Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Reactions: GentleJerk and ImsooDone1N
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Just found this music video for the Cannabis thread, when looking for some other Afroman song for the CTB acronyms thread.

I like it, the positive remix!

• Yay!
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
My input as an avid pot smoker- +it's worth what it costs (nothing). Use a proper sized Mason jar to store nugs in. Don't cheap out (they are very inexpensive anyway). Those jars above w/ the latch are often not 100% airtight like a Ball®️ Or Golden Harvest®️ Brand jar specifically made for canning of food will be When sealed. Can test a jar by Filling it with coins & placing it sealed underwater for 24h. It should be bone dry inside when you open it. I have my doubts about the jars pictured above. Top should have 2 parts; the flat covering plate w/ attached rubber gasket & the threaded metal ring to seal it down with. Those are the best. Boveda packs keep 62% humidity for months, if airtight; however they are really meant to protect the terpenes & not primarily manage humidity. I'm new to them too, but figured i would try them (they are free at the dispensary) cuz wtf.

I also used to save the best nuggs for last. But now I smoke them first, when they are at their prime. I'm personally very very picky. I have heaps of flower that is "good" however I didn't love the strain & if it's gotten dry I have no desire to smoke it. I have not smoked old/low quality weed in years. I just save it and eventually use it for edibles or tinctures. (I actually have 20g of 20% thca flower in a mason jar all chopped up ready to be decarbed & infused in the kitchen).. however I've actually been really sick the past few months & have been too unwell to do that whole process.. (ngl… rn I'm struggling w/ everything rn. Even just baking regular sugar cookies last week took 4hrs & absolutely drained me).

So I've been buying edibles & smoking a lot of live rosin, thinking its solvent free & maybe healthier. But I also still go thru a 1g raw garden live resin cart in like 7-10days.. (I use carts when I can't sit down to smoke or dab but need something more than a tincture).. they are so convenient. I can walk around my house while puffing a cart sporadically & trying to calm down & come out of my panic attacks. Wishing you the best in your move.

• Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My input as an avid pot smoker- +it's worth what it costs (nothing). Use a proper sized Mason jar to store nugs in. Don't cheap out (they are very inexpensive anyway). Those jars above w/ the latch are often not 100% airtight like a Ball®️ Or Golden Harvest®️ Brand jar specifically made for canning of food will be When sealed. Can test a jar by Filling it with coins & placing it sealed underwater for 24h. It should be bone dry inside when you open it. I have my doubts about the jars pictured above. Top should have 2 parts; the flat covering plate w/ attached rubber gasket & the threaded metal ring to seal it down with. Those are the best. Boveda packs keep 62% humidity for months, if airtight; however they are really meant to protect the terpenes & not primarily manage humidity. I'm new to them too, but figured i would try them (they are free at the dispensary) cuz wtf.

I also used to save the best nuggs for last. But now I smoke them first, when they are at their prime. I'm personally very very picky. I have heaps of flower that is "good" however I didn't love the strain & if it's gotten dry I have no desire to smoke it. I have not smoked old/low quality weed in years. I just save it and eventually use it for edibles or tinctures. (I actually have 20g of 20% thca flower in a mason jar all chopped up ready to be decarbed & infused in the kitchen).. however I've actually been really sick the past few months & have been too unwell to do that whole process.. (ngl… rn I'm struggling w/ everything rn. Even just baking regular sugar cookies last week took 4hrs & absolutely drained me).

So I've been buying edibles & smoking a lot of live rosin, thinking its solvent free & maybe healthier. But I also still go thru a 1g raw garden live resin cart in like 7-10days.. (I use carts when I can't sit down to smoke or dab but need something more than a tincture).. they are so convenient. I can walk around my house while puffing a cart sporadically & trying to calm down & come out of my panic attacks. Wishing you the best in your move.
im just reading this now and i already have them in the jars. youre totally right about the water idea though. i should have done that, ill try it the next time one's empty.
maybe you could explain why they reacted this way. when i first opened them they seemed fine and i kept them in the bag, but then got hard. after i transferred them over to the jars they went back to normal.

Reactions: jodes2
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
im just reading this now and i already have them in the jars. youre totally right about the water idea though. i should have done that, ill try it the next time one's empty.
maybe you could explain why they reacted this way. when i first opened them they seemed fine and i kept them in the bag, but then got hard. after i transferred them over to the jars they went back to normal.
Sometimes the outside of the buds feel hard and dry but there is still some moisture in the stems. When you put the buds in an airtight container, the moisture comes out from the stems and re-hydrates everything.

This happens a lot in curing. You can hang plants until they feel crispy to the touch, then cut off all the buds and put them in jars. And sometimes the next day when you check the buds they are all wet and soggy again, and need to be dried more.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Life_and_Death
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
What do you think of this? I'm... unsure. I kind of want to try it, but worried it might be a waste of money. Like it might be one of those things I buy and only use once or twice.

