• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Looked around and couldn't really get any clear answers so I'm turning to you all. Couldn't decide if i should tag method or help
Note, I'm super pro gun-control and try not to think about the USA's janky gun laws as much as I can so I'm entirely in foreign teritory here.

I live in the midwest US, to avoid location specifics for the sake of privacy I hope 'midwest' is specific enough. I am going back to researching my original method, as in my state you need to be 21 to obtain a FOID (unless a parent signs off) which is necessary for any purchase of a handgun with a public vendor, however I believe the minimum age for a long gun (and/or shotgun as I'm planning) is 18, which, of course I am since I'm on here.

I am over 18, but not 21, not able to get gaurdian sign-off on FOID nor gun purchase, and I'll look around for gun shows in my area, but I'm struggling to where I can look up recent gun laws in my state, as I'm kind of struggling to find clear reliable sources.

I don't have any kind of record, so that isn't an issue, but, in fear of sounding stupid, could I just walk into a store, flash my drivers lisence to prove im of age, and buy a shotgun and ammo for it no questions asked or...? What else would buying one from a store entail? I don't really want to buy one online, my original original plan, as ordering it to the living space I share with my parents is a dangerous gamble I'm not really interested in.

I guess while I'm here I'll also ask what the best way to track down gun shows is? Is there like a facebook group for this or something? (joking a little)

amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
Wikipedia has an exhaustive list here. Or just put "gun laws by state" or "gun laws in _____" (fill in the blank with yours) into your favorite search engine (but don't use Google; they record your searches, try something like DuckDuckGo).

I don't know about gun shows, but if there's a local firing range or a local gun shop, try asking them. They can probably tell you.

• Informative
Reactions: 3/4Dead
Upvote 0
luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
Looked around and couldn't really get any clear answers so I'm turning to you all. Couldn't decide if i should tag method or help
Note, I'm super pro gun-control and try not to think about the USA's janky gun laws as much as I can so I'm entirely in foreign teritory here.

I live in the midwest US, to avoid location specifics for the sake of privacy I hope 'midwest' is specific enough. I am going back to researching my original method, as in my state you need to be 21 to obtain a FOID (unless a parent signs off) which is necessary for any purchase of a handgun with a public vendor, however I believe the minimum age for a long gun (and/or shotgun as I'm planning) is 18, which, of course I am since I'm on here.

I am over 18, but not 21, not able to get gaurdian sign-off on FOID nor gun purchase, and I'll look around for gun shows in my area, but I'm struggling to where I can look up recent gun laws in my state, as I'm kind of struggling to find clear reliable sources.

I don't have any kind of record, so that isn't an issue, but, in fear of sounding stupid, could I just walk into a store, flash my drivers lisence to prove im of age, and buy a shotgun and ammo for it no questions asked or...? What else would buying one from a store entail? I don't really want to buy one online, my original original plan, as ordering it to the living space I share with my parents is a dangerous gamble I'm not really interested in.

I guess while I'm here I'll also ask what the best way to track down gun shows is? Is there like a facebook group for this or something? (joking a little)
its hit or miss when trying to find gun shows. your best bet is finding someone at an event to sell you one under the table. but thats kinda of a 'i know a guy who knows a guy' type thing. people who sell at shows don't want to lose their license anyways.

even if you went to a gun store in a state that doesn't require permits, you will still need to show ID. and if you don't have legal residence in said state, you cant buy a gun. all gun purchases in the U.S go through the state you have legal residence in. you're kinda SOL for now.

• Informative
Reactions: 3/4Dead
Upvote 0
3/4Dead

3/4Dead

This Body Needs An Overhaul
Feb 27, 2024
Wikipedia has an exhaustive list here. Or just put "gun laws by state" or "gun laws in _____" (fill in the blank with yours) into your favorite search engine (but don't use Google; they record your searches, try something like DuckDuckGo).

I don't know about gun shows, but if there's a local firing range or a local gun shop, try asking them. They can probably tell you.
Could not for the life of me find the government website for my state that listed our gun laws/cited the sections jfc, it's linked in the attached wiki. I don't know why that (wiki) didn't pop up for me when I searched, I figured there was one. Will see about ranges and stuff near me, can probably ask more info there too if I'm not weird about it. Thanks, I appriciate the reply.

its hit or miss when trying to find gun shows. your best bet is finding someone at an event to sell you one under the table. but thats kinda of a 'i know a guy who knows a guy' type thing. people who sell at shows don't want to lose their license anyways.

even if you went to a gun store in a state that doesn't require permits, you will still need to show ID. and if you don't have legal residence in said state, you cant buy a gun. all gun purchases in the U.S go through the state you have legal residence in. you're kinda SOL for now.
Good to know! Sucks, man, but I totally get it. Will continue searching to see if I get lucky but definetly won't bet on it, then. Considered going to the next state over with painfully lax gun laws but good to know that my first thought was right - that would not work. Thanks for the response.

Upvote 0