Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I took 1 a couple weeks ago. That was the first edible I had, however I have a weed addiction and its normal for me to smoke 4-7 joints/day
Oh ok. Well if you want, go for it :)

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and GentleJerk
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I'm thinking of taking 4 10mg gummies. Any idea if this is a bad idea?

I think if you're used to smoking multiple joints every day, then you would probably be able to handle it. I try to only save my weed for emergencies, so 40mg worth of gummies would be a bad idea for me. :pfff:

Hopefully you have a good time.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GentleJerk and Squiddy
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
I think if you're used to smoking multiple joints every day, then you would probably be able to handle it. I try to only save my weed for emergencies, so 40mg worth of gummies would be a bad idea for me. :pfff:

Hopefully you have a good time.
Same for me too lol. When I'm at my worst, I take one and it really helps me. I remember a few weeks ago, I had started trauma therapy and the first session nearly killed me. I had to take a benzo and then an hour later, a gummy to shut down my emotions or I probably would've ctb that day. I haven't started another session since because I'm not ready yet

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GentleJerk, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
How much do you think would be too much? I should be getting 5 more gummies tomorrow. And what are the effects of too much? Im use to having bad trips. It would really fuck with my mental disorders and make it a lot worse, but idk if too much and a bad trip would be the same.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
I'm thinking of taking 4 10mg gummies. Any idea if this is a bad idea?
I mean... It's not going to hurt you. You'll probably sleep well x)
How much do you think would be too much? I should be getting 5 more gummies tomorrow. And what are the effects of too much? Im use to having bad trips. It would really fuck with my mental disorders and make it a lot worse, but idk if too much and a bad trip would be the same.
Oh I see... Just play it safe then.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Oh I see... Just play it safe then.
Honestly that's why I'm trying to figure out what the line between ok and not ok is (person dependant obviously). I'm curious what not safe is. Not as a method, just for a fucked up night.

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Honestly that's why I'm trying to figure out what the line between ok and not ok is (person dependant obviously). I'm curious what not safe is. Not as a method, just for a fucked up night.
So many variables it's hard to say. I would hesitate to tell you what to do because If you have a mental illness, the way mental illnesses play out is so unpredictable.

Plus no two plants are the same. Ive had bud from a plant that was harvested early, send me into an uneasy high. But the same weed when left to ripen a few more weeks, and dried and cured properly was absolute bliss. So yeah hard to say.

If you smoke and seem to handle it well, then you could maybe try taking one and see how it affects you. Better to play it safe I say. Even though I would prolly just smash the entire lot and sit back see how it pans out. Probably not the ideal way to go about it.

Reactions: ImsooDone1N and unredeemable
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
Even though I would prolly just smash the entire lot and sit back see how it pans out. Probably not the ideal way to go about it.
Lol that's the plan. The weekend before my bday too. I deserve this XD

• Love
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, unredeemable and GentleJerk
unredeemable

unredeemable

To be, or not to be - that is the question.
Jun 7, 2022
I have to have at least 50mg to feel anything now. And it's never as good to me as nice sticky bowl.

• Aww..
Reactions: GentleJerk, ImsooDone1N and Life_and_Death
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Chronic smoker and am now trying edibles. Still new to this kind of consumption. I have a selection of baked goods and gummies.

How long do gummies usually take to kick in for you guys? As a chronic smoker should I be ingesting at least 20 to 50mg to get the same effect?

Used to bong, then vaped but now trying this because I wanted faster results but nothing beats smoking.

Reactions: GentleJerk and ImsooDone1N
Squiddy

Squiddy

Sep 4, 2019
Chronic smoker and am now trying edibles. Still new to this kind of consumption. I have a selection of baked goods and gummies.

How long do gummies usually take to kick in for you guys? As a chronic smoker should I be ingesting at least 20 to 50mg to get the same effect?

