D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
Sterbehilfe.de (in their rooms in Switzerland or in Germany) and Ex International (not Exit !).
Just know that unless you were s resident of Germany, they won't take foreigners. I already emailed them about this. I don't know about exit international and their policies though. I'll have to test up on them.

What about dignitas? Don't they take non,-terminally ill patients?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm wondering why would someone prefer such an expensive and complicated method when you can order the stuff online? But maybe there is a reason, I don't know
Personally, I'd love to go this route but I'm neither terminally ill, nor do I have a documented medical history of depression. Also, I believe you need someone with you and I don't want to tell anyone I know.

I'm a total coward, so 'N' is the most appealing method to me but trying to purchase it I believe is illegal in my country and I'm frightened of being caught and ending up with a criminal record. 'SN' can be used to make explosives I believe- so that also kind of looks suspicious.

I'm not so sure it's that easy to get these things online either. The places I've looked seem to be on higher alert now. Still, maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places, as a lot of folk on here seem to have got stuff ok.

I'd be worried I'd fail at an attempt and be either physically mamed or mentally sectioned. I'm pretty sure all these clinics boast a 100% mortality rate!

Also, even the most private method I can come up with- to take my own life at home in an easily accessible place like the garage and inform the police would affect other ordinary people. I have a family living next door- I don't want to have to hurt other people. I'd rather just clinically disappear.

The people working in these clinics know what they're going in to do each day. I guess people in law enforcement deal with stuff like this more but I just wish we didn't have to consider such sneaky, sometimes illegal or outright violent acts to end it.

That said, I had a really interesting discussion with my landlady once- she was in the unique position of being very pro-choice but also having a Grandmother who had taken her own life. She could understand the situation from both points of view. She also worried that a legalised euthanasia system would be abused by unscrupulous relatives trying to off their rich elders.

It does make you wonder- if they offered assisted suicide without any conditions- just how many people would take it. Probably a shocking amount... Doubt it will ever happen- like other people have said- the government wants workers and taxes. Still- if it were to happen, I bet they'd make a killing! Excuse the pun...

Reactions: DyingMiND and dropintheocean
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Just know that unless you were s resident of Germany, they won't take foreigners. I already emailed them about this. I don't know about exit international and their policies though. I'll have to test up on them.

What about dignitas? Don't they take non,-terminally ill patients?
1. Not in Germany, but in their rooms in Switzerland. 2. It´s not Exit International, not Exit, it´s Ex-International !
3. Dignitas: No, they don´t. Pegasos: yes.

Last edited:
Reactions: dropintheocean and DyingMiND
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
There has been some members here in the forum who have gotten accepted due to severe physical illnesses but looks like they have left already and not active anymore.

Reactions: DyingMiND
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
There has been some members here in the forum who have gotten accepted due to severe physical illnesses but looks like they have left already and not active anymore.
The people you talk about, are they in this thread? (personally, I haven't looked)

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
The people you talk about, are they in this thread? (personally, I haven't looked)
No, the ones I personally have heard for getting accepted arent active here anymore.

Reactions: DyingMiND
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Don't quote me on this, but I think they may accept depression if you can show by your doctor's notes that you have tried many medications therapies, etc to help reduce your symptoms but that they have failed.

IMO, first go to the websites of these places and see what qualifies. If treatment resistant depression (ie. Mental illness) qualifies then you're good to go as long as can get your psychiatrist's notes and have him or her state that you have tried XYZ treatments but failed. That doesn't mean you have to have had ECT treatments... Just that medications, and hopefully therapy have failed thus causing great amount of mental suffering. But first, read of these Swiss places accepts major depressive disorder. One thing they don't accept are those individuals who don't have a 'sound mind' meaning that they are incapable of making informed logical and reasonable choices for themselves. Hope that helps a bit.

