Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Also inadequate, incompetent, weak & powerless
Jun 21, 2022
Is there a suicide case that has specifically stood out for you for any reason? Perhaps because their method is the same or you felt like you could relate to them before they caught the bus?

Two that specifically stand out to me at the moment are Chris Cornell and Choi Jin-sil. Mostly because I recently changed my ligature for hanging and discovered they used the same thing (elastic band / exercise resistance band for anyone curious). Chris was partially suspended from the door, and Choi Jin-sil was (I assume partially) suspended from the shower frame in her bathroom. I think another thing that stood out to me is both of them technically weren't alone or unsupervised. Chris was in the bathroom of his hotel room and had concerned his wife (on the phone) enough for her to warn his bodyguard to immediately gain access to his room to try to stop him from CTB. And Choi Jin-sil did it in her bathroom while her mother and children were home. Toxicology results for Chris were only at therapeutic levels and I believe Choi Jin-sil didn't have any drugs or alcohol in her system.

Despite having some factors that could've intervened or prevented them from CTB, they were still able to and although I don't idolise their suicides, or anyone else's, in anyway other than sheer curiosity, it makes me feel like I should be able to successfully CTB just as long as I can get passed the thoughts and anxieties that come with survival instinct.

• Love
Reactions: Walilamdzii, wiltingorchid, ThisIsLife and 4 others
BigPP

BigPP

Already dead
Apr 30, 2022
There is one that always stood out to me, but not for the reasons you stated. The 'most beautiful suicide' I think is what it was called. A woman jumped off a building and landed on a car. Honestly I understand why the photographer took the picture, she looked beautiful and at peace. After her death they found her note and she said her biggest fear was about whoever would find her body, and she hoped that only a few people would see her before they took her body away, and now the photo of her dead body is absolutely famous. I don't know why, I honestly don't even know how I feel about it, but this story has stayed with me.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lachrymost, Walilamdzii, spiderwebz and 9 others
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
There is one that always stood out to me, but not for the reasons you stated. The 'most beautiful suicide' I think is what it was called. A woman jumped off a building and landed on a car. Honestly I understand why the photographer took the picture, she looked beautiful and at peace. After her death they found her note and she said her biggest fear was about whoever would find her body, and she hoped that only a few people would see her before they took her body away, and now the photo of her dead body is absolutely famous. I don't know why, I honestly don't even know how I feel about it, but this story has stayed with me.
I'm glad I've never seen that photo. I think seeing something like that would stay with me, too.. but that's a very considerate thing for her to write despite her desperation to end her live. Ending your life in a public manner, but not wanting to be seen by the public.. and then being seen by the whole world.. god, that would be a nightmare for me but I'm glad she didn't have to live to witness or experience the shame that she would likely feel having the photo displayed so publicly

Reactions: loopdaloop and niki wonoto
N

niki wonoto

Student
Oct 10, 2019
Similar with you on Chris Cornell, mine is Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, probably because he basically has everything that I've dreamed of (eg: fame, success, popular, etc etc etc), but yet still ctb (committed suicide). Also, it's a proof that even those at the 'top' of life are not immune to depression & suicide. Life doesn't always have to be hard/difficult, for people to ctb.

• Love
Reactions: losing hope, nosoul, OlderNotWiser and 7 others
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Similar with you on Chris Cornell, mine is Chester Bennington from Linkin Park, probably because he basically has everything that I've dreamed of (eg: fame, success, popular, etc etc etc), but yet still ctb (committed suicide). Also, it's a proof that even those at the 'top' of life are not immune to depression & suicide. Life doesn't always have to be hard/difficult, for people to ctb.
Ah yes.. his death was a big shock. I grew up listening to his music in the early 2000's. Although I didn't keep up with his music later in his life, it was still a big shock to see the news.. I know money doesn't buy happiness, but it does buy a comfortable lifestyle which is sometimes just enough to stop people from CTB.. I find it so difficult to understand how I've struggled to CTB even though I have nothing, but people who are financially well off have the courage to end their lives

