• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I genuinely don't understand how the statistical suicide rates are higher for men than women when, in most countries, women are oppressed and treated with misogyny.
I may just be a misandrist, who knows.

My understanding is that women attempt more than men but use less reliable methods. I wonder if the balance will shift if more people have access to things like SN.

Also, it depends on where in the world you're looking at. Lesotho in Africa has one of the highest suicide rates in the world and unusually- more women suicide there than men... Not that unusual though when you look at other statistics- 86% of women there have experienced violence. 1 in 3 have experienced physical violence in childhood:

To be fair, I think it's shit to be either gender. But, I do get annoyed when guys claim we have all these 'privelages'. I think it depends on the type of woman you are. The genes you got blessed or cursed with, the amount you are willing to starve yourself and comply with beauty standards. You're not going to get 'pretty privelage' if you aren't pretty! Same goes for men- to be fair. If they're short and financially unsuccessful- chances are they very will struggle more in being accepted. I think this society places so much expectation on both genders.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It's spoilers for Doki Doki free on Steam.

I wonder if the balance will shift if more people have access to things like SN.

Females do attempt more suicide than males! Would it be sexist OR wholesome & pro-mortalist to hope that we reach parity in suicides thanks to sodium nitrite?^^

You're not going to get 'pretty privelage' if you aren't pretty!
My impression is that horny males will start wars and/or wearing stockings for a chance of sex. I'm legit puzzling over which part of my body I'd agree to have cut off for a chance to escape inceldom.

Attachments

• 7bjug0gvn4ma1_lightning_palm_suicide_map.png
    427.5 KB · Views: 0
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Boys can have a strong bond to females whereas girls cannot have the same bond to males because fathers are often absent or much less involved in raising children.

Relate. Neither did I. If I could chose, I d for sure be a man.
Grass isn't always greener unfortunately

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
I understand that you are venting and all, but this type of whiny rhetoric gets us nowhere. Everybody is fucked over by the patriarchy, including men. While the patriarchy does hurt women more on average, it also fucks up men too. I should know, since I got a first ticket to witnessing this growing up as a result of me having to watch my ex-stepmother physically lash out at my dad who felt like he wasn't allowed to defend himself due to her being a woman. I've had people try to justify her abusive behaviours towards him and downplay the abuse just because of her gender.

This type of attidude that both men and women have to the gendered issues within our society is annoying and leads us nowhere. "Men don't understand"! "women don't understand"! Okay, cool, we get it. How about you people just listen to each other and try to understand things from each others perspectives instead of just playing oppression olympics with each other?

The patriarchy is a complex issue that is harming all of us but everyone is too busy whining about the other gender to do anything about it. The main reason so many men have a hard time grasping the faults of the patriarchy is because people like you treat it as this simplistic thing that only impacts one gender. It makes it so that men have a hard time comprehending the full scope of how bad it is because it's being simplified down, and with that simplification comes the brushing off of the issues that men face as a result of it. It makes it feel as though men are only perpetrators of it, even though a lot of women perpetrate it too. When people feel as though they are being blamed for something they react by lashing out and that gets us nowhere. When people feel as though their issues are being brushed off they stop listening, which also gets us nowhere.

It's fine to vent about your frustrations with our sexist society, but you have to take into consideration how you are going to vent about said frustations. Saying shit like "It feels like men just have a superiority complex that the world itself likes to stroke for them", just makes you look bad and is going to cause others to get defensive.

spiritmoon

spiritmoon

hi there.
Jul 14, 2023
I'm a black queer women, and I have no straight male friends, because all of them (usually white males) have the same ugly mindset, whether its a sexist, racist, or homophobic mindset. Thats why the whole male loneliness bothers me so much, because it isn't society or women isolating them, it's usually their own doing through their prejudice thinking. (I'm not saying this is always the case. But it usually is).

