L

Liveandlearnagain

Aug 3, 2019
Therapists, and pretty much no other living person on this Earth in our current human culture, can accept that some people wanting to die, and going through with it, would be ok.

As humans continue to advance over the next hundred to 1000 years from now, we will eventually accept that it's ok if someone wants to die and we can let them, under certain circumstances at least.

I never understood the mentality that ALL HUMANS MUST live no matter what. We put animals down. Yet we keep drooling and lifeless vegetable humans (who likely are NOT enjoying their life, I have no right to determine that for them but that's my assumption) alive on tubes and wires because we cannot handle these difficult issues. I will always see this as selfish. There may be a few happy ones but I guarantee most vegetable human beings (probably 99% if we're honest) who can't even scratch that itch under their leg or let you know if they are in pain want to fucking die. We wouldn't let an animal suffer like that, not a dog or even a cat, so I don't know what the fuck we think we're doing with humans.

It's mostly a legal thing imo. Doctors agree to an oath that they can only preserve life, not end it.

We erase that whole notion for criminals in places like Texas though. Go ahead, if were mad enough at them, kill them with capital punishment. Bur God forbid we kill a person who is already 99% dead or wish they were dead.

Humans are thoughtless ignorant creatures in so many areas, it makes me sick.

Things are probably better now than they were 1000 years ago, but if I could fast forward and live in 3000A.D., I imagine society in that time period would be a lot more honest about thinks like death, dying, among many many other things.

Reactions: OnlyMercy and Baskol1
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Therapists, and pretty much no other living person on this Earth in our current human culture, can accept that some people wanting to die, and going through with it, would be ok.

As humans continue to advance over the next hundred to 1000 years from now, we will eventually accept that it's ok if someone wants to die and we can let them, under certain circumstances at least.

I never understood the mentality that ALL HUMANS MUST live no matter what. We put animals down. Yet we keep drooling and lifeless vegetable humans (who likely are NOT enjoying their life, I have no right to determine that for them but that's my assumption) alive on tubes and wires because we cannot handle these difficult issues. I will always see this as selfish. There may be a few happy ones but I guarantee most vegetable human beings (probably 99% if we're honest) who can't even scratch that itch under their leg or let you know if they are in pain want to fucking die. We wouldn't let an animal suffer like that, not a dog or even a cat, so I don't know what the fuck we think we're doing with humans.

It's mostly a legal thing imo. Doctors agree to an oath that they can only preserve life, not end it.

We erase that whole notion for criminals in places like Texas though. Go ahead, if were mad enough at them, kill them with capital punishment. Bur God forbid we kill a person who is already 99% dead or wish they were dead.

Humans are thoughtless ignorant creatures in so many areas, it makes me sick.

Things are probably better now than they were 1000 years ago, but if I could fast forward and live in 3000A.D., I imagine society in that time period would be a lot more honest about thinks like death, dying, among many many other things.

If humanity manages to survive until 3000 ad yes, but i have my doubts.

Reactions: color_me_gone, ish and Mr2005
J

Juicebox

Trying to Stay Alive
Jul 31, 2019
I think I've stayed alive purely for others for almost a decade now, certainly the last four years

Things continue to get worse though, I doubt it will be much longer

• Aww..
Reactions: HGL91 and Baskol1
E

eve2004

DEAD YESTERDAY
Aug 17, 2019
I wonder what the pressure must be like for a psychiatrist or psychologist with a heavy case load to « stay alive » for their patients... Im sure there are some who have or are battling depression and want to CTB too. Irs hard to avoid all CTB clientele or any other issues because you can show up with one thing and it can develop or evolve into anything else... So a psychologist or psychiatrist battling CTB thoughts and probably with decent means (at least the doc)... I can't imagine what it must take to function under those conditions. Maybe the fact that so many people rely on you and you make close connections (though professional) is a buffer, but these people can't be totally immune to the same things we go through...

Unlikely to happen, but if anyone is in that boat (lurking or a regular), I'd love to hear about it...

Reactions: Baskol1