Dreadful damage, dreadful destiny
Feb 1, 2021
Hey!

I'm really sorry, I know I posted this earlier today, but I want to make sure it's in a place that is most helpful for people.

Not only do I want to have it as it's own thread, I want to make sure people can find it in this thread (the carbon monoxide mega thread).

This is a very long post, so I do apologise.

"
1)introduction

2)what does each concentration of carbon monoxide do to me? Which concentration will kill me and how long will it take?

3)How much charcoal is enough?

4)How much space do I need?

5)I GUESS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, FULL CALCULATIONS.

6)CONCLUSION

7)FINAL CONCLUSION

1)introduction

Hello everyone.

So, I posted yesterday about my attempt to end my life in august using the CO method.

And this morning I was thinking, you know what, f**k it, why not do some real calculations and research into this, rather than just making assumptions.

I made my attempt based on some advice on this website (which, btw was great advice l, because it gave me a general idea about how to go about trying to CTB in this way), But here and now, I hope, is a post with specific details about what needs to be done to CTB SuccessFully through the CO method.

And, as I've said a few times, just to cover myself legally, I do not think you should use this method to end your life, I DO NOT condone the use of this information to end your life and I am not coercing or encouraging you to end your life. Please use this information as an educational tool.

That being said, when I am to end my life, this is the method I will be using.

2)How much Carbon Monoxide does it take to get certain effects?

So, this section isn't a particularly academic, or well sourced one. I got this information from Wikipedia.

But hey, I don't think we have much reason to not have faith in this information, it looks pretty sound, especially when compared to the paper I reference from later in this post.

Obviously, the higher the concentration of Carbon monoxide, the greater the effects.

Here are the concentrations and effects as listed by Wikipedia.

1,600 ppm (0.16%), (1.6‰)Headache, increased heart rate, dizziness, and nausea within 20 min; death in less than 2 hour
3,200 ppm (0.32%), (3.2‰)Headache, dizziness and nausea in five to ten minutes. Death within 30 mins.
6,400 ppm (0.64%), (6.4‰)Headache and dizziness in one to two minutes. Convulsions, respiratory arrest, and death in less than 20 minutes
12,800 ppm (1.28%), (12.8‰)Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes

Just for a frame of reference:

5,000 ppmExhaust from a home wood fire

Obviously, 12,800 ppm seems almost impossible to achieve. The number looks huge in comparison to the measly 1,600 and to be honest it even trumps the 6,400 in double the size. (And to be honest, we have good reason to think this).

However, I am going to explain in the rest of this post how achieve-able each of these concentrations are… at least when we're talking about charcoal.

3)Charcoal and it's carbon monoxide output.

Don't worry!

In this section I will not be giving a chemistry or physics lesson in "how charcoal combusts and what it gives out" I feel that that would be a little unnecessary.

However, I will be discussing, based on a study I found online, how the amount of carbon monoxide relates to the concentration of CO in any given space.

Incase anybody wants to take a look, the website I will be referencing in this section is: https://www.bfr.bund.de/en/press_in...definitely_not_an_indoor_pursuit_-187998.html

So, without further ado (you can skip the quotes if you wish, I have summarised underneath):

"Owing to its spatial volume of 19 cubic metres, the cloud chamber provides a good model for a small garage or a living room. In the experiments, the CO concentration was measured both under the ceiling and in the immediate vicinity of the grill. No significant differences were detected, for the combustion gas was distributed relatively evenly throughout the room."

"After as little as two hours of glowing embers from 800 grams of charcoal, CO concentrations in excess of 3000 ppm (parts per million) were measured. If humans inhale ambient air of such concentrations, they faint after a few minutes"

So, as we can see here. In a 19 cubic metre space (which is a good example of a garage or living room), 800 grams of charcoal made a CO concentration more than 3000ppm in less than 2 hours.

Following this, the website tells us that this information Influenced a computer simulation of the process.

"in a closed garage where 800 grams of charcoal are burned, CO concentrations of between 750 and 1100 ppm are to be expected."

If we just go slap bang in the middle of those two readings, we can expect 925 ppm in the garage in around 2 hours.

Now, this doesn't sound too promising, maybe carbon monoxide death isn't worth trying?

Don't lose hope just yet! I will explain in the rest of this essay why this isn't as bad as it seems!

I would like to start by giving some visual references, so you can get some ideas of what this amount of charcoal may look like.

3)How much charcoal is enough?

So, as I said above, I would like to give you some idea of how much charcoal 800 grams really is.

As I said in my last post, I have already attempted to take my life using this method.

In that post I explained that I used the charcoal from 4 bar-be-quick instant BBQ's to go through with my plan.

