darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I was just curious who attributes the way they feel to brain chemistry (chemical imbalance, something biological) and who believes it to be circumstantial, a result of bad things happening in your life?

Or maybe you feel it's both, the personal situation triggering the delicate chemistry?

Reactions: sserafim, Immensevoid, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 3 others
hevlalab

hevlalab

Take me back in time
Sep 14, 2023
For me personally, it's circumstantial as a result of my mistakes. I'm sure it's a lot like this for other people as well although I do believe chemical imbalance plays some part in it

Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, VioletNight and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Yes I'm inclined to think we all have some sort of threshold/tolerance that one day we exceed.

Last edited:
Reactions: hevlalab
Odahviing475

Odahviing475

Apr 12, 2023
For me, I am genetically predisposed to depression. A lot of what I feel is due to brain chemistry being "off", but that doesn't make my emotions any less valid.

These emotions caused me to fuck up a lot of stuff which now created circumstances where I'd probably be depressed even without the predisposition.

Reactions: Lookoutbelow, VioletNight, darkenmydoorstep and 1 other person
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
Both. Circumstances suck but brain chemistry is what makes them feel hopeless.

• Love
Reactions: hevlalab, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Lookoutbelow and 3 others
VioletNight

VioletNight

Student
Jan 24, 2023
It's hard to say for me, when I was younger I had a pretty rough life with little friends and constant moving so I'd lose them quick.

But now as an adult I have a pretty good life but the depression and bad feelings remain, so I'm not sure if it's both or if I was always going to turn out this way.

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
ah the ol nature vs nurture debate

Reactions: darkenmydoorstep and GM28
G

GM28

Jun 17, 2021
Good question! Slight bit of chemistry but definitely much more circumstances and mistakes!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case my wish to die isn't an "illness" or is something wrong, the problem will always lie in existence itself and to me suicide will always feel like the only rational thing to wish for, it makes sense to wish to escape from all future suffering and harm in this meaningless existence in which I never had a need for in the first place.

I see no value in decaying from age with the risk being there of experiencing way worse torment at any moment, existence just causes harm and only death can bring true peace from the horrific mistake that is existence. I find existing meaningless and tiresome, suffering isn't for me, I prefer the sound of nothingness, it really does comfort me the thought of eternally not existing.