• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Rabitfever

Rabitfever

Mar 18, 2020
What's the best method to prevent the pain one might feel during a full suspension attempt?

Would alcohol + benzo alone be enough? Or would opiods agonists like tramadol, etc serve a better purpose? Or do I have to look into more powerful substances such as the ones used as general anesthesia by surgeons, etc?

I'm left wondering which class of CNS depressant would be able to completely mask the pain of the ligature tightening around my neck. My guess is no amount of analgesia would completely mask the pain as long as we're conscious while the noose tightens. So the goal I guess is to lose consciousness even before kicking the bucket.

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and NearlyIrrelevantCake
C

celan

May 1, 2021
Geo stone wrote a very good chapter about hanging in his book "Suicide and attemted suicide". To minimize pain it is very important to know that most pain comes from compressing the windpipe. I think it needs much more pressure on the neck to compress the winpipe, but not too much pressure to compress the carotid artery and the jugular veins. So you don't need too much pressure, so it's adviced to minimize the pressure on the windpipe. The best thing would be to put the knot at the front of your neck and put the rope on the upper part of the it. I think, Geo Stone wrote that it's less painless to put a piece of cloth at the front of your neck. But you better read the chapter of the book.

Reactions: blueclover_., NearlyIrrelevantCake, beefbaby and 1 other person
C

celan

May 1, 2021
I can't edit my previous post, so: six years ago I tried full suspension hanging on a staircase. I tied a knot on a post above the staircase and tied a slipknot around my neck while standing on the upper steps on the staircase. Then I went two or three steps down so I was hanging quite a bit above the step, my feet didn't touch the ground. My head got a little heavy, but it wasn't too unpleasant and I was sure I'll die and had the definite intention to kill myself. I lost my consciousness pretty quick, but after some seconds (I can't tell you how much exactly) I started shaking, moving my arms and legs. Somehow I unfortunately was able to get to step back, because I was whipping forewards and backwards. I don't know how long I had been hanging there, maybe 45 to 100 seconds.

Of course I should have done it somewhere where there wasn't a possibility to "save" myself, but I had no place to go else, I was severely depressed and had no strength to go into the forest and do it there. I hate myself that it didn't work out. It wasn't too unpleasant but it's certainly not entirely painless. It's not the worst way to catch the bus. Rating: 8.5/10 :)

Reactions: Death is beautiful, blueclover_., Rabitfever and 2 others
WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I haven't tried full suspension in a while, but when I was doing it I had earbuds in and I was listening to music. For me, it almost worked.

Reactions: ð–£´ nadia ð–£´ and Manaaja
ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I haven't tried full suspension in a while, but when I was doing it I had earbuds in and I was listening to music. For me, it almost worked.
I'll also be listening to music, it reduces my anxiety.
But how do you attempt full suspension without dying? Did you manage to get back on to the stool or something?

WonderingSoul

WonderingSoul

Gamer
Dec 15, 2021
I'll also be listening to music, it reduces my anxiety.
But how do you attempt full suspension without dying? Did you manage to get back on to the stool or something?
Yeah. Stool wasn't that far from me & my belt wasn't so tight.

ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

ð–£´ nadia ð–£´

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
Was it a serious attempt and what were you hanging from if you don't mind me asking? Or were you just practicing?
It's just that I've read about belts in particular breaking alot and that being a reason for failing to ctb so I'd invest in a rope if possible.