Each of those BBQ's had 500 grams of Charcoal in them, giving a total of 2,000 grams of charcoal.

I explained in my post from yesterday, I managed to put all 4 grills into a metal popcorn bucket from Odeon, the local cinema.

Here are some pics so that you can visualise the size:

View attachment 79809

View attachment 79808

So, as you can see, 2,000 grams of charcoal isn't as much as you might think.

So, knowing this, I have attempted to roughly work out what 2,000 grams of charcoal would produce in the 19 cubic metre space.

If we use 925 ppm (in between 750 and 1100) and round the 800 grams up to 1,000:

2,000 grams of charcoal would be equal to 1,850 ppm.

This means that you would die in less than two hours whilst breathing the air in this space.

So, if you have the money and room, you should be able to buy more than 4 charcoal grills and up the ppm rather easily.

8 charcoal BBQ's at 500 grams each would put you up to 3,700 ppm, meaning you would die within half an hour.

(Also, just For reference, bar be quick in sainsburys is £2.50 and looking on Amazon they're around £5)

Now, it may appear that I am done. However, this leads me to the question of where on earth should I light my charcoal to achieve maximum effect.

I will be answering this question now.

4)How much space do I need.

So, in my last post, I explained that I attempted to end my life by putting smouldering charcoal IN MY CAR.

So, assuming that everyone has a car, or access to a similar sized unventilated place, id imagine you'd would probably find it preferable to attempt this method this way (in a smaller space), rather than using a living room or garage.

So, The average car passenger compartment is 105 cubic feet.

Here comes the absolutely insanely good news….. 105 cubic feet is equal to 2.97327 cubic metres!!! (Round that up to 3)

This means that a car, or similar sized space is almost FIVE TIMES SMALLER than the space tested in the experiment I am referencing!

5)I GUESS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART, FULL CALCULATIONS.

So, now, all that's left to do is the workings out.

IMPORTANT NOTICE, SCROLL DOWN TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS SECTION IF YOU WANT TO AVOID RAMBLING EQUATIONS.

So, if I've done my calculations correctly. (Bear with me this is where I find it a little complicated)

60X2 = 120 (120 mins)

3000ppm/ 3 = 1000 ppm

120 (mins)/ 3 = 40

19/3 = 6.33333 (6.33)

6.33 divided by itself = 1

40/6.33 = 6.319 (6.32)

1000/6.33 = 157.977 (157.98)

This may look like a whole lot of nonsense, but these calculations mean that it takes 6.32 minutes to fill 1 cubic metre with 157.977ppm

This means that the average car (3 cubic metres) takes takes 19 mins to fill with 473.931 if you use 800 grams of charcoal:

6.32X3 = 18.96 (essentially 19 mins)

157.977X3 = 473.931ppm

I know that there is a tapering point for CO with burning charcoal (as in, there is a point the CO won't go any higher), but if the findings from these calculations have a direct correlation with each-other, it should take

1000 grams of charcoal, 7.9 minutes to fill 1 cubic metre with 197.4762 (197.476ppm)

So, 4 charcoal BBQ's weighing 500 grams each (2000 grams), would take 15.8 minutes to fill 1 cubic metre with 394.9542ppm

(….. Reading this i'm starting to see why my attempt failed).

SO, This has been going on long enough, I do apologise for all of the equations.

The actual helpful sum ends up being that it takes:

2000 grams of charcoal, 47.4 minutes to fill the average 3 cubic metre interior of a car with 1,184.8626ppm.

Meaning, you'd need to wait 94.8 mins (1.58 hours) for your car to reach 2,369.7252ppm.

This means you'd probably want to (need to) wait 3.16 hours (and that's not 3 hours and 16 mins) to reach 4,739.4504 ppm.

6)CONCLUSION

To some, this may seem like good news, to some, it may seem like bad news.

However, what these equations do is leave it all down to an individuals personal preference (that is, if they want to go through within the charcoal CO method).

For example, you know that you will die in under 2 hours if you get in your car and it's at 1,600ppm, which is after roughly leaving the charcoal burn in your car for about an hour.

But, as we know, if you get in at this level the CO levels will still be climbing. This means that it'll almost certainly be MUCH less than 2 hours…. But you will still probably not have a massively pleasant time. (nausea and headaches)

Whereas, another individual may prefer to get in the car a little later, knowing that they will die within 30 minutes of entering their car, if they enter at around the 2 and a half hour mark at 2,400ppm (and yet again, this is whilst the concentration should still be rising).

Either way, it looks as though this method will be rather time consuming either way. I would recommend making sure you have at least 5-6 hours to go through with this plan.

