• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Home - easiest but then my dad would find my body and he would be traumatized by that.

Hotel - a stranger finds me instead but what if I back out and then I've wasted all that money on a hotel room.

Middle of nowhere - no one finds me but then my family might still think I'm alive even if I write a suicide note. I would want them to have more closure.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What is the best place for you? Thanks.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
Home - easiest but then my dad would find my body and he would be traumatized by that.

Hotel - a stranger finds me instead but what if I back out and then I've wasted all that money on a hotel room.

Middle of nowhere - no one finds me but then my family might still think I'm alive even if I write a suicide note. I would want them to have more closure.

Any thoughts or suggestions? What is the best place for you? Thanks.

Hotel is where I'd do it if I could. But my method endangers others.
Hotels offer you a place to feel pampered, a different outlook, and an enjoyable place to relax. If you back out, you spent 100$ to get a relaxing evening to yourself.

If you are serious, then find a place peaceful to you, I'm going to my family's cemetary, and going to set up an auto text sender to message the person I dislike the most, to tell him I'm dead, its his fault, and my address is such. (Probably set a second delay text to the police, I can text 911 here too. )

NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Hotels offer you a place to feel pampered, a different outlook, and an enjoyable place to relax. If you back out, you spent 100$ to get a relaxing evening to yourself.

If you are serious, then find a place peaceful to you, I'm going to my family's cemetary, and going to set up an auto text sender to message the person I dislike the most, to tell him I'm dead, its his fault, and my address is such. (Probably set a second delay text to the police, I can text 911 here too. )
Interesting. I should mention that my method is Nembutal so I would need to be alone for a while to not get caught. I'm thinking maybe in my car (in the back seat, covered in blankets) could be good, and then just have a delayed message set up so I could be found.

P

Pallf

I'm tired
May 27, 2018
I remember seeing some old emails from a pro choice website/BBS whose author mentioned renting a cabin for a weekend and that you could ctb without worrying about someone stopping you. Of course you should maybe leave some money because on Monday someone will discover you and that's no fun for anyone.
This would be my preferred place to ctb.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
If your parents own the house and you don't want to fuck them over financially aswell then don't do it at home.

I heard the value of a house goes down a lot once a person commits suicide in it because loads of people then don't want it anymore.

T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
I heard the value of a house goes down a lot once a person commits suicide in it because loads of people then don't want it anymore.

This is a myth from cheesy horror movies lol.

It's not like it would even be a public record that "someone commited suicide in that house"

Reactions: Smilla and dano6533
T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
Possibly. Depends on the state whether it's a legal requirement, but it certainly is an ethical dilemma if you thought it made a material difference to the buyer.

https://www.investopedia.com/articl...tate-flipping-8-disclosures-you-must-make.asp

I don't see any ethical dilemma personnaly, we didn't chose to be born, we shouldn't give that much shit about others when we want to CTB.

I agree about things like not jumping in front of a train, but we should not exagerate since there is no way to cause 0 disturbance to any other person, even if you die naturally someone have to discover your corpse.

Last edited:
F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
I don't see any ethical dilemma personnaly, we didn't chose to be born, we shouldn't give that much shit about others when we want to CTB.

You and I must be using different ethical frameworks. I'm not judging, just saying we have a different point of view.

Would you consider knowing if a product was made by child labor an ethical issue? If so, can you help me understand your reasoning why the two are different?

Reactions: dano6533
T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
You and I must be using different ethical frameworks. I'm not judging, just saying we have a different point of view.

Would you consider knowing if a product was made by child labor an ethical issue? If so, can you help me understand your reasoning why the two are different?

"Would you consider knowing if a product was made by child labor an ethical issue? " yes i consider it an ethical issue.

Because forst of all the child didn't procreate me, he didn't put me in my situation, he have no responsbility whatsoever for the pain i'm going through.

Plus don't you see a difference between a child being enslaved for the sake of buying toys and a house price being lowered from 250.000$ to 200.000$ because you want to exercice a fundamental right of CHOSING TO DIE ? The two cases don't seem at all comparable to me.

Are you an antinatalist like me ?

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
No, I've never thought of myself as an antinatalist.

I think that if you have knowledge that would influence someone's value of an asset, you have an ethical dilemma. I'm not suggesting we all come to the same conclusion on how to act, but the first step in ethics is realizing when there is an ethical issue to be solved. So I was confused when you suggested there wasn't any ethical issue.

Glad we agreed on the child labor producing products.

T

TheStartOfEnding

May 1, 2018
No, I've never thought of myself as an antinatalist.

I think that if you have knowledge that would influence someone's value of an asset, you have an ethical dilemma. I'm not suggesting we all come to the same conclusion on how to act, but the first step in ethics is realizing when there is an ethical issue to be solved. So I was confused when you suggested there wasn't any ethical issue.

Glad we agreed on the child labor producing products.