Reactions: niki wonoto
Emmie

Emmie

Oct 19, 2021
I think about Korean actress Oh In-hye's death a lot. We are the same age and have other things in common. There's also some mystery and debate around her last Instagram and YouTube posts. There are videos on YT concerning this (Grazy TV did a good, respectful one) if anyone's interested.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, Mary5689, houseofleaves and 1 other person
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
I think about Korean actress Oh In-hye's death a lot. We are the same age and have other things in common. There's also some mystery and debate around her last Instagram and YouTube posts. There are videos on YT concerning this (Grazy TV did a good, respectful one) if anyone's interested.
I remember seeing this when it happened. There was a lot of cryptic theories surrounding her death, right? I always wondered how she did it but I could never find any information other than "she died due to cardiac arrest from suicide" but nothing about if it was hanging, an overdose, CO etc

Emmie

Emmie

Oct 19, 2021
I remember seeing this when it happened. There was a lot of cryptic theories surrounding her death, right? I always wondered how she did it but I could never find any information other than "she died due to cardiac arrest from suicide" but nothing about if it was hanging, an overdose, CO etc
Yes, the theories are really interesting. I found an article over a year ago using Google translate that I believe said she hanged herself at her apartment. She had contacted a friend before she did it who rushed over and found her unresponsive. At the hospital doctors got her breathing again and possibly she regained consciousness before later dying not long after. I'm glad she didn't end up a vegetable or disabled for any serious length of time.

Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
Yes, the theories are really interesting. I found an article over a year ago using Google translate that I believe said she hanged herself at her apartment. She had contacted a friend before she did it who rushed over and found her unresponsive. At the hospital doctors got her breathing again and possibly she regained consciousness before later dying not long after. I'm glad she didn't end up a vegetable or disabled for any serious length of time.
Oh, wow.. thanks for sharing that! Surviving that and living in a vegetive state or disabled would just be awful. I don't understand why people contact friends or family right before they ctb, especially when it's a method that requires some time to succeed because there's so many risk factors of being 'saved' in time and living with serious health problems. I guess they just felt highly emotional, acting impulsively or maybe they just didn't care what happened.. I know for sure I can't risk messing it up though so all my last words are gonna be written in my note

Reactions: Emmie
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
Was this the case of the model who jumped off the Empire State building around 1946? I've seen the photo of her body on a car. She still looks beautiful and without a scratch. But I read all of her insides were jelly.

Reactions: lachrymost, quietxconfessions, Euthanza and 2 others
Emmie

Emmie

Oct 19, 2021
Oh, wow.. thanks for sharing that! Surviving that and living in a vegetive state or disabled would just be awful. I don't understand why people contact friends or family right before they ctb, especially when it's a method that requires some time to succeed because there's so many risk factors of being 'saved' in time and living with serious health problems. I guess they just felt highly emotional, acting impulsively or maybe they just didn't care what happened.. I know for sure I can't risk messing it up though so all my last words are gonna be written in my note
I think nearly all of the sad hanging-related serious brain damage stories I've read were people who got interrupted because they either contacted someone beforehand or didn't choose a good location.

I do worry about hanging myself only to involuntarily fall out of the noose after a minute or so and becoming a vegetable that way, but it seems quite rare. I believe the compression method from the Five Last Acts book is the safest ligature suicide since the spoon or makeup brush you'd use with the tourniquet is highly unlikely to come undone even with the involuntary movements you see with unconscious hangings.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzii and Mr. Incapable
houseofleaves

houseofleaves

and this with thee remains.
Jan 14, 2022
Chester Bennington. And Ian Curtis.

Reactions: AnneRee and Mr. Incapable
T

Teenytiny

Experienced
Feb 1, 2022
There's an American celeb can't remember his name that used sn method to commit suicide mostly I just think about robin Williams suicide when it comes to celebs partial hanging I believe

Reactions: Germanicus, nosoul, AnneRee and 1 other person
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
I think nearly all of the sad hanging-related serious brain damage stories I've read were people who got interrupted because they either contacted someone beforehand or didn't choose a good location.