Also, I think it's worth saying that, Sadly, I have to admit, if you wanted to reach the EXTREMELY lethal dose of 12,000ppm (at which you'd take 1 or two breaths, pass out and die within a few minutes), you'd either have to buy a whopping 24 packs of 500 grams charcoal and wait for nearly 2 hours.

Or:

you'd probably need somewhere along the lines of 12 packs, and wait nearly 4 hours before getting in.

7)FINAL CONCLUSION

Anyway. As always, I would like to thank you for reading this post!

I hope that you find the information held forthwith helpful (and if you spot any mistakes, or if you're a real scientist please don't hesitate to point them out/ call me out on it)

As I've said before, this is still my method of choice and for anyone else who is considering using this method, I am so ecstatically happy that you will now have the resources that I didn't at the stage of my first attempt.

Thank you very much!

I wish you all well.

Feel free to comment or message me and feel free to ask any questions you have!

Knion."

I don't expect you to know the answer but I wonder if binchotan charcoal would produce higher ppm with less charcoal in a shorter space of time. I assume these calculations are based off standard charcoal (like in disposable bbqs and found at most supermarkets). Real binchotan should contain more carbon.

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
Wouldnt those little coals be long dead before you are? You talk about waiting 4 hours before entering the car, the coals would be done already. When you open the door you let out the co and no more can build. I would worry even waiting 2 hours to enter the car for the same reason, in my experience from using my bbq after 2 hours there is just mostly ashes left. I dont understand how someone can die from 1 single disposable bbq, the co level should never build to a lethal amount from it.

knion

knion

Dec 29, 2020
I don't expect you to know the answer but I wonder if binchotan charcoal would produce higher ppm with less charcoal in a shorter space of time. I assume these calculations are based off standard charcoal (like in disposable bbqs and found at most supermarkets). Real binchotan should contain more carbon.
Hey!

FIRSTLY I WANT TO SAY THAT I HAVE MADE A GRAVE MISTAKE IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

I WILL KEEP IT POSTED AS A LOT OF THE INFORMATION (such as pictures and the weights of carbon) MAY STILL BE USEFUL.

HOWEVER, MY CALCULATIONS OF THE SPACE WITHIN A CAR AND THE TIME IT WOULD TAKE TO FILL WAS WRONG.

I HAVE NOW FIXED THIS MISTAKE IN THIS COMMENT/ POST.

THESE CALCULATIONS ARE NOT ONLY MORE ACCURATE BECAUSE I DID NOT MAKE A STUPID MISTAKE, BUT THEY ARE ALSO MUCH MUCH MORE IN DEPTH.

I would like to thank Bedrock48 for their comment. Without it I wouldn't have found my mistake.

I also realise that I am posting a lot on this website, so don't worry, I will take a while off after this! Haha.

IF YOU WISH TO SEE THE HELPFUL STUFF, RATHER THAN A WHOLE LOT OF WORKINGS OUT, PLEASE SCROLL STRAIGHT TO THE BOTTOM.

Ok, so it took a little while, but I found some info on this.

Here is a picture that outlines the properties of different types of charcoal (incase anyone was interested)

IMG_5588.jpeg

I also found a study about the concentration of CO in a certain area. And this study appears to have used Binchotan as it's charcoal of choice.

"if the concentration of carbon in the briquettes is 85%, the lethal concentration of CO is 10 000 ppm and the volume of an apartment is 100 m3, then burning 629 g of charcoal briquettes could produce a potentially toxic atmosphere." - (https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2012...nduced-death-and-toxicity-charcoal-briquettes).

Sadly this study didn't focus on the time it took to produce this effect.

HOWEVER, it does tell us that only 629 g of Binchotan charcoal briquettes will achieve 10000ppm at some point, a particularly lethal concentration.

To help understand what this means and even try to figure out the timings on this, I also found another study.

This study measured the speed at which 50-100g of charcoal produced Carbon monoxide.

these were the results:

IMG_5594.jpeg

IMG_5589.jpeg

(https://www.jniosh.johas.go.jp/en/indu_hel/doc/IH_49_3_393.pdf)

I'm entirely new to the "±" symbol, but apparently it is "the confidence interval or error in a measurement"

So, for example, sample A, where it says 185 ± 31, it actually just means *roughly 185*. This is because, if I'm right, the outcome is within the realm of 185 but potentially plus OR minus 31.

It's at this point I'd like to say that I'm sorry. This reply is extremely lengthy.

I at least hope that they are genuinely useful.

Anyways.

To continue, it looks as though (If I understand this correctly), the 'best' binchotan (sample A) which i'd imagine is 85% carbon at least, releases roughly 185 ml of CO per minute.