Used to bong, then vaped but now trying this because I wanted faster results but nothing beats smoking.
Usually 45 minutes to an hour depending on if I ate or not. One time it took almost 2 hours, but that only happened once. I just took a gummy almost 50 minutes ago so it should be kicking in very soon

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: GentleJerk, Life_and_Death, ImsooDone1N and 1 other person
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Usually 45 minutes to an hour depending on if I ate or not. One time it took almost 2 hours, but that only happened once. I just took a gummy almost 50 minutes ago so it should be kicking in very soon
Thanks. I am being impatient. Took 30mg. Didn't feel like it was enough maybe.

I really don't like the gummies but they are easier to eat than baked goods. Anybody out there experienced with beverages? Is it faster? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: GentleJerk and ImsooDone1N
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Here are some concentrates I'm dabbing/ smoking tonight. The Concentrates are just a few of many I have. (Live resin, Live resin diamonds & some live sauce & lil bit of badder. I add trippy cat stickers to the jars so they look cuter. 69A0109C 674A 4355 89FF 80C1902B6C71

I really don't like the gummies but they are easier to eat than baked goods. Anybody out there experienced with beverages? Is it faster? Thanks in advance.
Have you ever tried Cannabis Tinctures? They get absorbed sublingually, so kick in much more rapidly. I like Mary's Medicinals "the remedy-thc". Just put .25ml under my tongue & it delivers 20mg THC & other cannabinoids too as it's full spectrum.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, GentleJerk, unredeemable and 1 other person
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Here are some concentrates I'm dabbing/ smoking tonight. The Concentrates are just a few of many I have. (Live resin, Live resin diamonds & some live sauce & lil bit of badder. I add trippy cat stickers to the jars so they look cuter. View attachment 94411

Have you ever tried Cannabis Tinctures? They get absorbed sublingually, so kick in much more rapidly. I like Mary's Medicinals "the remedy-thc". Just put .25ml under my tongue & it delivers 20mg THC & other cannabinoids too as it's full spectrum.

Clearly I'm speaking with a connoisseur. Because of you I started down the rabbit-hole and am so obviously ignorant I must level up to fully appreciate this. I like the "remedy-thc" option at first glance. I'll have to find a source. Smoking is forbidden in my building so I had to find alternatives.

omg, will this help save me money? Thank you for sharing. I'm gushing now but the possibility of saving money on medication is the best news I've had in a long time. Thanks for the guidance.

• Hugs
unredeemable

unredeemable

To be, or not to be - that is the question.
Jun 7, 2022
Clearly I'm speaking with a connoisseur. Because of you I started down the rabbit-hole and am so obviously ignorant I must level up to fully appreciate this. I like the "remedy-thc" option at first glance. I'll have to find a source. Smoking is forbidden in my building so I had to find alternatives.

omg, will this help save me money? Thank you for sharing. I'm gushing now but the possibility of saving money on medication is the best news I've had in a long time. Thanks for the guidance.
Move to Oklahoma. My brother was in the dispo drive through and they were selling 15 1g pre-rolls for $20!! I pay $200 for half an ounce of baby buds. Oklahoma's OK 😂

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GentleJerk and CoalmineCanary
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020

Yeah lol, I might not have had gummies before (1 with no effect doesn't count lol) but I knew the time it takes to kick in is how newbies typically make the mistake of having too much. "huh it's not doing anything, I'll take another"

• Informative
Reactions: ImsooDone1N, GentleJerk and CoalmineCanary
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Yeah lol, I might not have had gummies before (1 with no effect doesn't count lol) but I knew the time it takes to kick in is how newbies typically make the mistake of having too much. "huh it's not doing anything, I'll take another"
Yes, after the gummies I ate 2 cookies, each 10 mg THC because I didn't think it was enough but maybe baked goods take longer.
I might try 40mg of gummies later. Too much or about right for a chronic?
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the advice. I'm in Canada btw.

