• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
If you want to commit suicide there are three reasons:

You have a chronic illness
You are mentally ill
You are too old

If you dont fit into one of these three, youre either not serious about suicide and see it as a fantasy or youre lying to yourself.
I'm not looking for a fight, but bruh, your name is "limbo"....

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I'm not looking for a fight, but bruh, your name is "limbo"....

"an uncertain situation that you cannot control and in which there is no progress or improvement"

maybe learn english first then criticize?

Roulette

Roulette

???
Aug 31, 2018
Life its self is irrational. Your own biology works for and against you, 24/7 lasting approximately a century at best. It's not a difficult task to become incompatible with society.

To deal with the irrationality of your life by choosing death, especially after exhausting all your other options, should be considered a rational decision.

L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
This is why I don't post much. It's so easy to start a fight. I can't be bothered having to defend myself because of something I said and I 'm not doing it now either

tell me about it. The irony is this post its titled "can suicide be rational". Emotions are not rational so tone it down eh. Otherwise youre kind of making yourself seem irrational.

A

Anon1337

Mage
Oct 1, 2018
Suicide seems rational for me. I'm constantly sad and anxious. I feel tired every day, regardless of If I get enough sleep. I don't see why I should carry on living if I'm so unhappy and don't see anything changing. The only enjoyment I experience is when I'm on my computer or cutting. Soon I'll be kicked out of my parents house and have to fend for myself, which will make me even more depressed. If you knew me you'd know that I'm a failure in most things. I'm not academic and most of my grades are average. I don't want to have a terrible job and live in a small flat, which is very likely to happen. I'll see if meds fix my problems, and if they don't, I'll probably ctb. Even if the meds (along with other therapy) work, I doubt it'll have a permanent effect. Death will feel like nothing and I'll be at peace. I just want my suffering to end.

Last edited:
Reactions: AaaSssDdd
Lra888

Lra888

Enlightened
Sep 30, 2018
It probably always seems rational for the person who completes it. From the outside people will not understand and think it irrational. For happy mentally/physically healthy people suicide seems unthinkable.

J

Jaded

Student
Sep 8, 2018
Suicide seems rational for me. I'm constantly sad and anxious. I feel tired every day, regardless of If I get enough sleep. I don't see why I should carry on living if I'm so unhappy and don't see anything changing.

This is so me. :meh:Always being tired despite getting enough sleep is unbearable. Plus I wouldn't have to hurt myself or suffer anymore. Your points are completely valid.

Reactions: Anon1337 and Lra888
Rocky M

Rocky M

I'm A Monster
Jun 20, 2018
I believe the majority of suicides are rational. However, there will be those few exceptions, but for the most part, the individual who wishes to die should have the final say in whether they live or not, regardless of reason or rationale.

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
Im baffled. Whats wrong with what I said? All I see is insults and "youre wrong" but no counter arguments

You implied that suicide is only justified by chronic illnesses or old age. Otherwise you must be mentally ill. That's just a self-righteous opinion that you use to put down those who have opted to end their lives. And you finished with a very cheap shot at everyone else.

L

Limbo

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
You implied that suicide is only justified by chronic illnesses or old age. Otherwise you must be mentally ill. That's just a self-righteous opinion that you use to put down those who have opted to end their lives. And you finished with a very cheap shot at everyone else.

You have again made no counter argument. And whats wrong with being mentally ill? You do realise that even mild depression falls under it right? Too much irrational emotion, in a thread thats supposed to be about rational decisions.

S

Schopenhauer

Enlightened
Oct 3, 2018
You have again made no counter argument. And whats wrong with being mentally ill? You do realise that even mild depression falls under it right? Too much irrational emotion, in a thread thats supposed to be about rational decisions.

Life is bad enough without people like you. Blocked.

S

Stephen

Sep 11, 2018
There is a bit of a discordance here, worth exploring. As physical, breathing beings with any feelings (unless you truly have a pathological condition) you are, inherently an emotional creature. Even the most rational of rational decisions are based on your emotions, your learnings, and nature. Otherwise, if you removed all emotion or such from the equation, everyone given the same set of stimuli would make identical decisions (as it wouldn't vary or be coloured by what makes you, well, you).

It is impossible to be rational without being emotional. While emotions can overwhelm the level of perhaps one's rationality (ie, if I wasn't feeling so emotional, would I have made the same decision?) rationality cannot really exist without emotions. As that is what makes things understandable to you, in this world, as you calibrate to your own experiences and feelings ... Emotion can disrupt reasoning in certain circumstances, and yes, you can have someone whose emotions overwhelm them to the point their suicide or indeed any behaviour, is not rational.