To figure out how long it would take to get to a high enough ppm using this 85% carbon, we'll need to do some equations.

By the way, for anyone confused, as I was for a long while, PPM is an abbreviation for "parts per million" and it also can be expressed as milligrams per liter (mg/L)

PPM is calculated by dividing the mass of the solute by the mass of the solution, then multiplying by 1,000,000

So.

Let's use the example of the the room from earlier (100 m3). This room as litres would be 100,000 litres

1,000 ml is a litre.

185 ml is 0.185 litres.

So, the mass of the 'solution' (the air in the room), is 100,000 litres.

(1 minute of carbon burning) 0.185(ml) X 60 (mins) = 11.1 (litres)

11.1 (litres) / 100,000 (litres) = 0.000111 (litres)

0.000111 (litres) X 1,000,000 = 111 ppm

So it would take an hour for 50-100g (let's say 75g) of 85% Carbon to get to 111pm in a 100m3 room.

I mean, this obviously isn't going to be enough to satisfyingly end your life. So, let's use the amount of charcoal from earlier.

75g/75 = 1g

111pm / 75 = 1.48

1.48 X 629 = 930.92

So, 629 grams of 85% charcoal in a 100m3 room would take an hour to get to 930.92 ppm of CO.

So this means, in the initial test that I talked about, they probably measured that it got to 10,000 ppm after around, well, 10 hours

(which would obviously still make sense and be alarming in the context of the research, because it is surrounding cooking inside buildings such as restaurants, which are open for extended periods of time)

Anyway.

To finally answer your (
Bedrock48) question.

If we assume that binchotan is 85% charcoal, and the BBQ charcoal briquettes are roughly 75% you would be correct in saying that the effect would not only create less smoke (as that is something binchotan does), but it would also cause death much more quickly, (or you would at least need more of the briquettes to achieve the same effect, but not A LOT more as far as I can tell).

If we want prove this, all we really need to do is as follows:

If it takes 629 grams of 85% charcoal an hour to fill a 100m3 room with 930.92 ppm, then:

629g / 85 = 7.4 g

85g - 75g = 10g

85g + 10g = 95

7.4 X 95 = 703

It would take 704 grams of 75% carbon an hour to fill a 100m3 room with 930.92 ppm.

So 85% charcoal only needs 629 grams to beat 75% charcoal's 704 grams to achieve the same goal in the same time.

CHARCOAL CARBON MONOXIDE IN A SMALL SPACE.

So, as I said at the beginning of this post/ reply, I made a massive mistake in the original post.

So, this is where I would like to make up my mistake by talking about the time it would take to die in the same space as, say, a car, through this method.

(Just an FYI, it gets even MORE tricky from this point.)

So, 930.92 ppm is 930.92 g/ litre.

A single m3 is 1000 litres and 100m3 holds 100,000 litres.

So If it takes one hour to reach 930.92 g/litre in a 100,000 litre room, Then, in a room only 3,000 litres big:

100/3 = 33.43333333333333

33.43333333333333 X 1,000 = 33,433.33333

33,433.33333 X 930.92 = 31,123,758.66666667

An hour would've been enough time to reach 31,123,758.666666667ppm (which obviously doesn't make sense).

So this means, if 60 minutes would have had to have passed to achieve the 31,123,758.7ppm, we would achieve 1ppm in 0.000001927787728 minutes. This is 1.927788e seconds

SO, to achieve the lethal dose of 10,000ppm that we want in our (on average) 3 cubic metre car, we would want to wait:

1ppm X 10,000 = 10,000 ppm

1.927788e X 10,000 = 19,277.88

This is equal to 5.3547222222222 hours!

(And this is the case with 705 grams of 75% charcoal, and 629 grams of 85% charcoal, more charcoal would achieve affects more quickly)

ANYWAYS, THE REAL IMPORTANT, MINI VERSION OF THIS STUFF IS BELOW:

If you saw this post/ reply and thought, wow, that's way too much to read. Here is what I have found.

1,600 ppm (0.16%), (1.6‰)Headache, increased heart rate, dizziness, and nausea within 20 min; death in less than 2 hour
3,200 ppm (0.32%), (3.2‰)Headache, dizziness and nausea in five to ten minutes. Death within 30 mins.
6,400 ppm (0.64%), (6.4‰)Headache and dizziness in one to two minutes. Convulsions, respiratory arrest, and death in less than 20 minutes
12,800 ppm (1.28%), (12.8‰)Unconsciousness after 2–3 breaths. Death in less than three minutes

It would take 629 grams of 85% charcoal (binchotan) one hour to reach 930.92 ppm in a room 100 cubic metres big.