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Mary's the Remedy-THC concentrated cannabis oil (yes it's a oil based tincture).. [I find alcohol burns & oils are completely fine] is only available in the 1000mg thc strength in California, Michigan, New York, & for some reason Florida] - but it's available in 200mg strength (sadly at the same price as the 1000mg) in all other states. However there are 100's of brands of tinctures.. several really stand out above the others tho.

Also w/ "gummies" & chocolate, I personally tend to suck on the confections in my mouth. This provides a much faster absorption time (mins vs hrs for me) & I like to get a portion of the edible products sublingually (unless it's something like a cookie or French macaroon).

Here's two lil issues with edibles that NO one really talks about but everyone in the industry knows. When you consume an edible with Delta9 THC what happens is during digestion & 1st pass metabolism in the gut, the THC is turned from active delta 9THC to 11-Hydroxy-THC or 11-HO-THC. This form of THC has very different effects than regular thc. However the biggest issue is what happens to the terpenoids? Well, as we know the stomach has a PH of >2 & has many enzymes. The gut is somewhat selective about what it absorbs into the blood. Unfortunately poor terpenoids don't make it past the stomach & Lower intestines. The Acid in the stomach destroys 90% of them, and the Intestines get the final bits. So when taking an "Indica" edible, the "Indica" is there for marketing. I'm sure they used a Indica strain to make the gummies, but w/out the unique terp profile of that strain, your really just getting THC. And THC (from an Indica or sativa is still thc)
So the reality is, all edibles are generally hybrid in effect. Dosage will greatly impact the users perception of the effects & the other cannabinoids (assuming it's full spectrum) like CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG, THCv, etc will really be the determining factor in that specific edibles effects..

However I love my terps!!! So I use the tincture as well as breeze thc tablets - the tincture gets regular d9 thc (flower high) to your brain in >2min. Edibles get 11-OH-THC (edible high) into your body in about 60-90min. Sucking on infused chocolate vs swallowing it will get a mix of d9 thc, 11-oh-thc & other cannabinoids + some terpenes into the body in about 10min.

Finally a real oral thc dose of 20mg is pretty strong. However there are SO many fake edibles on the black market. They all say 500-1000mg, but in reality contain maybe 10-30mg max. But if you have never taken a REAL edible, you will be lit AF from 30mg & think it's 100's of MG. Then when you take a real 100mg edible you'll have the fear of god struck into you & possibly end up in the hospital. Very few people can comfortably take 100+mg of thc. But they do exist. Tolerance is also a thing; but it drops fast after a break. However yes, some people need 100+mg- however they are the minority.

Hope everyone plays safe & knows their limits. Make the most of this wonderful herb.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: GentleJerk and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
30mg gummies and a hash joint made me high for a VERY short period of time. I'd be surprised if it lasted 10mins. (it wasn't even a good high. I had my hair in a ponytail and it started to hurt. It felt like brain cells frying :pfff:.) after that I had 30mg more and a regular joint, nothing. I even had a couple drinks last night with the weed.

• Aww..
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
Orange apricot mac x Wilson, Masonic Seeds.
Masonic Masonic logo

ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Got some 710Labs Flower for Half Price (which is usually $85-100 1/8th, $350 for a 1/2). Sounds expensive, and it is... But if you dont know what makes 710labs so special, I would actually advise sticking to your regular high grade. But if your like me, and truly have a passion for smoking/dabbing the best cannabis and hash on the planet, then 710labs is worth checking out. Also got a 1g of the 710labs "persy" Live Rosin Tier 1 - "Randy Watzon#13".. was 729.44mg thc / g and way stronger than this other 796.5mg / g live rosin. The Strains from 710Labs for flower are really different. I had 9 different options, and narrowed it down to CandyChrome#27, Huckleberry Kush V3 #10, Layla#6, Watermelon Zkittles #11, Piescream#7, RYLU & OGKB 2.1#7.. Went with Piescream#7, tho I wanna get the Platinum Huckleberry Cookies #22 next, assuming i get more 710labs flower. I'll post a pic, below and I opened an 1/8th from the Toluca Lake Collective (JungleBoys) called White Tahoe Cookies. Ill post both for comparison.
710labs Piescream#7 Flower. It really doesn't get any better than this stuff. B3215CAD 29BB 4295 8828 171FEBA7A948

Below are the White Tahoe Cookies, from TLC/Jungle Boys. The 710 labs is a 9.5/10 & the White Tahoe Cookies are a solid 8/10 and definitely both amazing exotics.
0A23A048 4A66 4CE5 840E A67EB1FA9125

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
@ImsooDone1N Mmmmm yum looks delicious.

