weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
weedoge,
gas-powered generator in car:
"...500 ppm CO was reached after 30 s already. For technical reasons, no further values could be recorded."
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0379073813005392

Additional info (access to entire article):
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/co-with-portable-generator.3787/#post-54805
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/co-with-portable-generator.3787/#post-54670

I hope that was what you were looking for?
Ah! Perfect, original posts in threads should be editable so all this info could be consolidated at least at the start of the thread. This is excellent info. So 14% oxygen in air causes the increase of CO production, I wonder if that is consistent effect.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
Now I get it.

I was thinking @Stryxmain was saying the combination of formic acid and sulphuric acid should be heated that way ... for some reason. Did he or didn't he ? Now I'm confused.

'The carbon monoxide produced by a generator is surprisingly high. A generator in an enclosed space like a car (3300 square meter) could be lethal within 2-6 minutes.' @HannibalLector I'm not sure if gas generators in the Eu produce that much CO ... anyway, we would need lethal levels.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Now I get it.

I was thinking @Stryxmain was saying the combination of formic acid and sulphuric acid should be heated that way ... for some reason. Did he or didn't he ? Now I'm confused.

'The carbon monoxide produced by a generator is surprisingly high. A generator in an enclosed space like a car (3300 square meter) could be lethal within 2-6 minutes.' @HannibalLector I'm not sure if gas generators in the Eu produce that much CO ... anyway, we would need lethal levels.
Any fuel burning appliance will produce CO in an oxygen lacking atmosphere, it doesn't have to be faulty I think it just helps. What I'm curious to find out is some very basic stats on how quickly different sized appliances can cause this, how much would you need to deplete the oxygen before CO production even increases, then how much after that? It's not my top priority but I'm thinking about getting a cheap CO meter to do some preliminary tests.

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
@weedoge , indeed you do want it to be lethal !

If only we had those old gas ovens. Or cars, for that matter.

Reactions: weedoge
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
@weedoge , indeed you do want it to be lethal !

If only we had those old gas ovens. Or cars, for that matter.
If only... although fun fact something I learned recently, even now it's suggested if you're cooking with a natural gas oven for more than a few hours you should crack open the window. This is to avoid oxygen reburn because even with natural gas this will cause CO to be produced, it was learning this that made me realise it's might be more than just a fantasy that someone could ctb with a clean gas appliance...

H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
Thanks buddy, also think the reburn info is relevant here especially if someone does some extra testing. It may seem like there is minimal CO being produced at first but when oxygen starts to deplete the idea is that CO production will increase. I'm curious about if it would be practical to burn these little camping gas lamps or something a bit cleaner than a generator. If you used a handful of those and also impinged the flames in some metal, then from what I've reading you should be able to bump up the CO product a bit. This is entirely hypothesis anyway and I'm curious to test this out.

weedoge,
I hope this video can be helpful to you.

Understanding btu
https://www.elgas.com.au/blog/2042-how-do-i-calculate-the-lpg-propane-consumption-per-hour

(to compete with the gas-powered generator you would probably need "lamp(s)" that consumes equally amount of propellant (propane/diesel)). A gas-powered generator probably consumes about 1,5 liter propellant/hour.

H

HannibalLector

Student
Jul 5, 2018
Hannibals carbon monoxide prescription
Combine "gas-powered generator" with "formic acid and sulphuric acid" method in a car at a secluded location should be quick, reliable and convenient. (wont be bothered by the smoke for long)

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Hannibals carbon monoxide prescription
Combine "gas-powered generator" with "formic acid and sulphuric acid" method in a car at a secluded location should be quick, reliable and convenient. (wont be bothered by the smoke for long)
I'm interested in smokeless CO only really...

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Is it enough lazily to just throw the grey White coals into a metal bucket and place it on the car floor or no? Does it have to be so much work to put the grill in with something to collect water droplets blah blah?