Regarding the point of whether people with chronic disease, or mental illness, or age are these for which suicide is the only valid reasons, we'll, inherently these are subjective. Would I know if I didn't feel I had a mental illness, or was too old, or wanted to commit suicide that these were rational or irrational decisions given my circumstances? Would I assume, based on others telling me in their world view these things should, or should not, be a basis by which I am mentally fit or not to determine if suicide is appropriate for me? Nah.

Suicide is a personal decision, and a personal state one has to, in some way, shape or form (other than where completely clouded by an emotional state) come to terms with. If it is something you arrive at, believe logically makes sense (even if that is because the world makes no sense to you or not), and feels right, then to you - it is a rational decision. Just because that doesn't match up with others views does not by definition, make it that you have a mental illness (ie if the judge of mental illness is how off kilt to the conformity with societal "norms" you are, I would suggest far greater than one in five people have a mental illness - they just hide it better!).

Too long; didn't read version is yes, it can be rational. It can also be emotive. Rational is in my mind better, as you have at least thought it through, benefits, risks and consequences, and regardless of your emotive state you have made a decision. And it is decision that is important, regardless of what others see as write or wrong. It's not their lives. It's yours.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Life is bad enough for all of us without being blocked. Just saying. People like you, people like me, truth is no one knows each other well enough to have that opinion of each other. All we have are words and they're more a strong point for some than for others. The intent behind them is what matters. We're always quick to assume the worst. I'm sure no one set out to make anyone feel worse it just happens either due to emotions or misunderstandings. Stuff I say is always taken the wrong way then I 've got to explain my way out of a paper bag. Heck I got called a nice caring person and a cunt in the same day. Can they both be right? Context is what's missing most of the time. I have so much to say yet I feel language fails me as a form of communication or I fail it. Look above at the well structured post then look at this one for example

Reactions: Desperate_Soul
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
As for my take on this matter I think it's very rational in certain cases. I think it's rational for me but to an outsider that may seem mad. They might be right they might not be who knows? For that they'd need to understand what it's like being me

D

Dean

Sep 10, 2018
I think suicide is the most rational thing a person can do even if they have a perfect life and they're happy. Our brains are very good at ignoring things that would be detrimental to their survival

S

Stephen

Sep 11, 2018
As for my take on this matter I think it's very rational in certain cases. I think it's rational for me but to an outsider that may seem mad. They might be right they might not be who knows? For that they'd need to understand what it's like being me

Exactly.

Reactions: Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I said something right? That pleases me :) Victory is mine!

Reactions: Desperate_Soul
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
So they have a duty of care and think these thoughts will subside?

I guess so, maybe they will just dont see that happening in here. Lack or freedom, lack of sleep, i feel more isolated in here than i did out there.

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018

Exactly my point if he was me would he still see it as irrational but when i ask him to think about it from my point he wont makes it worse that i work for the ambulance service because all they ask me is what would you do if this was you with a patient. I just want him to understand me as a person, not an ambulance worker because my work and professional life were very seperate

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
If you want to commit suicide there are three reasons:

You have a chronic illness
You are mentally ill
You are too old

If you dont fit into one of these three, youre either not serious about suicide and see it as a fantasy or youre lying to yourself.

I have neither of those so i must be lying??? Well your the first person to say that tbh ill raise that with the consultant see what he thinks maybe that will get me out. I doubt it you absolute uneducated moron

Mr2005

Mr2005

Sep 25, 2018
I was just about to say if we could see things from others perspectives it would fix a lot of things. Maybe Limbos mentally ill themself

S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
I was just about to say if we could see things from others perspectives it would fix a lot of things. Maybe Limbos mentally ill themself

I think the person is very closed minded, they would get on well with my consultant. It must be pretty easy having such a black and white mind but i see that as limited.

Gainax

Gainax

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
It can be the most rational thing to do,
if you reach a certain age and don't have a job, friends,good relationship with your family, you can visualize the path of misery and loneliness you'll endure until you die of old age...or put you can put an end to it right now and avoid all that.

Kev

Kev

Student
Aug 18, 2018
Suicide never seems like it can be a rational decision... until it does.

People who have not known the suffering that we have, or those with a worldview that condemns suicide (see: religion), cannot possibly fathom why one might be driven to end their own life. I certainly always thought suicide was a completely unthinkable option, until I became so overwhelmed with loneliness and suffering and hopelessness that my eyes finally opened and saw suicide as a viable option to end a life of suffering.