I do worry about hanging myself only to involuntarily fall out of the noose after a minute or so and becoming a vegetable that way, but it seems quite rare. I believe the compression method from the Five Last Acts book is the safest ligature suicide since the spoon or makeup brush you'd use with the tourniquet is highly unlikely to come undone even with the involuntary movements you see with unconscious hangings.
Yup, I agree with you and that's why I could never risk sending a goodbye text or call. Your fear is valid but it seems unlikely, especially if you've ensured that the ligature is strong enough and your knots are tied nice & tight. Is the compression method you're talking about the same as night-night? To be honest I haven't really looked too closely into either of them.. seems a little more complicated to set up and knowing me I would probably mess something up.. plus I kind of want to be in control of the pressure / my last moments before unconsciousness. I try to remind myself how many people have hung themselves accidentally through certain games or activities which involve a ligature around the neck so I know I can achieve it.. it doesn't even hurt with my prior attempts, it's mostly the SI holding me back
There's an American celeb can't remember his name that used sn method to commit suicide mostly I just think about robin Williams suicide when it comes to celebs partial hanging I believe
Surprisingly it seems quite rare to see celeb SN suicides.. I do think it's probably due to not being widely known to most people outside of suicide forums etc

Reactions: houseofleaves
Emmie

Emmie

Oct 19, 2021
Yup, I agree with you and that's why I could never risk sending a goodbye text or call. Your fear is valid but it seems unlikely, especially if you've ensured that the ligature is strong enough and your knots are tied nice & tight. Is the compression method you're talking about the same as night-night? To be honest I haven't really looked too closely into either of them.. seems a little more complicated to set up and knowing me I would probably mess something up.. plus I kind of want to be in control of the pressure / my last moments before unconsciousness. I try to remind myself how many people have hung themselves accidentally through certain games or activities which involve a ligature around the neck so I know I can achieve it.. it doesn't even hurt with my prior attempts, it's mostly the SI holding me back

Surprisingly it seems quite rare to see celeb SN suicides.. I do think it's probably due to not being widely known to most people outside of suicide forums etc
The compression method is a little different than night night, but similar. There's an in depth chapter in 'Five Last Acts' that is linked somewhere on this site.

I would say it's a little more violent than partial since you have to crank the tourniquet quickly to compress the carotids. The reason people seem to have trouble with it is because they don't crank the tourniquet fast enough. (It seems they do it slowly and thus only compress the veins, get that uncomfortable bloated head feeling, and then give up.)

My experience with partial was much more gentle. I just leaned forward and went to sleep. Unfortunately I woke up on the floor and lost my nerve!

Reactions: Mr. Incapable and houseofleaves
Mr. Incapable

Mr. Incapable

Jun 21, 2022
The compression method is a little different than night night, but similar. There's an in depth chapter in 'Five Last Acts' that is linked somewhere on this site.

I would say it's a little more violent than partial since you have to crank the tourniquet quickly to compress the carotids. The reason people seem to have trouble with it is because they don't crank the tourniquet fast enough. (It seems they do it slowly and thus only compress the veins, get that uncomfortable bloated head feeling, and then give up.)

My experience with partial was much more gentle. I just leaned forward and went to sleep. Unfortunately I woke up on the floor and lost my nerve!
Ahh.. yeah. I don't think I could manage to pull that method off. I can imagine it being quite stressful and I don't think I'd be able to tighten it fast enough either. I think sometimes when you're so mentally stressed and exhausted, it can overpower you to suddenly become physically weak and I would definitely struggle to do it and do it right. I can certainly imagine it would work for someone who is courageous and strong enough. Personally, like many of us here, I want to leave in the most peaceful way possible with the least amount of pain and since hanging is my preferred methods partial is the closest I can get to that as long as I can hit the sweet spot for my carotids.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the last experience. Do you mind me asking how you ended up on the floor? Weak anchor?