You can't really talk about topics such as this on this website, because some men on here will use it as an opportunity to compare gender struggles ("men have it much harder" or "men can be abused too") when it really isn't about them, but at the same time, they don't want to recognize their own privilege. If they want a place to speak about male struggles, they can create their own threads about it quite easily.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Its easy to look at all the pros of being a man without taking into account other things. Both sexes have their own unique problems
I'm an Asian woman and I wish that I could have been a white man in this life. That's who society is made for. Oh well…

Reactions: Meteora and ewlife
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
because it isn't society or women isolating them, it's usually their own doing through their prejudice thinking. (I'm not saying this is always the case. But it usually is).
this isnt true at all.
You can't really talk about topics such as this on this website, because some men on here will use it as an opportunity to compare gender struggles ("men have it much harder" or "men can be abused too") when it really isn't about them, but at the same time, they don't want to recognize their own privilege. If they want a place to speak about male struggles, they can create their own threads about it quite easily.
well all the other male struggle threads get quickly raided by women claiming they have it much harder, so whats the solution then?
I'm an Asian woman and I wish that I could have been a white man in this life. That's who society is made for. Oh well…
imho being rich is much more indicative of a care free and easy life than race

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Its easy to look at all the pros of being a man without taking into account other things. Both sexes have their own unique problems
So are you saying women don't have it harder than men?

Last edited:
  • Informative
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
To be honest, every man who is not a feminist and has no understanding for struggles specifically related to being a woman..... well.... I don't mean to offend anybody but that's a bit immature.
Of course men have struggles too. Nobody even questioned that.....
I don't understand why men take it so personally if women say it's tough being a woman. Why they come up with their struggles and comparisons instead of being empathetic.

Last edited:
ewlife

ewlife

:(
Oct 4, 2023
Boys can have a strong bond to females whereas girls cannot have the same bond to males because fathers are often absent or much less involved in raising children.
Pseudoscientific nonsense. The men on this thread are proving op's point lmao. The lack of self-awareness is astonishing

Reactions: kilowatt
Oliver

Oliver

Experienced
Feb 28, 2024
Men and woman are being brainwashed to hate each other instead of cooperating. The elite hate the nuclear family and they profit from gender-conflicts. They want us all working pointless jobs so they can tax us more. They also want us to live alone in small apartments so they can charge more for rent. The point is to enslave us and separate us. That's my opinion, sorry not sorry.

Men are women certainly weren't meant to hate each other.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Pseudoscientific nonsense. The men on this thread are proving op's point lmao. The lack of self-awareness is astonishing
Yeah how come men on here aren't agreeing with ops claim that literally every man is a patriarchy upholder and an oppressor and that all men are misogynists and bad. Hmmm…. What a factual statement. Men are simply just unaware that all of them are misogynistic pigs. Brilliant.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Men and woman are being brainwashed to hate each other instead of cooperating. The elite hate the nuclear family and they profit from gender-conflicts. They want us all working pointless jobs so they can tax us more. They also want us to live alone in small apartments so they can charge more for rent. The point is to enslave us and separate us. That's my opinion, sorry not sorry.
Why do the elite hate the nuclear family? Don't they benefit from it (people having children aka more future wageslaves)?

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
In general, women have things harder than men, overall.

However some men can have their own subset of problems, that they have to deal with, and the same for some women. I feel like a lot of younger people don't get any assistance at all. Growing up was extremely rough for me and none of my problems were taken seriously or even believed, and it ruined my life because I got stuck with my abusers. Of course the same can happen to another young person, this is just an example.

I don't feel like either gender can fully understand the struggles of the other gender without a lot of research and empathy, and that seems evidenced by this thread. There's a great divide, but there doesn't have to be. At least don't be disingenuous, that's the tone.

Last edited:
spiritmoon

spiritmoon

hi there.
Jul 14, 2023
I tried to be. Look how that worked out. I wanted to try to understand and got shot down. I think no gender understands the other's struggles and never will. This entire forum is a great example of why.
Your struggles are valid. But try to be mindful of others, when someone is saying that something bad happened to them, the worse thing to do is to try to one-up them by comparing your struggles. It IS hard being a woman, just because you don't have personal experience of that doesn't make it any less true. Empathy, folks.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Why are you answering in such a disrespectful way? Do you think that is appropriate?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
In general, women have things harder than men, overall.
I would disagree. Men are more likely to be homeless, more likely to be drug addicts, more likely to die by suicide and they die 4-5 years earlier than women on average. That's just a few
However some men can have their own subset of problems, that they have to deal with, and the same for some women. I feel like a lot of younger people don't get any assistance at all. Growing up was extremely rough for me and none of my problems were taken seriously or even believed, and it ruined my life because I got stuck with my abusers. Of course the same can happen to another young person, this is just an example.
Agreed
I don't feel like either gender can fully understand the struggles of the other gender without a lot of research and empathy, and that seems evidenced by this thread. There's a great divide, but there doesn't have to be.
Agreed

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.