It would take 704 grams of 75% charcoal to have the same effect.

AND, most importantly, it would take just over 5 hours for 629 grams of 85% charcoal, OR 704 grams of 75% charcoal to reach 10,000ppm in a car with an interior that measures 3 cubic.

Anyways.

Yet again, I profusely apologise for the mistake I made in my last post. I am extremely sorry about that.

I hope that this message will be helpful and easy to read for all of you who wish to CTB by carbon monoxide poisoning via Charcoal.

Thank you all so much,

Knion.

Wouldnt those little coals be long dead before you are? You talk about waiting 4 hours before entering the car, the coals would be done already. When you open the door you let out the co and no more can build. I would worry even waiting 2 hours to enter the car for the same reason, in my experience from using my bbq after 2 hours there is just mostly ashes left. I dont understand how someone can die from 1 single disposable bbq, the co level should never build to a lethal amount from it.
Hey!

Thanks for your reply.
In my experience (from my last attempt) the (4 trays and 2000 grams of) charcoal strangely lasted well over 20 hours.
(and no! I'm not kidding or putting on a show! I'll explain in a bit)

At the time of my attempt, I lit the charcoal and waited 30 mins for the fire to stop, I then put the charcoal into the car.
I must admit, I have no experience with opening the car door, as I sat in with my charcoal last time, however, I am fairly confident that if you were quick, too much CO shouldn't leave.

Anyways, as I said in my first (Ish) post about this, I failed my attempt and went to the hospital. After I got back from the hospital I spent the day kinda wallowing in self pity and melancholy.
The next day I visited my grandfather with my parents and brother for a few hours.

When we got back to our house, there was a roaring fire in the fire pit in our back garden (where we throw old dead tree branches etc).
Before leaving, my brother had finally emptied the charcoal into the fire pit, thinking that the charcoal was done doing its job.
But it looks as though the charcoal WAS STILL BURNING almost a day and a half after my attempt.

I know we can all have different experiences, and maybe I was just lucky (and unlucky and stupid), but from my personal experience, the charcoal method is a pretty good one.

Not that I want to sound like I'm overly advocating for it! Haha, people can do whatever they want to do Of course!

Anyways, yes, thank you for your reply. I hope I was of some help,

Knion.

Last edited:
T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
Im having some doubts about how reliable the charcoal method is. My CO monitor only goes to 1000 ppm so i wouldn't know how much charcoal is needed for a timely end. I might see if i can buy an old portable generator, it seems more reliable. I will drive my suv to the middle of nowhere and fire up the generator in the cargo area, close my eyes, and die peacefully within an hour i hope. Any thoughts?

Reactions: yellowjasmine88
knion

knion

Dec 29, 2020
Im having some doubts about how reliable the charcoal method is. My CO monitor only goes to 1000 ppm so i wouldn't know how much charcoal is needed for a timely end. I might see if i can buy an old portable generator, it seems more reliable. I will drive my suv to the middle of nowhere and fire up the generator in the cargo area, close my eyes, and die peacefully within an hour i hope. Any thoughts?
I can completely understand being sceptical about this, and really any method when attempting to CTB.
However, I will not and cannot encourage you to make a decision in either way.
I only want to reach out to make sure you're ok and this isn't causing your life to be any worse than it may already be.

That being said, even if you have lost faith in the charcoal CO method, a lot of what has been said before, not only by me, but by others still stands.

If you were to attempt the CO method with a generator instead of charcoal the method should still stay roughly the same.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know how long it takes for a generator to build PPM in an enclosed area, as all of the research I have done is in the charcoal area.
That being said though, I would at the very least recommend (if you do choose this method) not sitting in the car with the generator as the CO builds.

Even if you only take this as advice from my experience with my first attempt, you will probably end up feeling extremely ill and not have a pleasant end if you wait in your SUV with the generator.

I would suggest doing some more research surrounding the CO output from portable generators or at the very least, wait around 2 hours for the concentration of CO to build inside your vehicle.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you are having doubts and only 'hope' that you will die peacefully.
I wish there was a way to tell you how to be certain that your attempt would be successful, alas, there are always too many variables in these cases.

However, the only thing I would say is that I am extremely confident in the research that I have done, and I will still be going through with the charcoal method. (And this is in no way an endorsement or encouragement to do the same).

I wish you all the best.

B

blackbok

Nov 26, 2021
One question regarding the production of co from burning charcoal . Is the co produced because there is not enough oxygen ? So u get incomplete combustion and then u get co ? If u have enough oxygen then u get carbon dioxide ? So if u can control the amount of oxygen then u can control the co output ?