Reactions: Emmie
Zzzzz

Zzzzz

Nothing compares to the bliss of death.
Aug 8, 2018
I remember exactly what I was doing when I heard about Robin Williams suicide. I felt that he made the right choice for himself and that a burden was lifted from him.

Reactions: AnneRee, Mr. Incapable, WaitingAllMyLife and 1 other person
Un-

Un-

I'm a failure. An absolute waste. A LOSEr.
Apr 6, 2021
I watch gore, sometimes. So, I'm exposed to quite a lot of suicides, and death in general, but every once in a while there'd be a particular person that I find I relate to, or I.. I have sympathy for. I hope this isn't a long post.

Uh.. First one. I don't know the backstory, but I have their video on my profile status if you want to check it out for some reason. His name was Justin. I figure he was somewhere in his teenage years. He sliced an artery on his arm, and bled out. I relate to him a lot because.. Well, his reaction to the entire thing. There's a lot to be said about him, but the one thing that sticks with me is how he said "I'm dying". I don't know. His voice when he said it, too. I've seen some fucked up shit, but that shook me. How would you feel if you said "I'm dying", and you...? Either way, I often say this, but if I had the balls, I'd die in the manner of Justin. It makes you wonder how much pain someone has to be in, y'know.. To stumble and shake around their bedroom, squirting blood from their arm, supposedly not telling anyone what's going on because they're alone.

Second person I think about often.. No name, but they were a Japanese girl. Uh.. If you see the video, you'll see how horrifically she was bullied. Four girls on her, kicking, pulling hair, violating her, etcetera. Two things that made that stick with me was how passerbys simply looked at the bullying, and did nothing. When the girl decided to jump off her school's balcony, no rescue effort was made. People, again, just looked on.

Third person was another Japanese girl. Jumped in-front of a train. Apparently, what happened, was that her boyfriend got her pregnant. Then left her. She hid her pregnancy for as long as she could, but.. she felt that she'd be dishonoring her family by continuing to have the child. She looked for help on social media to no avail. Etcetera, etcetera..

The world's fucked, man. But, hey, humanity is a net positive, right? Humanity is good, right? People are amazing, right? Right? I don't know. Like Travis Miller, said,
"Just a cavity to soak up my guilt and my depravity
The flowers up above me wilting down so they can laugh at me
To think we spend our lives convinced we understand agony"

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: lachrymost, BeautifulMosaics, OceanBlue and 4 others
C

Cali101

May 23, 2022
Kurt Cobain, that was really fkn sad

Reactions: Aisley, wastingpotential and Mr. Incapable
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
There are so many celebrity suicides (many of them by hanging). I think Marylin Monroe's was quite significant. She was supposed to have depression for a lot of her life. Just goes to show that depression doesn't care about how rich, famous, talented or good looking you are. It's a big black cloud that can hang over anybody. May they all rest in peace.

Reactions: OlderNotWiser and Mr. Incapable
Emmie

Emmie

Oct 19, 2021
Ahh.. yeah. I don't think I could manage to pull that method off. I can imagine it being quite stressful and I don't think I'd be able to tighten it fast enough either. I think sometimes when you're so mentally stressed and exhausted, it can overpower you to suddenly become physically weak and I would definitely struggle to do it and do it right. I can certainly imagine it would work for someone who is courageous and strong enough. Personally, like many of us here, I want to leave in the most peaceful way possible with the least amount of pain and since hanging is my preferred methods partial is the closest I can get to that as long as I can hit the sweet spot for my carotids.

Also, I'm sorry to hear about the last experience. Do you mind me asking how you ended up on the floor? Weak anchor?
Yes, the anchor point wasn't tied well, unfortunately.

While partial is gentler I feel like trying to close the carotids can take too long that way and one risks losing their nerve. With compression you have to be brave for just a few seconds whereas I had to spend something like ten or fifteen minutes before I got partial to work.

