• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I have severe long term anxiety issues. Generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, depression, and agoraphobia.

Ive tried a decent amount of therapy with not much success. Still doing therapy. I've also tried a few meds with not much success. Until recently, I was prescribed ativan for as needed short term and it helped... but it's short term and I can't take it daily as I'm not suppose too.

there is a hugely noticeable difference between the meds I take regularly to help my anxiety and when I take ativan.

when I take ativan .5 mg I feel significantly better. I've only used ativan twice so far. When I had to go to a funeral.

But even when I'm just at home I'm still soo anxious that I'm debilitated. I'm constantly on the verge of a panic attack, super anxious, and I gag because of my anxiety/verge of panic attack as when I have a panic attack I throw up.

Like idk what to do I'm lost. I finally found a med that works but I can't take it like I need to in order to feel relatively okay everyday.

no 4mat

no 4mat

Oct 17, 2020
drop it asap. there are whole big forums for benzos victims.
i could PM you a YT video on their withdrawals if you want ...

can't you find any other replacement?

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
drop it asap. there are whole big forums for benzos victims.
i could PM you a YT video on their withdrawals if you want ...

can't you find any other replacement?
Yeh I know benzos cause a lot of problems. I only took .5mg twice and it was the only thing that has helped me so far. But I don't want to keep taking it and even if I did I can't as it's short term..

I need a daily med that helps and lorazepam isn't that.

I was just given lorazepam a few days ago to take as needed so it isn't like I need to replace it as I'm not dependent or any of that.

my regular meds are hydroxyzine, buspirone, and lexapro. But they don't help enough.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Go easy with benzos, you quickly become hooked, after many years I just started my tamper. Don't reach the same state I once reached. From the heart this advice. Hugs.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
You're playing with fire. I just want to emphasize what everyone else is saying. Benzodiazepines are evil. You should be afraid of them.
Yeh I am. That's why I'm not taking it even though it makes me feel better. Shits scary. Don't wanna become addicted, withdrawals, side effects n stuff

A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
I've taken kpin for panic disorder for 5 years now and it's still just fine. It really depends on the individual, I think. My doc only agreed to keep prescribing it because we agreed I only get 15 pills per script and only 1 refill every three months. The only way to keep benzos effective is to be sure you aren't using them too regularly. I save mine for serious, about to jump off a building/stab myself in the neck types of panic attacks. This happens maybe twice a month. More if I spend too much time socializing. Most people I know that had issues with benzos also had addictive personality disorders OR had doctors actually prescribing it incorrectly (twice a day, every day =_- smh). I can't even get addicted to nicotine, so I think that helped. Definitely be wary of all the horror stories, especially if you've had addiction issues or extreme side effects from other meds in the past, but at least for me it's been a saving grace.

A

andme72

Dec 14, 2020
Yep, I also have agoraphobia and social anxiety. One psychiatrist described it as "alcohol in pill form" and I think that's exactly the feeling I get. Like having 4 shots of tequila at once. Feels great, but I cannot drive a car or do anything but lie in bed after taking mine. Certainly not what I would consider a "functional" daily/regular med. I started using CBD vape and bud when going out, like to a doctor. That helps.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I was on klonopin and I hated it. I was on them for only a little over 2 weeks and the withdrawl was "interesting" to say the least. I agree with alot of the others here as far as stay away from them period.

Reactions: newave3 and AutoTap
L

Lostandlooking

In limbo
Jul 23, 2020
I take temazepam once or twice a week for sleeping. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I've had this prescription for years and never experienced problems. I think it matters if you've got problems with addiction. I can easily keep it under control, and then the benzodiazepines are great. Also have had oxazepam occasionaly. I'm so grateful for those nights where I've been able to sleep. I treat my benzos like little gold nuggets as well. Read up on medications suggested by physicians. But also take into account pills often don't work the same for everyone. I haven't found other medications to be helpful sadly, only the benzos to a certain extent.