• Informative
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Some goodies I've had but never posted here:
Jellysickle Flower70/30 I/S- from Toluca Lake Collective / Jungle Boys Indoor/Bio 28.7%thca
5AABF90E 39C0 4C78 9B49 EF297B9CD845
MAC1 (miracle alien cookies) by ember valley farms; it's alien cookies F2 x capulator's miracle #15, creating what is now known as MAC or MAC1. Indoor/Hydroponic 30.66%thca,
24321FCF B791 418D 800A 83172C89BDE1
Dosi Dos from Anonymous Farms (The discount branch of LAK)-(Los Angeles Kush Co) Indoor/hydroponic 23.73%thca
F4141EB7 7F77 4F15 8EAC 25245761649E
Jungle Cake from AF / LA Kush. Indoor/Hydroponic as well 19.79%thca
0125A500 0313 4274 B6FA B1550FEC1BC1
9212EF90 3A66 426E 8630 C6B7FA0CF24B
Some 710 labs - Randy Watzon#13 Tier1 Live Rosin 729.92% THCa
EAAA3499 1146 4279 B955 949EDF0ABAA9
Raw Garden Loquat Slurm - Refined Live Resin- Crushed Diamonds 94.51%THCa
09806872 B3CA 4CB1 9ABC A2933F318BC0
And some Raw Garden Mendo stomper live sauce 77.31%THCa
B9039A41 417D 4EE8 8337 7B39A96BD151

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Some goodies I've had but never posted here:
Jellysickle Flower70/30 I/S- from Toluca Lake Collective / Jungle Boys Indoor/Bio 28.7%thca
View attachment 96331
MAC1 (miracle alien cookies) by ember valley farms; it's alien cookies F2 x capulator's miracle #15, creating what is now known as MAC or MAC1. Indoor/Hydroponic 30.66%thca,
View attachment 96332
Dosi Dos from Anonymous Farms (The discount branch of LAK)-(Los Angeles Kush Co) Indoor/hydroponic 23.73%thca
View attachment 96333
Jungle Cake from AF / LA Kush. Indoor/Hydroponic as well 19.79%thca
View attachment 96334
View attachment 96335
Some 710 labs - Randy Watzon#13 Tier1 Live Rosin 729.92% THCa
View attachment 96337
Raw Garden Loquat Slurm - Refined Live Resin- Crushed Diamonds 94.51%THCa
View attachment 96340
And some Raw Garden Mendo stomper live sauce 77.31%THCa
View attachment 96342
Damn that looks tastey! I'm just waiting until they legalise it here across the whole country and not just the capital. I would so love to be able to just walk into a dispo and buy these kind of treats. I know many people would love to stop giving their money to criminals, and breaking stupid laws just to have their medicinal and recreational plants.

We still have a long way to go. A bill to decriminalise possession of small amounts of cannabis nationwide, was thrown out the other week during federal elections, before it even made it to parliament.

I've been in the car with someone after they transported a few ounces to a mates place. The cops pulled homie over for a breath test, and said they could smell weed, so 3 of them together pulled us out of the car, handcuffed us, and had us sit on the side of the road in the rain, treating us as if we had a bloody firearm or something. Just because they could smell the plant. They pulled the car apart and after finding nothing, tried to interrogate us for info, until I explained to them how I am in fact well educated about my legal rights, will be talking to my lawyer, and also have the moral high ground. They tucked their tails between their legs and fucked off pretty quick after that.

Meanwhile the neighbours get maggoted on the piss and beat the shit out of each other every night, yelling and screaming etc, but the cops don't really want to deal with that. So they hunt down peaceful stoners instead and try to give free prostate exams.

It's a human rights thing at this point. Those who grow their own cannabis as a hobby, are really just rising up against oppression and unfair discrimination against the people.

• Love
Reactions: katagiri83, Foresight and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
I'm guessing your from the UK? If so I'm sorry.. it really ridiculous that its not legalized there or in more places. There is truly a difference between the legal market and the black market and the difference is so clear. Plus lab tests are important so I know that I'm consuming safe products. I Hope that it eventually get legalized in many other countries. Its really nice to be able to get from licensed Dispensaries. The first time you go to one, you will be very overwhelmed, in a good way- its always a good time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: katagiri83, Sick of it all, GentleJerk and 1 other person
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
@GentleJerk whenever I smoke weed or drink carrot juice I think of you fondly :))I've also started drinking beet juice.

I've started smoking small amounts each night. It's significantly reducing my fight or flight response the next day. I notice clear differences the next day from when I smoke at night to when I don't. I've read that thc is effective for treating ptsd. I never do large or moderate amounts because I've had one or two bad "trips" that I'm trying to avoid.