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Or is it quicker easier to try obtaining chemicals that'll cause CO build up in a car? Not sure of legality in Australia of said chemicals

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I just wonder how easy it is to mix chemicals and in what (like a bucket or jar) inside of a car...like mixing sulfuric and formic acid, how exactly and how long? I'm so lazy

S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
Forget it. Chemicals are too hard to obtain anyway as it says warning dangerous goods can't be ordered online need to contact seller in person or phone or email. Fudge! Can't be ordered online and when you probably email they'll ask too many damn nosy questions which is probably the reason why they do that. Damn.

Last edited:
N

nohoper

Dec 2, 2018
Is it enough lazily to just throw the grey White coals into a metal bucket and place it on the car floor or no? Does it have to be so much work to put the grill in with something to collect water droplets blah blah?

dont put the metal bucket straight on the car floor as it gets very hot so will possibly set fire to it, put it on a couple of bricks or a small slab.

Reactions: stargazer
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I'm not sure what the water thing came from but if you're thinking of the suggestion I made placing the bucket in an inch of water or something to catch the heat, as nohoper said, bricks or a slab may be more convenient for you.

Also just keep in mind, if you're using a vehicle, you might want to think a bit longer about ventilation, it seems to me that most every failure from CO in a vehicle comes from there being too much ventilation. 1% in air of CO is greatly lethal and yet it's still such a small amount that if you have ventilation it's hard to hold that concentration. Good luck, take care.

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I tested about 1 kg of coals and (apart) 500 ml of formic and sulf acids these last two days in a 10 cubic meters sealed area each, and neither was able to get CO levels above 6000 ppm - the acid stayed at about 3000.
Conclusion would be that you have to use at least 2-3 kgs of coals per 10 cubic meters of space (we need to reach about 10000 ppm ideally), and likely about 3 liters each of formic and even more sulfuric acid... I'm not done testing yet.
Good news is that my coal briqs are turning out perfectly by now, and my method of controlling acid fumes works well - so I have to find out if it may be working TOO well next, and turn up the brick volume ;)

A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
I've been looking for a device that allows measurement Up to 10,000 PPM CO. Something I could get/use in Europe.

Thus far, I haven't been able to find anything with that range. Suggestions ? Models and places to buy. UK or elsewhere in/for Europe.. Not restricted to the general public ... PPEH Aug 2018 was not helpful in this case.

Last edited:
S

stargazer

Arcanist
Nov 19, 2018
I'm not sure what the water thing came from but if you're thinking of the suggestion I made placing the bucket in an inch of water or something to catch the heat, as nohoper said, bricks or a slab may be more convenient for you.

Also just keep in mind, if you're using a vehicle, you might want to think a bit longer about ventilation, it seems to me that most every failure from CO in a vehicle comes from there being too much ventilation. 1% in air of CO is greatly lethal and yet it's still such a small amount that if you have ventilation it's hard to hold that concentration. Good luck, take care.
Is it from people putting the charcoal inside the car, then letting it sit there for 20-30 mins, before hopping inside the car? Cause I was thinking, that opening of doors to get back in, provably lets too much oxygen in. I would rather stay in the vehicle the moment I put the bucket in...thoughts? Even if it means consciousness for those 20-30 minutes?

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Is it from people putting the charcoal inside the car, then letting it sit there for 20-30 mins, before hopping inside the car? Cause I was thinking, that opening of doors to get back in, provably lets too much oxygen in. I would rather stay in the vehicle the moment I put the bucket in...thoughts? Even if it means consciousness for those 20-30 minutes?

It will be very very uncomfortable if you me sitting in there when its burning, going to be difficult to stay in there. Heat, smoke thats why people burn it before getting in.

weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
It will be very very uncomfortable if you me sitting in there when its burning, going to be difficult to stay in there. Heat, smoke thats why people burn it before getting in.
I'm sorry but I think you're wrong here. You only put the coals inside when they're not burning anymore anyway. People generally wait a little while so that CO can build up or at the very least the oxygen be depleted so that CO production increases before you enter the area. Also since it's cold in most places right now, if you go in a tent or vehicle, then the coals are likely to just make it comfortably warm. (from the brit pov anyway)

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I'm sorry but I think you're wrong here. You only put the coals inside when they're not burning anymore anyway. People generally wait a little while so that CO can build up or at the very least the oxygen be depleted so that CO production increases before you enter the area. Also since it's cold in most places right now, if you go in a tent or vehicle, then the coals are likely to just make it comfortably warm. (from the brit pov anyway)

Thats what i was asking.....did the OP mean burning inside the car before getting in. Regardless of temperature outside its gonna get hot in there as its enclosed, sealed off.

