• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

illbeinthegarage

illbeinthegarage

funs fun but who needs it
Jun 14, 2020
when i was younger, probably around 14, after a few years of struggling, i used to imagine (the same way you could get heart or kidney transplants) that you could get a brain transplant. i knew it would never work but it was fun to imagine. being able to replace my brain with a functioning one that didnt try and tell me the worst about everything seemed nice. if this was actually possible, and even though you'd lose everything about you that you had originally, but you'd be able to be 'normal', would you take it?
this probably should have gone in offtopic idk
just realised how actually dumb this is

Last edited:
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I similarly obsess about the brain. I'm always dreaming of a future where brains can be edited at whim to remove unwanted desires, suffering, etc. and to maintain a state of happiness. I bet it can be done with a rich enough understanding of the brain.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
when i was younger, probably around 14, after a few years of struggling, i used to imagine (the same way you could get heart or kidney transplants) that you could get a brain transplant. i knew it would never work but it was fun to imagine. being able to replace my brain with a functioning one that didnt try and tell me the worst about everything seemed nice. if this was actually possible, and even though you'd lose everything about you that you had originally, but you'd be able to be 'normal', would you take it?
I probably wouldn't cause then it wouldn't be me anymore, I'd basically lose my soul and be replaced by something else. I'm not religious so for me the body is just a shell and the brain is the "soul" I would rather just CTB than do this

E

Existingnotliving

Feb 13, 2020
I say all the time when people ask how they can help or what I think would help, I always say a brain transplant. I'd take one in a heartbeat if they were possible.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
I don't think I would do a brain transplant myself, but when the medical community was going crazy over the possibility of the first head transplant I was obsessed. Unfortunately they canceled it. But the idea of replacing your body is fascinating to me... so I guess just the opposite of a brain transplant. Ha