But you do understand that all the ethically problematic situations arise because of procreation, right ?

You do also understand that one can only have children for selfish reasons ?

So since you seem to have a solid moral fiber, what do you think is wrong with antinatalism ?

F

FakeNews

Student
Apr 30, 2018
I agree. If there was nothing, there would be nothing - including ethical dilemmas.

I think all living organisms act to survive. If they are sentient, I guess that it would be aft would be labeled self interested (or selfish). I don't believe sentient beings only act for selfish reason.

I don't know enough about the philosophy to form an informed opinion. The one line that pops up in a quick search is that it "assigns a negative value to birth." That strikes me as needing a lot of thought and introspection.

?

+ + + +

May 30, 2018
I'm afraid doing it in the woods will arrest so much attention to me. When my parents discover I'm not at home, they'll probably think I've gone to visit someone in the city, don't suspect anything at first. But when I don't answer to my phone for many days, and haven't been at home for too long, they start to worry. Finally they have to call the police. My pictures will be out there, people will share my photo on Facebook, our town will know about it, and they'll finally find my hanged body.

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018

How do I delay a text?

D

dangier_to_myself

Student
Apr 10, 2018
I'm worrying about this alot. I don't think any hotels accept cash anymore, so if the police come looking for me they would find me very quickly. On the other hand, doing it outside also makes it quite likely that someone would find me before the 8 hours that I need have passed

N

Nate

May 11, 2018
If you think of a good place for your car method covered in blankets, would you let me know? Also, I was thinking if you write "do not rescucitate" on your body, the hospital will not revive you. I think that's how it works but I might be wrong. I am thinking of doing the same, just don't know where to park.

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
I'm struggling with this as well. I had to abort my last attempt because the spot i picked had areas that you could see my body through (it was in a park). Now i'm conflicted. Either i find another spot outdoors somewhere or i use a hotel. This is my only gripe with the nembutal method and most drugs in general. You can't be found too soon. I dont want to use a hotel but i might have too.

ImNotBatman

ImNotBatman

Student
May 9, 2018
If you think of a good place for your car method covered in blankets, would you let me know? Also, I was thinking if you write "do not rescucitate" on your body, the hospital will not revive you. I think that's how it works but I might be wrong. I am thinking of doing the same, just don't know where to park.

Go to a graveyard in the country, to an empty public campground, if your windows are tinted any parking lot. Parking garage top floor.

A man had DNR tattooed on his forehead or something and was dying, they saved him. He was glad they did. If its not an official living will, then they dont HAVE to follow it.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
I'm struggling with this as well. I had to abort my last attempt because the spot i picked had areas that you could see my body through (it was in a park). Now i'm conflicted. Either i find another spot outdoors somewhere or i use a hotel. This is my only gripe with the nembutal method and most drugs in general. You can't be found too soon. I dont want to use a hotel but i might have too.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to do a hotel?

Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Just out of curiosity, why don't you want to do a hotel?
Bed bugs. I might back out and potientially bring them back with me. I had them in the past and it was a nightmare. Not only that but i could waste money too and if i don't finish the N because of taste i could fall asleep and not wake up in time to checkout. Then ill end up in a hospital...all of this can be avoided by doing it outdoors. Luckily i found a new spot and this one is solid.

B

bygone

Jun 3, 2018
The best place is wherever you can be most assured that things will go according to plan. This is far and beyond the most important consideration due to the substantial risk of failure and injury if you are found too soon. With hotels changing or reasserting policies to check on guests irrespective of the presence of a do-not-disturb sign, there is a risk of discovery with any method which has a risk of an extended dying period.

I am fortunate enough to live on my own, where no one will even think to intrude until perhaps when my absence at work is noticed. It is for this reason that I will choose to die at the start of the weekend, at home, where I will have at least 48 hours until my body is discovered.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018

I like your style.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
The best place is wherever you can be most assured that things will go according to plan. This is far and beyond the most important consideration due to the substantial risk of failure and injury if you are found too soon. With hotels changing or reasserting policies to check on guests irrespective of the presence of a do-not-disturb sign, there is a risk of discovery with any method which has a risk of an extended dying period.

I am fortunate enough to live on my own, where no one will even think to intrude until perhaps when my absence at work is noticed. It is for this reason that I will choose to die at the start of the weekend, at home, where I will have at least 48 hours until my body is discovered.

I live on my own, too. But I don't want my landlords to have to deal with my body. I thought overnighting at a hotel would be enough time for N to work. If I'm wrong, then I may go back to the sawed-off shotgun method.

Reactions: nw7 and dano6533
B

bygone

Jun 3, 2018
I live on my own, too. But I don't want my landlords to have to deal with my body. I thought overnighting at a hotel would be enough time for N to work. If I'm wrong, then I may go back to the sawed-off shotgun method.
In the vast majority of the data I've seen, overnight is plenty. I'm just personally very conservative because I see there being one chance at getting this right.