heroinhero

heroinhero

Jan 23, 2024
There is not a human alive who i give any miniscule amount of trust/faith in. All i have is my religion and some people who are dead. And i fail to see any problem in it. No one loves me, life has become trial and error but HUGE emphasis on the error part. I dont truly know anyone, how they think, what they think, their influences, beliefs. I can try to guess but i am taking a huge leap of faith by entrusting in a current person, and every single time i have done that it has failed. I have become betrayed, misled, manipulated and abused countless times. I feel compassion and love for all beings irregardless, but i am making a decision thats better for both of us by being detached, untrusting and unfaithul in anyone

• Hugs
Reactions: Malaria, tbroken, foreverfalling and 3 others
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
You put your trust in religion?

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
You are correct in that (in general) humans should not be trusted because they are selfish by nature but logic and religion are two completely different things. Religion is based on belief, it has nothing to do with logic, actually it defies logic.

Reactions: hikikomorizombie
heroinhero

heroinhero

Jan 23, 2024
You put your trust in religion?

You are correct in that (in general) humans should not be trusted because they are selfish by nature but logic and religion are two completely different things. Religion is based on belief, it has nothing to do with logic, actually it defies logic.
To clarify, it is half logical/philosophical, and half faith derived from the former. Also i am okay with putting trust in non human deities and arhats.

TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
Same here dude, i went above and beyond for my "friends" when they were in depressed slumps, gave them aid and a shoulder, not one person now even messages me.

Relationships are too much of a gamble, i could get an animal and have more trust there.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blue Elephant and foreverfalling
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
For me it's less about human nature, but the logic of I don't gain anything giving anyone more than a baseline of trust, I don't gain anything trusting someone not to abandon me. But if I do trust someone more than I have to, I begin having things to lose. This is a bad deal so I don't trust anyone. If you have no expectations you can't be disappointed.

Reactions: foreverfalling
tbroken

tbroken

Wizard
Feb 22, 2024
I'm a male, so maybe the feelings and the medicine are different, but I discovered that i was totally rotten when i started to just go and fill my life with everything i could. I just wanted to simile and laugh after so much pain. Life was a mess and people were so stupid and evil. It's like i understood from a long time that there was no sense in many things, so i just tried to laugh and enjoy time as hard as possibile. My city, my nation, everything is so filled with chaos and ipocricy and I just wanted to forget about it. There may be good and honest People out there, but is not that simple.

Reactions: Blue Elephant
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I relate a lot to what you're saying. I've been burned so many times by people, it's hard to trust them. I want to be able to embrace being alone and not trusting people, I want to be more independent and rely on myself more, because I can't deal with getting hurt again.

Reactions: Blue Elephant