I guess it can be kind of risky but if my ptsd is pretty much terminal I don't have much to lose. I'm going to grab a nice juice, smoke a bit, and relax to music. I hopefully will enjoy some peace from my typical fight or flight panic induced triggers tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GentleJerk, Sick of it all and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
@GentleJerk whenever I smoke weed or drink carrot juice I think of you fondly :))I've also started drinking beet juice.

I've started smoking small amounts each night. It's significantly reducing my fight or flight response the next day. I notice clear differences the next day from when I smoke at night to when I don't. I've read that thc is effective for treating ptsd. I never do large or moderate amounts because I've had one or two bad "trips" that I'm trying to avoid.

I guess it can be kind of risky but if my ptsd is pretty much terminal I don't have much to lose. I'm going to grab a nice juice, smoke a bit, and relax to music. I hopefully will enjoy some peace from my typical fight or flight panic induced triggers tomorrow.
Get a decent vaporiser. I rate the Arizer solo personally. 0.3g of bud in that is ideal and you can take two or three tokes and be set. It's great for what you describe. I'm like you and don't need much. In my youth I'd go through a quarter ounce a day but looking back there was just no need. I respect and understand it more now and it's more about self medicating. Like you I found the next day is significantly impacted and I'm somewhat sedated until the evening. The great thing with a decent vapourizer is that you get the nice clean flavour of your weed too. Makes it hard to put down ha. But yeah two or three tokes and I'm set for a couple of hours unless I'm feeling greedy.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, katagiri83, Sick of it all and 1 other person
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021

Aww really? That's like, the highest honor! Wow I'm... very flattered, and feeling quite spesh.

Mmmm.. I noticed the other day that beets are quite cheap lately, so I've been doing the same. And pineapple. Oh god yes, pineapple juice. Cramming in those antioxidants! I've got a cold press, so cool when that beet slowly drips into the juice, turning it dark blood red/purple, reminds me of mixing food colours back in art class.

That's really good to hear, that you're getting something positive out of smoking a little at night. I know what you mean about the not-so-enjoyable stone, I try my best to avoid that too. Lucky I've noticed a few things to avoid the edgy anxiety high.

Here's a little story, about how I learned one reason why sometimes weed makes me freak out a bit.

My friend had a big plant growing in his back yard, I mean, this thing was ridiculously huge for the little pot it was in. Looked like an actual christmas tree. Anyway, he clipped some buds off from the bottom when it wasn't ready for harvest yet. He knew it wasn't ready, but he was impatient 'cause it was getting so damn huge. He dried them out for a few days and we had a smoke. The buds were small, light green, fluffy and sparkly. It was delicious and smooth, but really tense and edgy as fuck experience. I went into a cleaning frenzy, which is what I always seem to do when I'm a little bit freaked out, and need to distract myself. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Had trouble getting to sleep that night.

A few weeks later, he asked me to come around for another smoke, as the big plant was properly ready, harvested and dried. He wanted me to have a try of the big top cola. He doesn't top or train his plants, so the thing was the size of a milk bottle. In just a few weeks, the buds had chunked right out, and darkened to an almost orange colour. All the little white hairs turned red. It had hardened up, and was no longer sticky. It looked completely different to before. Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to it after last time, but it was absolutely great. Still tasted amazing, and super strong, but experience was so chill and happy, very relaxing and enjoyable. After a couple of bongs, we hooked up the vaporizer and passed that hose thingy back and forth, watched russian bootlegged movies all day and night.

So timing of harvest matters a lot, so does strain. Some strains are naturally more edgy, even if left to ripen properly. But all premature bud ends up more racy and panicky, I've discovered. Sadly, it's very uncommon for growers to let their buds ripen fully. Especially these days, when for some reason everyone wants young sparkly green buds. You should see the insta crowd over in some of the grow forums, when a few of us say their buds aren't ready yet. "What?! but bro!! the breeder said 14 weeks!! Oh no but what about couchlock?!" It's bizarre. Still love them though. Dude, it doesn't matter what the breeder said, if it's not ready, it's not ready.

Like I always say, if I had a million dollars for every time I saw overripe buds, I'd probably still be broke. I get it though, after so many months of growing the plants you just want to get it done already. And the longer things take, the more chance something could going wrong. But those few extra weeks makes all the difference, and if you jump the gun, that's so much time and effort wasted, shooting yourself in the foot. I gave my mate a jewelers loupe to look at his buds with, and told him don't ever think about harvesting until ALL those trichomes are milky white, or better yet, at least 80% amber like honey!

But anyway, I'm really happy for you. Have one for me, a nice smoke at the end of a long day, with some tastey juice and music to close your eyes and relax to.... Feeling good the next day!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, Foresight and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Aww really? That's like, the highest honor! Wow I'm... very flattered, and feeling quite spesh.

Mmmm.. I noticed the other day that beets are quite cheap lately, so I've been doing the same. And pineapple. Oh god yes, pineapple juice. Cramming in those antioxidants! I've got a cold press, so cool when that beet slowly drips into the juice, turning it dark blood red/purple, reminds me of mixing food colours back in art class.