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
I can completely understand being sceptical about this, and really any method when attempting to CTB.
However, I will not and cannot encourage you to make a decision in either way.
I only want to reach out to make sure you're ok and this isn't causing your life to be any worse than it may already be.

That being said, even if you have lost faith in the charcoal CO method, a lot of what has been said before, not only by me, but by others still stands.

If you were to attempt the CO method with a generator instead of charcoal the method should still stay roughly the same.

I'm sorry to say that I don't know how long it takes for a generator to build PPM in an enclosed area, as all of the research I have done is in the charcoal area.
That being said though, I would at the very least recommend (if you do choose this method) not sitting in the car with the generator as the CO builds.

Even if you only take this as advice from my experience with my first attempt, you will probably end up feeling extremely ill and not have a pleasant end if you wait in your SUV with the generator.

I would suggest doing some more research surrounding the CO output from portable generators or at the very least, wait around 2 hours for the concentration of CO to build inside your vehicle.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear that you are having doubts and only 'hope' that you will die peacefully.
I wish there was a way to tell you how to be certain that your attempt would be successful, alas, there are always too many variables in these cases.

However, the only thing I would say is that I am extremely confident in the research that I have done, and I will still be going through with the charcoal method. (And this is in no way an endorsement or encouragement to do the same).

I wish you all the best.
Thanks friend. There is lots of accidental deaths from generators and in my research it seems really quick like in minutes not hours. The one story i most vividly recall is the guy that put the generator in the car and he was dead when the genny still had ¾ of its fuel still left. Im just done with life. I'm not allowed to see my own children, i was evicted from my own house, and i just dont see any reason to continue this bullshit existence. Im not looking for attention or pity, just trying to end the pain of this life. Hoping to ctb before the end of the year and time is quickly running out.

knion

knion

Dec 29, 2020
One question regarding the production of co from burning charcoal . Is the co produced because there is not enough oxygen ? So u get incomplete combustion and then u get co ? If u have enough oxygen then u get carbon dioxide ? So if u can control the amount of oxygen then u can control the co output ?
Hey!

In a simple answer, yes, you're absolutely right!

"Incomplete combustion occurs when the supply of air or oxygen is poor. Water is still produced, but carbon monoxide and carbon are produced instead of carbon dioxide." - (https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/guides/zx6sdmn/revision/1)

If there is not enough, or a lack of O2 (oxygen) in the air when carbon monoxide forms, then there isn't enough oxygen to complete the combustion 'properly'.

C + 02 = C02.

In a usual combustion, carbon monoxide is produced as well, but carbon dioxide is produced at the same time.

When there is a lack or no oxygen in the air, you just get the reaction that creates the carbon monoxide.

So, in theory…. And really, in practice, you would be right in saying that if you could control the oxygen content in the air, you should also be able to control (better) the production of CO.

Although, it is worth pointing out, that as the combustion takes place in an enclosed, and minimally/ non-ventilated space, the oxygen naturally decreases over time. Meaning that you can be sure the CO production is increasing after a certain amount of time.
(I just want to make it clear here that CO is still prediced from the beginning, it's just that less CO2 and more CO is formed as less oxygen is left to complete the reaction)

Anyways, I went on a bit there, but to answer your question.
Yes, you are right! 😊

knion

knion

Dec 29, 2020
Thanks friend. There is lots of accidental deaths from generators and in my research it seems really quick like in minutes not hours. The one story i most vividly recall is the guy that put the generator in the car and he was dead when the genny still had ¾ of its fuel still left. Im just done with life. I'm not allowed to see my own children, i was evicted from my own house, and i just dont see any reason to continue this bullshit existence. Im not looking for attention or pity, just trying to end the pain of this life. Hoping to ctb before the end of the year and time is quickly running out.
Hey!
I finally got around to doing at least a little research surrounding generators and their production of Carbon Monoxide.

After a short while, I Managed to find this:

You may notice that this study doesn't focus on generators in general, HOWEVER, it does give a lot of information surrounding gasoline-powered machinery (in this case pressure washers).

"A 5.5-horsepower, gasoline-powered pressure washer was operated inside an 8,360-cubic-foot, double-car garage using two ventilation scenarios. In the first or "worst-case" scenario, all doors, windows, and vents were closed. Breathing-zone concentrations of CO reached 200 ppm within 5 minutes, 1,200 ppm (IDLH value) within 15 minutes, and 1,500 ppm within 19 minutes; they continued to increase thereafter. In the second or "best-case" scenario, the two double-car garage doors and one window were left open and the vent was unsealed; breathing-zone concentrations of CO reached 200 ppm within 3 minutes and peaked at 658 ppm within 12 minutes. The results from the simulations indicate that acutely toxic concentrations of CO greater than 200 ppm (NIOSH ceiling) can be quickly generated within 3 to 5 minutes near a pressure washer operated indoors (even when passive ventilation is provided), and IDLH concentrations of 1,200 ppm can be generated rapidly in enclosed spaces."