Sounds like your spoiled for choice there!

There's a lot of really good pot floating around my city, but you can always tell when someone's got the kootz mahgootz. They can pretty much charge whatever they like for it and it still gets snatched up in an instant.

I've paid for buds like that before. The kind of stuff I would dedicate a separate special 100% pyrex bong for, filled with filtered water and ice cubes, and cleaned after every cone/bowl.

I tend to fork out enough to get at least an oz of some fire like that if it's around, then also get the normal stuff I usually stock up with, so the fire lasts ages.

It's funny, once you start smoking that kind of bud too often, you grow accustomed to that level of quality and it kind of ruins all other weed for you.

Plus that A+++ grade weed tends to lose it's magic more quickly ime, and you need to always be on the lookout for new fire. Just what I've noticed personally.

With all the fancy weed out there, lately I'm beginning to feel that grampa's outdoor stuff grown with poo in the sun and covered in bugs seems to have a special something that stays shanti for longer.

Nothing against magical fairy weed grown by immortal wizard aliens, of course. Maybe I'm just a simple kind of guy who is easily impressed.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
Oh I only got the 710 flower cuz it was 1/2 price (45$ + on sale as well). Its special, but the jungle boys/LA Farmers/TLC 1/8's are only $25+tax (so like 33$), and they do buy 3, get 4th for free or $1. I actually dont smoke that much flower, and grow my own as well. Kenny Morrow is a family friend and has taught me to grow over 10yrs.

But I totally get what your saying about the "fancy weed vs. Grandpas organic."..so Ill just post a pic of the 710 labs mission statement later on. they make it clear they are from 'grandpas' school of thought & are not big corporate weed.. But yea.. I'm prob a lil spoiled w/ cannabis products, tho Im very grateful for them. Rn really into live rosin. Also especially love Raw Gardens' Refined live resin crushed diamonds. That plus some live sauce and your set!
Wishing you and everyone here a good day and hope this week is as positive / bearable as possible.

• Hugs
  • Love
ImsooDone1N

ImsooDone1N

Arcanist
Nov 22, 2018
7I0 Labs mission statement.
This is an honest, heartfelt message. I'm grateful that there are still some companies with actual integrity like this. Just wish I wasn't so sick that I could truly enjoy it more.
B65A3305 119D 4492 8278 8E9F61EA8118
8C1AA4A4 6A90 490E 8317 87FB3A3F8AE9
I absolutely love this!

• Love
  • Hugs
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
all things Cannabis related
misplacing either my lighter or joint SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.
i think the bed ate my lighter.... 😒
(wasnt sure if this was for here but all you said was cannabis related. you didnt say i couldnt vent about cannabis)

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
misplacing either my lighter or joint SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.
i think the bed ate my lighter.... 😒
(wasnt sure if this was for here but all you said was cannabis related. you didnt say i couldnt vent about cannabis)
At least it didn't eat the joint.
Homerheretic

• Love
Reactions: Smart No More and Life_and_Death
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
any packaging ideas??
1oz can last me ~3weeks. i should be moving in about a month or so and who im moving in with doesnt know i smoke up and isnt within distance of a store, so getting weed will become difficult for me. im thinking about buying a couple bags but i have no idea how i could store it to last.
i know freezing it isnt the best idea but would mason jars be enough along with a humidity pack?

GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
any packaging ideas??
1oz can last me ~3weeks. i should be moving in about a month or so and who im moving in with doesnt know i smoke up and isnt within distance of a store, so getting weed will become difficult for me. im thinking about buying a couple bags but i have no idea how i could store it to last.
i know freezing it isnt the best idea but would mason jars be enough along with a humidity pack?
In my early 20's I used to buy a lot of weed. Whenever I found a really nice nug in the bag, I stashed it away in a little ornate box I had. After a few years I had a treasure chest full of all different amazing buds. I would open it up sometimes just to look at them.

I noticed that after a few months, they would start to dry out. Some of the buds that were a couple of years old were dry as a bone, you wouldn't need scissors to chop them up, you could just take one between your fingers and squeeze, and it would pretty much crumble into dust.

Admittedly, the bone dry buds weren't quite as nice to smoke as when they were fresh, they burned up in the cone piece / bowl and suck through quickly, instead of glowing and sitting there for a few moments. And they could be a tiny bit harsher. But the overall experience was still great, no real noticeable loss of potency at all. Even a bud that was over 3 years old still got me just as wrecked as day one.

I tried a few different things to help it burn longer, like mixing with other herbs. Only because I like to pull for a while before I sink the cone, it's psychologically unsatisfying when the weed just disappears after waving a flame over it. But in the end I decided it wasn't such a big deal and just packed my cones tighter so they didn't sink too fast.

Super dry weed is a pain in the ass if you want to roll a joint though. An old hippie trick is to take the dry buds, and put them in a jar or ziploc bag with an orange or apple peel. Just don't leave them in there for too long or the bud will end up too wet. This method gently rehydrates the buds.

There's a lot of fancy things around these days like boveda humidipacks, I've never used them so I can't comment on that. My advice is, just get a nice glass jar to put your buds in. They will last for years as long as they are properly dried and cured before you put them in there. And if they seem too dry when you go to smoke, you can try that fruit peel trick. Just dont re-store buds that you rehydrate.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Jul 1, 2020
In my early 20's I used to buy a lot of weed. Whenever I found a really nice nug in the bag, I stashed it away in a little ornate box I had. After a few years I had a treasure chest full of all different amazing buds. I would open it up sometimes just to look at them.

I noticed that after a few months, they would start to dry out. Some of the buds that were a couple of years old were dry as a bone, you wouldn't need scissors to chop them up, you could just take one between your fingers and squeeze, and it would pretty much crumble into dust.

Admittedly, the bone dry buds weren't quite as nice to smoke as when they were fresh, they burned up in the cone piece / bowl and suck through quickly, instead of glowing and sitting there for a few moments. And they could be a tiny bit harsher. But the overall experience was still great, no real noticeable loss of potency at all. Even a bud that was over 3 years old still got me just as wrecked as day one.

I tried a few different things to help it burn longer, like mixing with other herbs. Only because I like to pull for a while before I sink the cone, it's psychologically unsatisfying when the weed just disappears after waving a flame over it. But in the end I decided it wasn't such a big deal and just packed my cones tighter so they didn't sink too fast.

Super dry weed is a pain in the ass if you want to roll a joint though. An old hippie trick is to take the dry buds, and put them in a jar or ziploc bag with an orange or apple peel. Just don't leave them in there for too long or the bud will end up too wet. This method gently rehydrates the buds.

There's a lot of fancy things around these days like boveda humidipacks, I've never used them so I can't comment on that. My advice is, just get a nice glass jar to put your buds in. They will last for years as long as they are properly dried and cured before you put them in there. And if they seem too dry when you go to smoke, you can try that fruit peel trick. Just dont re-store buds that you rehydrate.
government, the weed comes pre old XD. I was thinking one of those mason jars with the seals, like these ones. i LOVE the orange peel idea

Attachments

• these.jpeg
    these.jpeg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: GentleJerk
GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
government, the weed comes pre old XD. I was thinking one of those mason jars with the seals, like these ones. i LOVE the orange peel idea
Yeah those preserves jars work great. Smell proof too.