That's really good to hear, that you're getting something positive out of smoking a little at night. I know what you mean about the not-so-enjoyable stone, I try my best to avoid that too. Lucky I've noticed a few things to avoid the edgy anxiety high.

Here's a little story, about how I learned one reason why sometimes weed makes me freak out a bit.

My friend had a big plant growing in his back yard, I mean, this thing was ridiculously huge for the little pot it was in. Looked like an actual christmas tree. Anyway, he clipped some buds off from the bottom when it wasn't ready for harvest yet. He knew it wasn't ready, but he was impatient 'cause it was getting so damn huge. He dried them out for a few days and we had a smoke. The buds were small, light green, fluffy and sparkly. It was delicious and smooth, but really tense and edgy as fuck experience. I went into a cleaning frenzy, which is what I always seem to do when I'm a little bit freaked out, and need to distract myself. I couldn't wait for it to be over. Had trouble getting to sleep that night.

A few weeks later, he asked me to come around for another smoke, as the big plant was properly ready, harvested and dried. He wanted me to have a try of the big top cola. He doesn't top or train his plants, so the thing was the size of a milk bottle. In just a few weeks, the buds had chunked right out, and darkened to an almost orange colour. All the little white hairs turned red. It had hardened up, and was no longer sticky. It looked completely different to before. Anyway, I wasn't looking forward to it after last time, but it was absolutely great. Still tasted amazing, and super strong, but experience was so chill and happy, very relaxing and enjoyable. After a couple of bongs, we hooked up the vaporizer and passed that hose thingy back and forth, watched russian bootlegged movies all day and night.

So timing of harvest matters a lot, so does strain. Some strains are naturally more edgy, even if left to ripen properly. But all premature bud ends up more racy and panicky, I've discovered. Sadly, it's very uncommon for growers to let their buds ripen fully. Especially these days, when for some reason everyone wants young sparkly green buds. You should see the insta crowd over in some of the grow forums, when a few of us say their buds aren't ready yet. "What?! but bro!! the breeder said 14 weeks!! Oh no but what about couchlock?!" It's bizarre. Still love them though. Dude, it doesn't matter what the breeder said, if it's not ready, it's not ready.

Like I always say, if I had a million dollars for every time I saw overripe buds, I'd probably still be broke. I get it though, after so many months of growing the plants you just want to get it done already. And the longer things take, the more chance something could going wrong. But those few extra weeks makes all the difference, and if you jump the gun, that's so much time and effort wasted, shooting yourself in the foot. I gave my mate a jewelers loupe to look at his buds with, and told him don't ever think about harvesting until ALL those trichomes are milky white, or better yet, at least 80% amber like honey!

But anyway, I'm really happy for you. Have one for me, a nice smoke at the end of a long day, with some tastey juice and music to close your eyes and relax to.... Feeling good the next day!

Even a single week makes a huge difference. Often with those 8 week flower strains. If at 8 weeks you give it just one more week the result pay dividends and the yeild is better too. Some old landrace sativa strains that are enegetic highs take way way longer to ripen but even after 12 weeks in bloom they don't cause "couchlock". I tell you what will cause couch lock. Smoking way more than necessary. I think people do that a lot these days.

I will say, there are some great strains that do ripen beautifully within 8 weeks of bloom.

The amber trichs thing is a bit of an urban myth. I mean it's not untrue but it's only applicable to some old land race strains and the rare newly bread long flowering strains. Unfortunately it's bewn adopted in a kind of chinese whispers manner in which its been interpreted as applicable to ever female flowering plant.

With most strains these days, the point they turn amber is actually degredation rather than a transition in the active compound. I know I'd get lynched and shunned on some grow forums for saying that but I can say it with certainty.

The most potent point to harvest is generally when trichs are cloudy with most modern, hybrid strains. Some will of course be amber at that point too because they've been on the plant for longer but generally overall milky white is the peak time to chop. They will continue ripening as the dry and cure process is done. I will say though, if the leaves haven started shedding it's probably worth putting a flush through first and letting it go another week. Generally, in soil a flush isn't needed but in any medium there can be inbalances in nutrients that cause the plant to keep taking up nutrients when they're essentially not needed. At the end this is more likely than ever because of the nature of ripening/dying. Everything gets thrown out of whack so any errors made in nutrient or macro nutrients ratios will be amplified at this point.

Ripe plants usually go through a dramatic change in colour at the end. Leaves take on a yellow through pink to purple hue. It's beautiful. Then they whilt and die as the flowers pull all nutrients from the leaves. The best grows ends with plants that look like they died lol. Makes trimming a lot easier too.

Last edited:
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I know I'd get lynched and shunned on some grow forums for saying that but I can say it with certainty.
Lynched? Nah no way. Majority of the grow community thinks that. I even posted a picture a while back in this thread about harvest times which says similar thing. When trichs are milk white, before any honey colour, is popularly considered the best time of harvest for "highest level thc". And "highest level thc" is erroneously thought to also mean properly ripe. Because of this info, people always think once the resin starts turning golden, that it's overdone. I disagree.