This excerpt is shown more simply in this graph:
IMG_5660.jpeg

Not only is there the experiment above in the reference link I provided, but there is also this following experiment:

"engineers modeled the time required for a gasoline-powered, 5-horsepower, 4-cycle engine to reach the 200-ppm (ceiling) and 1,200-ppm IDLH CO concentration for room sizes of 1,000 to 100,000 cubic feet and general ventilation rates of 1 to 20 air changes per hour [ACGIH 1992b]. The CO generation rate used in the model was 670 grams/horsepower-hour based on data from a 1991 EPA study [EPA 1991b]. Ideal mixing was assumed. Under actual conditions, if mixing were poor, hazardous concentrations could develop more quickly. In the small 1,000-cubic-foot room, the ceiling concentration of 200 ppm was reached in approximately 0.1 minute, and the IDLH was reached in less than 1 minute at all air flow rates. In the medium 10,000-cubic-foot room, the IDLH was reached in approximately 7 minutes for 1 air change per hour and approximately 10 minutes for 5 air changes per hour. These models demonstrate that for rooms up to 10,000 cubic feet, the NIOSH ceiling limit of 200 ppm was exceeded in less than 2 minutes–even with general ventilation rates as high as 20 air changes per hour. In no case would it be possible to operate an engine for 8 hours without exceeding the NIOSH REL of 35 ppm. (see Figures 2 through 4)."

The graphs for this experiment are below:
IMG_5676.jpeg

So, as much as this study isn't about your usual generator, If you know what horsepower your generator is and you know how much space you are trying to fill, you should be able to get a rough idea of how long it'll take to fill the area.
As you can see a gasoline-powered engine seems to do the trick pretty damn fast.

If we take the first graph for example, The time taken to reach 842ppm was around five minutes.
This means that the engine created roughly 168.4 ppm per minute (842 / 5 = 168.4), which is absurdly fast.

Then, if we take the second graph, the engine in a 1,000 cubic foot room, it only took roughly 1 minute to reach 1,750 ppm!
This means you'd potentially reach 10,000 ppm in as little as 5-6 minutes.

So, as much as this method isn't available to everyone, the carbon monoxide produced using generators is absolutely insane!
Quite frankly, I wish I had access to this method.

One thing I'd like to caution however is that some new portable generators feature a built-in sensor that triggers an automatic shutoff if CO builds up to dangerous levels in an enclosed space.
So it's worth checking that this is not the case for any generators that anyone may use for this method.
Also, I am aware that some generators may have a slower CO expulsion as they are built more and more efficient as the years go on.

So I would just bear this in mind.

Anyways, yes, I'm sorry that this reply took such a long time to finish, but I hope it is at least somewhat helpful.

Other than that, I hope reading this is well,

Knion.

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
I think i could manage to sit in a smoky vehicle for 5-6 minutes. A generator seems much faster and more reliable than charcoal. I might even place the generator outside the vehicle so it can get proper air flow and just run a hose from the exhaust through a window. Similar as people did back in the day with their cars before all the emissions regulations.

B

blackbok

Nov 26, 2021
Tried this , weekend . Burned 1kg on charcoal in my tent . Sleep the whole night and woke up with a headache . I suspect the tent . Just is not sealed enough. Tried it again the afternoon with the same effect . Sad

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
Tried this , weekend . Burned 1kg on charcoal in my tent . Sleep the whole night and woke up with a headache . I suspect the tent . Just is not sealed enough. Tried it again the afternoon with the same effect . Sad
Thank you for posting your experience. What is your plan now?

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
Good question , try again in a better small seal area . ?? Sn, or partial . . Don't have a suitable generator .
I dont know the cost of SN, but an old used generator sells for $100 here. Ive tried partial, failed obviously. Tried pills, failed too. I hope you can find peace my friend.

