• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
Getting blocked by fluids or drugs is exactly it. Precipitate is when a dissolved substance becomes solid again from a solution.
But why can't it be blocked from squeezing the actual tube? Is it made so that it doesn't get blocked from pressure on it?

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020
It can. That's the way their flow is controlled after all. It's just not the only way to block one.
Yeah exactly my point. I just didn't understand why Aap said that he/she knows that I never touched a tube before. I was simply stating that there's a chance it can be blocked from pressure and surely other ways too

A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I know you've never played with IV tubing or spent any time seriously looking at the construction and hookup of an exit bag or tank because the scenarios you come up with (tube falling out of the bag, tube becoming blocked, etc.) are nearly ridiculous.

What on earth does precipitation have to do with the flow of an inert gas? There is absolutely no scenario in which 10 or 15 feet (3-5m) of tubing will become dislodged, tangled, or blocked with proper setup and just a modicum of forethought.

I spend time and energy replying factually to posts. You spend time asking questions and picking the answer you want to hear, facts or logic be damned. I know just by the questions you asked you haven't played with IV tubing, and you listen to the individual who thinks magic precipitation of particulates is relevant to this discussion.

Last edited:
Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I know you've never played with IV tubing or spent any time seriously looking at the construction and hookup of an exit bag or tank because the scenarios you come up with (tube falling out of the bag, tube becoming blocked, etc.) are nearly ridiculous.

What on earth does precipitation have to do with the flow of an inert gas? There is absolutely no scenario in which 10 or 15 feet (3-5m) of tubing will become dislodged, tangled, or blocked with proper setup and just a modicum of forethought.

I spend time and energy replying factually to posts. You spend time asking questions and picking the answer you want to hear, facts or logic be damned. I know just by the questions you asked you haven't played with IV tubing, and you listen to the individual who thinks magic precipitation of particulates is relevant to this discussion.
What? I'm confused. Were we not talking about IV lines getting blocked? I'm done with this one. Later, cats.

D

Deleted member 23726

Student
Nov 13, 2020

I really appreciate that you take your time in correcting and responding to everyone. What you said makes sense, as long as it's built properly, its length is enough, and I follow the guide, I should have no problem. I just can't seem to control my anxiety. It's like I am trying to find something wrong with every method, thinking that it will make me more in control and that I won't mess up, but it's only making me lose my mind.