Mine and others disagreeing with this harvest time info, comes from years of experience and preference. We say, once the trichs are all milk white, that marks the beginning of the harvest window.

Ime, when you have a mix of white and gold, that is the sweet spot. Personally, I even prefer more golden than white. The level of thc might be less in the gold state than in the milk white state, but it is definitely not degradation, in the sense that the bud is still just as potent, if not more potent, with richer and heavier effects. There's still plenty of thc, but there's higher levels of CBD, CBN, and others when the flowers go beyond milky.

At least, this is what I, and some growers firmly think. And whenever I have been successful in convincing someone to begrudgingly let their buds ripen beyond 100% milk trichs, and at least get some honey in there, they always end up happier with the product and express gratitude for the tip.

I will say though, that once all the trichs are golden or amber, and you have no milky ones left, that is not ideal, and as you say, may even have some degradation. Though I'm just taking your word for that, I don't actually know for sure. Still, I'd prefer super ripe buds over unripe buds any day. Super ripe buds like that are more likely to knock you straight out, since nearly all weed is hybrid and never pure sativa. I refuse to smoke young bud these days, which is the majority of weed out there, because I know 99% of the time I'm going to get an edgy, panicky high.

I sort of liken it to tequila with that preference. With tequila they have blanco/plata (clear, unaged, yuck) reposado (gold, aged, the best imo) and anejo (brown, very aged, yuck). Or maybe even bananas! green (unripe), yellow (beginning of ripeness), yellow with a few spots (perfect imo), going soft or brown (overripe, only good for banana bread).

Some old landrace sativa strains that are enegetic highs take way way longer to ripen but even after 12 weeks in bloom they don't cause "couchlock"

Oh definitely, pure sative lacks the obvious couchlock effects even at later stages of ripeness. I prefer sedating weed, but I love landraces and pure sativas too. Good for smoking in the day when you need to do shit. Or during the peak of a psychedelic drug. Wish they were more common, but they take so long and are hard to grow in a tent. It's like finding a unicorn!

I don't understand why some people think couchlock is a bad thing though. Munchies and sleep is good! I love it when I'm so stoned I can't move. But anyway- for example, even a super couchlock-y strain like afghan kush, will have you anxious and unable to sit still and relax, if you smoke it before it's ready. When my friends weed makes me anxious, and I start pacing around cleaning up his lounge room, I know it's not ready yet. Extra ripening always helps make his weed more calm and relaxing, and if it's properly done, one cone and I'm instantly laying down on the couch with a CD playing.

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Sick of it all
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Lynched? Nah no way. Majority of the grow community thinks that. I even posted a picture a while back in this thread about harvest times which says similar thing. When trichs are milk white, before any honey colour, is popularly considered the best time of harvest for "highest level thc". And "highest level thc" is erroneously thought to also mean properly ripe. Because of this info, people always think once the resin starts turning golden, that it's overdone. I disagree.

Mine and others disagreeing with this harvest time info, comes from years of experience and preference. We say, once the trichs are all milk white, that marks the beginning of the harvest window.

Ime, when you have a mix of white and gold, that is the sweet spot. Personally, I even prefer more golden than white. The level of thc might be less in the gold state than in the milk white state, but it is definitely not degradation, in the sense that the bud is still just as potent, if not more potent, with richer and heavier effects. There's still plenty of thc, but there's higher levels of CBD, CBN, and others when the flowers go beyond milky.

At least, this is what I, and some growers firmly think. And whenever I have been successful in convincing someone to begrudgingly let their buds ripen beyond 100% milk trichs, and at least get some honey in there, they always end up happier with the product and express gratitude for the tip.
So there's a little confusion here. What I'm saying isn't in line with the people looking for highest thc. I'm not a high thc fan. Much the opposite. Though I like a reasonable mix.

The current belief that amber trichs are better comes from the old landrace strains that would go on flowering for 12 weeks and more. The transition into amber in those strains would indicate a trasition from thc to thc-v and some other more relaxing compounds in there. This was assumed to be the case across the board but it turned out not to be and under analysis in many/most more promenant strains that are largely hybrids it didn't occur in the same manner. I'm not sure why and it been a few years since I frequented any grow forums but back then it was considered ungodly to harvest before the 9 week of bloom mark amongst seasoned growers. Though I certainly saw a lot of bud on the streets that was chopped way too soon. It appears, from what you say these people havw bwcome predominant on the boards these days. That's a real shame.

I'm not looking to tell anyone how they ahould or should grow for themselves. Each to there own. I just wanted to clear up my take as it appears you might have thought my views to be in line with this newer bread.