That is a drawback and I'm sorry that you can't use that. I actually do have a terminal illness, but my physicians are playing games in that they are not giving me a fitting diagnosis stating that I have an issue. It's a long and convoluted story which I don't want to get into right now. If my physician(s) were actually honest, I would have been able to come there. It's too bad for me that I have not been given a proper diagnosis and they refuse to do so. I know if I was living elsewhere like in a different country that I would be able to get a VAD. Damn...I wish I lived in Switzerland.
I looked into it, it is an extra $1000 or $1500 for psych clearance if you have depression and takes longer for decision. You must be of "sound mind." You also have to put down $5000 and if denied I believe you only get $3500 back. You can also pay $1500 to have someone verify your identity if you dont want to take someone with you. This is for Pegasos

Reactions: DyingMiND, Euthanza and outrider567
H

HubbaHubba

Student
Mar 20, 2022
I looked into it, it is an extra $1000 or $1500 for psych clearance if you have depression and takes longer for decision. You must be of "sound mind." You also have to put down $5000 and if denied I believe you only get $3500 back. You can also pay $1500 to have someone verify your identity if you dont want to take someone with you. This is for Pegasos
You also need a witness present on the CTB day. Not easy to get.

On the psych clearance, how does that work if you're not in Switzerland?

H

HubbaHubba

Student
Mar 20, 2022
You can pay an extra $1500 for witness

Their website has just about everything you need to know before starting app process. You have to pay $100 membership fee before you can apply.

How does that work? Their FAQ said the following:

For legal reasons, everyone who comes for a VAD at Pegasos must have someone known to them who is able to confirm the patient's identity after VAD (by co-signing a paper together with the MD) for the Swiss authorities.

D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
I didn't know about psych clearance but that's not my issue. Do we have any idea about how much medical documents we need to support our application for a VAD? I mean, is one good enough and how strong of a report does it have to be? I swear they want multiple medical reports about your medical diagnoses, prognosis, treatments tried still far etc. and not just one. Also, just you have a specific defined condition of could it be a descriptor of what you are experiencing? My reports by my physicians are not accurate or reliable with reference to what is actually going on with me physically. I know life circle requires several medical reports which mention the same disease or diagnoses,
also need a witness present on the CTB day. Not easy to get.
You say you can pay a certain amount of money for someone to know you (basically a witness). But how does paying someone money who has no idea who you are, become a person who "knows you" to identify the body?

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
It says somewhere on their page. I cant remember the organization but they send someone to your VAD
In the same faq it states there are options which will ne discussed if you dont have someone you know at the vad
I didn't know about psych clearance but that's not my issue. Do we have any idea about how much medical documents we need to support our application for a VAD? I mean, is one good enough and how strong of a report does it have to be? I swear they want multiple medical reports about your medical diagnoses, prognosis, treatments tried still far etc. and not just one. Also, just you have a specific defined condition of could it be a descriptor of what you are experiencing? My reports by my physicians are not accurate or reliable with reference to what is actually going on with me physically. I know life circle requires several medical reports which mention the same disease or diagnoses,
I'm not sure the amount of med docs needed. That might be my issue. I have med and psych. I'd probably just give them my med stuff.

You say you can pay a certain amount of money for someone to know you (basically a witness). But how does paying someone money who has no idea who you are, become a person who "knows you" to identify the body?
I'm sure they look at documents with photo ID but their website clearly says you there are ways if you do not gave someone to bring with you

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
As I explained several times:

Pegasos accepts applications for mental illness. The CHF1.000,- must be paid for the expert opinion of a psychiatrist in Switzerland. In addition, there are the travel expenses for the visit of the psychiatrist in Switzerland. The whole processing takes longer because of this. CHF3.500,- of the CHF5.000,- deposit will be refunded if the application is rejected. Yes, you need a person to identify you after death. As a member of Exit (NOT Exit International !) they can send someone to identify you. For this service you have to pay for the travel expenses.

• Informative
Reactions: rationaltake, outrider567 and dropintheocean
F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
Hi all! 😊

Anyone here has applied or is going to apply for assisted suicide/dying in Switzerland or in somewhere else? Anyone going to travel for assisted dying?

