Passersby

Passersby

Trapped in space and time
Aug 29, 2019
It's sad to see that a lot of the users from this thread are long gone now. I will always remember them though and I hope they are at peace. If you ever come back and read this Angie , I hope you're doing okay.

I won't be having a funeral. I see funerals to be a waste of time and money. I want the least amount of money possible to be spent on my death. So just the bare minimum. I have already put it in writing. I'm going with cremation due to it being the cheapest method.

Ideally, I would like to donate my body to science. I'm afraid that if I had a funeral no one besides my family would show up. Save myself some post death embarrassment and not have one.
At one point I was considering this too until I read about what the company in Phoenix was doing with the donated bodies.

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
Does this really work? Going to a memorial planner saying "here i am, a suicidal guy, who commits next month". I think he will not plan the memorial with you but put you in a psych ward.

Another thing is, i am worried about. What if you organised and paid it all and then your attempt fails? Because only 5% of all suicide attempts are fatal. Will you get the money back in such a case?

Spectre

Spectre

I am serious about not taking things seriously
Nov 27, 2023
I just want someone to throw me in a hole somewhere. But tbh I'll already be dead so whatever happens is none of my business.

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
I don't want a funeral. I already prepaid for a cremation. I don't really care what happens to my body when I am gone. I remember when my father died how stressful it can be to have to plan a funeral and settle someone's affairs especially when you are grieving so I figured I might as well make it easier for others by taking care of some things myself.

Reactions: Passersby
Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
I actually haven't really thought about this at all. I think cremation is the smartest path for me (even though my family would disapprove for generations to come), but I'd also have to worry about a will and where to spread the ashes and... it's just a lot of future work that I'm not really concerning myself with.

O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
I'm thinking about planning my own funeral. I've talked a little to my mother about it (not my funeral, but in general). Funerals in my country have such a negative energy, with terrible music, even worse food and nobody can show other feelings than being apathetic or sad standing their in their black clothes. My mother said that when she eventually dies, she wants happy music, good food and a good spirit, and happy stories about her as a person. That's what I want as well. I was thinking about choosing a song, food to be served, a coffin and other arrangements.

Have you guys thought of the same thing? And how do you do it? Do you just write a specific note, or do you contact the different companies?

I have the money to cover the expences. And I would like to do this so my family don't need to worry about it when I'm gone, and that my own funeral has a little touch of me. I don't want a funeral that's completely unlike me (which most funerals are).
No funeral for me as I have instructed in my goodbye notes, mausoleum space in the top floor already paid for

• Love
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I'm planning some basic bullet points (no church leaders to be present) etc. The rest will be up to whoever cares. Can't bring myself to plan more than a few requests.

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Prepay the cremation, flush the ashes down the toilet or something. No ceremony.