Whilst the grow, cut and cure process has a significant impact on the end product it will ultimately be mostly influenced by the strains genetics. Though veering wildly on either side of the harvest window will impact the finished product as it hasn't had chance to even produce some of the active components. So the reason I understand very unripe bud to be racey is that it hasn't developed certain compounds yet. And I agree that leaving your plants to grow until full ripeness is key to avoiding that overly racey feeling. The only thing I contest is that golden trichs indicate this. Based on analysis I've seen in the past. Unfortunately it's been too long for me to go back and find the mass spectrum analysis results to back this up.

So to summarise - in some old long flowering landrace Sativas the turn from milky to amber trichs fell in line with the transition from heavy thc to thv and a few other less racy compounds and this resulted in a more enjoyable experience. So at that time the belief held true and that was a bar by which things were measurw when growing. This lesson of course gor passed down through generations of growers and became lore. However, in relatively recent years these old hand got holds of better ways to analyse and understand their strains. They found it still held true for those old landrace strains but in more prevelant hybrid strains it appeared that whilst in some cases the coincidence might occur that a plant with very golden teichs is sedating it could abd did also occur that pure amber trichs could provide a racey high too, dependant on strain and other factors. For example, if you handle the buds a lot during a grow you snap the heads of the trichomes and they will turn amber very quickly. Under analysis the results displayed degredation of all active compounds. Similarly this was observed in plants that hadn't been handled. What became apparent was that the point for highest thc is not at the point of clouding/milky but a short period before when they're swollen but transparent. At the thw point they're milky the thc has fallen below its peak. This holds true when you consider what you said yourself about thw low cut early bud. That would have had predominately transparent trichomes, right? As it was a few weeks prior to the actual point of harvest.

So, what I'm saying, based on the above is that actually, whilst the belief that amber = ripe/relaxed was based in fact at one point, things changed but as it had been passed down from growers with genuine knowledge it was held in high regard and lived on past the point where things changed with the introduction and breeding of hybrid strains. Its now lodged in many peoples beliefs because they see a very ripe plant that has amber trichs and the calming high they desire so this reinforces their belief however it is in fact just positive reinforcement of something that's no longer true but happens coincidentally. As the analysis had shown that milky is an indicator that thc levels have passed their highest peak and maturation has begun. At this point maturation/ripening of trichomes occurs whether the bud is on the plant or not. However, it does pay to allow a few to go amber because at that stage there are still some clear trichs hiding out, playing catch up.

But again, I have to hold my hands up and say I don't have the results to hand in order to provide sitations. I probably could go searching to find them. I have nothing to gain nor lose from doing so. If I'm honest though, I'm not inclined to as it involves more effort than I can muster (in fact writing this post has taxed my old brain somewhat) and as such I'm more than happy to agree to disagree as I'm just some guy on the internet. Feel entirely free to take my words with a grain of salt. I'll still like you just the same. : )

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: GentleJerk and ImsooDone1N
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
So there's a little confusion here. What I'm saying isn't in line with the people looking for highest thc. I'm not a high thc fan. Much the opposite. Though I like a reasonable mix.

The current belief that amber trichs are better comes from the old landrace strains that would go on flowering for 12 weeks and more. The transition into amber in those strains would indicate a trasition from thc to thc-v and some other more relaxing compounds in there. This was assumed to be the case across the board but it turned out not to be and under analysis in many/most more promenant strains that are largely hybrids it didn't occur in the same manner. I'm not sure why and it been a few years since I frequented any grow forums but back then it was considered ungodly to harvest before the 9 week of bloom mark amongst seasoned growers. Though I certainly saw a lot of bud on the streets that was chopped way too soon. It appears, from what you say these people havw bwcome predominant on the boards these days. That's a real shame.

I'm not looking to tell anyone how they ahould or should grow for themselves. Each to there own. I just wanted to clear up my take as it appears you might have thought my views to be in line with this newer bread.

Whilst the grow, cut and cure process has a significant impact on the end product it will ultimately be mostly influenced by the strains genetics. Though veering wildly on either side of the harvest window will impact the finished product as it hasn't had chance to even produce some of the active components. So the reason I understand very unripe bud to be racey is that it hasn't developed certain compounds yet. And I agree that leaving your plants to grow until full ripeness is key to avoiding that overly racey feeling. The only thing I contest is that golden trichs indicate this. Based on analysis I've seen in the past. Unfortunately it's been too long for me to go back and find the mass spectrum analysis results to back this up.

