• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
Do you think it's okay to continue to live for the sake of others?

I thought about this a lot recently, the main reason why I continue to live despite not wanting to is because I want to give others an easier time. Even if they abuse me, use me ect... I still feel a need to keep on breathing so they can live life in peace away from the weight of the guilt and grief me ctb would create.

But is that really an okay reason to live? Should we be really martyring ourselves for the sake of others? If so, why should we be expected to do that after all the pain this world has caused us?

Are you avoiding ctb for the sake of others?

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
I'm avoiding it for my cats. They must be loved and cared of, regardless of my state. They didn't do anything wrong to me, after all. And they are the only ones who genuinely love me and will never betray.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It's up to the individual whether they want to continue for the sake of others or not, what I find disgusting is when people guilt trip others into prolonging their meaningless suffering for that reason and call them "selfish" for wanting to die. No, to me what is selfish is how people so harmfully force life here and act like that person is obligated to continue existing even know they never consented to any of this in the first place, nobody should be forced to suffer.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't exactly think there's a right or wrong. It feels like a very personal decision. I feel like it's a balance really. I don't like living. It's unpleasant in so many ways but I feel like the pain it would cause my Dad if I took my own life now isn't something I can come to terms with. If my life reached an unbearable point, maybe my feelings would change but for now, I'm getting through as best I can. Once my Dad is gone, that's it for close family. Most other people haven't seen me for 5, 10, some 20 years. I feel more justified in going then.

As for what you said about some of the people being responsible for us feeling like this to begin with- exactly so. I feel like I owe them even less. To be honest- I don't entirely believe they care enough to be that bothered.

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
I understand that, pets don't deserve to starve or be neglected because we ctb, they deserve everything.
There are people who can care of them, but hardly will love them as much.

N

Nightwatcher

Apr 16, 2024
Any reason to live is good if you feel okay with it. On the other side I think that living for anyone is not (especially when they're bad to you). I would never live for anything or anyone because nobody's gonna live my life for me. It is my own journey, my pain, suffering but also the good things.

I'm not encouraging you to do anything of course. Just sharing my point of view.

eaturdirt

eaturdirt

Lonely girl
Apr 14, 2024
I'm avoiding it now for my family, they really care deeply for me. That's why I want to try a bit longer, maybe try out some therapies and stuff like that. Even though it's hard to hold on a lot of times, I'll do it for now

sickgirlzis

sickgirlzis

the most optimistic pessimist
Apr 17, 2024
I don't think suicide is selfish, but I also don't think living for other people is stupid. it could become unhealthy though. me personally, when I start to think of every family member I know, even tho I'm not around them all the time, I know they will wonder what they could have done and that just makes me feel all types of ways. I don't want other people to suffer because of my decision. at the same time, my life is my life. but I'd rather apply this philosophy to enjoying my life rather than ending it.

BackToLobby

BackToLobby

Devastated
Apr 9, 2024
My family is dealing with some issues right now and just seeing how they react to these "minor issues" (compared to the death of a son/sibling) makes me think: on the one hand if I do this I will only make the family situation worse in a catastrophic way but on the other hand I can't stand the psychological torture of everyday life so idk what to do and anxiety makes me feel like im running out of time.

Reactions: halleyscomet
A

Aprilfarewell4

Experienced
Apr 9, 2024
I did for a while, but now the suffering is so intense and I've deteriorated so severely that there's nothing holding me back.

• Hugs
Reactions: YosemiteGrrl
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Not if they're making no effort to live for the sake of you. Surviving out of care is a 2-way street

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
The thing is, I don't know if I can avoid it. If I could, I definitely would, especially for my partner.

theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
is a dilemma that I still wonder about but I guess everyone has to decide about his own life. Sure, the family or romantic partner will be devastated but it's one thing for another.