V

Vampire

Nov 26, 2018
Question. Could I successfully kms by parking a 2005 Honda Accord in the garage (with the doors closed), turning on the engine (as well as the heat at maximum), and lying down on the floor of the garage behind the car? How long would it take?
Sorry, I'm still a high school kid so I don't have too many options.

Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
Question. Could I successfully kms by parking a 2005 Honda Accord in the garage (with the doors closed), turning on the engine (as well as the heat at maximum), and lying down on the floor of the garage behind the car? How long would it take?
Sorry, I'm still a high school kid so I don't have too many options.

Only if the car rolls over you - so make sure that there's at least a slight decline and the hand break's not on.
There won't be a lot of CO coming out of a 2005 car's exhaust (if that was what you had been thinking about), and what there is, being warm, would dissipate upwards where you're not lying down ;)

• Yay!
Reactions: rotciv
A

Arak

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2018
For me, 'messing' with charcoals is not my thing. not enough certainty. I don't have a small car and won't be buying a small tent (where do I put it, specs) ? I don't want to end up with brain damage. I was thinking of using a room size about 4.2 by 3.5 by 2.2 metres. (roughly) See previous post.

Anyway I decided to do some research on the formic acid plus sulphuric acid combo. It has also been discussed in a differet thread.
I'll dump here a couple of links I found:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18363119

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/97879/evaporation-of-concentrated-formic-acid-and-semi-concentrated-sulfuric-acid-at-r

http://www.prepchem.com/synthesis-of-carbon-monoxide/

http://www2.uni-siegen.de/~pci/versuche/english/v44-14.html

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/carbon-monoxide-co-poisoning

'In the Peaceful Pill Handbook2, Nitschke details a method of creating a reaction chamber which generates high concentrations of CO by dripping 85% formic acid into concentrated (98%) sulphuric acid. It is claimed this chamber can achieve peaceful death within a matter of minutes if used in an enclosed space like a car, as the CO generated from the device has been measured as in excess of 3%, with levels exceeding 1% in around 6 minutes. '

That PPEH source has a cumbersome method for creating a suitable device for those with the required skills.

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com...noxide-gas-from-formic-acid-and-sulfuric-acid

Lots of question about how to do it in a practical way. Don't want to end up wth brain damage. Science basics, tech and implementation seems to be the key. I don't have a lab or lab equipment.

Please comment if you have anything to add about how to get it working. Just mixing it up while standing above the 'bucket' without proper protection is not recommended. Easy to pass out and survive. Also (localted in Europe) as of yet I have been unable to find a CO detector that can measure up to 10,000 PPM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lennox
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
I resumed my earlier charcoal briq tests today and was successful, the result being that in a 10 cubic meter room, to achieve 10000ppm of CO saturation, 5-10 kgs of charcoal briqs are sufficient, I cannot offer you any less than that ;)
I used 500 grams of supermarket briqs, which I set aflame with a special setup that would guarantee their equal burning (NOT a bleeding chimney starter), this took 20 minutes. After 25 minutes, I removed the now 2/3rd grey briqs into a more room-compatible aluminum receptacle (careful, this stuff is extremely hot) while some of them were still burning with very low flames, changing over to glow-state, and carried them into the sealed bathroom with the CO meter.
The first alarm came after 7 minutes and showed 330ppm, the second after 12 with 530ppm, the third a bit later with 570ppm - the meter, to my surprise, doesn't go any higher... that was my top level reached in a test last week but it also seems the hardware limit of this gadget. Sigh. Got it from Amazon.
My conclusion below - the meter had been placed close to the wall, a yard from and higher than the CO source. I had to open the door three times, thereby each time diminishing the CO concentration by about 15%... the CO concentration will normally not be diminished but steadily rise, and when I broke off after 25 minutes, target reached, the coals hadn't even started to disintegrate.
On the whole, it can be assumed that [you get 570ppm from 0.5kgs in 10 cubic meters, you will get 1140ppm from 1 kg, times ten to get 11400ppm] so given the losses I consciously tolerated, 0.5 to 1 kg of charcoal/briq matter set alight correctly and equally and employed with discipline, would create a fast-killing climate in one cubic meter of air inside a closed room, tent or car but I wouldn't use one of the latter two for fear of fast dissipation - also, the heat is intense and doesn't go well with the plastics cars and tents consist of these days. I almost burned a perfectly good IKEA chair which I had insulated with several layers of aluminum foil - not enough.
You would stay inside this room and the coals would go on giving off CO for the next half hour (couldn't wait, had to walk the dog), accumulating inside your sealed environment.
You may not like my way of using a cheap CO meter but the method is perfectly scientific, and I had been running some preemptive testing last week the results of which are corroborative to my results of today.
Next will be another acid test ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: thundersnail and sif
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
For me, 'messing' with charcoals is not my thing. not enough certainty. I don't have a small car and won't be buying a small tent (where do I put it, specs) ? I don't want to end up with brain damage. I was thinking of using a room size about 4.2 by 3.5 by 2.2 metres. (roughly) See previous post.