So to summarise - in some old long flowering landrace Sativas the turn from milky to amber trichs fell in line with the transition from heavy thc to thv and a few other less racy compounds and this resulted in a more enjoyable experience. So at that time the belief held true and that was a bar by which things were measurw when growing. This lesson of course gor passed down through generations of growers and became lore. However, in relatively recent years these old hand got holds of better ways to analyse and understand their strains. They found it still held true for those old landrace strains but in more prevelant hybrid strains it appeared that whilst in some cases the coincidence might occur that a plant with very golden teichs is sedating it could abd did also occur that pure amber trichs could provide a racey high too, dependant on strain and other factors. For example, if you handle the buds a lot during a grow you snap the heads of the trichomes and they will turn amber very quickly. Under analysis the results displayed degredation of all active compounds. Similarly this was observed in plants that hadn't been handled. What became apparent was that the point for highest thc is not at the point of clouding/milky but a short period before when they're swollen but transparent. At the thw point they're milky the thc has fallen below its peak. This holds true when you consider what you said yourself about thw low cut early bud. That would have had predominately transparent trichomes, right? As it was a few weeks prior to the actual point of harvest.

So, what I'm saying, based on the above is that actually, whilst the belief that amber = ripe/relaxed was based in fact at one point, things changed but as it had been passed down from growers with genuine knowledge it was held in high regard and lived on past the point where things changed with the introduction and breeding of hybrid strains. Its now lodged in many peoples beliefs because they see a very ripe plant that has amber trichs and the calming high they desire so this reinforces their belief however it is in fact just positive reinforcement of something that's no longer true but happens coincidentally. As the analysis had shown that milky is an indicator that thc levels have passed their highest peak and maturation has begun. At this point maturation/ripening of trichomes occurs whether the bud is on the plant or not. However, it does pay to allow a few to go amber because at that stage there are still some clear trichs hiding out, playing catch up.

But again, I have to hold my hands up and say I don't have the results to hand in order to provide sitations. I probably could go searching to find them. I have nothing to gain nor lose from doing so. If I'm honest though, I'm not inclined to as it involves more effort than I can muster (in fact writing this post has taxed my old brain somewhat) and as such I'm more than happy to agree to disagree as I'm just some guy on the internet. Feel entirely free to take my words with a grain of salt. I'll still like you just the same. : )
Just to turn the entire thing on it's head after such a deep discussion- tbh these days I might not even look at the trichs when judging if a plant is ready or not. Sometimes you can find amber/honey somewhere on the plant even as early as week 6, so it can be sort of confusing relying heavily on that method. I can usually tell if she's completely ready just by using the force, like a feeling, but if I choose to look with a microscope anyway, it's usually confirmed with lots of nice swollen calyxes and plenty of sparkly gold and no clear.

On the other hand, some of the best experiences I've ever had were from charas, that I'm sure would have been hand rolled from the resin of young, green, and sticky flowers. They walk through the crops all throughout flowering and roll em' like sausages all day to get the charas. When the buds mature to the point I like it, it loses that stickiness which makes for good charas. Not that you would ever make charas unless you had heaps of outdoor plants, but yeah anyway you get it. :)

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Wouldn't it be great to have fields to run through to collect your own charas!? If only.

Sticky AF thoufh lol. That shit doesn't wash off completely in one go. I've stunk for days and come out the shower smelling of haze. It's rather nice. Just wish I could sell the rights to Radox. :))

There's such a lot of variable in growing and the plant matter itself needs a certain amount of time to use up all it'a chlorophyll and nitrogen. Otherwise it ends up with that green taste we've all experienced with street dealers or random scraps we smoked just because it was there. Fast drying can do that too of course.

And, yeah, I agree, the trich coverage of a plant doesn't occur uniformly so parts arw more mature than others. I've seen new teichone production right into the final days.

I suppose there's more than one way to skin a canna p. :))

There's something quite romantic about kids running through the feilds, hands flailed out collecting resin. Bit more romantic that scissor hash anyway lol. Same stuff though.

It's been 2 years since I partook. I think it's about time I did. Having had cognitive complications from my illness I just stopped dead. My world turned upside down and inside out so it was something I didn't bother with. My health was too poor. Now though I'm hoping there neuroprotective nature of it might actually provide some benefits. I miss my evening ritual and the choice from a stash selection. I really enjoy thw flavour of a fruity haze and a few hours of meaningful reflection and getting immersed in a film. I miss it more than I can say. More than anything I miss me. I so hope a little vape will help me find the path home. (I'm considering some other things too. Psylocybin, ketamine, cerebrolysin and hopefully some helpful suggestions from the specialist I'm due to see). It's been the unimaginably worst 2 years of a lifetime!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Wouldn't it be great to have fields to run through to collect your own charas!? If only.

Sticky AF thoufh lol. That shit doesn't wash off completely in one go. I've stunk for days and come out the shower smelling of haze. It's rather nice. Just wish I could sell the rights to Radox. :))

There's such a lot of variable in growing and the plant matter itself needs a certain amount of time to use up all it'a chlorophyll and nitrogen. Otherwise it ends up with that green taste we've all experienced with street dealers or random scraps we smoked just because it was there. Fast drying can do that too of course.

And, yeah, I agree, the trich coverage of a plant doesn't occur uniformly so parts arw more mature than others. I've seen new teichone production right into the final days.