OP, what about cbd oil for anxiety? Maybe something to look into since many people have found it helpful. :hug:

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I take temazepam once or twice a week for sleeping. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn't. I've had this prescription for years and never experienced problems. I think it matters if you've got problems with addiction. I can easily keep it under control, and then the benzodiazepines are great. Also have had oxazepam occasionaly. I'm so grateful for those nights where I've been able to sleep. I treat my benzos like little gold nuggets as well. Read up on medications suggested by physicians. But also take into account pills often don't work the same for everyone. I haven't found other medications to be helpful sadly, only the benzos to a certain extent.

OP, what about cbd oil for anxiety? Maybe something to look into since many people have found it helpful. :hug:
Will do thx :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Lostandlooking
kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
One psychiatrist described it as "alcohol in pill form" and I think that's exactly the feeling I get. Like having 4 shots of tequila at once.

Exactly, that's why I liked it so much. Never was able to get drunk at the time, and it would also make me sick.

When I took some extra Xanax it was like being drunk without the nausea. Even stumbled around like I was drunk.

The problem with benzos, when you start to abuse them you blackout and take more. No idea why this is so common, but the next morning you think "hmm pretty sure I had more pills than that..."

I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
One psychiatrist described it as "alcohol in pill form" and I think that's exactly the feeling I get. Like having 4 shots of tequila at once. Feels great, but I cannot drive a car or do anything but lie in bed after taking mine. Certainly not what I would consider a "functional" daily/regular med.

Funny, that's exactly what my psychiatrist once said to me.

Thing is, they actually do help me (in the moment) but the effect wears off pretty fast if you take them regularly. Also, when the effect fades anxiety and bad feelings usually kick back in and sometimes even worse than before. Addiction, withdrawals, been through that and I really don't want to experience it again. It's frightening.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Ativan works well for me. I think these benzo horror stories are a bit overblown. I have been on and off them for many years and have always felt better on them. I didn't have any significant withdrawals either.

kappa

kappa

Experienced
Apr 2, 2019
Ativan works well for me. I think these benzo horror stories are a bit overblown. I have been on and off them for many years and have always felt better on them. I didn't have any significant withdrawals either.
Yeah I know everyone is different but I was using them to get high for maybe a year.

Stopped after I started to OD on them and never had withdraws or felt addicted after.

I've heard some people in the medical field thinks it causes really early Alzheimer's but I don't really believe it.

• Hugs
Reactions: newave3
_battered_butterfly_

_battered_butterfly_

PaperDoll_EasilyTorn
Mar 5, 2021
Hi.
j
ust checking in to see how you were doing, and if you ever found a medication that works for you.

Any type of histamine medication, or antidepressant for anxiety is an absolute joke for me. Hydroxyzine... Buspar....SSRIs or SNRIs that are supposed to double for Anxiety?
A joke

Benzodiazepines are the only thing that have ever really worked for me, and sometimes even they don't.
But I don't have your run-of-the-mill anxiety.
I have severe, debilitating and disabling panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and agoraphobia.
have to take a couple different ones...

Klonopin for long-acting, fast-acting relief... and Ativan for shorter acting, fast-acting relief.

My anxiety is also the worst when I am at home, especially when I am alone. Existential crisis sets in, my surroundings feel foreign and scary
... and I always have this dread that like... I should be doing a lot more than I'm doing.
Like I'm just kind of floating around at home, worthless, pointless
... without a purpose, and I should be doing something. Anything. Making a difference somehow. Changing the world. Anything other than what I'm doing. Which is usually laying In a Panic in my bed Just trying to navigate how I am going to get up and be alive and keep my heart rate down... Lol.

Then I obsess over all the things that I should be doing or could be doing and want to do but can't do. It really sucks. I can't even go to the store or go shopping, take my kids any place... and that's a few of the things I get horrible anxiety about. Can't even drive. All the responsibilities that should be taken care of, but the agoraphobia and panic get so severe.

Right now, I'm just starting to begin to manage the symptoms with the Ativan and the Klonopin.

I have been through abrupt antidepressant discontinuation syndrome, which is worse than heroin withdrawal.
... benzo withdrawal does not scare me. And I would know exactly how to do it safely after going what I went through with withdrawing off of Effexor so abruptly after serotonin syndrome, which almost killed me.
... Benzos don't have s*** on me...

Pot doesn't work for me so thank God there is Benzos.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and newave3