SamuelClemens400

SamuelClemens400

Nov 13, 2021
So I only have like one more day to do this but idk what to do. I want to CTB and am home alone for about 1 more day but have no money, I know where I could get enough for a round trip to home depot and 12lbs charcoal and a chimney starter. I would have to steal it from my mother though and idk if I want to do it this way because it just feels a little hasty. Like something is more likely to go wrong. I have a plan but if I want to CTB now I cant get all the parts like a CO monitor to do a test. Id have to get what I can and basically light it up to CTB as soon as I got home. I dont know what I should do

T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
So I only have like one more day to do this but idk what to do. I want to CTB and am home alone for about 1 more day but have no money, I know where I could get enough for a round trip to home depot and 12lbs charcoal and a chimney starter. I would have to steal it from my mother though and idk if I want to do it this way because it just feels a little hasty. Like something is more likely to go wrong. I have a plan but if I want to CTB now I cant get all the parts like a CO monitor to do a test. Id have to get what I can and basically light it up to CTB as soon as I got home. I dont know what I should do
Life is really a struggle, i hope you can find pease in your journey.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Anyone have specific info. on tents. Can't go anywhere, live in a converted 2 car garage, (in a house), thinking I could use a tent in the room, but I need help with specifics. Thanks

W

WoodyOak

Apr 28, 2020
Would it be just as good to use a portable propane heater in an enclosed space?

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Would it be just as good to use a portable propane heater in an enclosed space?
Not in a tent, if propane can penetrate wa;lls, it can penetrate a tent. I don't have an enclosed space, and can't get to one. I was thinking of burning charcoal in the room by an exhaust fan to draw out the smoke, taking it in the tent when it stops smoking.

Reactions: WoodyOak
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
Hi everyone. How should I burn the charcoals? Can I just put the charcoals on aluminum foil and burn them with a lighter? I know nothing about the burning method.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
Hi everyone. How should I burn the charcoals? Can I just put the charcoals on aluminum foil and burn them with a lighter? I know nothing about the burning method.
Ignorance can result in failure, incarceration or permanent damage. Look in the search bar: Method: CO charcoal,, there are archives also, RESEARCH FOR SUCCESS. Good luck

Reactions: justsayin
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
Ignorance can result in failure, incarceration or permanent damage. Look in the search bar: Method: CO charcoal,, there are archives also, RESEARCH FOR SUCCESS. Good luck
I couldn't find a thorough explanation of the burning method anywhere on this website.

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019
I couldn't find a thorough explanation of the burning method anywhere on this website.
Yes, you are rught, I apologize, the site has changed, I have been unable to find WIKI, along with others, where methods were archived. I looked for my bookmarks, but could not find them. I did find under a subject called "content" on my profile page, an entry named; METHOD; CARBON MONOXIDE MEGATHREAD. iF YOU WISH, I will try to go into that and if I find anything share it with you. but I can't at the moment. Peace

Method Carbon monoxide megathread

• Thread starter@Life sucks
  • Start dateJul 29, 2018 I found this; maybe you can find it.

Last edited:
Boredsapiens

Boredsapiens

Ignorance is bliss.
Apr 29, 2020
Yes, you are rught, I apologize, the site has changed, I have been unable to find WIKI, along with others, where methods were archived. I looked for my bookmarks, but could not find them. I did find under a subject called "content" on my profile page, an entry named; METHOD; CARBON MONOXIDE MEGATHREAD. iF YOU WISH, I will try to go into that and if I find anything share it with you. but I can't at the moment. Peace

I would be glad if you shared it.

LoneMisery

LoneMisery

Student
Jan 23, 2022
I have a 2003 durango do you think the emissions will be stronger in an older one like mine? Its also a v8 and runs very rich

C

Cleopatra123

Arcanist
Jun 8, 2019

SEARCH; Method: Carbon Monoxide Megathread: Go down to a 2018 Post by "Life sucks"
General Information:

Scams Megathread

Butanediol MegaThread

Decapitation MegaThread

Carbon Monoxide MegaThread
Search: Method: Carbon Monoxide Megathread and go BACK to page 1

Last edited:
T

trying.to.find.peace

Nov 2, 2021
I have a 2003 durango do you think the emissions will be stronger in an older one like mine? Its also a v8 and runs very rich
Nope. Mine even had the catalytic converter removed and still not enough emissions, i posted my experiencein this thread. Will try an old generator next time im feeling weak.

LoneMisery

LoneMisery

Student
Jan 23, 2022
Nope. Mine even had the catalytic converter removed and still not enough emissions, i posted my experiencein this thread. Will try an old generator next time im feeling weak.
I dont understand how a dinky 99 cavalier can put out enough but not an 03 durango

Rabhen

Rabhen

Isolated Loner
Dec 17, 2021
Cars do not release enough CO anymore to be effective. A filter or something has been added that I cannot remember the name of. If you know how to remove it I think it would still work but I'm unsure.
catalytic converter, older cars (pre 1970 for sure) without catalytic converters or with the catalytic converter removed should produce more
not sure if this is possible but what if you put higher octane gas? It may cause incomplete combustion.

edit: or lower octane if your car takes high octane.
leaded gas if you can find it