• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
Jumping has always been my method of choice. Daunting for sure, but requires less prep that a lot of other methods. Plus (depending on the area) nice views.

There is a bridge fairly near me thats around 100 feet high. Plenty of people have jumped from there and the success rate is fairly high, but I'm still seeking other spots, especially those in Wales. CTB'ing in my own country is preferable, but we'll see I suppose.

I've been considering Beachy Head. Great success rate and a beautiful spot to go, but its like 4/5 hours away and like I said, I'd rather be in Wales.

Only trouble is, the only spot I can think of isn't much of a drop, more of a rough tumble down the side of a cliff into the ocean. Seems like a rough way to go, rather than a straight fall down.

Any ideas?

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
You and me both. I'm also from Wales, I know of Southerndown but not sure of others, I don't have the nerve for Beachy Head so good luck with that one

AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
You and me both. I'm also from Wales, I know of Southerndown but not sure of others, I don't have the nerve for Beachy Head so good luck with that one
I hadn't actually seen Southerndown, thats actually not a bad option at all, high enough and not that far away from me. Might go check it out sometime soon, see how I feel about it

Reactions: unabletocope
G

gazap

Dec 3, 2023
I too am from wales (North). Ive been thinking of menai bridge. There's a section of road underneath it that Im planning on landing on. I dont want to go into the water as Ive heard of a few stories of those who have survived. the other is marquess column on angelsey. not sure if either are high enough hence why Ive hesitated. Menai bridge is 53 feet onto concreet, marquess is 89 feet.

AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
I too am from wales (North). Ive been thinking of menai bridge. There's a section of road underneath it that Im planning on landing on. I dont want to go into the water as Ive heard of a few stories of those who have survived. the other is marquess column on angelsey. not sure if either are high enough hence why Ive hesitated. Menai bridge is 53 feet onto concreet, marquess is 89 feet.
If Menai bridge was a bigger drop I'd consider it, but the chances of death for that aren't much higher than 50% really. As much as I love the view from the bridge (from what I'm seeing online anyway), I really don't think I could consider that one. Such a shame though...

vadim

vadim

Disqualified From Being Human
Aug 10, 2023
Not in the UK but doesn't Beachy Head have suicide patrols? I can't find any recent articles that say how many suicides they stopped versus the number of successful suicides but they claimed to have prevented 364 in 2013. Personally that would put me off, I'd be too afraid of the humiliation and potential psych ward imprisonment.

Reactions: AboutTimeToDepart
AboutTimeToDepart

AboutTimeToDepart

Apr 8, 2024
Not in the UK but doesn't Beachy Head have suicide patrols? I can't find any recent articles that say how many suicides they stopped versus the number of successful suicides but they claimed to have prevented 364 in 2013. Personally that would put me off, I'd be too afraid of the humiliation and potential psych ward imprisonment.
Yeah I've heard as much. It is one part of why I'm looking for alternatives to be honest, because I feel the same way as you. I want at lease a vaguely private end, not to be harassed. Though it seems as though most of the popular jump spots in the UK have the same problem to be honest, so there's that.