• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Hi all! šŸ˜Š

Anyone here has applied or is going to apply for assisted suicide/dying in Switzerland or in somewhere else? Anyone going to travel for assisted dying?

Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: Mary5689 and Gosuipo
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
Send me a PM if you want.

Reactions: dropintheocean
B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
I was thinking about this and wondered what people thought the pros and cons were about talking to their family about this method (if you are very ill and accepted) versus just disappearing one day? I feel like VAD would be a very hard thing for them to get on board with but less shocking than the alternative? Has anyone tried this conversation with family?

Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
I'm wondering why would someone prefer such an expensive and complicated method when you can order the stuff online? But maybe there is a reason, I don't know

Reactions: downndone2 and dropintheocean
B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
I think three things you get for your money are: removal of shock for others, having someone there, legality of process

• Love
Reactions: Euthanza, Mary5689, Life is pointless and 8 others
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
I'm wondering why would someone prefer such an expensive and complicated method when you can order the stuff online? But maybe there is a reason, I don't know
Access to N.
I would if any of them would accept foreigners.

Reactions: Euthanza, Life is pointless, IBGONE and 4 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
Access to N.
But you can also get N online? I mean, not now, because it's temporarily out of stock, but normally you can

Reactions: Euthanza, downndone2 and dropintheocean
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
But you can also get N online? I mean, not now, because it's temporarily out of stock, but normally you can
I dont think I'd go through with it on my own. Plus I'd rather die traveling.

braindead91

braindead91

May 5, 2022
They need to bring this to America as soon as possible.

Reactions: Zephyr141, la fin de tout, Notaclockiswear and 8 others
D

DyingMiND

It didn't have 2B like this.
Apr 4, 2022
They accept foreigners who have legitimate medical illnesses that can be backed up by medical records. They generally require a family member, maybe friend, to identify the body. I would prefer this way instead of trying to acquire N as it is illegal which could mean jail and/or heavy fines. If you can afford it, I would choose this.

WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Damn, i only have depression. No luck for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: LittleJem
C

CannotAnymore

Apr 29, 2022
I'm a Swiss citizen not wealthy or terminally ill... So the opportunity to die with dignity isn't there for me.

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Mary5689, Euthanza and Endtimes1
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
Don't quote me on this, but I think they may accept depression if you can show by your doctor's notes that you have tried many medications therapies, etc to help reduce your symptoms but that they have failed.

IMO, first go to the websites of these places and see what qualifies. If treatment resistant depression (ie. Mental illness) qualifies then you're good to go as long as can get your psychiatrist's notes and have him or her state that you have tried XYZ treatments but failed. That doesn't mean you have to have had ECT treatments... Just that medications, and hopefully therapy have failed thus causing great amount of mental suffering. But first, read of these Swiss places accepts major depressive disorder. One thing they don't accept are those individuals who don't have a 'sound mind' meaning that they are incapable of making informed logical and reasonable choices for themselves. Hope that helps a bit.
I'm a Swiss citizen not wealthy or terminally ill... So the opportunity to die with dignity isn't there for me.
That is a drawback and I'm sorry that you can't use that. I actually do have a terminal illness, but my physicians are playing games in that they are not giving me a fitting diagnosis stating that I have an issue. It's a long and convoluted story which I don't want to get into right now. If my physician(s) were actually honest, I would have been able to come there. It's too bad for me that I have not been given a proper diagnosis and they refuse to do so. I know if I was living elsewhere like in a different country that I would be able to get a VAD. Damn...I wish I lived in Switzerland.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Mary5689, asb13, dropintheocean and 1 other person
E

Endtimes1

Student
Jan 15, 2022
You don't have to be terminally ill and if you can afford 5k for application, after this you could take a few small loans for the rest 5k if you get approved.

Reactions: Euthanza and outrider567
D

DyingMiND

Apr 4, 2022
You don't have to be terminally ill and if you can afford 5k for application, after this you could take a few small loans
I know you don't have to be terminally ill, but they definitely want hospital and/or physician's notes stating you have some severe medical condition that is causing you severe disability, pain, etc. Otherwise, they can't justify a VAD to their lawyers. For them to remain in business, they will definitely want to avoid being sued. Remember, most individuals who use their services tend to be elderly with multiple medical comorbities even if they don't have a terminal illness. So, if you're younger and don't have a terminal illness, that's fine. But you should be able to show that you have a significant medical condition causing you disability, pain, etc. That's why it's crucial to read their guidelines first in order to see if you qualify for their services.

Hope that sheds some light on the issue.

Reactions: Euthanza, Endtimes1 and dropintheocean
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Only 2 of the 7 VAD associations in Switzerland do not accept foreigners. We already had the whole discussion several times.