Anyway I decided to do some research on the formic acid plus sulphuric acid combo. It has also been discussed in a differet thread.
I'll dump here a couple of links I found:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18363119

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/97879/evaporation-of-concentrated-formic-acid-and-semi-concentrated-sulfuric-acid-at-r

http://www.prepchem.com/synthesis-of-carbon-monoxide/

http://www2.uni-siegen.de/~pci/versuche/english/v44-14.html

http://lostallhope.com/suicide-methods/carbon-monoxide-co-poisoning

'In the Peaceful Pill Handbook2, Nitschke details a method of creating a reaction chamber which generates high concentrations of CO by dripping 85% formic acid into concentrated (98%) sulphuric acid. It is claimed this chamber can achieve peaceful death within a matter of minutes if used in an enclosed space like a car, as the CO generated from the device has been measured as in excess of 3%, with levels exceeding 1% in around 6 minutes. '

That PPEH source has a cumbersome method for creating a suitable device for those with the required skills.

https://chemistry.stackexchange.com...noxide-gas-from-formic-acid-and-sulfuric-acid

Lots of question about how to do it in a practical way. Don't want to end up wth brain damage. Science basics, tech and implementation seems to be the key. I don't have a lab or lab equipment.

Please comment if you have anything to add about how to get it working. Just mixing it up while standing above the 'bucket' without proper protection is not recommended. Easy to pass out and survive. Also (localted in Europe) as of yet I have been unable to find a CO detector that can measure up to 10,000 PPM.

Yes I've read all this stuff at least a year ago and guess why I'm still testing around with charcoal ;)

No idea why people use tents, maybe they only have large rooms, so a tent inside a room would be a reasonable-seeming idea, or it might be that they live on the street.
Cars, well some people would like to die far from home so the property doesn't lose value ("Gosh, someone killed themselves here, dahling! Must be the Earth Rays... Lezz buy something else, it's Friday the 13th!") and it would blemish the family name.
I think that charcoal is sound, but you need to give it time to saturate the room while you lie there without fear of fire, War And Peace in hand so Tolstoy can put you peacefully asleep while the CO makes sure you don't wake up.
For this, you need to spend a fortnight testing with the material so as to master it.
It's not a one-night stand, a nice death is hard work and only for the tough !

I'll be messing with the acids once more these next days.

Last edited:
Reactions: sif, Deivis and Arak
Joannf

Joannf

Coração Vagabundo
Oct 8, 2018
BY THE WAY I have this thing standing outside since years and never used it... so let me bring this to your attention. Such a device probably needs be modified a bit so it burns gas INsufficiently, with a red flame... how to do it ?
If it works, it will be much cleaner than charcoals and more convenient than acid.
https://www.thecourier.com.au/story/170873/ballarat-man-dies-using-patio-heater-inside/
This is also good and highly informative... I'll be testing away with these later this week
https://carbonmonoxidemyths.com/f-a-q/

Last edited:
Reactions: Retched