• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JustHeckinKillMe

JustHeckinKillMe

Cool I'm dead
Sep 26, 2019
Do you ever feel ashamed when you fall in depressive episodes of yourself and the things you did when you were in a good mood? Like for me I'm ashamed of having been friendly or oversharing or funny or talkative or flirtatious or "crazy" moments when I acted immature etc

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Self criticism is often part of depression. It can be a thought equivalent of cutting. It can be helpful to identify those criticisms that are true and useful from which we can learn and mature, from those criticisms that reflect a desire to torment ourselves.

Taking control of ones thoughts is critical to being able to manage depression. Being able to identify those thoughts that are untrue and exaggerated in order to harm ourselves can be a good first step in being able to reduce the effect these thoughts can have.