Reactions: Mr. Incapable
A

AliceTheGoon

Specialist
Jul 1, 2022
When I hear of a celebrity committing suicide there is nothing more humanizing. Keith Emerson for example, just knew him for his music and knew nothing of his personal struggles. Brad Delp, well TMI I guess.

BigPP

BigPP

Already dead
Apr 30, 2022
Was this the case of the model who jumped off the Empire State building around 1946? I've seen the photo of her body on a car. She still looks beautiful and without a scratch. But I read all of her insides were jelly.
Yes, I do believe so. I found a YouTube video where someone went in depth about her reasons for doing it and more about her note she left. She was afraid of heights, but felt she had no other way to get the job done.
I thought of another one, but it's not really confirmed suicide, but Trevor Moore died in a 'possible suicide' and I just remembered reading that and thinking "He's a comedian, what do you mean possible? Of course it was suicide."

Last edited:
Lullaby

Lullaby

🌙
Mar 9, 2022
There was a 12 year old girl who committed suicide a couple of years ago, and live streamed it. Her entire story really messed me up.

She would post videos on YouTube and it would give you an insight to what she was dealing with at home. Her mother was an addict, who would physically and verbally abuse her. In some of her video diaries, you could hear her mom just screaming at her. She was also being abused by her stepfather.

Just a lot of different and horrible stuff she dealt with in real life and online. The whole thing just really broke me. It's always heartbreaking to hear someone so young being broken to that point. I really wish she had a better chance at life than what she was given.

Reading stories about children CTB is enough to make me break down in tears. It shouldn't have to be that way for them, but it is.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, OceanBlue, goodbye_._ and 3 others
friendofbirds

friendofbirds

Jun 6, 2022
i have never been one to be upset about celebrities dying, if i may be honest, but anthony bourdain's ctb upset me on a very deep level. he was such a great human being and it gives me comfort to hope he will be able to cook as much as he likes after the resurrection

B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yeh I remember thinking if someone so talented/rich/famous/loved/successful (Chester) can take their own life why am I still going? But if I remember correctly, he was the victim of sexual abuse as a kid by an older boy in the neighbourhood and that really affected him (not surprisingly).

I remember watching an interview he did where he was talking about depression and he said "this right here, this is a bad neighbourhood (points to head) I should not be in here alone" it just really resonated with me and I thought it was a great way of explaining it. Am so sad he took that route as I think he was drunk when he did it and it might've been impulsive in that moment although obviously he clearly struggled most of his life, he had so many kids I feel bad for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: wastingpotential, Mr. Incapable and niki wonoto
B

bleeeeeep

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
Jan 5, 2022
at the end of last year i became almost obsessed with the music and story of a young brazilian, yoñlu, who killed himself at the age of 16. i found him when i was trawling through wikipedia reading about people who killed themselves via carbon monoxide inhalation. i read his old posts on the forum he frequented, listened to all of his songs on repeat for weeks, and wrote about him in my notebook because i identified with him and the way he felt so strongly. i was incredibly emotional about his suicide despite it happening in 2006, when i was 5 years old. i cried so much while reading all the information i could find about him. i'm not sure why i had such a visceral reaction to his story — probably because of his age and how perceptive he was relative to his age, i'm not sure. also probably because i was having a crisis of my own and considering ending my life the same way, which funnily enough is how i found this website. but yes, that's one story that means a lot to me

Reactions: BeautifulMosaics, unnoticed, Mr. Incapable and 1 other person
gottablast888

gottablast888

Student
Apr 15, 2022
there are some stories i read about children ctb but i try to block it out of my mind

Reactions: unnoticed and Mr. Incapable
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Sulli, Hara, and Jonghyun come to mind often. These were rich and pretty people, but people who were nonetheless suffering a lot.

Reactions: cancerline polache, nosoul, uglybunny and 3 others