Thank you!
I have applied and they originally said they do accept people with mental illness, however the price upfront they wanted was so expensive and that's just their "fee" alone, not including other things. I was frustrated with it honestly. Acceptance depends on a lot of factors and the cash on hand is one of them :(

Reactions: outrider567, dropintheocean and HubbaHubba
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
I have applied and they originally said they do accept people with mental illness, however the price upfront they wanted was so expensive and that's just their "fee" alone, not including other things. I was frustrated with it honestly. Acceptance depends on a lot of factors and the cash on hand is one of them :(
Hi! Did you go through the whole application process? Were you accepted/planning on going? Thanks for sharing!

F

Funeralprincess

Death never turned on me
May 8, 2022
I did go through it but it was too expensive for me to go and they said a doctor would still have to approve me, but no guarantee that they would

Reactions: dropintheocean
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
I did go through it but it was too expensive for me to go and they said a doctor would still have to approve me, but no guarantee that they would
"a doctor would still have to approve me" This only applies if it´s a mental illness. Only in this case Pagasos needs an expert opinion of a psychiatrist in Switzerland. If it´s only a physical illness send in all paperwork you have and Pegasos lawyers and doctors decide.

Reactions: dropintheocean
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
i feel you :(
Again: You have NOT to be terminally ill and NOT to be Swiss citizen (only when you apply to Exit). Have you ever read the conditions of the 7 associations in Switzerland ?

Last edited:
E

Eris666

May 2, 2022
Again: You have NOT to be terminally ill and NOT to be Swiss citizen (only when you apply to Exit). Have you ever read the conditions of the 7 associations in Switzerland ?
i actually live in switzerland and i've never ever heard that you can get AS for mental illness.
i dont know where you people get that from?

C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
The 10,000CHF plus expenses is the roadblock here.. I don't have that .. that kind of money could help me get out of this hole I'm in or at least pay for a lawyer for me to fight for my son

• Aww..
Reactions: outrider567
M

mojabaka

Student
Apr 20, 2022
What illnesses do they accept? Is it only stuff that's going to kill you like cancer etc., or also other chronic illnesses? I developed nerve pain and POTS from the cocid "vaccine" and I would just love to die. Was completely healthy and not a bit suicidal 10 months ago, but now I would join this programme in Switzerland immediately. Is there an official website I csn check?

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
"a doctor would still have to approve me" This only applies if it´s a mental illness. Only in this case Pagasos needs an expert opinion of a psychiatrist in Switzerland. If it´s only a physical illness send in all paperwork you have and Pegasos lawyers and doctors decide.
Hey befree are you going to have a vad?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Please read the conditions of the 7 associations in Switzerland (Exit does not accept applications from foreigners).

@mojabaka:

"or also other chronic illnesses?" Yes.

https://pegasos-association.com/

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
i actually live in switzerland and i've never ever heard that you can get AS for mental illness.
"i dont know where you people get that from?" Read the conditions of the 7 associations in Switzerland, especially Pegasos.

A

asb13

May 11, 2022
Pegasos in Switzerland accepts people with only Depression, but it cost you $11,000 plus it takes a long time to get accepted plus some here said they sent a big deposit and then there was no more word from them--Plus you need another person or family member to identify you

The two American women who went to Pegasos recently, successfully committed suicide and they were not terminally ill nor were they disabled in any way
Do you know who else said they sent a deposit and didn't hear back? This is happening to me! And I am worried they have scammed me.

• Aww..
Reactions: Euthanza
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
It is on the Pegasos website that it us NOT excluded but you have to be "of sound mind". That is where the extra $1000 for psych comes in

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Do you know who else said they sent a deposit and didn't hear back? This is happening to me! And I am worried they have scammed me.
Sorry to hear that--How long has it been since you sent the deposit? Sometimes they take a long time to respond back