• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

Ayeitsalaska

Student
Dec 19, 2018
I can't decide if I want to take the risk of suicide or not. I know it's selfish. But honestly I just don't want to experience anymore pain, suffering and discomfort. I've experienced enough severe pain and suffering in life and I don't want any more of it. Scared that if I kill myself i'll suffer tremendously in whatever happens next. I just want peace honestly. I've thought about drugging myself, laying in a dark room and doing that till I die so I won't suffer or feel anything. I don't really want to live no matter how good life gets there will always be pain and i'm just done. I'd like my consciousness to cease to exist but i'm too scared of the deep pain and suffering i'll experience in the afterlife. I wish atheism was objectively proved so I could just follow through. What do you think?

• Hugs
Reactions: Powderedmonster, puppy9, sadbunny and 8 others
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
I can't decide if I want to take the risk of suicide or not. I know it's selfish. But honestly I just don't want to experience anymore pain, suffering and discomfort. I've experienced enough severe pain and suffering in life and I don't want any more of it. Scared that if I kill myself i'll suffer tremendously in whatever happens next. I just want peace honestly. I've thought about drugging myself, laying in a dark room and doing that till I die so I won't suffer or feel anything. I don't really want to live no matter how good life gets there will always be pain and i'm just done. I'd like my consciousness to cease to exist but i'm too scared of the deep pain and suffering i'll experience in the afterlife. I wish atheism was objectively proved so I could just follow through. What do you think?
Other people can't decide this for you.

Reactions: puppy9, Ἡγησίας, Jen0804 and 3 others
A

Ayeitsalaska

Student
Dec 19, 2018
Yes but they can offer their opiouns

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Yes but they can offer their opiouns
I think there will never be proof either way for whether religion and afterlife does or doesn't exist. I think it's true that nobody has a life without pain and suffering, but some people find the pain and suffering worth it once they discover a meaning or purpose to their existence, and some people don't.

Reactions: Circles, not-2-b-the-answer and Oblivion Lover
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
I don't think anyone needs to worry about anything coming next. Just my opinion.

Reactions: lovemelovemenot, Sever, Tortured_empath and 5 others
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
On the "off topic" board there is a sticky post with hundreds of comments about the afterlife, you might want to read that

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/afterlife-and-related-general-discussion.1428/

Reactions: Circles, not-2-b-the-answer, restingspot and 1 other person
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
I wish atheism was objectively proved so I could just follow through. What do you think?

As an agnostic, this is my dilemma as well.

But my gut tells me that "hell" is just a scare tactic that society uses to frighten the herd.

Reactions: Karangel25, Tortured_empath, not_a_robot and 10 others
Oblivion Lover

Oblivion Lover

No life, no suffering
May 30, 2019
I seriously doubt any honest opinions on this subject will be enough to comfort you, but if you really want to know my opinion, I say that literally any form of hell is better than living an eternity with a sadistic omnipotent freak that condemns innocents to an eternity of suffering for the sins commited in a century or less, and saying otherwise would be hypocritical. Plus, nobody can be sure that if they're going to heaven or hell in case god exists, because we don't even know which God is the real one, assuming he/she/it/they exists.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tortured_empath, not_a_robot, jake3d and 3 others
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
Plus there's also the possibility of reincarnation, which includes the possibility of being reborn as an animal. Some people believe that life as an animal is worse than a human existence, but i think the reverse is true.

• Hugs
Reactions: not_a_robot, jake3d and not-2-b-the-answer
nightrider11

nightrider11

Jun 22, 2019
I don't believe in the afterlife, so not much to say on that front.
With respect to the "feeling selfish" sentiment, I don't believe suicide is a selfish thing at all... like think of the root of the concept: the person's life you are ending, that you're taking away, completely obliterating, is ultimately YOUR own. Its total combined effect on everyone around you is tiiny compared to the effect on you yourself. Like yes, it is an unfortunate consequence that the people you love will be hurt, but the person you're hurting THE MOST is yourself. And not a lot of people can understand that, not a lot of people can understand what pain another goes through that could make them lose their will to live... You can't trace back pain to other people and their actions in this case bc you're fundamentally taking away your own pain, your own life, at your own free will.
It's simple biology, like you know how when a cell's environment is too toxic, it'll undergo apoptosis and burst and all its nutrients will be absorbed by surrounding healthy cells? It's not the cell's FAULT its environment was too toxic; you can't blame your loved ones' pain on yourself... it makes no sense.

I think the human race is strong, and I think everything's survivable, except the very last thing that gets you, you know? and I think a lot of people can be saved, by internet forums, or medication, etc. etc. But I don't think everyone can be saved. And idk, that's just the way things are.

But don't even for a second, stay or leave this world believing that suicide is selfish.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Mbound, not_a_robot, Circles and 5 others
Fallen bad23

Fallen bad23

Student
Oct 19, 2018
I do believe that in life you experience all sorts of pain and suffering but you also experience joy and love. Since you can't decide whether to ctb or not don't rush any decision and try to give life another shot, it may surprise you. I do believe in God and afterlife and that we shall be held accountable for everything we ever did on judgement day.

not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
The burden of objective proof is on the people making the extraordinary and outrageous claims. It is up to Xians to prove the supernatural exists, not for atheists to prove it doesn't.

SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Living is just a roll of the dice, dying is just a roll of the dice. We dont hesitate to live, so why should we hesitate to die, when they are both alike? If you are not prepared to roll the dice of death, then dont. Just continue to play with the dice of life until such time that you are ready to play with the dice of death.

As someone who has died, I can honestly say, without a shadow of doubt in my mind, there is nothing to fear about death. Suffice to say, it is beyond our comprehension.

• Hugs
Reactions: Powderedmonster, not_a_robot, Ramirez and 2 others
tomz323

tomz323

Walking to the bus stop
Mar 29, 2019
Living is just a roll of the dice, dying is just a roll of the dice. We dont hesitate to live, so why should we hesitate to die, when they are both alike? If you are not prepared to roll the dice of death, then dont. Just continue to play with the dice of life until such time that you are ready to play with the dice of death.

As someone who has died, I can honestly say, without a shadow of doubt in my mind, there is nothing to fear about death. Suffice to say, it is beyond our comprehension.
Really you've died, mind if I ask what that was like?

Plus there's also the possibility of reincarnation, which includes the possibility of being reborn as an animal. Some people believe that life as an animal is worse than a human existence, but i think the reverse is true.
I think being reincarnated as a Bird or something would be awesome.

Reactions: not_a_robot and Orin
A

Ayeitsalaska

Student
Dec 19, 2018
yes please do explain your death

Reactions: Taylored
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
I was a theist and now an atheist, the damage done from theism its still etched in my mind. I know afterlife is dog shit, but there's a fear of it too. Damn , religion like drinking should be above 21.

• Love
Reactions: 262653, not_a_robot, pleasethistime and 1 other person
K

Kmf123

Jun 28, 2019
Everything in life is a risk. Take some time to think about everything. If you still can't decide then come back, private message if you want to.

Reactions: not_a_robot