I suppose there's more than one way to skin a canna p. :))

There's something quite romantic about kids running through the feilds, hands flailed out collecting resin. Bit more romantic that scissor hash anyway lol. Same stuff though.

It's been 2 years since I partook. I think it's about time I did. Having had cognitive complications from my illness I just stopped dead. My world turned upside down and inside out so it was something I didn't bother with. My health was too poor. Now though I'm hoping there neuroprotective nature of it might actually provide some benefits. I miss my evening ritual and the choice from a stash selection. I really enjoy thw flavour of a fruity haze and a few hours of meaningful reflection and getting immersed in a film. I miss it more than I can say. More than anything I miss me. I so hope a little vape will help me find the path home. (I'm considering some other things too. Psylocybin, ketamine, cerebrolysin and hopefully some helpful suggestions from the specialist I'm due to see). It's been the unimaginably worst 2 years of a lifetime!
I'm about to hit the hay, I just logged in to quickly check notifications but I will properly respond to this soon, there's so much to unpack here, I relate to much of what you say and I could almost have said it myself! Have a good night SMN <3 talk soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
No pressure for reply man. Sleep well. 👍

• Hugs
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Just some pretty flowers & concentrates I've got at the moment. I wish it actually made me feel better but I have no one to share with.
•White Tahoe Cookies Indica-Hybrid, from Funky Monkey Cannabis. 3AA7B385 0A14 4AB0 8CFF FD6A89DF22F7
Sunset fuego Refined live resin Crushed diamonds (Indica) from Raw Garden.
2B77CE5C FE9F 4AF8 9F3B 53BFFA646658
Rainbow Cake🌈 🍰, Indica- Live Resin Diamonds, from STIIIZY
E75EFFD6 D318 4F04 B803 DF9EBEC78262
SYV (San Ysidro Valley) Breeze (Indica-Hybrid) Live Resin from Raw Garden
23F8257F 2119 443F 8EFD 2DFEBD61DA62
Diamonds And Gold OG Live Sauce (Hyb) from Cresco (was on sale for $12, from $29) and some Rio De Fuego Live Sauce (I) from Raw garden for comparison. ED8234C3 A28C 49BF 9EA4 2FF80DC787D9
Grape 🍇 Noir (Hybrid) Flower from Verano Reserve
6C45697D 19C8 4980 ABE8 D26CFC1E0233
3BDD66B5 7599 4750 815F 687E0001627B
7D7C96BC 9811 405E B1EA E7990B6BEE9B
All really good stuff. Really loving the flower & Live resin atm. Also some tinctures & other edibles (gummies & chocolates) . Gotta restock today.
This stuff helps way more than my antidepressant does. Not more than the Klonopin tho.. that medicine kinda keeps
Me going. But this helps too. Hope everyone is best as possible & well
Medicated.

M

Molded foundation

Student
Sep 17, 2021
Fuggin sw4g m8

Reactions: jodes2 and ImsooDone1N
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Welp, I've been without weed for 2 weeks now. Hopefully my tolerance has recovered and I can actually get high soon 🤞🍀🍀🍀🍀

• Love
Reactions: ManicPanic2018
D

Deboneire1

Lost all, lost everything
Sep 15, 2022
Just ignore. Im trying to get some comments up so I can send and receive PMs.
Just ignore. Im trying to get some comments up so I can send and receive PMs.

Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
Hey will there ever be or does a strain exist that has absolutely 0% THC and like 99% CBD. By absolutely 0 I mean it. So not something like 0.3 or 0.2 %. Really absolutely 0.0%. Is that even possible?

P

poko:)

Sep 16, 2022
Hey will there ever be or does a strain exist that has absolutely 0% THC and like 99% CBD. By absolutely 0 I mean it. So not something like 0.3 or 0.2 %. Really absolutely 0.0%. Is that even possible?
Probably, possible with GMO.

P

Sep 16, 2022
What's that. I know 99% cbd crystals exist and E-Liquids. But what about buds. What is that GMO?
genetically modified seeds to prevent plants from forming THC.
The highest probability is that it's man-made(chemistry) CBD. Other possibility is that this cbd is extracted somehow but don't know if it's even possible.

Lonerzepam

Lonerzepam

O'lord! I Have My Doubts
Sep 2, 2022
genetically modified seeds to prevent plants from forming THC.
The highest probability is that it's man-made(chemistry) CBD. Other possibility is that this cbd is extracted somehow but don't know if it's even possible.
Thanks man!
So with man-made do you mean RC Cannabinoids?

P

Sep 16, 2022
Thanks man!
So with man-made do you mean RC Cannabinoids?
no RC Cannabinoids is much more toxic than this from plant.
CBD is just one chemical, they can synthize it in lab.
They can take a lot of industrial hemp and extract it from industrail hemp - (for example oils)
But for sure they don't extract it from CBD/THC plants.

Reactions: Lonerzepam