Reactions: Euthanza
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Hi, do you know how Swiss society see these Vad clinics? Does the society in general accept their work?
Only 2 of the 7 VAD associations in Switzerland do not accept foreigners. We already had the whole discussion several times.
Pegasos, Dignitas, Lifecircle accept foreigners. Which 2 in addition?

Last edited:
befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
Hi, do you know how Swiss society see these Vad clinics? Does the society in general accept their work?

Pegasos, Dignitas, Lifecircle accept foreigners. Which 2 in addition?
Sterbehilfe.de (in their rooms in Switzerland or in Germany) and Ex International (not Exit !).

Reactions: Euthanza and dropintheocean
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
You don't have to be terminally ill and if you can afford 5k for application, after this you could take a few small loans for the rest 5k if you get approved.
Have you applied or going to?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
You donĀ“t have to be terminally ill to apply to Pegasos. You donĀ“t even have to be ill, but judgemental.
As a Swiss citizen you can apply to Exit (not Exit International !) and pay less than CHF10.000,-.

Reactions: Lone Wanderer, Euthanza and dropintheocean
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
I was thinking about this and wondered what people thought the pros and cons were about talking to their family about this method (if you are very ill and accepted) versus just disappearing one day? I feel like VAD would be a very hard thing for them to get on board with but less shocking than the alternative? Has anyone tried this conversation with family?
I think the biggest pro is safety and guarantee that the method works and you dont end up worse. Several other pros too like could be less traumatic for relatives. Also hopefully a more positive experience to the person who dies.

Of course its a challenging topic for sure and very personal one. Speaking with ones close ones offers much possibilities but also may be really hard. Many dont accept even euthanasia let alone vad/suicide. Im trying to speak about it with some close ones to the best of my abilities.

Reactions: Euthanza, DyingMiND, ben7 and 1 other person
B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
Thanks for this - I am considering speaking about it as an option to close ones too - my worry is if I open it up as a subject and they don't support it and I end up choosing the alternative, they may feel guilty later on that they didn't back this option. Plus, even though we've all had time to get used to it and something like VAD feels positive, its still a shocking thing for others to hear I think (but perhaps not as shocking as the alternative). Such a complicated business.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Pegasos in Switzerland accepts people with only Depression, but it cost you $11,000 plus it takes a long time to get accepted plus some here said they sent a big deposit and then there was no more word from them--Plus you need another person or family member to identify you
I know you don't have to be terminally ill, but they definitely want hospital and/or physician's notes stating you have some severe medical condition that is causing you severe disability, pain, etc. Otherwise, they can't justify a VAD to their lawyers. For them to remain in business, they will definitely want to avoid being sued. Remember, most individuals who use their services tend to be elderly with multiple medical comorbities even if they don't have a terminal illness. So, if you're younger and don't have a terminal illness, that's fine. But you should be able to show that you have a significant medical condition causing you disability, pain, etc. That's why it's crucial to read their guidelines first in order to see if you qualify for their services.

Hope that sheds some light on the issue.
The two American women who went to Pegasos recently, successfully committed suicide and they were not terminally ill nor were they disabled in any way

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Euthanza, Mary5689 and HubbaHubba
D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Thanks for this - I am considering speaking about it as an option to close ones too - my worry is if I open it up as a subject and they don't support it and I end up choosing the alternative, they may feel guilty later on that they didn't back this option. Plus, even though we've all had time to get used to it and something like VAD feels positive, its still a shocking thing for others to hear I think (but perhaps not as shocking as the alternative). Such a complicated business.
I hear you, its a very sensitive and challenging topic. And a taboo. Are you planning on applying for Vad?

B

ben7

Student
Dec 30, 2020
I hear you, its a very sensitive and challenging topic. And a taboo. Are you planning on applying for Vad?
I feel like its the best decision for me but I know if I took that option I would have to discuss with family, and sometimes opening that can of worms and upsetting everyone makes other solo alternatives seem quicker and more attractive
how about you?

befree

befree

Mar 22, 2022
some here said they sent a big deposit and then there was no more word from them
One person in this forum claims this, but as we all know, this is not true. As far as IĀ“m informed this person didnĀ“t send in all required papers. But in the meantime this person has received an answer.

Reactions: Euthanza, Notcutoutforlife and dropintheocean
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
One person in this forum claims this, but as we all know, this is not true. As far as IĀ“m informed this person didnĀ“t send in all required papers. But in the meantime this person has received an answer.
ok, thanks for clearing that up

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Did she/he tell you that not all papers were sent?

D

dropintheocean

Student
Dec 12, 2021
Do you know which vad clinics accept non terminal people for vad? Are you applying?