• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Just had a look at the Exit International website.

Yearly membership means you can ask Exit to help with a VAD application to any Swiss organisation. You pay 1200USD on top of membership for this.

Lifetime membership is necessary if you want somebody from Exit to identify you after death. You pay their travel and accommodation expenses.

People under 50 may be able to join if they have physical conditions. Not sure what the criteria are.

befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Yes, I know. I have been helping people with the VAD application for about 6 years now, for free. US$1.200,- is far too expensive. What I recently heard from some members is that it has become more difficult to be accepted. Even with physical illness, applications have been rejected according to these members.

Reactions: tired868686
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
Yes, I know. I have been helping people with the VAD application for about 6 years now, for free. US$1.200,- is far too expensive. What I recently heard from some members is that it has become more difficult to be accepted. Even with physical illness, applications have been rejected according to these members.
Interesting. Every option seems to be getting more difficult.

VAD is expensive and therefore exclusive.

Privilege counts at every stage of life it would seem. Even when it comes to death.

Thank you for your posts on this topic.

Reactions: befree
J

jk9761

Experienced
Jul 25, 2022
Yes. I think you're right.

It basically seems to involve a lot of money and a lot of organisation.

You also need to put the right things on the application.

For older people it might be helpful to join Exit International as it seems they have a connection with Pegasos.
i would take a gamble and pay the 500 for the doctor visit if they could tell me yes or no after the doctor visit but if they say i need to deposit the 5k to further look into my case and i only get back 3500 after further review i would pass . they charge 1500 for their time and effort i read .
I contacted dignitas. They said you have to join and pay a membership fee first, then you have to pay about £4K for them to even consider helping you, and if they decide they won't help they still keep the money. You also have to provide medical evidence of your conditions and treatments you've tried.
after the 4 k if you get denied , they charge 1500 out of the 4 k and give you back 2500 i heard

Last edited:
Reactions: rationaltake
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I don´t know who told you about the CHF 500,-. As I explained several times: The down payment is: CHF 5.000,- . In case you get rejected, you will get back CHF 3.500,-. The CHF 1.500,- is for their expenses for employees, rent....etc. and for the assessment by their lawyers and doctors. And again, you have to pay another appr. CHF 1000,- (+ travel expenses) for an appointment with an independent(!) psychiatrist in Switzerland, only if a psychiatric assessment is necessary.

The reason why there is so much confusion regarding this topic is because some members post rumors and false information.

Take your time and read all the information on the websites of the 6 associations in Switzerland and the 1 in Germany and you will find answers to all your questions.

Last edited:
Reactions: tired868686, Lastsauce and jk9761
M

mjosjueiowl

Jul 15, 2022
If it's legal to help someone to commit suicide in Switzerland, why isn't there any organization that would help voluntarily with non-medicalized methods for free?
They could accept donations anyway.
These currently operating orgs look like a cartel. If anything their current business model should be illegal.

Reactions: tired868686 and JayLa16
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
🇨🇭An important information for all who are thinking about applying for VAD in Switzerland.🇨🇭

The VAD associations and a big organisation that most of us know read in this forum or are even members.
I know this for 100% sure.

Do not post too many personal details and details about your medical records in the forum.

Do not try to cheat to achieve approval and do not discuss any ideas about this in the forum.

If the association recognizes you here in the forum and knows that you are lying, you could not only get into big trouble, but also lose a lot of money. You need proof for everything (medical records, birth certificate....etc.).

👉Before you decide to apply, ask yourself:

Have I read all the information on the websites of the 6 Swiss associations carefully and do I understand everything ?
Do I have a real chance to qualify ?
Do I have the money (minimum CHF10.000,-) ?
Can I afford to lose at least CHF1.500,- of the deposit if I get rejected ?
Would I be willing and able to travel to Switzerland for an expert opinion that would cost an additional CHF1.000,-+travel expenses?*
Do I have all the required documents and medical records ?
Do I have someone to accompany me to identify me after death ?
Will I be able to travel to the VAD appointment ?

*This may be necessary if you have only or also a mental illness indicated in your application.

• Informative
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, tired868686 and rationaltake
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Update regarding Pegasos

Changes regarding the assessment by a psychiatrist

Apparently you no longer have to travel to Switzerland for the assessment by a Swiss psychiatrist.

Assessments carried out by the psychiatrist only occur online in the weeks immediately preceding a VAD date.

This is good news because it saves you travel expenses and you have less stress.

👍

• Informative
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Cantbereal and tired868686